• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

Hey guys it's me again, made something for my concept that every gta should have, guns:

gta_capital_city_all_weapons_by_maniac_d

Feel free to use what guns you need for your own projects/concepts. Sorry i didn't listed the models which they are inspired on and that they aren't the same size but on scale to each other.
Still might be useful to those who need it.
  • Claude4Catalina, Money Over Bullshit, Osric and 11 others like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

Okay, that's what I've found interesting so far. Any opinions on the stuff above? Now, it's time for side missions I want to introduce. Are they worthy?

• Kidnapping - basically what I wrote here. It's a very common crime here, as many gangsters in King County area kidnap people.
  • [again, insert Uber parody here] Driver - the player can use pretty much any car (it's suggested to use a 4-door one) to drive to a destination chosen by the client(s). While in car, the player needs to use the app in order to trigger this side mission. This idea could be used as a replacement for Private Taxi Fare from GTA V, while regular Taxi Driver side mission with generic peds as clients could still exist.
I apologize for a bit archaic writing. I hope you get what I'm thinking about. More stuff later.

I only quoted this portion for space's sake, but I love the research you've been doing. Background research in concepts always, ALWAYS helps. Research always adds more realism in concepts. It prevents concepts from being uninspired cookie-cutter concepts with recycled assets from existing GTA titles. The research you've done in crime in the area, and the area itself is great! I always loved in the 3D Era titles the diversity of scenarios used to block off locked areas early on. GTA V had no locked areas, and terrorism, albeit tapping into the times, was a weak excuse for isolating parts of New York from each other. I don't have many specific comments on your first section. I want to say I love the research you're doing.

As far as your side missions go: YES! Kidnapping is an area barely ever touched by GTA. It's saved for those rare missions that involve them, and often it's only used to drive the plot. Using Uber is a fantastic idea. It reminds me of that GTA III trick you could use to do the Taxi side mission in any vehicle. ;) Taxis are losing to Uber and Lyft in reality, so maybe you can add something about that in your concept somewhere? Personally, I found the private fares interesting, but a bit annoying with the whole property system in GTA V. I wouldn't include private fares with normal taxis or an Uber, as no way a famous or important person would call up the Uber around the corner for an important ride. Perhaps have private fares start at some sort of headquarters? That way they can always be triggered by the player's choice. That's my two cents. You're doing a great job! Keep it up!

@(Ambient)

You have the correct approach on a female protagonist. Not having one as a sex symbol or to appeal, but because women are in crime, too. I'm sure that will be an integral part of your protagonist's struggle. Being a woman in a man's world, or so they say. Your plot is rounding out well. The revenge aspect of the plot forces the protagonists to meet, but not necessarily to like or respect each other. They have to work together, but they don't have to agree. Something I disliked about GTA V is how all three protagonists were just suddenly friends. I didn't feel a ton of tension between Michael and Trevor, frankly. They got along all too well for two people that hated each other. Looking good!

@The Deadite

Those weapons are fantastic! You continue to impress. I'm a sucker for melee weapons. I loved the hardware stores in Vice City. Your selection of melee weapons just ensures me I'd never run out of any creativity when killing my enemies. Especially if I'm able to rock star smash their skull into the pavement with a guitar. :sly:

@Everyone

Cebra and The Deadite, you both have awesome graphics! Cebra, yours give me a true Mafia vibe. I love these! This goes for anyone thinking about doing graphics: DO THEM! Often times, there are people who don't have the time to sit down and read through text here, or just skip over it all together. Graphics are a great attention grabber, and give a TON of information in them still! They look impressive and always generate positive feedback. You can do this for characters, as we've seen, or locations, weapons, radio stations, vehicles, the period you're set in. essentially everything your concept includes. They always help! If you're not graphically inclined, hit up the Graphics section on the forums or look up some tutorials and templates for ideas. 

The creativity in you guys always astounds me. Great work you all are doing!

• Cebra, The Deadite, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:45 PM Edited by (Ambient), 11 August 2017 - 05:45 PM.

