[PS3] Approved Custom Deathmatches

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic
Dillono
  • Dillono

Gotham is Mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:14 AM Edited by dillono, 15 September 2014 - 02:47 AM.

Man, this thread is dead.

RO9M-lml
  • RO9M-lml

GOLD Founder & Leader

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

Is this thread dead?
Submitted my DM 20 Juli and no response.

Dillono
  • Dillono

Gotham is Mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:24 AM

Is this thread dead?
Submitted my DM 20 Juli and no response.

No one is sure, but hopefully we're wrong.

Dillono
  • Dillono

Gotham is Mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:52 AM

So, this thread going to make a comeback anytime soon? Also, if it is, could you guys tidy the judges list? I haven't seen BitPieStudios or nruhdal judge here at all.

Fox Stevenson
  • Fox Stevenson

f*ck you

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

I'd love if you guys could check this awesome team deathmatch I created.

It's on the rooftop of the Hospital in Strawberry, and I used props ofcourse.

2-8 players.

http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

• TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

So, this thread going to make a comeback anytime soon? Also, if it is, could you guys tidy the judges list? I haven't seen BitPieStudios or nruhdal judge here at all.

So I'm guessing your wanting to do it?

Dillono
  • Dillono

Gotham is Mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

So I'm guessing your wanting to do it?

Nah, it would just be some short paragraphs by me, but I've absolutely never seen BitPieStudios or nruhdal judge here at all.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Why dont you let the OP worry about the judges, and you worry about whatever it is that is your business.

If you are so concerned about it that you simply can't sleep at night, PM him and quit cluttering the place up. You are the only one who needs to be told this multiple times, publicly.

• Zorvaine, TheMckeever and stronktank like this

Fox Stevenson
  • Fox Stevenson

f*ck you

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:53 PM Edited by Fox Stevenson, 17 September 2014 - 03:29 PM.

Link: http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

Tittle: Desert Sniper #DEATHMATCH

Type: Deathmatch

6 to 16 players

Time: 15 min

Target score: off

Forced Weapons: Sniper Rifle

Description: "I like the way you die boy. [Grab your sniper and prepare to kill everyone on sight. This is a deathmatch in the Senora Desert.] Created by carambazmg."

WeeChips
  • WeeChips

The artist formerly known as KingOfCurlys

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

The thread is in a coma for the time being. I have a busy job and I can only assume other judges do too, I know peeeel does. I could easily say a few quick words about any job as soon as I've played it but to write the reviews for this page with some detail and constructive feedback, takes time. I also play jobs a few times before even writing a review, which is also time consuming, especially if it takes a while to fill lobbies. I have only been managing to play a few hours a week and that's to play and record a playlist with my crew. I haven't had enough gaming time to bother with writing reviews. When I get the time again, I'll do the reviews.

I don't have many created DMs anymore, mainly because I have edited and edited and also deleted certain jobs that I wasn't happy with. Why don't you check out some of my jobs or other peoples jobs and give some feedback? Or why don't you go back and re-edit jobs and tweak them closer to perfection rather than just rattling out job after job and never looking back? The Pines was greatly improved based on taking on feedback. Do the same for others or tweak your other jobs.

• peeeel likes this

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Fly Goils. :U

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:14 AM Edited by BitPieStudios, 23 September 2014 - 06:19 AM.

I am here to say I haven't judged anything because I am a student in school, and finding a full lobby to play these in takes too much time; more than I could offer.

I REALLY am sorry, but life is more important that vidyagames, and studies are more important as well!

I played one job here but only with unbalanced teams (1 v 2) and it wasn't fair for me to post my thoughts on such an unfair thing like that. I only played one job because no one would join me on others. So yeah, as stated above, hopefully the coma lifts from this thread one day. Deathmatches are harder to judge than races because you can't host them alone...  ;A;

Dillono
  • Dillono

Gotham is Mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:40 AM Edited by dillono, 19 October 2014 - 04:42 AM.

Would it be ethical to merge LTSes into Approved Custom Deathmatches, considering that LTSes are DMs w/out respawns?

