Photo

The Concept Creators' Lounge

1,844 replies to this topic
unbid
  • unbid

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:51 PM Edited by Bondi Blu, 08 December 2016 - 02:53 PM.

I have no problems with DLC concepts, as long as it's well planned and not just containing some new cars and weapons. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'm okay with DLC concepts, but at least put some efforts in making it.

Example: this.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

See You in San Fierro

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

I have no problems with DLC concepts, as long as it's well planned and not just containing some new cars and weapons. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'm okay with DLC concepts, but at least put some efforts in making it.

Example: this.

I don't have a problem with DLC concepts itself. My problem with them is that they're put in the same category as regular concepts.
I appreciate the effort put into them, but it's nothing compared to a Regular concept. Try to write one and you'll understand what I'm saying. Online DLC concepts are usually set in GTA V's Los Santos, present time. Half of the effort people like me put into their concepts is for thinking a new setting up and then making a map and explaining why the map is like that (usually specifying the similarities between concept's map and its real-life counterpart). Also, Regular concepts have many new characters and a new story.

Sad fact is, IV DLC concepts were sometimes even a lot more detailed than regular concepts. I think I should refer to Online DLC concepts as Online concepts to avoid any insult to well-done IV DLCs of forum's older days.

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:57 PM Edited by Loosestring, 09 December 2016 - 07:02 PM.

I mean I have no problem with Online DLCs themselves as well but in general, they lack creativity and right-scaled load of content. This is mostly because Singleplayer mode comes with more content and focus: For example, in any Online game, story is much less of a priority compared to SP. And I'm more of a story guy before anything else. Also SP can offer anything Online can offer, maybe more: mini-games, side missions... maybe only category that Online can take the cake is the "multiplayer" concept itself. 

For GTA Online concepts, I'm almost right on the same side with Jezus Holy Christ but not that harsh I guess. I agree on his point that GTA Online DLCs generally lack creativity, and a lot of them are just about rehashing same stuff. However, there have been some of those that were pretty good and thought in detail. 

For the point about GTA IV DLCs above, yeah they were the best thing happened to this forum.

• Cebra, Jezus Holy Christ, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

See You in San Fierro

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Do people still check this topic?

I'm getting last bits of VCTS ready to post them after the polls' results roll in (if I win, of course).

Meanwhile, the story of Seventy Six is also developing in my mind. I've written some things down, too. The protagonist is now done, I can tell you. I've also picked a soundtrack for him (yes, it's not a woman, I mean a female protagonist would be cool but I can't write a good one tbh), written a background story for him (expect something about as dark as Niko), and I know that the story's gonna be very very dark.
The whole thing is a very vintage-styled concept, with the loneliest protagonist you've ever seen in a GTA game.

Spoiler
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

skramzkid
  • skramzkid

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:05 AM

My dream GTA would be set in the Midwest, with Detroit, Chicago and Milwaukee being the main cities with various suburbs and rural towns, nature in between them.
The game would open with a botched bank robbery of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago where you play a fully armored and masked protagonist who ends up sustaining serious injuries after the exciting mission/tutorial. After your crew escapes the police they take you to a black market clinic where you get to choose from preset male/female builds or make your own fully unique character. 

The player customization would allow you to choose your build, allowing you the freedom to make your character as fat, muscular or skinny as possible. You can choose what tattoos and scars they can have from the get go. You'll also be able to choose from at least to 25-30 unique voices for male and female with some voices having a foreign accent for example Eastern Euro, Asian, Hispanic, British. You can also choose how your character carries themselves in combat, you can give them a military shooting stance, gangster shooting stance etc. You can also customize their melee fighting style, such as pure street fighter,Krav Maga or Muay Thai.

You can choose your character's areas of criminal expertise: they can be a skilled getaway driver with a mazed out driving stat, ex military/law enforcement with maxed out shooting, MMA fighter/bouncer with maxed strength and melee. Or you can opt to be a white collar criminal with high negotiation skills which allow you to do insider trading and other white collar crimes. Hacking and stealth will be important skills as well.

