Photo

The Concept Creators' Lounge

1,877 replies to this topic
unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:51 PM Edited by Bondi Blu, 08 December 2016 - 02:53 PM.

I have no problems with DLC concepts, as long as it's well planned and not just containing some new cars and weapons. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'm okay with DLC concepts, but at least put some efforts in making it.

Example: this.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloi eloi lama sabachthani

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

I have no problems with DLC concepts, as long as it's well planned and not just containing some new cars and weapons. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'm okay with DLC concepts, but at least put some efforts in making it.

Example: this.

I don't have a problem with DLC concepts itself. My problem with them is that they're put in the same category as regular concepts.
I appreciate the effort put into them, but it's nothing compared to a Regular concept. Try to write one and you'll understand what I'm saying. Online DLC concepts are usually set in GTA V's Los Santos, present time. Half of the effort people like me put into their concepts is for thinking a new setting up and then making a map and explaining why the map is like that (usually specifying the similarities between concept's map and its real-life counterpart). Also, Regular concepts have many new characters and a new story.

Sad fact is, IV DLC concepts were sometimes even a lot more detailed than regular concepts. I think I should refer to Online DLC concepts as Online concepts to avoid any insult to well-done IV DLCs of forum's older days.

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:57 PM Edited by Loosestring, 09 December 2016 - 07:02 PM.

I mean I have no problem with Online DLCs themselves as well but in general, they lack creativity and right-scaled load of content. This is mostly because Singleplayer mode comes with more content and focus: For example, in any Online game, story is much less of a priority compared to SP. And I'm more of a story guy before anything else. Also SP can offer anything Online can offer, maybe more: mini-games, side missions... maybe only category that Online can take the cake is the "multiplayer" concept itself. 

For GTA Online concepts, I'm almost right on the same side with Jezus Holy Christ but not that harsh I guess. I agree on his point that GTA Online DLCs generally lack creativity, and a lot of them are just about rehashing same stuff. However, there have been some of those that were pretty good and thought in detail. 

For the point about GTA IV DLCs above, yeah they were the best thing happened to this forum.

• Cebra, Jezus Holy Christ, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Do people still check this topic?

I'm getting last bits of VCTS ready to post them after the polls' results roll in (if I win, of course).

Meanwhile, the story of Seventy Six is also developing in my mind. I've written some things down, too. The protagonist is now done, I can tell you. I've also picked a soundtrack for him (yes, it's not a woman, I mean a female protagonist would be cool but I can't write a good one tbh), written a background story for him (expect something about as dark as Niko), and I know that the story's gonna be very very dark.
The whole thing is a very vintage-styled concept, with the loneliest protagonist you've ever seen in a GTA game.

Spoiler
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

skramzkid
  • skramzkid

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:05 AM

My dream GTA would be set in the Midwest, with Detroit, Chicago and Milwaukee being the main cities with various suburbs and rural towns, nature in between them.
The game would open with a botched bank robbery of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago where you play a fully armored and masked protagonist who ends up sustaining serious injuries after the exciting mission/tutorial. After your crew escapes the police they take you to a black market clinic where you get to choose from preset male/female builds or make your own fully unique character. 

The player customization would allow you to choose your build, allowing you the freedom to make your character as fat, muscular or skinny as possible. You can choose what tattoos and scars they can have from the get go. You'll also be able to choose from at least to 25-30 unique voices for male and female with some voices having a foreign accent for example Eastern Euro, Asian, Hispanic, British. You can also choose how your character carries themselves in combat, you can give them a military shooting stance, gangster shooting stance etc. You can also customize their melee fighting style, such as pure street fighter,Krav Maga or Muay Thai.

You can choose your character's areas of criminal expertise: they can be a skilled getaway driver with a mazed out driving stat, ex military/law enforcement with maxed out shooting, MMA fighter/bouncer with maxed strength and melee. Or you can opt to be a white collar criminal with high negotiation skills which allow you to do insider trading and other white collar crimes. Hacking and stealth will be important skills as well.

After you finalize your character, your initial set of missions would be focused around your character skillset, with high driving stat characters getting street racing/getaway/highway hijacking missions, high shooting stats would be given more gun combat oriented missions like drug house/drug warehouse raids, gang wars, heists where you fight off heavily armed/armored SWAT and FBI. However every other mission type/side activity would be available from the beginning still but just not as much as your main skill missions.

You can choose to start your own criminal group, and customize your group down to the last detail. They can be a street gang, organized crime, black market mercenary group, street racing/hijack crew, corrupt company that deals in illegal and legal ventures, outlaw biker etc etc. You can customize up to 10-15 gang member slots, and choose their appearance, mafia, gangbanger, biker and choose their combat style, military or street. The 10-15 gang members will then spawn randomly around your controlled areas. You can also call them for backup whenever you want. Or you can choose to be a solo contract criminal with no loyalty to anyone or anything just to money like a classic GTA protagonist.