Hello guys, it's too hot here in Central Europe. I wish it was colder. :santa:

@The Deadite, I love your icons, man! Good too see the Flamethrower returning to the HD universe. Damn, good ol' times playing GTA III and San Andreas, and rocking with that awesome thing. Also... the guitar as a weapon? You're a crazy guy. :lol:  I'm also happy that you haven't made the Railgun and other Sci-Fi stuff. :^:

@ClaudX, thanks for liking my ideas and stuff. :pp I know about taxis losing to Uber (haven't heard about Lyft though) and I thought about having a scenario where angry taxi drivers would try to destroy car by ramming into it.

I wouldn't include private fares with normal taxis or an Uber, as no way a famous or important person would call up the Uber around the corner for an important ride

Who said I plan Neben (yes, I finally made a spoof of Uber) for VIP people? Our passenger could be simply some common people. It's not like that Uber is an exclusive for the richest people, after all. ;)

About what you said about a female protagonist: Yes! The problem of misogyny in crime world will be covered in the storyline as well as some characters will have trust issues to some people, because... Well... Not all criminals treat other criminals as friends.

• ClaudX, The Deadite, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

I need to learn more about how to put in graphics for my upcoming 1980's Carcer City concept thread.

• Ivan1997GTA and CRAZY AL WARD like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

I made six versions of my concept's logo. Which one you like the most? Also, I changed the concept's name from GTA: Capital State to GTA: State of Jefferson after I had seen Wildbrick's license plate mod to GTA V in which Washington is parodied as Jefferson and found that name a better one than Capital.

• Ivan1997GTA and DimitriFaustin like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
    Most Improved 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

3 looks the best imo, without any shadow on the gta logo part.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

I like #6. I like the grit and dirt on the logo. 

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:57 PM Edited by (Ambient), 23 August 2017 - 06:00 PM.

Hey.

Spoiler

• ClaudX, Ivan1997GTA, Criminal-Fox and 1 other like this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

I'm drafting some ideas for various concepts of mine, both the Carcer City concepts I mentioned earlier, and a few other new concepts as well.

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

For some time, I have an idea for a concept set in a state based on Washington.

So, I have decided to resume work on my Carcer City concept, with a major overhaul.

Hey guys, i haven't posted here in years, however i never stopped working on my concept, i just want to let you know i'm still on it (with a huge help of a friend on the writing department)

Out of curiosity, how are you guys doing on these projects? Can we expect any new posts or updates in the near future? There's nothing I'd like more for the forum than to see concepts make a resurgence, because we need something to drum up interest again. There are so many good ideas I've seen in this topic never come to fruition and I'd hate to see the same thing become of these.

Besides that, anyone have any suggestions for mine? I've never really reached out for feedback, but seeing what you've all got in store throughout these pages has shown me that the best things come from community contributions. Cars, music, side-mission suggestions, whatever - you've pretty much all got experience on me. Let's make GTA Series great again. :p

• ClaudX and CRAZY AL WARD like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
    Most Improved 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:26 AM Edited by The Deadite, 13 September 2017 - 02:30 AM.

Like i said, i never stopped working on mine.

It's something i always have in my mind every day even though i have nothing solid to show storywise. I don't want to self-advertise my sh*t, but if you want to see the level of commitment to my concept, check out the made map of Capital City i've made specifically for this purpose.
(Link in my profile)

I'm aiming for the same level of detail in my story and characters and luckily, i have someone helping me with the story, be improving the dialogue, filtering my stupid ideas or just tuning up story details.
  • Osric, slimeball supreme and ClaudX like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

Out of curiosity, how are you guys doing on these projects? Can we expect any new posts or updates in the near future? There's nothing I'd like more for the forum than to see concepts make a resurgence, because we need something to drum up interest again. There are so many good ideas I've seen in this topic never come to fruition and I'd hate to see the same thing become of these.

Besides that, anyone have any suggestions for mine? I've never really reached out for feedback, but seeing what you've all got in store throughout these pages has shown me that the best things come from community contributions. Cars, music, side-mission suggestions, whatever - you've pretty much all got experience on me. Let's make GTA Series great again. :p

Currently I'm more focused on my high school life rather than my GTAForums life, so I don't have so much time to write GTA: State of Jefferson. Though it's not like that my concept is in hiatus or something. Currently, I'm making graphics to my concept, working on the "Gameplay" & "Gangs" sections (thanks to slimeball supreme for his help with the latter) as well as creating radio stations. I don't have a big focus on story so far, because it requires having more free time to think about the storyline [the concept of three protagonist who represent classic crime themes (revenge, respect and money) is still a thing if you ask me]

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

Like i said, i never stopped working on mine.

