GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Hey guys it's me again, made something for my concept that every gta should have, guns:

gta_capital_city_all_weapons_by_maniac_d

Feel free to use what guns you need for your own projects/concepts. Sorry i didn't listed the models which they are inspired on and that they aren't the same size but on scale to each other.
Still might be useful to those who need it.
  • Claude4Catalina, Money Over Bullshit, killdrivetheftvehicle and 7 others like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

Okay, that's what I've found interesting so far. Any opinions on the stuff above? Now, it's time for side missions I want to introduce. Are they worthy?

• Kidnapping - basically what I wrote here. It's a very common crime here, as many gangsters in King County area kidnap people.
  • [again, insert Uber parody here] Driver - the player can use pretty much any car (it's suggested to use a 4-door one) to drive to a destination chosen by the client(s). While in car, the player needs to use the app in order to trigger this side mission. This idea could be used as a replacement for Private Taxi Fare from GTA V, while regular Taxi Driver side mission with generic peds as clients could still exist.
I apologize for a bit archaic writing. I hope you get what I'm thinking about. More stuff later.

I only quoted this portion for space's sake, but I love the research you've been doing. Background research in concepts always, ALWAYS helps. Research always adds more realism in concepts. It prevents concepts from being uninspired cookie-cutter concepts with recycled assets from existing GTA titles. The research you've done in crime in the area, and the area itself is great! I always loved in the 3D Era titles the diversity of scenarios used to block off locked areas early on. GTA V had no locked areas, and terrorism, albeit tapping into the times, was a weak excuse for isolating parts of New York from each other. I don't have many specific comments on your first section. I want to say I love the research you're doing.

As far as your side missions go: YES! Kidnapping is an area barely ever touched by GTA. It's saved for those rare missions that involve them, and often it's only used to drive the plot. Using Uber is a fantastic idea. It reminds me of that GTA III trick you could use to do the Taxi side mission in any vehicle. ;) Taxis are losing to Uber and Lyft in reality, so maybe you can add something about that in your concept somewhere? Personally, I found the private fares interesting, but a bit annoying with the whole property system in GTA V. I wouldn't include private fares with normal taxis or an Uber, as no way a famous or important person would call up the Uber around the corner for an important ride. Perhaps have private fares start at some sort of headquarters? That way they can always be triggered by the player's choice. That's my two cents. You're doing a great job! Keep it up!

@(Ambient)

You have the correct approach on a female protagonist. Not having one as a sex symbol or to appeal, but because women are in crime, too. I'm sure that will be an integral part of your protagonist's struggle. Being a woman in a man's world, or so they say. Your plot is rounding out well. The revenge aspect of the plot forces the protagonists to meet, but not necessarily to like or respect each other. They have to work together, but they don't have to agree. Something I disliked about GTA V is how all three protagonists were just suddenly friends. I didn't feel a ton of tension between Michael and Trevor, frankly. They got along all too well for two people that hated each other. Looking good!

@The Deadite

Those weapons are fantastic! You continue to impress. I'm a sucker for melee weapons. I loved the hardware stores in Vice City. Your selection of melee weapons just ensures me I'd never run out of any creativity when killing my enemies. Especially if I'm able to rock star smash their skull into the pavement with a guitar. :sly:

@Everyone

Cebra and The Deadite, you both have awesome graphics! Cebra, yours give me a true Mafia vibe. I love these! This goes for anyone thinking about doing graphics: DO THEM! Often times, there are people who don't have the time to sit down and read through text here, or just skip over it all together. Graphics are a great attention grabber, and give a TON of information in them still! They look impressive and always generate positive feedback. You can do this for characters, as we've seen, or locations, weapons, radio stations, vehicles, the period you're set in. essentially everything your concept includes. They always help! If you're not graphically inclined, hit up the Graphics section on the forums or look up some tutorials and templates for ideas. 

The creativity in you guys always astounds me. Great work you all are doing!

• Cebra, The Deadite, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago Edited by (Ambient), A week ago.

Hello guys, it's too hot here in Central Europe. I wish it was colder. :santa:

@The Deadite, I love your icons, man! Good too see the Flamethrower returning to the HD universe. Damn, good ol' times playing GTA III and San Andreas, and rocking with that awesome thing. Also... the guitar as a weapon? You're a crazy guy. :lol:  I'm also happy that you haven't made the Railgun and other Sci-Fi stuff. :^:

@ClaudX, thanks for liking my ideas and stuff. :pp I know about taxis losing to Uber (haven't heard about Lyft though) and I thought about having a scenario where angry taxi drivers would try to destroy car by ramming into it.

I wouldn't include private fares with normal taxis or an Uber, as no way a famous or important person would call up the Uber around the corner for an important ride

Who said I plan Neben (yes, I finally made a spoof of Uber) for VIP people? Our passenger could be simply some common people. It's not like that Uber is an exclusive for the richest people, after all. ;)

About what you said about a female protagonist: Yes! The problem of misogyny in crime world will be covered in the storyline as well as some characters will have trust issues to some people, because... Well... Not all criminals treat other criminals as friends.

• ClaudX, The Deadite, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

I need to learn more about how to put in graphics for my upcoming 1980's Carcer City concept thread.

• Ivan1997GTA and CRAZY AL WARD like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 5 days ago

I made six versions of my concept's logo. Which one you like the most? Also, I changed the concept's name from GTA: Capital State to GTA: State of Jefferson after I had seen Wildbrick's license plate mod to GTA V in which Washington is parodied as Jefferson and found that name a better one than Capital.

• Ivan1997GTA and DimitriFaustin like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 5 days ago

3 looks the best imo, without any shadow on the gta logo part.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 days ago

I like #6. I like the grit and dirt on the logo. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users