Or you can choose to join from the dozens of street gangs and organized crime groups throughout the Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee area. Chicago will be in the grips of Folk and People Nation gangs like the Vice Lords, Latin Kings, Four Corner Hustlers, Maniac Latin Disciples, Black Gangster Disciples. The Asian gang Menace of Destruction would be predominant in Milwaukee along with anti government/right wing militias. Organized Crime will include the remnants of the Chicago Outfit, the Irish North Side Gang, various Mexican Drug Cartels like the Los Zetas, the 14K Triad and other Triad groups, and the Bratva or other Eastern European mafiya.

Side activities would be mostly crime oriented with drug dealing, gang/turf wars, stash house raids, small time heists and import/export of stolen vehicles among them. you can also choose to engage in street racing, gun running, prostitution, human trafficking and blackmail of political/law officials. You can also purchase and run front business that will launder your money like cab company, car wash, fast food etc.

More in depth weapon customization would be cool. GTA V had the right idea with attachments but i want GTA 6 to go further and allow us to choose the material a gun is made out of if relevant, like a wooden AK or polymer AK, whether a gun has a railed handguard or not, carry handle or railed top etc. More optic choices would be great too, like Eotech holosight, ACOG, Red dot and infrared scopes for purchase instead of being mission exclusive.
Being able to choose the material of a guns magazine would be cool too, like P-Mag or standard STANAG. We should also have the option to use jungle style mags taped together
Also a variety of finishes unique to each gun would be great too. For example an AK would have an aged battleworn finish, while an M4 can use tan Magpul furniture. 
Rockstar should also record real guns if they haven't yet, so they can capture the unique sound a gun has. Also, they should make the gun sound much louder if fired in a really enclosed space or car, with the possibility of brief ear ringing.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

Merry Christmas to all my fellow creators :santa:

I always go into a new year with high hopes for this section but I genuinely think that 2017 has the potential to be a great one for concepts both new and old. I have one or two things in the works myself so hopefully they come to fruition and everybody really pulls the stops out and brings all of their great ideas to life too.

• Jezus Holy Christ and Ivan1997GTA like this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

Merry Christmas, guys! :santa:

^ It'd be nice to see you starting a new concept, MOB.

I'm also working on Seventy Six but I won't post anything until I have enough content to leave people reading for some weeks. I think it's my greatest work so far. I hope there is lots of rivalry, creativity and innovation here so we enjoy 2017 at the section. :)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

-snip-

Sounds like Saints Row 2, but without keeping things that generic.
  • Ivan1997GTA and skramzkid like this

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

Anyone know of a resource to find period-appropriate emergency vehicles for concepts that take place in the past? I can find plenty of them off Wikipedia, but I was wondering if anyonne knew of something more specific, like search-by-department specific.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

I was considering an idea. What about a concept for a GTA set in Japan? I feel like there's all sorts of interesting possibilities that could be done with this setting. I know R* considered the idea at one point, and with current technology I would like to see it implemented. Would anyone be interested in that?

• Osric and Holden Caulfield like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:32 PM Edited by Phnx., 04 February 2017 - 03:30 PM.

For some time, I have an idea for a concept set in a state based on Washington (which consists: SeattleMercer Island, Bryn Mawr-Skyway, Renton, Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park and Squak Mountain). I already have some stuff I can use in it: the map (which is still WIP), media related things and a small peak on the story.

STORY
About the story, I've read some articles about how a GTA video game set in Seattle would look (123) and those articles made me think that the story should involve one of two protagonists (yes, I consider two protagonists) being related to some kind of smuggling ring. Though, one of them says about...

a low-ranking member of a smuggling ring. The story would see them rise through the ranks, fighting both rival gangs and corrupt officials trying to undermine your rise to becoming the local criminal kingpin

As far as I like that idea, I'd prefer something a bit different. Let me say: Protagonist #1 (no name yet, so I'll call him like that) is a member of a smuggling ring who is involved in an action that'll earn a huge profit, but it shows that the whole plan was a set up (I still need to consider whether the set up has been planned by the police, or an enemy gang). Only three members survive and everyone sees a traitor in each other.

Alright, that's a small peek for the first protagonist. The second one is a woman. You want to know what her story is about? Here ya go (copy-pasted from a controversial thread about a female protagonist):

How a about a female protagonist who is into illegal street racing, stealing cars and the likes? This idea doesn't require RPG-7's and other heavy weapons (so people who think that women can't use rocket launchers or miniguns won't take the idea "too unbelievable"), it's still related to crime and isn't sexist (I mean, it doesn't force a protagonist to do some whore's jobs).

inb4 "women can't drive a car" or "women only drive small-ass compacts"

I've been thinking about it before I wrote the post I quoted above. I find that idea a pretty good gateway to a female protagonist. She could also own a small business which would connect Protagonist #1 and Protagonist 2. Besides that, another thing that'd connect the protagonist is that they both need to survive (both have enemies who want to ruin their lives).

GANGS
And there's a problem that won't make people who want to see a realistic crime world happy. Again, I've done a research on gangs of Seattle and the other city I mentioned earlier and there's nothing interesting about it. So, if I'll keep that concept idea up, gangs will be mainly generic, but (very) few of them would be based on real-life ones.

