Quantcast

» «
Photo

Falling with the face. Only badasses can do that.

28 replies to this topic
Zhake
  • Zhake

Riding a giant bunny to freedom!

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Call me crazy but I think is pretty stupid the way our character fall when he/she jump in a high jump. Not even a high jump, for example, in the main LSC, six meters are enough to see our character rolling and falling with the face or the back... I mean, is a very competent person and one of the greatest thugs in the city and don't know how to jump it without wrecking his sh*t. That character need lessons from Niko already.

I don't know what was Rockstar thinking... I mean, even the characters are trained with parachutes...

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

6 f*cking meters is not a short distance, try jumping from the high in real life and see what happens.

I think it's pretty realistic beside the fact that your characters bones don't break 

• Ninja_Gear, Sangers, Ezza. and 1 other like this

Zhake
  • Zhake

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

6 f*cking meters is not a short distance, try jumping from the high in real life and see what happens.

I think it's pretty realistic beside the fact that your characters bones don't break 

It's not a short distance man, but come on... how hard is to fall with the legs instead of rolling or put the face in front... not even the hands in front. Niko did it fine even when he wreck his sh*t.

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

It's not a short distance man, but come on... how hard is to fall with the legs instead of rolling or put the face in front... not even the hands in front. Niko did it fine even when he wreck his sh*t.

Try falling from a mountain, I literally waited for 8 minutes for my character to stop rolling. I agree though, the falling physics aren't the best

• Sangers, Grimase, djmatao and 1 other like this

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

I'm pretty sure if I was a badass criminal I would at least try to learn some Parkour

Zhake
  • Zhake

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Try falling from a mountain, I literally waited for 8 minutes for my character to stop rolling. I agree though, the falling physics aren't the best

Yeah, I did it multiple times, I just ask "why the hell can't you put the hands in the middle?" xD

ENZ0
  • ENZ0

Member Title

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

We all need lessons from Niko.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

Bowling lessons.

• manicmechanic71, Ezza., LukeH_97 and 3 others like this

Broken Condom Kid
  • Broken Condom Kid

The Loser

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

I'm pretty sure if I was a badass criminal I would at least try to learn some Parkour

The Hardcore Parkour Update 7/4/14

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

ダチ // 14415

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Bowling lessons.

"I'm not great at life, but I bowl like an angel."

If your strength is low, your character doesn't even bother trying to land on their feet. I don't know who thought that was a good idea at all.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 26 June 2014 - 09:17 PM.

You forgot the main reason R* left it like that. IT'S f*ckIN FUNNY!

The 'Scorpion' - the most painful yet hilarious way to compress a vertebra

• marco-polo, East_On_Bimmer_St, trhacker01 and 1 other like this

Zhake
  • Zhake

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Bowling lessons.

"I'm not great at life, but I bowl like an angel."

If your strength is low, your character doesn't even bother trying to land on their feet. I don't know who thought that was a good idea at all.

Both of my characters have 100 on all the stats... still use their heads to land xD

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

Six meters? Childs play.

KPCC187
  • KPCC187

Hip Hop Thugsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

Bowling lessons.

He bowls like a angel.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

I've noticed that , looks like the character does a backflip on purpose to land on his back or face, I mean, why ? It could be the same animation when falling down but losing some health and landing with a combat roll or using the hands, obviously taking some time to recover in the ground.

em1b16a2
  • em1b16a2

Post Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

This happened to me the other day it totally sucked and to make matters worse I kept dying and then respawning farther up the mountain.

Xyn
  • Xyn

ill

• Premium
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:18 AM

Now people are complaining characters don't shrug off 6 meter jumps...

Try jumping 6 meters and landing on your feet... It'll do your knees wonders.

Relative007
  • Relative007

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:23 AM Edited by Relative007, 27 June 2014 - 12:24 AM.

Simple Solution.

Have $0 in Wallet.

Call Brucie for BST. Jump off of high object and confirm you want to purchase BST...Get insufficient fund message, cancel out of message and your character will now be standing upright in the air and proceed to start falling again. Keep confirming you want it and cancelling out and you can descend from the heavens like a God (in SeaWall's words). 

Zhake
  • Zhake

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:25 AM

So the best you can do in real life is do a half back flip and land with your ass/face without using the hands?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

Bowling lessons.

I get them from Roman.

Xyn
  • Xyn

ill

• Premium
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by Xyn, 27 June 2014 - 12:45 AM.

So the best you can do in real life is do a half back flip and land with your ass/face without using the hands?
In a way, yes.

It's much better and healthier to roll the landing than try to stick it. Your bones aren't made for that and will snap like twigs from such a height.

Besides, the way they fall down is hilarious.
  • stonedpimpso likes this

Zhake
  • Zhake

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

In a way, yes.

It's much better and healthier to roll the landing than try to stick it. Your bones aren't made for that and will snap like twigs from such a height.

We agree... is hilarious of course, and I'm not whinning (you can see in the title I was making fun of it), just saying, the character can roll like Niko, he fell but not in that way. In the release I thought that was lack of level/skill, but anyway... like Patrick said: "no, your other butt" (or something like that).

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

In a way, yes.

In a way, yes.

It's a game, we should be able to do that, and it's not hilarious if you don't want that to happen.

Xyn
  • Xyn

ill

• Premium
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

In a way, yes.

In a way, yes.

It's a game, we should be able to do that, and it's not hilarious if you don't want that to happen.

Make your own game then.

Learn to walk if you don't want it to happen.

This isn't a gamebreaking issue, it's a minor nitpick and in no way is it going to change...live with it.

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

My character once fell through a gap between some wooden beams and got hung up on the beams with both arms. He then fell off and landed on his feet but seeing as the fall animation was still active he walked backwards upright for 5 seconds, then fell over a low wall off the building I had just climbed. Looked like a drunk moonwalk.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

Call me crazy...

Crazy!

• Desu Nei likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:40 AM

Ha, I've done that.  :)  Not for 8 minutes, though.  Even though it's a problem if you want to stop falling and get up, I think this part of the game was done well.  

I'm wondering if the character physics might have been partly tuned so that we get realistically off-balance behavior on steep slopes, leading to just what we see, which is inability to stop downward momentum, and face plants.  Then maybe some of the more weird behavior we see on flat ground, bumping into walls, and short jumps where we don't get a good push-off, are consequences of that physics.  

PS:  Before GTAV came out (or was it before GTA IVor RDR  came out?), I remember seeing an article with all this bragging about the great new character physical behaviors, wher they are not just rag dolls, but they would do natural things to try to maintain balance, for NPCs and presumably for playable characters.  I'm not sure if I am seeing any of that.  

When i am getting pwned in a firefight, or run over by some asshole, it's frustrating that I can't control my character and get up and turn around and shoot, but again, it's probably a result of consistent character physics.  

One would think that with all the running and jumping our character does, that Rockstar should have included a stat (or used the strength stat) as a way to improve our coordination, running speed, jumping ability, etc.  

trhacker01
  • trhacker01

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

You forgot the main reason R* left it like that. IT'S f*ckIN FUNNY!

The 'Scorpion' - the most painful yet hilarious way to compress a vertebra

It is pretty funny. I do get annoyed by it sometimes, but even then I chuckle a little inside.

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:54 AM

I pretty sure it is like this:

When you fall belly wise, your utmost weight is near the top of you, therefore, making you top heavy, and therefore, your body will lean until you go face first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users