After you finalize your character, your initial set of missions would be focused around your character skillset, with high driving stat characters getting street racing/getaway/highway hijacking missions, high shooting stats would be given more gun combat oriented missions like drug house/drug warehouse raids, gang wars, heists where you fight off heavily armed/armored SWAT and FBI. However every other mission type/side activity would be available from the beginning still but just not as much as your main skill missions.

You can choose to start your own criminal group, and customize your group down to the last detail. They can be a street gang, organized crime, black market mercenary group, street racing/hijack crew, corrupt company that deals in illegal and legal ventures, outlaw biker etc etc. You can customize up to 10-15 gang member slots, and choose their appearance, mafia, gangbanger, biker and choose their combat style, military or street. The 10-15 gang members will then spawn randomly around your controlled areas. You can also call them for backup whenever you want. Or you can choose to be a solo contract criminal with no loyalty to anyone or anything just to money like a classic GTA protagonist.

Or you can choose to join from the dozens of street gangs and organized crime groups throughout the Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee area. Chicago will be in the grips of Folk and People Nation gangs like the Vice Lords, Latin Kings, Four Corner Hustlers, Maniac Latin Disciples, Black Gangster Disciples. The Asian gang Menace of Destruction would be predominant in Milwaukee along with anti government/right wing militias. Organized Crime will include the remnants of the Chicago Outfit, the Irish North Side Gang, various Mexican Drug Cartels like the Los Zetas, the 14K Triad and other Triad groups, and the Bratva or other Eastern European mafiya.

Side activities would be mostly crime oriented with drug dealing, gang/turf wars, stash house raids, small time heists and import/export of stolen vehicles among them. you can also choose to engage in street racing, gun running, prostitution, human trafficking and blackmail of political/law officials. You can also purchase and run front business that will launder your money like cab company, car wash, fast food etc.

More in depth weapon customization would be cool. GTA V had the right idea with attachments but i want GTA 6 to go further and allow us to choose the material a gun is made out of if relevant, like a wooden AK or polymer AK, whether a gun has a railed handguard or not, carry handle or railed top etc. More optic choices would be great too, like Eotech holosight, ACOG, Red dot and infrared scopes for purchase instead of being mission exclusive.
Being able to choose the material of a guns magazine would be cool too, like P-Mag or standard STANAG. We should also have the option to use jungle style mags taped together
Also a variety of finishes unique to each gun would be great too. For example an AK would have an aged battleworn finish, while an M4 can use tan Magpul furniture. 
Rockstar should also record real guns if they haven't yet, so they can capture the unique sound a gun has. Also, they should make the gun sound much louder if fired in a really enclosed space or car, with the possibility of brief ear ringing.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

Merry Christmas to all my fellow creators :santa:

I always go into a new year with high hopes for this section but I genuinely think that 2017 has the potential to be a great one for concepts both new and old. I have one or two things in the works myself so hopefully they come to fruition and everybody really pulls the stops out and brings all of their great ideas to life too.

• Jezus Holy Christ and Ivan1997GTA like this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

See You in San Fierro

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

Merry Christmas, guys! :santa:

^ It'd be nice to see you starting a new concept, MOB.

I'm also working on Seventy Six but I won't post anything until I have enough content to leave people reading for some weeks. I think it's my greatest work so far. I hope there is lots of rivalry, creativity and innovation here so we enjoy 2017 at the section. :)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

The Golden Void speaks to me...

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

-snip-

Sounds like Saints Row 2, but without keeping things that generic.
  • Ivan1997GTA and skramzkid like this

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

Anyone know of a resource to find period-appropriate emergency vehicles for concepts that take place in the past? I can find plenty of them off Wikipedia, but I was wondering if anyonne knew of something more specific, like search-by-department specific.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

I was considering an idea. What about a concept for a GTA set in Japan? I feel like there's all sorts of interesting possibilities that could be done with this setting. I know R* considered the idea at one point, and with current technology I would like to see it implemented. Would anyone be interested in that?