WHY WASHINGTON STATE?
Because Pacific Northwest has never been done and it's never gotten any attention. I don't really remember any GTA video game mentioning Northwest.

Worthy?
  • Ivan1997GTA, ElJefe_, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

Holden Caulfield
  • Holden Caulfield

“Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:43 AM Edited by NotNikoBellicATALL, 17 February 2017 - 04:23 AM.

An idea just came to me. What about a game set within different sections of major states throughout the U.S., with a plot focusing on a protagonist on the run from a corrupt corporation? I still haven't fully thought out the idea, so Harry will be the protagonist's placeholder name.

Okay, so here's the plot - Harry was just a small time crook who grew up in poverty out in Liberty. After finally catching a break to make some real cash with the only career he's ever had the chance to pursue, a career in robbery and killing, Harry meets with a local gang (let's call them the "Guardsmen" for now) with some big plans that will forever change Liberty City's criminal underworld. After a job involving narcotics smuggling goes South, Harry needs to answer a few questions to the boss, who thinks he set the whole thing up as a trap. After several assassination attempts and an explosion destroying his new home in Middle Park East, he knows there's more to the whole fiasco than meets the eye.
 Doing some research, Harry learns a large super-corporation is in charge of the Guardsmen along with half the gangs in Liberty, and America for that matter. Not only that, but the government has made numerous deals with this corrupt business, and is turning a blind eye towards it's crimes, and picking on the weaker guys trying to feed themselves instead. Caught in the middle of a conspiracy, Harry must escape not only escape the Guardsmen, a powerful illuminati-esque business, and numerous blood thirsty hitmen, but nearly the entirety of America with no escape. Make connections, steal cars, rob banks and travel around Liberty, San Andreas, Florida and other states in "Grand Theft Auto: Oppression and Injustice For All".

What do you guys think, too cheesy?

• Osric, Ivan1997GTA, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

I'd love to see a Grand Theft Auto game set in the coalfields of Central Appalachia. I grew up in coal country (Southwest Virginia, to be precise) and I can verify that crime is rampant in the hills of Appalachia. Especially drug crime.

I might make a concept thread for such a game, not sure if I should set it in the Late 1990's/Early 2000's (the era I grew up in) or go for a more modern take on the setting, with mockeries of people like Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell, as well as the big coal companies that back such politicians.

The area would be a vast and mostly rural area, comprising the equivalents of West Virginia, far Southwestern Virginia, Eastern Kentucky, far Northeastern Tennessee, and the High Country of North Carolina (think Boone or Lenoir). 

Much like GTA: San Andreas, there would be three core cities within the rural wilderness and a lot of smaller towns in between. These are the three core cities with their real-life equivalents in parentheses)

New Jamestown (Charleston, West Virginia)

Birchland (Ashland, Kentucky and Huntington, West Virginia)

Trinity City (Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol, Tennessee plus Abingdon, Virginia)

Smaller, yet notable towns in the area would include....

Redfield (Bluefield, WV and Princeton, WV)

Hudson (Beckley, WV)

Sage (Wise, VA and Norton, VA)

Sterling (Pound, VA)

Eastwood (Clintwood, VA)

St. Peter (St. Paul, VA)

Beirut (Lebanon, VA)

Solomon (Grundy, VA)

Vergil (Dante, VA)

Spearsville (Pikeville, KY)

Silversburgh (Whitesburg, KY)

Hanlon (Harlan, KY)

Leroy (Jenkins, KY)

Crockett (Boone, NC and Blowing Rock, NC)

Possible future DLC locations could include the following core cities...

Claytonville (Knoxville, Tennessee)

Steelers Point (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

Star City (Roanoke, Virginia)

Not sure if I should have multiple protagonists or just one, though. I am going to develop the Appalachia concept alongside the Carcer City project.

The title of this project would be Grand Theft Auto VI: Blood on the Mountains

• universetwisters, EarthGaia, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:32 AM

That would be epic. It could definitely have a nice Urban vs. Rural Balance.
  • Osric likes this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:11 PM Edited by Osric, 03 April 2017 - 11:14 PM.

That would be epic. It could definitely have a nice Urban vs. Rural Balance.

Definitely, I'm brainstorming ideas for protagonists, and would be using the three protagonist system from GTA V.

Here's an idea of what I got so far. These are vague concepts for now and I may add a fourth protagonist in a DLC to this concept.

The Mountaineer: A survivalist who either makes moonshine or grows weed out in the hills and hollers of the wilderness and supplies his contraband to local gangs and drug dealers. Loosely inspired by Popcorn Sutton. the legendary moonshiner of North Carolina's High Country.

Special Ability-Slow down time while shooting

Default Vehicle-Cheval Walton (1955 Chevrolet Advance Design)

Trailer Song: "Copperhead Road"-Steve Earle

Voiced by Unknown Hinson

The Drifter: A nomadic criminal who comes to Appalachia to evade the authorities in his home city. Most likely a gang member or biker. Loosely inspired by groups such as the Simon City Royals and the Irish Traveller gangs and clans in North Carolina

Special Ability-Slow down time while driving

Default Vehicle-Imponte Ruiner

Trailer Song: "On The Run"-Gangstagrass

Voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch

The Outcast: A female protagonist, a mistreated and mentally ill girl, most likely with Goth and Otaku trappings. Finally snaps after years of being tormented by her peers and runs away, turning to a life of crime to survive. Possible drug addict as well. Loosely inspired by Natasha Cornett.

