GTA IV Not running on Windows 7

10 replies to this topic
Der_Zerknitterer
  • Der_Zerknitterer

DZerk

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

I DIDN'T FIND ANYONE WITH THE EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM ON THE INTERNET.

I have installed that one: gta-4-grand-theft-auto-4-iv-episodes-fro(Exactly that one)

Well, I open "Grand Theft Auto IV" in my [start] menu and guess wht happens next?

Spoiler

Thanks

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Download and install the patch from rock stars support site.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Why are you launching the game from start menu? Launch it from your installed game directory. And what are your PC specs?

Der_Zerknitterer
  • Der_Zerknitterer

DZerk

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

Download and install the patch from rock stars support site.

Omg it worked :D but it won't stop loading, once the music is performing a natural ending, it's still doing that loading screen with these GTA IV characters.

Why are you launching the game from start menu? Launch it from your installed game directory. And what are your PC specs?

My PC is old but not too old for GTA IV.(2008 PC. that sounds pretty legit to me.) In the Graphics options it set everything to about 20% and "middle".

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

make a new txt file and name it 'commandline.txt' (exclude tags). Now open it and write like this-

-norestrictions

-nomememrestrict

Save it and run the game. Also try running on Lowest Settings. Hope this fixes infinite loading. :^: 

Der_Zerknitterer
  • Der_Zerknitterer

DZerk

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by WallyImagini, 28 June 2014 - 02:47 PM.

make a new txt file and name it 'commandline.txt' (exclude tags). Now open it and write like this-
-norestrictions
-nomememrestrict

Save it and run the game. Also try running on Lowest Settings. Hope this fixes infinite loading. :^:

I just did, but it opens the R* Social club login thingy, then my cursor changes into a CD with a little triangle over it, then... my PC is ultra laggy(can't open anything without freezing everything) and I can reset it. Tried it 5 times. :(
BTW I also tried to run it as an Admin; nothing special happens.
EDIT: Now, I have got a proplem solution on the internet which solves THAT problem.
Anyway, Infinite loading problem is here again, Maybe I have wrongly copied the little text you gave me? If yes, then please don't bother posting it in a quote. Like that:

-norestrictions
-nomememrestrict

EDIT2: Now I noticed it says "nomememrestrict" is that wrong?

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:15 AM

I don't quote long posts. Don't worry. ;) And its wrong. It should be nomemrestrict. Typo. Sorry. And I asked before also. What are your PC Specs?

Der_Zerknitterer
  • Der_Zerknitterer

DZerk

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

Prozessor: Intel Pentium D CPU 3.40GHz (I have two of them built in)

RAM: 2GB

Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GT 520

Windows 7 32Bit

And it says at "Computer" "ACPI x86-based PC"(Translated into english) Dunno if that is helpful but...

These are mostly my specs, but this PC is fast enough to run a 08' game! I believe! :(

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

But this game is both CPU and GPU hungry. Even ultra rig owners have problems running it properly. And about your infinite loading, check in Google for more solutions.

Der_Zerknitterer
  • Der_Zerknitterer

DZerk

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by WallyImagini, 30 June 2014 - 01:27 PM.

I just found a way to open GTA IV in windowed mode which wanted to fix the loading problem. It doesn't work! But I think I don't understand the instructions... I didn't understand that part(because I did it like I undertstood, how is that supposed to work?):

9. DON'T: Do not start the game through the provided button in the up-popping menu of Rockstargames Social Club. Just minimize it to the tray.
10. PLAY: Start the game through your shortcut of LaunchGTAIV.exe and ENJOY THAT MOTHERf*ckER!!!!

I'm about to throw the PC out of my window! :panic:          (which is 1 meter away from my PC)

Anyways you can find the whole topic http://gtaforums.com...hnical-trouble/

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

I stay mad @ Rockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

try to run gta iv in "safe mode" - its in your start menu items, maybe the rockstar games folder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users