It's something i always have in my mind every day even though i have nothing solid to show storywise. I don't want to self-advertise my sh*t, but if you want to see the level of commitment to my concept, check out the made map of Capital City i've made specifically for this purpose.
(Link in my profile)

I'm aiming for the same level of detail in my story and characters and luckily, i have someone helping me with the story, be improving the dialogue, filtering my stupid ideas or just tuning up story details.

Yeah, I remember your map and it's fantastic. I've never seen anyone in the mapmaking topic put quite that much detail into one, which is why I was wondering if you had put as much stock in the other aspects of your concept and when we'll get to see it. If there's ever anything you'd like some help with shoot me a PM.

Currently I'm more focused on my high school life rather than my GTAForums life, so I don't have so much time to write GTA: State of Jefferson. Though it's not like that my concept is in hiatus or something. Currently, I'm making graphics to my concept, working on the "Gameplay" & "Gangs" sections (thanks to slimeball supreme for his help with the latter) as well as creating radio stations. I don't have a big focus on story so far, because it requires having more free time to think about the storyline [the concept of three protagonist who represent classic crime themes (revenge, respect and money) is still a thing if you ask me]

I understand balancing school and writing, but I'm in the same boat as Deadite. I end up coming back to it whenever I have some free time not only because it's fun, but because I think it's a great way of exercising creativity. Same deal goes as with him - if you think any of your ideas need some throwing around, don't hesitate to PM me. 

I don't think this part of the forum's any worse for wear than it was back in 2014, but people seem to prefer sticking around in the background and reading rather than participating. It is what is it, but I thought it would be fun to try and jumpstart the effort to get people's creative juices flowing. Going through the pages of the old creators' lounge makes me think we could get it up and running again, because there weren't really too many more active members than today. People just used the topic as kind of a running lounge for status updates, which was kind of cool.

In that spirit, I'm rewriting my latest mission for B&B. I clocked over 4000 words for the one I posted the other day and I think that's a bit too long. On top of that, Google Docs screwed me by deleting all my quotation marks. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to provide a summation of each mission for people who don't want to read the entire thing and just get a feel for the concept as a whole?

• The Deadite and Ivan1997GTA like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
    Most Improved 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:22 AM Edited by The Deadite, 17 September 2017 - 02:23 AM.

I think it would be a good thing, like a sub title before the main meat but that doesn't spell the whole thing.

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

I am still drafting ideas for Carcer City, but I'm a little afraid of actually starting it because I don't know how to code or even post graphics made by other people.

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:16 PM Edited by Cebra, 19 September 2017 - 10:16 PM.

I am still drafting ideas for Carcer City, but I'm a little afraid of actually starting it because I don't know how to code or even post graphics made by other people.

To code what, tables? They're hard to understand at first but once you realize what's what all you have to do is put the writing in the correct place. PM me if/when you get to that point in the concept if you still need some help and I'll lend a hand.

As for the graphics, it's easy. Once you get your finished product (I'm assuming from the GFX section) just save the image to your desktop and upload it to imgur. To embed it into the topic instead of just having it as a link, you copy the url once it's uploaded and then paste it into the little image embedder in the text box (it's the picture of a tree). That's all there is to it.

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:04 AM Edited by Osric, 24 September 2017 - 03:24 AM.

To code what, tables? They're hard to understand at first but once you realize what's what all you have to do is put the writing in the correct place. PM me if/when you get to that point in the concept if you still need some help and I'll lend a hand.

As for the graphics, it's easy. Once you get your finished product (I'm assuming from the GFX section) just save the image to your desktop and upload it to imgur. To embed it into the topic instead of just having it as a link, you copy the url once it's uploaded and then paste it into the little image embedder in the text box (it's the picture of a tree). That's all there is to it.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

So, I've been doing some revisions to my Carcer City concept and I have figured out that Grand Theft Auto: Carcer City will have one protagonist and will be set over a period of time, beginning in the late 1980's/early 1990's and ending in the late 1990's/early 2000's, specifically 1989-2001. Of course, Carcer City is based on Chicago.

