Photo

The Concept Creators' Lounge

1,819 replies to this topic
Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloieloilamasabachthani

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:04 PM Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 07 August 2016 - 06:08 PM.

In the last 6 days, two new concepts were started and lots of talk gone on in the GTA Series Chat, so why is this topic so silent? :dontgetit:

The new concepts seem to get a lot of attention at first, but since the Concepts subforum was merged with GTA Series they don't get as much feedback.

People are reading them, but I think this topic is mainly to discuss new ideas from the people creating concepts. I thought it was a good idea back then but I think a dedicated Concept subforum offered a bigger platform for feedback.
Yea when I came back after half a year and saw we've got back to the point we was at 2 years ago, got really disappointed.
Also I've noticed that concepts (at least mine) don't really get views.
600 in a week, is the lowest number I've ever seen.
Maybe that's because we're in the "posthumous concept era". :lol: (i meant no offense)
Lol no, I agree. I never really visited before I started my first concept last year, but it was right after the merge. I've got 2,500 views so I know that some people are reading, but reading old topics that have 50,000± I see that there aren't as many people reading them today. It's still fun though :p
Some new (post-GTA-V) concepts made it to 20k, 25k and more. But now everybody is busy with GTA Next section's wishful thinking talk.

Facts: 15 members are online. None of them is viewing my concept.

And congrats, we just hit page 61 😂

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I have a rough idea for a concept in my head and hopefully at some stage I will post it here, I tend to procrastinate though so it probably won't be soon, I can give a little bit of info on what I'm thinking though.

It will be set in Las Venturas present day, going for three protagonists, have pretty solid ideas for them, story and gameplay wise very grounded for a Gta game. Once I've made some real progress I will update with actual details.

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloieloilamasabachthani

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 3 weeks ago.

I'm trying to tell you the whole story in VCTS, my current concept, but

Meanwhile...

Say hello to sixth main entry to the franchise, Grand Theft Auto Seventy Six. Set in San Fierro, which year?

Spoiler

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm at that awkward point I've gotten to before when it comes to posting a full concept.  I've got a story, characters, vehicles, weapons and a selection of songs for the gameplay soundtrack good to go, but I haven't got any of the perfunctory bullsh*t, headers, titles, full on soundtracks, a list of fancy features or even a finish map much past the general layout, one with the rail systems, one with districts marked out and one with buildings shown.  I'm too proud to ask for help on these and quite frankly couldn't care for flashy graphics, so if anyone see's me post my presently untitled "1988 Phil Bell Carcer City" concept in the coming days, expect walls of text and a nonchalant attitude to presentation and aesthetics.

• Money Over Bullshit likes this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloieloilamasabachthani

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm at that awkward point I've gotten to before when it comes to posting a full concept.  I've got a story, characters, vehicles, weapons and a selection of songs for the gameplay soundtrack good to go, but I haven't got any of the perfunctory bullsh*t, headers, titles, full on soundtracks, a list of fancy features or even a finish map much past the general layout, one with the rail systems, one with districts marked out and one with buildings shown.  I'm too proud to ask for help on these and quite frankly couldn't care for flashy graphics, so if anyone see's me post my presently untitled "1988 Phil Bell Carcer City" concept in the coming days, expect walls of text and a nonchalant attitude to presentation and aesthetics.

Well, about headers and the fancy Gfx work (radio logos, concept's logo, etc.) or the layout of your topic, I can help.
  • Claude4Catalina likes this

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm unsure on what to do now, I want to get a few dlc ideas out for V, but I'm like completely done with my Detroit, never really got any interest because the way I done it a presented it needed more work, so I'm not sure, but sometime soon more will come

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, about headers and the fancy Gfx work (radio logos, concept's logo, etc.) or the layout of your topic, I can help.

Soon as I've settled on a name, I'll take you up on that offer if you don't mind bud?