Special Ability-Rage

Default Vehicle-Albany Roosevelt

Trailer Song: "Everyday is Halloween"-Ministry

Voiced by Laura Bailey

• universetwisters, EarthGaia and Ivan1997GTA like this

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

YAOI RULES!

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:47 PM Edited by EarthGaia, 06 May 2017 - 12:33 AM.

GTA Prestige City plot (sorry if it has some misspelling):

The plot begins in 1996 in a dark alley at midnight in Dublin, Ireland. The brothers Nicholson: Dean, Marty, Morris, Andrew and Tamara, members of the Nicholson Family, a criminal gang recognized in the Irish capital, along with several members were summoned to a meeting, planning to expand the organization to the other side of the Atlantic. Dean, the leader of the band plans to dominate Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas and among other cities. During the chat, an unknown member who turns out to be of the Jewish mafia initiates an ambush, Tamara instantly warns about the threat and the brothers start firing. Unfortunately, Morris Nicholson dies shot and Tamara fails to protect him, Dean is angry with her for not to prevent it being fired, in the end the members leave the place and in the alley, there are only the remains of Irish and Jewish thugs.

20 years later, Tamara is alone in Dublin in a house of ill-appearance, she wakes up with an unexpected call, the girl answers and it turns out that it is Andrew, requesting her help, she must go to Prestige City (Boston parody) behind the backs of Dean. Andrew deposits money in Tamara's account to buy the tickets to the city, she immediately packs and goes directly to the airport.

Hours later of the flight, Tamara takes a taxi that will leave it in the residence of the Nicholson, Andrew receives gratefully, but letting her sleep in the basement. Her first missions will be basic like stealing a truck to the Jews, hanging out with his brothers Andrew and Marty, learning combat styles, and aiming. From there the world will be opened to her, allowing her to explore other sectors of Prestige City.

After she encounters Dean in the kitchen, seeing her back was not very pleasant, threatening to leave the house and go to live on a bridge, but Andrew intervenes suggesting that she can be loyal doing a "little job” for his brother, then Dean asks Tamara to steal cars from some gangs and turn them over to an exporter at the docks. Days later, many of the missions to come will be with a specific goal: that the Nicholson Family consolidates in Prestige City, many of the missions are basically ruining the business to enemy bands and being able to ally with other bands to increase their power.

One day during a raid, she meets a guy named Shaun Maundy, an errand boy associated with the "Loonies." Tamara and he finishes the mission to defeat the gangsters and unlock the story of this very particular protagonist. Shaun is a cold, calculating person and has a negative look at the popular, as previously said, works as a bully in the criminal gang "Loonies", an organization of criminal geeks with psychological problems, headed by the most famous nerd of Prestige City: Dan Gliteid. Many of the favors he sends to Shaun have strange, bohemian, and twisted motives, such as appropriating a factory to replicate scenes from a TV show, recruiting members to have lesbian sex and gay sex in cartoon costumes, owning a pizza place, kill an actor, etc…

Later a meeting was made between the Irish and the geeks to unite ties, being thus a success, Nicholson’s manage to become allies of several bands, arriving to make a celebration in an abandoned factory, where suddenly Tamara and Shaun knows a member of the Spanish Lords named Alejandro "Alex" Sorano who aspires to become leader of the band, from here he unlocks this character for his gameplay.

Alejandro is a gangster of the Spanish Lords, who aspires to be a leader, but Manuel Levilla (current leader) has always said he must learn more about leadership. Alex is very egocentric, hardheaded, and very attached to the family, his missions are dealing with conflicts with other bands and maintaining the territory.

While Shaun in a square receives a mysterious call, saying that it must meet in the center of the city, when arriving at the place Shaun enters the building and goes directly to the penthouse, inside of it is an investor called Forbes Vincent IV, he counts Shaun a plan to lower real estate prices in the city, but it will involve the band in which he is working, it is about doing a terrorist act that will benefit Forbes' income. First, Shaun calls Dan about the plan and in the end, he approves it, but he must see Zero to get materials, some materials will have to steal them and others to buy them. When he already has the materials, he goes directly to the asylum to give them to a Loonie member to start making the explosive posters that will be placed in several points of the city, after the posters have been made, there will be three teams of four that will place the ads in Prestige City, after each team puts the explosives connected to the electricity will explode and will cause a local blackout, infrastructures in poor condition and people in panic.

The police cannot control the crowd, the clutter, and the public disorder. The gangs are revolutionizing and wars between them, Tamara and Alex must deal with these problems: the Spanish Lords face the Salvadorans, and the Haitians, while the Irish must fight Messina's, Jews, and the Hanoi Sultans. While the Loonies suffer a serious problem, the FIB has evidence that they committed that terrorist act, the evidence is in a van at the docks, but the port is monitored by agents, Shaun and his companions break through and steal the evidence to burn them, but it did not do them much good since leader Dan Glitled was arrested, most likely a member of the Loonies was an undercover FIB agent. After Shaun searches for the undercover agent by driving to the FIB premises, the hipster kills him, but the wanted level increases to 4 stars, but in the end, he gets rid of police pressure.