Some new features include seasons and the weather changes that come with that (Snow in the winter, leaves changing colors in the fall, rain and blossoming flowers in springtime, etc.) and rural areas based on rural Illinois and Wisconsin. There's also Lake Hiawatha (based on Lake Michigan), and lots of animals to hunt and fish, and plants to forage as a side activity.

I may even include a second smaller city, Brewers City, based on Milwaukee. 

Gang warfare will always play a major role in the game itself, especially between the two mega-alliances of the Republic (People Nation) and the Collective (Folk Nation), along with the inter-alliance rivalries as well. 

Republic Gangs

Spanish Lords (Latin Kings)

Sin Kings (Vice Lords)

Stone Cold Killers (Black P. Stones)

Yaoi Lords (Gaylords)

Fourth Street Players (Four Corner Hustlers)

Cavaliers (Jousters)

Hentai Fiends (Stoned Freaks)

Spanish Dukes (Latin Counts)

Collective Gangs

Gangster Apostles (Gangster Disciples)

Lunatic Spanish Disciples (Maniac Latin Disciples)

Demon Apostles (Satan Disciples)

Carcer City Royals (Simon City Royals)

Morrison Aristocrats (Harrison Gents)
Brewer City Kings (Milwaukee Kings)

Spanish Falcons (Latin Eagles)

Insane Ducats (Insane C-Notes)

Insane Cardinals (Insane Popes)

Renegade Gangs

Lost MC (Outlaws MC)

Carcer City Outfit (Chicago Outfit)

Madrazo Cartel (Los Zetas)

Carcer East (Chi-West/Russian Mafia)

The main character is Chris Kennedy, a twenty-five year old gangbanger belonging to the Cavaliers, an old-school Caucasian gang on its last legs, and his struggles to survive on the mean streets of Carcer City as he aims to get out of the gang life for good.

The 1990's was the last decade that Chicago's Caucasian street gangs were heavy hitters on the street, and during the 90's a lot of these gangs either folded up completely or downsized and retreated to the suburbs and rural Midwest. Also, this was when the People and Folks alliances started to crumble on the streets, leading a new generation of gangsters to throw out the old codes of conduct as the old gang leaders either retired, died, or went to prison for good.

A prominent example of this was what happened to Jeff Fort, founder of the People Nation and the last unified leader of the Black P. Stones. When he was in charge of the Stones, they had a strict code of conduct and did not deal crack cocaine. But when he was sentenced to life imprisonment at a federal supermax facility, the Black P. Stones descended into chaos, as sets began to splinter and the new gangsters disregarded Fort's rules and codes. The same thing happened to basically all of the Chicago gangs in the 1990's and 2000's, regardless of turf, set, ethnicity, or allegiance.

It's sort of an "End of an Era" story, detailing the final demise of the Stone Greaser-era Caucasian gangs, the end of the old-school gangsters in general, and the rise of a new breed of gangster that disregarded the rules that served their forefathers so well, as well as the Cartels replacing the Mafia as the main dominant power in high-level organized crime, culminating in Chicago becoming "Chiraq" due to a mix of severe economic decline and a massive overflow of drugs brought in by the cartels. There's a reason why the People and Folks alliances don't mean much on the streets of real-life Chicago, though the alliances still carry a lot of sway in the joint.

The game would have a very melancholic and Gothic atmosphere to it, and would essentially be styled as a tragedy. 

Also, I am working on the designs of Carcer City's neighborhoods, suburbs, and landmarks. I'm even finding photographs of these neighborhoods to use in my concept thread.

So far, I have pictures for these areas....

Downtown Carcer City (Downtown Chicago)

North Town (Uptown)

Hawthorne Park (Irving Park)

Hanselman Park (Hanson Park)

Hubert Park (Humboldt Park)

Copperfield (Bronzeville)

Glendale (Lawndale)

Gygax (Gary, Indiana)

Sparrowsburg (Canaryville)

Martini-Gray Housing Projects (Cabrini-Green)

Shawnee Springs (Fox Lake/Skokie, Illinois)

Harrington (Addison, Illinois)

Cato (Cicero, Illinois)

Front of the Lawns (Back of the Yards)

Lakeside (Lakewood)

Arneson (Pilsen)

Point Pleasant (Kenosha, Wisconsin)

Manor Park (Villa Park, Illinois)

Brewers City (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

Lake Zurich (Lake Geneva, Wisconsin)

Montgomery Tower (Sears Tower)

Tecumseh Correctional Facility (Cook County Jail/Pontiac State Prison)

• Rebel Yell and Cebra like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:53 PM Edited by (Ambient), 24 September 2017 - 05:55 PM.