And ChoosyCircle; I wouldn't worry about getting replies on a concept, a lot of people will read them and just not comment because they feel a simple "good work mate" is too basic, like you see people snowballing ideas on how to improve other people's concepts, nitpicking and generally shaping it for themselves rather than what the creator is trying to do, and when you concept relies on views and replies, you feel almost pressured to appease those who do comment.  So do it for yourself, you think you've got a great idea then post it.  And if you're posting consecutive fully fleshed out missions, use a separate post for each mission, the whole "no double posting" rule is kind of overlooked here as long as each post is full of mission details and dialogue.  f*ck, if I could I would insist on a topic that only I could post in and do like 50+ posts of just missions and let people read through them and open up for comments once the entire thing is posted.  With that said, every time you add a new vehicle or radio station, you don't need to mention it in future posts unless its a massive overhaul.

• Tyla, Money Over Bullshit, PhilosophicalZebra and 1 other like this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 2 weeks ago

So do it for yourself, you think you've got a great idea then post it.

Best advice you can get. If you go just for replies and views, you're doomed to be disappointed.

I've been looking forward to seeing more of Phil Bell for ages, can't wait to see the final product man!

• Money Over Bullshit likes this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloieloilamasabachthani

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 2 weeks ago.

Good to see some people back here posting.

I think I should do more research regarding my next concept, SeventySix.

The story outline I have right now, is a twist of mafia-inspired secret societies, the infamous Zodiac case and Chinatown wars in 70's.

The only thing I'm sure about right now, is that the story starts at February, which is a nod to the only snowy period of San Francisco in known history :p And it's not a rags-to-riches story. It's more about keeping the riches.

My biggest problem is the music. I have literally no knowledge about what people listened to, in those days. I'm looking for help but this section has become so empty that no one's willing.

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 2 weeks ago

Soon as I've settled on a name, I'll take you up on that offer if you don't mind bud?

And ChoosyCircle; I wouldn't worry about getting replies on a concept, a lot of people will read them and just not comment because they feel a simple "good work mate" is too basic, like you see people snowballing ideas on how to improve other people's concepts, nitpicking and generally shaping it for themselves rather than what the creator is trying to do, and when you concept relies on views and replies, you feel almost pressured to appease those who do comment.  So do it for yourself, you think you've got a great idea then post it.  And if you're posting consecutive fully fleshed out missions, use a separate post for each mission, the whole "no double posting" rule is kind of overlooked here as long as each post is full of mission details and dialogue.  f*ck, if I could I would insist on a topic that only I could post in and do like 50+ posts of just missions and let people read through them and open up for comments once the entire thing is posted.  With that said, every time you add a new vehicle or radio station, you don't need to mention it in future posts unless its a massive overhaul.

Good point thanks, will take that on board, I'm just getting a bit more set on my new one, trying to think. I will remember that for my next concept

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've been looking forward to seeing more of Phil Bell for ages, can't wait to see the final product man!

Its coming along well, well the parts I care about anyway haha.  I imagine I'm gonna receive a bit of backlash for characterisation of already established characters, with it being Carcer in 88 I've got the obligatory Michael Townley appearance, with Lester thrown in for good measure.  Phil actually puts Lester in the hospital for reasons that will be explained, that alongside Lester's wasting disease, it makes Lester the social outcast we see him as in GTA V.  Michael is a scumbag and Phil isn't actually much better, considering both of them are a few years past their Wanderers' years, they're still up and comers rather than established criminals, however Phil has the advantage of being a high level associate of the Pegorino's, seen as one rung higher on the Commission's ladder than any other non-LC mob family, so for any misgivings Phil may have, the Lombardo's of Carcer City consider him out of bounds, or they think they'd fall out of favour with the Commission.  The reality is that Carmine Pegorino (Jimmy Pegorino's father) only vaguely knows who Phil is by the time the story starts.  He gets familiarised with him later in the story, but from the get go all he knows is he left Jimmy to send two guys out to Carcer City to make a deal with an Irish crew to import heroin, and escalates from there into Phil being an asset to both families, a kind of freelancer who can operate in Carcer at his whim as long as the Lombardo's are cut in on the heroin deal and split the shipments.  After all, Vincenzo Lombardo is a businessman mobster rather than a cowboy.