A few days later, Shaun goes to the Forbes Vincent IV building to ask for help to find out if he can release Dan, but first he will have to do some "little jobs" for him. Many of these jobs will have to do with bankrupt real estate companies, kill fraudulent politicians and generate conflict with other gangs, his last job involves investigating the jail in which Dan is guarded, must review from outside but cannot by inside since you will need the plans. Shaun decides to go to the town planning office to take a photograph without being seen. After you have gotten the photo, the team starts planning to release Dan.

Later, with all collected and planned, Shaun along with several members of the Loonies burst into the police station, getting rid of the officers until they reached the cells, releasing Dan, and escaping through the sewers, more police arrive, but the group Eliminates them and they hide in an abandoned factory for a couple of days.

The things for Alex were going to get ugly, when arriving at Prestige East Side there was nobody in the neighborhood, it began to frighten to him what happened, to the check in his house it is with a frightened member, answering that the Vietnamese kidnapped to several members of the Spanish Lords and their families. Alex calls Shaun for help, the host asks him to meet with the leader of the Triads: Zhi Shung. He tells Alex that the Vietnamese have several slaves inside a freighter.

Again, a meeting between Alex, Shaun, Tamara, the Loonies, and the Irish is summoned to rescue several gangsters of the Spanish Lords and their families, concluding in carrying the prisoners in boats and then to sink the ship with bombs, suddenly appears Forbes And Zhi to tell about certain positive aspects that would be generated by sinking that boat. During the mission, Tamara fires from a helicopter to eliminate Vietnamese on the ship, then Alex and Shaun go in boat and climb the boat from the stern, they make their way, then Alex oversees releasing the prisoners from the containers, while Shaun oversees placing the bombs in the boiler room, but encounters the leader of the Vietnamese and they have a sword duel. Shaun manages to defeat the leader, they all leave the boat and Shaun activates the bombs and the ship sinks completely.

While Tamara does jobs related to weakening the Jews, things went well until by a simple error the Jews flee and Dean blames Tamara, they fight, but Andrew and Marty separate them. A few days later Marty was worried about his brother, Dean will meet the Jews for an unknown reason, but it is likely to be a trap, Tamara dares to investigate just in case, then calls Shaun to cover his back, they will Meet at the pier and take a boat to the island. Tamara, Shaun, and other members are put in position before any threat, Tamara hears the conversation being completely traumatized, it turns out that since that meeting in 1996, Dean was being extorted by the Jewish mafia behind the backs of his brothers, Tamara decides to attack The Jews for what they did to him, Shaun joins the fight, then a Jew hid in a trash can shoot Dean, but Tamara kills him and the Mafia leader escapes. Dean was dying under the storm, Tamara hugs him, but he dies. She and the boys leave the city taking Dean's body, buried in the graveyard, Tamara makes a promise to be a good leader.

Alex, Tamara, and Shaun have been called to a meeting in a temple in Chinatown. Zhi Shung tells the boys that for all that has happened to them: The Loonies, Spanish Lords and Nicholson's have weakened, the Messina and the Jews are taking over the city, but the good news is that there have been emerging criminal gangs. They will have to ally with them and weaken the two great mafias. Shaun creates his own band: the Shinebrook Moderns and allies with Loonies, Yakuzas and Uptown Riders. Tamara manages to collaborate with the Bullet Syndicate and Yardies. And the Spanish Lords are united with the Valdez Cartel and the Cape Verdean Mob.

Shaun's alliance aims to weaken various bands such as the Angels of Death, the Hare Krishna, and the Messina. While the Tamara group must weaken the Vietnamese, the Jews, and the Messina. And Alex will face the Haitians and Marabunta Grande East.

The three greatest powers (Jews, Messina’s, and Marabunta Grande East) threaten to start a definitive war against all bands. After each protagonist weakens the businesses and territories of the major bands, each one by his side must eliminate the leaders. Shaun takes care of the Messina's that are in a construction in the center of the city, he must exterminate each member and soon to detonate the zone of construction. Alejandro oversees destroying the merchandise of the Marabunta Grande and to eliminate the leader of that band. And as for Tamara along with her brothers will take revenge for their deceased leader and brother. They make their way into the lab by eliminating every Jewish gangster, but on finding Ivri Elfenbein (leader of the Jewish mafia), he escapes and explodes the electricity generators, causing the place to catch fire, the brothers escape, and one Pursuit by boat to Atlantic Bluffs. Tamara and her brothers arrive at the place and go up to the lookout where another ambush awaits, Ivri waits for a helicopter, the brothers again make their way, but the leader takes the helicopter to escape the city, but Tamara picks up a rocket launcher and shoots the helicopter causing it to explode and fall to the sea. Hours later, Tamara and her brothers escape the place and go home, then appear Shaun and Alex thanking the help and making a great friendship between them.