(Don't take this 100% literal, just putting in my two cents.)

peeeel
  • peeeel

KAPE

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by peeeel, 16 October 2014 - 07:44 PM.

Would it be ethical to merge LTSes into Approved Custom Deathmatches, considering that LTSes are DMs w/out respawns?

Highly unethical.

Your suggested merge > Genocide.

I've decided to withdraw until November the 18th, I can't fill the larger maps anymore. I'll speak with Stornktank about this thread then, If anyone would like to judge any of the maps here feel free too, as there is a lot of good content here.

I'll just pick up where I left off on next-gen if our creations get passed over. If not I I'll start a next-gen thread. 

• TheMckeever likes this

WeeChips
  • WeeChips

The artist formerly known as KingOfCurlys

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:08 PM Edited by KingOfCurlys, 18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM.

I'll just pick up where I left off on next-gen if our creations get passed over. If not I I'll start a next-gen thread. 

Yeah to be honest, I think I'm going to wait until next gen as well since I'll be moving to the PS4 on GTA launch day. Starting fresh with a new thread for PS4 DMs is probably the best idea to move this forward. I'll join in with the new thread peeeel when it comes about.

Dillono
  • Dillono

Gotham is Mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by dillono, 24 November 2014 - 03:57 AM.

It seems that current-gen GTA V transfers your bookmarks to PS4 as well, so I think this thread has a fair chance of making a comeback.

I'd also like to volunteer as a judge, as right now I already have a review thread and that's going smooth, so sign me up if you can, I'll start reviewing the deathmatches "Boxes - Shotguns" & "Damnation" sometime this week, as other reviewers haven't took the plate to review them yet and the guys who made them are moderately active on the forums so I surely know the creators will see the the review.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

I am an experienced scenario maker for Arma 2 - I'll be developing some maps. :) Luckily, all of the tips provided are intuitive are for me, so I'm hoping I'm able to (competently) create a unique, lateral experience that's balanced, with all areas of congestion interesting through more artificial setpieces or natural scenic/terrain choices. My first project, Rooftop Splash, is adequate, in my opinion, but I am wondering however:

1 - Can you personally prioritize spawns based on distance of nearby players?

2 - Is it possible to create cycles of SELECTED spawns?

3 - Are you able to group spawns with 2 and change them occasionally to make sure activity is changed around from where players have naturally headed?

!!! 

So happy we're able to increase longevity with such tools. :) They're very simple, too, which is certainly a relief.

• TheMckeever likes this

Dillono
  • Dillono

Gotham is Mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by dillono, 26 November 2014 - 06:04 PM.

Boxes - Shotguns

- Unoriginal title.

- Trigger could be placed a little away from the box, gets in the way of the pre-lobby cam.

+- Okay-ish description, could be longer.

+ Good weapon choice & placement.

+ Dem explosions tho'.

+ Good location 

- Could use some more armor pickups

+ Good use of vehicles

- Move the spawns by the sea somewhere else, they're a nuisance in first-person

- Could rotate some spawns so it doesn't directly face a cover spot

+ Nice prop placement to fit in with the natural props.

Verdict: You got a good deathmatch on your hands, but as of now it needs some tweaking to it. Needs Work.

mechluvin89psn
  • mechluvin89psn

The One and Only

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

lol dillono ignores his own thread to do reviews here.. makes sense

• Nitty Don likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

This topic feels almost as a waste of effort, but trying didn't hurt. So thanks to everyone who participated in trying to get this lifted. Anyone may feel free to copy the OP and try to get others involved. But please credit the people who got the OP the way it is.

Dillono, well thanks for the review I guess.

But I do disagree on most parts though. The title and description could maybe be better but I like the simplicity of it. The trigger was intentionally placed within the boxes. Armor is a personal preference as not all deathmatches need it imho. I will ignore the first-person take as I didn't create it for that. And I think it's a good thing to face cover? Anti-spawnkill stuff I guess.

• WeeChips and mechluvin89psn like this

slohbur
  • slohbur

- - -✄- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• V Staff
  • Unknown
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Topic locked on request.

• stronktank likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users