Photo

"Trade in Property"

16 replies to this topic
OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:43 AM Edited by OriginalCharacter, 27 June 2014 - 02:44 AM.

i went on hiatus from this game for a while so i don't know how this sh*t works exactly

so i just now saved up enough for a low-end 10 car garage ($115663)

i already have a garage at Eclipse Towers. now, when i'm ready to buy it, it asks if i'd rather trade in the property i already own for $200000

if i trade it, does this mean i'll get that low end garage, and without spending anything, get $200000 added to what i already have, or will i still spend what the garage costs, but get $200000 back?

i ask because i hope i can just trade this apartment for the garage, get $200000 extra, then buy a cheaper (yet ironically less sh*tty) apartment

MOST IMPORTANTLY, will anything happen to my cars if i do this?

and before you do, don't tell me to search. 

i did

nothing answered my question

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

Is you gone f*ck when the rents due?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:45 AM Edited by SonofLosSantos, 27 June 2014 - 02:48 AM.

Nothing will happen to your cars. You'll spend what you owe and get that 20000$ back
BUT if the property you are purchasing is less that the one you are replacing, you'll get the difference back. (I'm not sure if it's an exact difference, it may be a discounted difference.)

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

You'll only spend $84,337

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

Nothing will happen to your cars. You'll spend what you owe and get that 20000$ back

You'll only spend $84,337

alright thanks, all i needed to know

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:47 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 27 June 2014 - 02:48 AM.

YOu get half the money back for what you paud for a property. You will still need to pay for your new garage out of the money you get back so you will be left with around 85K  (im not doing maths).  Your cars will transfer over to your new garage automaticall. If you move to a smaller garage they will all still be available for racing and if you ever purchase another ten car garage the ones that wouldnt fit in the smaller garage will reapper in  your new garage.

• OriginalCharacter likes this

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

When you trade a property you'll need to pay the difference between the resell price of your old property (in this case 200000) and the price of your new property. But in this case you'll buy a cheaper property, so you'll trade your old property and get a new one, plus 84k (the difference). Your cars will transfer to your new garage

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

YOu get half the money back for what you paud for a property. You will still need to pay for your new garage out of the money you get back so you will be left with around 85K  (im not doing maths).  Your cars will transfer over to your new garage automaticall. If you move to a smaller garage they will all still be available for racing and if you ever purchase another ten car garage the ones that wouldnt fit in the smaller garage will reapper in  your new garage.

just traded it in, i now have $210663 lol

• Jolly SWAGman likes this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

Nice

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

How much money did you have before?

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

$115663

but i just bought a new apartment again tho so im flat broke again

but oh well, i now have room for 10 more cars

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

$115663

I seem to have done my mathematics incorrectly. Since your old apt had a resale value higher (200k) than what you were to buy (115,663), the difference wouldn't be subtracted, rather added! Haha!
  • AlienTwo likes this

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:58 AM

$115663

I seem to have done my mathematics incorrectly. Since your old apt had a resale value higher (200k) than what you were to buy (115,663), the difference wouldn't be subtracted, rather added! Haha!

yeah i kinda planned that, hence i was going for the cheapest 10 car garage

i just wanted someone to confirm it'd work lol

• AlienOne likes this

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:59 AM Edited by MichiganMuscle77, 27 June 2014 - 03:00 AM.

BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR CARS!

They're SUPPOSED to be transferred over but it doesn't always work right. If you have one car you can't live without, just make sure you're driving that one when you make the purchase.

Or just do what I did and purchase a second 10 car garage (no apartment, just a stand alone garage), store your cars there, then swap apartments and move the cars back. Tedious and time consuming but pretty much ensures nothing can go wrong.

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:00 AM

They're SUPPOSED to be transferred over but it doesn't always work right. If you have one car you can't live without, just make sure you're driving that one when you make the purchase.

Or just do what I did and purchase a second 10 car garage (no apartment, just a stand alone garage), store your cars there, then swap apartments and move the cars back. Tedious and time consuming but pretty much ensures nothing can go wrong.

I've switched apartments a few times and never lost a car

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

just checked my garage, everything's there

i'm gonna move these ten cars to my apartment though, since this garage was supposed to just be for the next 10 cars i pick up

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:08 AM

I've switched apartments a few times and never lost a car

Most of the time it works fine but I've read complaint tickets about losing cars when switching apartments. You know the game is buggy, why risk it? Hell the other day I started a session and my Sabre was at the impound. i haven't taken my Sabre out in weeks... and it wasn't actually at the Impound. I had to call in another car and pay insurance to get the Sabre back.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Haeveeh Musheenguhn!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

Yea. Just be careful with the game system. Preventing bad things from happening is better than have it really happened upon you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users