• Osric, Ivan1997GTA, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:02 AM

Here's my Grand Theft Auto 64 idea that I've had on the backburner, and something I'd really love to showcase here. The game is called "64" because it's my

speculation of what might have happened had Rockstar and DMA Design gone through with their plans to make a Grand Theft Auto game for the Nintendo 64
system. I personally think that the game would have turned out to be more like GTA 2 than the original GTA, as an N64 port of GTA 1 was planned during the
early stages of development (which got shuttered when the N64's release got postponed, from what I remember reading). It's also like how GTA Advance was
originally going to be a port of GTA III for the Game Boy Advance, but over time Advance would be its own game. This concept is basically a "what-if" imagining
and therefore, not a concept for a future GTA in any way. 

So, here goes:

GTA 64 is essentially an N64-exclusive "mission pack" for Grand Theft Auto II, which ironically enough was never released for the N64.
Setting: Chicago, Illinois, 1957. I figured that it'd be better off for real-life locations to stay in the 2D universe and set a long time ago like the two London games
were, as Rockstar would have much more controversy* on their hands if they chose real-life locations as settings for the 3D and especially HD games as opposed
to fictional parodies of major cities. Also, I chose the 1950s and Chicago as a setting to reflect on the Cold War paranoia and shady atmosphere of the time-period,
in addition to the post-glory days Chicago Mob competing with rival factions. This also means that GTA 64 would take the crown away from London 1961 as the
earliest set game in the series.
*- And by "controversy," I mean "uproar by sensationalistic media."
Protagonist: Dwayne Sullivan. He is African-American (and still not the first African-American protagonist in the series, as Divine and Troy of GTA 1 infamy were
first), and from Green Bay, Wisconsin. AKA the Green Bay Maniac, he bears many similarities to Ed Gein, a notorious criminal in the 1950s who inspired
Norman Bates of the famed film Psycho. He's on the same level as GTA 2's Claude Speed, as both are extremely rude and sociopathic characters with no
conscience of their actions, and will work for anyone who will give him the needed money or resources and will be ready to manipulate, betray or attack anyone
who is between him and his goals. As opposed to everyone in GTA 2 being left-handed (if you look close when playing GTA 2), everyone in 64 is right-handed
(including Dwayne).
Gangs: The Chicago Mob, of course, who are like the Zaibatsu in GTA 2. Their presence is in both the Downtown Chicago and Suburbia sectors, and they dominate
all fields of organized crime, leaving their competitors scrap to do dirty deeds done not so cheap. There's the Maple Leafs, a Canadian outfit of thugs who are
bringing in drugs into the country via the French Connection and shipping ill-gotten exports back up north of the border. The third gang in Downtown is the Royals,
based off the real-life gang who are a greaser gang and their behaviour and status is comparable to the Loonies in GTA 2. For the Suburbia sector, the Mob has
to contend with the Blackhawks, a tribe of extremely displeased Native Americans who blame the American society for all their problems and then there's the
Gaylords, a loosely organized and bigoted street gang that only serves to cause trouble.
Missions: Including the tutorial mission and the two district Final Jobs, there are 57 missions in GTA 64. First, the player can complete the "Introduction" tutorial
mission in the first district offered by Dwayne's un-named friend and check out the three gangs of the district before heading on to the missions. Completing
jobs for the Chicago Mob results in loss of respect from the Royals, completing Royals jobs puts the player on the wrong side of the Maple Leafs, and completing
Maple Leafs jobs will anger the Mob. For the Suburbia District, completing Mob missions will anger the Gaylords, pleasing the Gaylords will anger the Blackhawks,
and aiding the Blackhawks will cheese off the Mob. The higher the player's respect is with a gang, the more missions the player will be offered. Completing every
mission results in the bonus multiplier being raised by 1 along with a respect digit increase for the gang the player is working with (with a respect digit decrease for
the rival gang) on the Respect-o-Meter. Also, like in GTA 2, there are Kill Frenzies for the player to complete (which results in an extra life bonus) and GTA 64 tokens
to collect (which will unlock bonus arenas outside of the main gameplay). Similar to Wang Cars in GTA 2, collecting all L-69 cars in Suburbia results in the Harry's Autos
Bonus.
Wanted Level System: The player can attain up to a six cophead wanted level in both districts. At one-three copheads, normal police units and officers chase and attempt to
arrest/waste the player. At four copheads, SWAT teams attempt to apprehend the player, and Special Agents only shoot to kill at five copheads. The Army chases
the player at six copheads. In the Downtown district, however, the player must raise their score to a certain amount to unlock the five and six cophead maximum wanted
level.

If the thing was too long, my sincere apologies. Basically, my idea is a Nintendo 64-exclusive GTA serving as a "what-if" concept where the gameplay is like GTA 2.
That's what I've got so far, and I'd really love to hear all thoughts and criticism.  :)
  • Osric, Ivan1997GTA and LincolnClay like this

Osric
  • Osric

White Trash Weeb

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:29 PM Edited by Osric, 05 July 2017 - 10:32 PM.