• Osric and Holden Caulfield like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

The Golden Void speaks to me...

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:32 PM Edited by Phnx., 04 February 2017 - 03:30 PM.

For some time, I have an idea for a concept set in a state based on Washington (which consists: SeattleMercer Island, Bryn Mawr-Skyway, Renton, Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park and Squak Mountain). I already have some stuff I can use in it: the map (which is still WIP), media related things and a small peak on the story.

STORY
About the story, I've read some articles about how a GTA video game set in Seattle would look (123) and those articles made me think that the story should involve one of two protagonists (yes, I consider two protagonists) being related to some kind of smuggling ring. Though, one of them says about...

a low-ranking member of a smuggling ring. The story would see them rise through the ranks, fighting both rival gangs and corrupt officials trying to undermine your rise to becoming the local criminal kingpin

As far as I like that idea, I'd prefer something a bit different. Let me say: Protagonist #1 (no name yet, so I'll call him like that) is a member of a smuggling ring who is involved in an action that'll earn a huge profit, but it shows that the whole plan was a set up (I still need to consider whether the set up has been planned by the police, or an enemy gang). Only three members survive and everyone sees a traitor in each other.

Alright, that's a small peek for the first protagonist. The second one is a woman. You want to know what her story is about? Here ya go (copy-pasted from a controversial thread about a female protagonist):

How a about a female protagonist who is into illegal street racing, stealing cars and the likes? This idea doesn't require RPG-7's and other heavy weapons (so people who think that women can't use rocket launchers or miniguns won't take the idea "too unbelievable"), it's still related to crime and isn't sexist (I mean, it doesn't force a protagonist to do some whore's jobs).

inb4 "women can't drive a car" or "women only drive small-ass compacts"

I've been thinking about it before I wrote the post I quoted above. I find that idea a pretty good gateway to a female protagonist. She could also own a small business which would connect Protagonist #1 and Protagonist 2. Besides that, another thing that'd connect the protagonist is that they both need to survive (both have enemies who want to ruin their lives).

GANGS
And there's a problem that won't make people who want to see a realistic crime world happy. Again, I've done a research on gangs of Seattle and the other city I mentioned earlier and there's nothing interesting about it. So, if I'll keep that concept idea up, gangs will be mainly generic, but (very) few of them would be based on real-life ones.

WHY WASHINGTON STATE?
Because Pacific Northwest has never been done and it's never gotten any attention. I don't really remember any GTA video game mentioning Northwest.

Worthy?
  • Ivan1997GTA, ElJefe_, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

Holden Caulfield
  • Holden Caulfield

“Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:43 AM Edited by NotNikoBellicATALL, 17 February 2017 - 04:23 AM.

An idea just came to me. What about a game set within different sections of major states throughout the U.S., with a plot focusing on a protagonist on the run from a corrupt corporation? I still haven't fully thought out the idea, so Harry will be the protagonist's placeholder name.

Okay, so here's the plot - Harry was just a small time crook who grew up in poverty out in Liberty. After finally catching a break to make some real cash with the only career he's ever had the chance to pursue, a career in robbery and killing, Harry meets with a local gang (let's call them the "Guardsmen" for now) with some big plans that will forever change Liberty City's criminal underworld. After a job involving narcotics smuggling goes South, Harry needs to answer a few questions to the boss, who thinks he set the whole thing up as a trap. After several assassination attempts and an explosion destroying his new home in Middle Park East, he knows there's more to the whole fiasco than meets the eye.
 Doing some research, Harry learns a large super-corporation is in charge of the Guardsmen along with half the gangs in Liberty, and America for that matter. Not only that, but the government has made numerous deals with this corrupt business, and is turning a blind eye towards it's crimes, and picking on the weaker guys trying to feed themselves instead. Caught in the middle of a conspiracy, Harry must escape not only escape the Guardsmen, a powerful illuminati-esque business, and numerous blood thirsty hitmen, but nearly the entirety of America with no escape. Make connections, steal cars, rob banks and travel around Liberty, San Andreas, Florida and other states in "Grand Theft Auto: Oppression and Injustice For All".