Coming soon...

fRDT6Mq.png

Can you guess what the white bar is? No, it's not for special ability. :p It's not for oxygene too.

R1mnmnf.png

C6C47GF.png

• Osric, Cebra, Testarossa and 3 others like this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:55 PM Edited by Osric, 28 September 2017 - 06:56 PM.

If I weren't already working on Carcer City, I'd love to do a Liberty City/Alderney concept set in the 1990's and early 2000's inspired by The Sopranos and 90's pop culture in general. 

It would include an expanded Alderney complete with semi-rural areas and Atlantic Quays (based on Atlantic City and Seaside Heights) as well as The Carroways (based on Long Island) and rural Liberty State (based on Upstate New York).

Unlike Carcer City, which would have one protagonist and have a somber, melancholic, and Gothic feel to it, this LC concept would be over-the-top and more akin to GTA V or San Andreas. You may even have "myths" such as the Jersey Devil running around rural Alderney or the Headless Horseman lurking in the woods of Liberty State.

There would also be multiple protagonists as well.

I proposed a similar concept back in 2014 or 2015, and I intended it to be set from 2011 to the present day, and include satires of recent events like Occupy Wall Street, the 2008 Recession, the belief in a 2012 apocalypse, and other more current events. But I lost interest in the concept when I hit a snag and developed writer's block during that time.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Criminal-Fox
  • Criminal-Fox

"Stupid Like A Fox"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:29 PM Edited by Criminal-Fox, 06 October 2017 - 12:31 PM.

Coming soon...

fRDT6Mq.png

Can you guess what the white bar is? No, it's not for special ability. :p It's not for oxygene too.

R1mnmnf.png

C6C47GF.png

Hmmmmm, I'm stumped... Ammo Maybe? Throw us a Bone?

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Eh, the white bar is a nitrous bar. It appears only when the player's driving a vehicle with nitrous oxide installed. Speaking of my concept and stuff, here's the full HUD for it:

Spoiler

• ClaudX, Ivan1997GTA and CRAZY AL WARD like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
    Most Improved 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by The Deadite, 4 weeks ago.

Hello everyone, i doubt someone cares about this, but i've decided to cease any work on GTA Capital City, this means the concept i put so much work all these years is just yet another of the many concepts in the pile of unfinished projects that plague this section.

When i first started working on this concept, i had free time and will to get stuff done, but as time passed, both faded away. I realized this was a lost cause when i saw i been months without checking or giving a thought to it. I set myself a 2018 deadline... but it's not enough, could had waited months or just save it for another time, but it was ultimately just another waste of time.
Maybe i was too ambitious, maybe i bit more than i could chew... or maybe i was just lazy, doesn't matter now, been working in this since 2015 and progress has barely been made.

There's a lot of people that helped me in various degrees, but no one gave so much of his time as Mr. Fartenhate, he offered input, feedback, sincere criticisms, made sure the creative process wasn't an echo chamber and overall, gave a sh*t because he believed in my concept and i'm really thankful for that.

Thanks for reading and i wish you good luck in your future and present projects.
  • Osric, universetwisters, RedDagger and 5 others like this

2PacSerbia
  • 2PacSerbia

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 3 weeks ago

Might someone offer some critique on my concept thread (http://gtaforums.com...-vi-concept/)?

It's still a fledgling thread, but I'd like to see where I can improve.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

off topic > writers discussion > red triangle

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

hey, everybody. im not exactly familiar with this whole thing, or like, how to post something like this: but ive been working on this cottonmouth (contemporary atlanta) concept for a few months and i feel like im at the point where i can share. these are mostly just headers and logos, but any feedback or whatever would be appreciated:

Spoiler

this is mostly being used for size comparison when the thread will be formatted (which explains the text excerpts on the right that may or may not be used in the final product), but nonetheless you can probably gather some stuff from this generally, and more excerpts or whatever will likely be shared in the following months.

• (Ambient), Cebra and Ivan1997GTA like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users