So, I have decided to resume work on my Carcer City concept, with a major overhaul.

Carcer City is still based on Chicago in this concept, but instead of modern-day "Chiraq" era Chicago, it's a period piece/epic work that spans three decades in three acts. Act I is set in 1980, Act II is set in 1996, and Act III is set in 2001.

I was inspired by a PBS documentary on the gangs of Uptown Chicago in the late 1970's and early 1980's, along with the rampant poverty and working-class struggle at the time. Here's a video with excerpts from the documentary.

Other inspirations include the 1979 film "The Warriors" and the "Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City 1978" concept thread by Tyla.

• Ivan1997GTA and DimitriFaustin like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

DONT YOU WANT A 🅱ALLOON???

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:32 PM Edited by The Deadite, 18 July 2017 - 03:33 PM.

Hey guys, i haven't posted here in years, however i never stopped working on my concept, i just want to let you know i'm still on it (with a huge help of a friend on the writing department)

A sneak peek of my three characters if someone remembers them:

Luther, the crooked cop:

iLuUWlV.png

gta_capital_city_screen_1_by_maniac_dead

Katja, the assasin:

MspiaOQ.png

gta_capital_city_screen_2_by_maniac_dead

Chuck, the bandit:

SHzS2Nc.png

gta_capital_city_screen_3_by_maniac_dead

Do not worry that is not all graphics, there's plenty of story and dialogue as well.

EDIT: Updated screenshots.
  • B Dawg, Money Over Bullshit, killdrivetheftvehicle and 12 others like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

These HUDs look like a mix of the ones from 3D & HD era games, but the thing that bugs me the most is the 3D era-like clock in the upper-right corner. It looks like ability to use a mobile phone is limited to receiving calls, isn't it? Though, I like how every character has its own style of HUD. Let me guess, Chuck's storyline is centered around Ward County, right?

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

• The Yardies
  • None
    Most Improved 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

..It looks like ability to use a mobile phone is limited to receiving calls, isn't it?...

Nah, i remember i tried to make it more similar to the 3D era HUD but backpedaled halfway through it, i can still fix it though.

...Let me guess, Chuck's storyline is centered around Ward County, right?

Chuck starts in Galeria before branching out to the rest of the city, i'll give more info in the next months.
  • DimitriFaustin likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

@TheDeadite

Hell, yeah I remember your concept! and not just because we just talked about it And I'm glad to see how far you've come with it. The graphics look great. The only thing bugging me is the fact Luther's weapons are fully colored, while the other two protagonists have a single color for their weapons. It feels out of place. Maybe settle on a single tone for Luther's? Other than that, fantastic. I love how they each have their own boost, and the return of Bullshark Testosterone! Chuck's the Alpha Male, man!

I visited D.C. for about a week last month, so I now have first hand experience with the city. That makes me more excited for your concept. I'll keep an eye out. ;)

General note- I'll be floating around here for a bit, so I'll do my best to poke my head into different concepts and give feedback wherever its wanted. I'm excited to see what's been happening here.

• Osric, (Ambient), Cebra and 2 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

• The Yardies
  • None
    Most Improved 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:32 PM Edited by The Deadite, 25 July 2017 - 03:20 PM.

More fake screens, this time showing the characters stats and some minor details about them:

gta_capital_city_stats_1_by_maniac_deadi

gta_capital_city_stats_2_by_maniac_deadi

gta_capital_city_stats_3_by_maniac_deadi

Stay tuned for more details in the next months.
  • gtamann123, Money Over Bullshit, Osric and 11 others like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:37 AM Edited by (Ambient), 25 July 2017 - 11:56 AM.

It's great to see that your concept is making step in a good direction. I wonder how much time took you to make all of them.

Looking through data about crime in Seattle/Washington area and crime news, I think about using the following stuff to use in my concept:
  • A portion of the Alaskan Way Viaduct shut down due to arson - it means that this part of my Luther County map (specifically, the viaduct) would be destroyed and closed for traffic for a while, which would force to player to use other roads to get around the map.
  • Colton Harris-Moore aka "Barefoot Bandit" -  using him as a base for either a full-time character (but maybe a bit older and stuff), or a target for Assassination side mission (nearly identical to the Fixer's assassinations, however the player gets info about target(s) via the Dark Net, rather than a payphone).
  • Richard Lee Gathercole aka "AK-47 Bandit" being responsible for robbing the North Bend bank (1, 2) - his actions could an inspiration for one of the story missions (a small heist. Though, heists in my concept take smaller role than they did in GTA V). However, instead of adding a parody of North Bend to my map (it's too far from Seattle, Renton and Mercer Island in real life), the heist could be set in Blanche Island (which is my Mercer Island counterpart).
  • Man charged in wifes shooting during Seattle Uber ride - this could be used as one of scenarios for [insert Uber parody here] Driver side mission (should I introduce a spoof of Uber in my concept? More info on my potential idea below)
Okay, that's what I've found interesting so far. Any opinions on the stuff above? Now, it's time for side missions I want to introduce. Are they worthy?
  • Kidnapping - basically what I wrote here. It's a very common crime here, as many gangsters in King County area kidnap people.
  • [again, insert Uber parody here] Driver - the player can use pretty much any car (it's suggested to use a 4-door one) to drive to a destination chosen by the client(s). While in car, the player needs to use the app in order to trigger this side mission. This idea could be used as a replacement for Private Taxi Fare from GTA V, while regular Taxi Driver side mission with generic peds as clients could still exist.
I apologize for a bit archaic writing. I hope you get what I'm thinking about. More stuff later.
  • Osric, Cebra, ClaudX and 3 others like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