What do you guys think, too cheesy?

• Osric, Ivan1997GTA, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'd love to see a Grand Theft Auto game set in the coalfields of Central Appalachia. I grew up in coal country (Southwest Virginia, to be precise) and I can verify that crime is rampant in the hills of Appalachia. Especially drug crime.

I might make a concept thread for such a game, not sure if I should set it in the Late 1990's/Early 2000's (the era I grew up in) or go for a more modern take on the setting, with mockeries of people like Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell, as well as the big coal companies that back such politicians.

The area would be a vast and mostly rural area, comprising the equivalents of West Virginia, far Southwestern Virginia, Eastern Kentucky, far Northeastern Tennessee, and the High Country of North Carolina (think Boone or Lenoir). 

Much like GTA: San Andreas, there would be three core cities within the rural wilderness and a lot of smaller towns in between. These are the three core cities with their real-life equivalents in parentheses)

New Jamestown (Charleston, West Virginia)

Birchland (Ashland, Kentucky and Huntington, West Virginia)

Trinity City (Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol, Tennessee plus Abingdon, Virginia)

Smaller, yet notable towns in the area would include....

Redfield (Bluefield, WV and Princeton, WV)

Hudson (Beckley, WV)

Sage (Wise, VA and Norton, VA)

Sterling (Pound, VA)

Eastwood (Clintwood, VA)

St. Peter (St. Paul, VA)

Beirut (Lebanon, VA)

Solomon (Grundy, VA)

Vergil (Dante, VA)

Spearsville (Pikeville, KY)

Silversburgh (Whitesburg, KY)

Hanlon (Harlan, KY)

Leroy (Jenkins, KY)

Crockett (Boone, NC and Blowing Rock, NC)

Possible future DLC locations could include the following core cities...

Claytonville (Knoxville, Tennessee)

Steelers Point (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

Star City (Roanoke, Virginia)

Not sure if I should have multiple protagonists or just one, though. I am going to develop the Appalachia concept alongside the Carcer City project.

The title of this project would be Grand Theft Auto VI: Blood on the Mountains

• Ivan1997GTA and Neon_Dreaming like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

That would be epic. It could definitely have a nice Urban vs. Rural Balance.
  • Osric likes this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Osric, 3 weeks ago.

That would be epic. It could definitely have a nice Urban vs. Rural Balance.

Definitely, I'm brainstorming ideas for protagonists, and would be using the three protagonist system from GTA V.

Here's an idea of what I got so far. These are vague concepts for now and I may add a fourth protagonist in a DLC to this concept.

The Mountaineer: A survivalist who either makes moonshine or grows weed out in the hills and hollers of the wilderness and supplies his contraband to local gangs and drug dealers. Loosely inspired by Popcorn Sutton. the legendary moonshiner of North Carolina's High Country.

Special Ability-Slow down time while shooting

Default Vehicle-Cheval Walton (1955 Chevrolet Advance Design)

Trailer Song: "Copperhead Road"-Steve Earle

Voiced by Unknown Hinson

The Drifter: A nomadic criminal who comes to Appalachia to evade the authorities in his home city. Most likely a gang member or biker. Loosely inspired by groups such as the Simon City Royals and the Irish Traveller gangs and clans in North Carolina

Special Ability-Slow down time while driving

Default Vehicle-Imponte Ruiner

Trailer Song: "On The Run"-Gangstagrass

Voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch

The Outcast: A female protagonist, a mistreated and mentally ill girl, most likely with Goth and Otaku trappings. Finally snaps after years of being tormented by her peers and runs away, turning to a life of crime to survive. Possible drug addict as well. Loosely inspired by Natasha Cornett.

Special Ability-Rage

Default Vehicle-Albany Roosevelt

Trailer Song: "Everyday is Halloween"-Ministry

Voiced by Laura Bailey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users