GTA Mission Timer

13 replies to this topic
supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Do u guys think R* should add a timer to see how long it takes to complete a mission lile when you do a race at the end it tells you how fast you completed it and extra bonus it should give u cash for beating ur old score

R* logoc on the other hand is longer u take to complete is more cash
  • NudasPriest likes this

JayWeazel
  • JayWeazel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

That's actually not a terrible idea. Would be awesome if they awarded you more cash/RP the faster you completed it.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by Bozzah, 26 June 2014 - 07:54 PM.

you could easily exploit that timer system if you would get a bonus for every time you complete the mission faster than before ;)

example: play Rooftop Rumble and finish it in 15 minutes for the first time on purpose. Next time, finish it in 14:59 minutes, then 14:58 etc.

It depends on how large the bonus is of course but I think you are thinking of a 25% or 50% bonus and this is quite a lot considering the fact that you could drain a huge amount of money without any effort (don't want to badmouth you, If my assumption on the bonus is wrong I am sorry)

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Using the same Rockstar logic they use for races, you get a bonus if you make the mission last longer than 4 minutes.  :)

• ~TKP~ likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

This is an amazing idea. Instead of getting payed $18,750 on RR, you could beat Rockstar's record of 2 minutes, and receive double.

Also, to piggyback off of the Rockstar Record, Rockstar should also add a "Rockstar Record" to all missions, parachuting, races, deathmatches, etc.

It would be cool to see who beats Rockstar at Criminal Records.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

This is an amazing idea. Instead of getting payed $18,750 on RR, you could beat Rockstar's record of 2 minutes, and receive double.

Also, to piggyback off of the Rockstar Record, Rockstar should also add a "Rockstar Record" to all missions, parachuting, races, deathmatches, etc.

It would be cool to see who beats Rockstar at Criminal Records.

judging by the live streams, its not that hard to beat rockstar.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

not a bad idea but eventually people would butch when R* buff missions just to make them longer therefor reducing the bonus!

Grand Theft Amanda
  • Grand Theft Amanda

Slaying is an art

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

There is a friend/crew bonus isn't that enough?

Zhake
  • Zhake

I own LSPD tint in the regular Pistol and looks gr8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Like in races, all the records will be f*cked by hackers.

I see it like a good idea for preventing fags that ruin missions in co-op.

• matajuegos01 and Rammer2k like this

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Ye thats what i saod. This is why R* does it like this. The slower time the more mobey for races. Im saying would u lile to see a mission timer
Some people dont read they skim read. All i asked is do u think ther should be a timer to see how long it takes to complete the mission

btw anyone remeber when the pay for everything was double then they halfed it. Why it was good the way it was before

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

No, because the timers would be hacked just like the ones in the races, for example there's one race that has like 30 checkpoints and the world record is finishing it up in 10 secs..

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

read properly my main question is do u want a time to see how fast u complete mission. i wanna be able to see how lomg missions take and compare it woth the pay

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

Every mission already seems like a rushed reckless competition. 

I prefer doing things slowly and carefully, it's where progress happens and actual excitement. Makes you feel like you're doing a single player story mission.

Me and my friends decide to go in and all use combat pistols with suppressors which makes it more challenging and fun. 

We don't rush to the mission objective in super cars crashing into everything but instead we drive there at a casual fast pace in sports cars in a convoy line. 

As we make it to the objective location, we split up and engage from different angles at the same time. 

Try it, it's fun. 

• saintsrow likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

Ye thats what i saod. This is why R* does it like this. The slower time the more mobey for races. Im saying would u lile to see a mission timer
Some people dont read they skim read. All i asked is do u think ther should be a timer to see how long it takes to complete the mission

btw anyone remeber when the pay for everything was double then they halfed it. Why it was good the way it was before

Yes, I think there should be a mission timer.  I would like to see my mission times each time I finish, to see if I am getting better at a given mission, just like races.  Since there are already countdown timers for some missions, adding a count-up timer would seem easy.  And somewhere in the Rockstar cloud, the database remembers our race times because it's always glad to announce to our friends when we beat their time on a given race, even from weeks ago.  So what you are asking is that (1) Rockstar does the same timing functions for missions, (2) saves our time elapsed data, just like for races, (3) that they display this data to us rather than keep it hidden in the database, and (4) that we get some kind of reward for improving or beating various timing metrics.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users