• Loosestring likes this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 2 weeks ago

Its coming along well, well the parts I care about anyway haha.  I imagine I'm gonna receive a bit of backlash for characterisation of already established characters, with it being Carcer in 88 I've got the obligatory Michael Townley appearance, with Lester thrown in for good measure.  Phil actually puts Lester in the hospital for reasons that will be explained, that alongside Lester's wasting disease, it makes Lester the social outcast we see him as in GTA V.  Michael is a scumbag and Phil isn't actually much better, considering both of them are a few years past their Wanderers' years, they're still up and comers rather than established criminals, however Phil has the advantage of being a high level associate of the Pegorino's, seen as one rung higher on the Commission's ladder than any other non-LC mob family, so for any misgivings Phil may have, the Lombardo's of Carcer City consider him out of bounds, or they think they'd fall out of favour with the Commission.  The reality is that Carmine Pegorino (Jimmy Pegorino's father) only vaguely knows who Phil is by the time the story starts.  He gets familiarised with him later in the story, but from the get go all he knows is he left Jimmy to send two guys out to Carcer City to make a deal with an Irish crew to import heroin, and escalates from there into Phil being an asset to both families, a kind of freelancer who can operate in Carcer at his whim as long as the Lombardo's are cut in on the heroin deal and split the shipments.  After all, Vincenzo Lombardo is a businessman mobster rather than a cowboy.

I love it when people have the balls to challenge people's perceptions with their characterisations especially if it's showing fan favourites in a really negative light or vice versa. Good characters are multifaceted, no matter how tempting it may be to make one dimensional bastards it can be a major pitfall and stand in the way of telling a good story if you can literally just judge the book by the cover. I hate when the main character in something is portrayed as inhumanly brilliant and adept at getting themselves out of every situation with relative ease. People make mistakes and its great to see them, whether it be as a lesson or for pure entertainment. People f*ck up all the time, and although some of us may not like to admit it, we really love hearing about it. That's not to say that every good story needs to end with harsh consequences. One of the greatest movies ever made was Scarface (where the protagonist dies violently as a result of his actions) but how good would it have been to see Tony get away with it all like DePalma originally planned?

I suppose the best example I can give is GTA IV as compared to GTA V. At the end of the story Niko gets what he's after but loses something valuable as a result. Whereas in GTA V the characters pull off the biggest heist in history and go back to their daily lives still smelling of roses. There are options where one of the three of them dies but I think this is just conform with the overarching theme of the game being pure fan service. They really should've had a secret ending to the third way where Franklin gets the bullet for not doing what he's told and Michael and Trevor play tennis and go to the movies with Lamar instead. That's a single player DLC  I would actually pay for.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've always thought Michael had delusions of grandeur in GTA V, he'd talk about his past as if he was the protagonist in a Martin Scorsese film, this tough guy with a heart act, whereas to me if you dig a little deeper you can tell its a facade.  In the same way Phil has grown up virtually Italian despite his ancestry, Michael shapes himself around those around him, seeing as we're never explicitly told where he was born(the most obvious assumption would be North Yankton) I'm putting him down as an out of towner, gun for hire with a chip on his shoulder.  He's an arrogant bastard that clashes with Phil's more reserved manner, they've both got something to prove, but Phil already knows you don't need to bust heads to impress the bosses, just earn your arse off for them, something that Michael is yet to learn.

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloieloilamasabachthani

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 2 weeks ago.

I think we're missing something important, something we had in GTA 2 and III. The feature I'm talking about, was scrapped from the franchise just because it couldn't be done well back in 2D and 3D era days. I'm talking about gang-respect-based gameplay.