@Deadite, they look cool, looking forward to seeing more.
  • Osric, The Deadite and DimitriFaustin like this

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:27 AM Edited by Cebra, 28 July 2017 - 10:50 PM.

-snip-

Deadite, you inspired the sh*t out of me. I created some promo stuff for my concept protags as well, it's kinda fun.

Spoiler

• Money Over Bullshit, (Ambient), ClaudX and 4 others like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

@ Cebra: That looks really awesome with a lot of potential!  :colgate:  I can see some similarities to Mafia II and III in there as well as previous GTAs.

By the way, I love your Bohemians and Blackjack concept - keep up the great work!  :^:

• Osric, Cebra and Ivan1997GTA like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

You both did the job well. Maybe I should do same thing for my protagonists some day?  :beerhat:

Speaking of story/characters related things, I've been thinking about my previous ideas for the storyline for my concept, and my thought is that I'll likely connect two ideas I've published on this forum back then.

• The first idea was to have two protagonists: a father of a policeman (who was killed by two members of some street gang) who's looking for revenge on those who murdered his son (I'll call him now "The Father"), and a woman (aka "The Driver") who runs the family business after her parents died by day, but is a street racer and car jacker overnight .
  • In the second story concept, a female protagonist is pretty much the same. However, the second protagonist is an ex-member of a small smuggling ring (he'll be later mentioned as "The Smuggler") which one of the smuggling operations was unsuccesful (as it was the set-up). He lost his buddies, so he also lost a good way of getting not that small amount of money. Now, his main target is to rebuild the smuggling ring was a member of. Why? Because of money.

As you can read, both ideas share the same female protagonist, but ideas for a male are different. In total, I've got 3 protagonists, but... what if the female character was changed a little? "The Driver" can stay with her mom-and-pop business, but lemme make it taking a smaller part in the story it was meant to have. Instead, her car-related activites would be related to some illegal organization who's centered around street racing, car jacking, selling stolen cars on the Dark Net, and stuff. I'd like to call that organization an "illegal street racing syndicate", but y'know, they're not only about racing on the streets. ;) She'd be a small rank member of this crew, and her theme would to be get respect from other members of the gang.

In result, each protagonist represents some kind of theme: revenge ("The Father"), money ("The Smuggler"), and respect ("The Driver").

Now, what would connect these people? Common enemies. It means that besides of each protagonist's motivations (revenge, money, respect), they also have the second one that they share together - to survive.

The last thing you can be interested in: Why I've chosen such themes for such characters? Okay, let's move on:

• "The Father" - well, revenge is a common reason why people commit crime. Also, I decided to go with this protagonist's son being a policeman after watching "Urban Justice" (a 2007 movie), which is also a big inspiration for the Father's story arc. Despite being set in California, I think this can work with Washington (state, not DC) as well.  :p
  • "The Smuggler" - as written earlier in this thread, the idea of having protagonist and story related to smuggling is inspired by some I've read about how a GTA video game set in Seattle would look. Article #1, article #2, article #3.
  • "The Driver" - this one gets inspirations from (sadly) dropped Testarossa's "GTA Acadia" concept (especially the idea of having a car related gang) and these two posts from one of many closed threads about a potential female protagonist:

OT: I want a female protagonist. In that way, we could be able to see more original female characters. I'm bored of seeing pretty much every single female character based on the "women are only related to love and sex" stereotype. It's just f*cking boring.

(Specifically, the embolden part of the quote above. I'd go with a whore as a female protagonist, but...this idea doesn't sound very entertaining. It'd be believable though as many women in crime world is related to prostitution and other sexual stuff)

How a about a female protagonist who is into illegal street racing, stealing cars and the likes? This idea doesn't require RPG-7's and other heavy weapons (so people who think that women can't use rocket launchers or miniguns won't take the idea "too unbelievable"), it's still related to crime and isn't sexist (I mean, it doesn't force a protagonist to do some whore's jobs).

Also believable. Women can drive cars and some of them are pretty good drivers, after all.  :)

That's all, so far.

~A.

• Osric, Cebra, ClaudX and 2 others like this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

I'm so happy to announce Seventy Six is 76% ready to be posted.

I hope you'll like it.

• Osric, (Ambient), Cebra and 3 others like this

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:06 AM

I'm so happy to announce Seventy Six is 76% ready to be posted.
I hope you'll like it.

Wasn't expecting to see you back! Glad to hear it.

If you want any final input or anything, feel free to PM me again.  :^:

• Jezus Holy Christ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users