One of my main plans for my future concept is writing something that way. The storyline I have in mind is like this:
The protagonist (A hitman-for-hire, let's say, in his late 30's) has been backstabbed by the organization he worked for. He's injured badly from a fight and is running to San Fierro, where he meets an old friend. Unlike what you might expect, this friend isn't a criminal in any way. After getting better, he wants to get back to working, but it's your choice. You can work for any gang, crew or mafia you want, and your choices will change the story. The organization you choose to work for might even be SFPD.
I think we're ready for something like this and it'll be the next revolutionary thing in the game.
  • Claude4Catalina and Ivan1997GTA like this

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd like to see something like that but I don't think it'd work with GTA's fairly rigid mission structure of complete them how you like as long as it contributes to the end goal.  Piggybacking of your idea here, but if there was say, eight gangs in this theoretical game, and you could align yourself with four of them, or seven gangs and the opportunity to become a state police/FIB "asset" as such, so work your way up to being the next Whitey Bulger.  The other four gangs that you can't side with would be antagonist gangs, and to keep the story relatively straight, you'd do the same missions just for a different gang, so say you join up with the Italian Mafia, they'd work against the four rival gangs and give the same missions as any of the other potential gangs.  In the end the protagonist would still be committing the same actions, but under a different banner. Maybe have each of the gangs have special rival missions, so the Italians could be at odds Irish and have special missions pertaining to them, but if you start the gang as an associate of the Russians, they'd have beef with the Triads and you'd have a special set of missions against them. Same goes for if you decide to align with one street gang, their main goal would be to wipe out a rival street gang(think Families-Ballas conflict).  The only starter alignment without special enemies would be the law enforcement path, they'd take on any and all gangs, friendly or not, in the interest of furthering the protagonist's own criminal empire.  For it to work it'd have to be extremely loose, so the protagonist would have to have almost no allies at the start, save from knowing a slightly corrupt cop who would then offer the player to join forces as a shady "private investigator" who mostly investigates by shooting first and asking a minimal amount of questions in the process.

willemHE
  • willemHE

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

This is a concept I came up with.

The Stealth and Combat DLC

-This update will include:

-Camo oufits and camo gun paints

-Crouching and laying down. This will make you more accurate while shooting.

-New cars and guns (so rockstar can make money)

-You will also be able to fire bigger weapons when you are in a car by sitting in the door 

but you can fall out of the car.

-The back of the cargo bob and titan can be opend.

-Bullet proof windows (can take around 4 shots)

-Drones (only for scouting not for shooting)

-You can buy phone attachments Heat camera, player detector, supa stealthy covers.

And the most imported one a new kind of lobby the Hardcore Lobby

This is a Hardcore lobby

All blimps will be hidden from the map.

You can see dead people for 5 seconds on the map. NOT the killer.

You can also see flares, explosions and jets on the map.

If you fire a unsupressed bullet everyone that's near you will see your blimp for 2 seconds.

If you get shot but not die you can see the shooter on the map for 1 second.

This update will fix the stealth option.

•  

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloieloilamasabachthani

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, A week ago.

The story of Vice City True Story is reaching the final points... Only two more missions are left until the big throwback to 1988 starts.
I really don't know if it's worth being nominated for best concept award or more attention or whatever. Right now there isn't any hype around it. Anyway I don't care. I'm trying to tell a complete story, take it off my mind and see what others think so I guess you might like to check it out.
Also, I've started making radio lists and some vehicles for Seventy Six. I'm still not sure if I find the time to post it this year but who cares? If I don't, I'll come back in 2017 summer and post it with a sh*tload of content.

Cheers,
Jezus Holy Christ

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted A week ago

Would anyone be interested in an update that revolves around World War II-era weapons and vehicles?

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloieloilamasabachthani

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 6 days ago.

VC88 is officially started.

I guess it's time to check the concept, isn't it?

Spoiler

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 days ago

I know this isn't a proper concept on the forums, but it's just amazing. It's the closest thing to a complete North Yankton concept I've seen.

If only it were on the forums or even better, a real game. It's just amazingness. Please give it a reading.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users