Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is the Glendale worth buying and keeping?

50 replies to this topic
TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:26 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 26 June 2014 - 11:27 AM.

You've thought of that just now? Nice detective work, Sherlock.

I've only been on the forum for a few weeks, I've suspected but the description of his Glendale "Swag-mobile" has sold it.
Fine. "Lestrade". The thing is, he puts effort into making cars look bad. He RARELY does the generic chrome+dollar wheels thing. Obviously something's up by then.

Although dude's been active for the week, yo, but whatever. Not like everyone reads everything.

EDIT: oh, and uh, if you guys didn't get my earlier reference: it's Big Smoke's car. GTA SA? The OTHER car? The fat dude's car?

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:32 AM Edited by One Poor Fool, 26 June 2014 - 11:42 AM.

It's a good looking car but it's very weak and it doesn't perform well.

It doesnt perform well compared to other Sedans but it certainly is "fun" to drive, I wasnt expecting this car to be anywhere near as good as it is performance-wise so Im happy enough with this gangstermobile

@TeammateAssist Lol you made me look up this video my favourite Big Smoke scene!

Wraith is right they used the Greenwood in this mission

Wraith of Vern
  • Wraith of Vern

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

EDIT: oh, and uh, if you guys didn't get my earlier reference: it's Big Smoke's car. GTA SA? The OTHER car? The fat dude's car?

That would be the Greenwood:

640px-Greenwood-GTASA-front.jpg

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PlayStation Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

Yes it is. It's got some classy looks. I'd go as far as to say that it has more swag than the Super Diamond.

0_0.jpg

Its got some classy looks yes.

Until you made it look like that, then it turned into something even Katie Price wouldn't drive.

• totally_blown likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:49 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 26 June 2014 - 11:50 AM.

Alright, fine, something much more memorable:

The car you drove to the train station with Big Smoke, on the hardest mission ever.

EDIT: "ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS DRIVE CJ" "if your fat hand could aim better WE WOULD BE DONE THE FIRST TIME BITCH"

keysersozeh
  • keysersozeh

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was..."

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

i love mine.. the only car ive driven in the last couple of days. Had some nice drifts with it.. it drives more like a gta 4 car... less overpowered traction.. a bit harder to control on high speeds.

Anyway this is my version:
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

• SirPhilMcKraken and Zorvaine like this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:56 AM Edited by Ballistic Jello, 26 June 2014 - 11:56 AM.

Customization is dechromed bumpers, ugly roof racks, and virtually unnoticeable side skirts. Race suspension does lower it a lot, but the body style is wrong to be a sick AMG-style sedan, it just looks...odd. If you like old, slow by GTA standards, Benz E classes, then go for it. After going through all the wheel choices and paint colors I sold it. The Warrener is much more enjoyable and has more varied customization options. Personally it's far more fun to drive as well.

To each his own.

GSi
  • GSi

R3B3L

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

Reminds me of saddam hussians old merc back in the 90's
  • FunkyFreak likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

Here's an idea, how about driving one?

Not being a nob here, OP, but these threads are getting ridiculous. How are we supposed to tell you what you like to drive?

isnt this the whole point of forums? to discuss? no we cant tell him what to buy but dont shoot the fella down like in all other threads,so whats the point of a forum then? to talk about f*cking heists over and over again ffs?

I didn't "shoot him down", as you put it. I suggested he form his own opinion, and I did so politely.

ELGBAiZ
  • ELGBAiZ

STRR

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Great looking class merc. Not a whole heap of mods, but it doesn't really need them.

The suspension drops it on its ass, it's got a nice v8 rumble, it has 4 doors and it looks gangster as f**k.

I don't buy cars for speed, gta isn't all about racing. If you appreciate slower vehicles for what they are then I recommend the Glendale.

Its not a V8 rumble. Its called diesel.
  • Wraith of Vern likes this

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

This is a car you buy stritcly for looks not performance. I bought mine and made it look like a family sedan going to a camping trip.I use it when my girlfriend and my friends are on since we like traveling north and enjoy the view without rushing. When im alone though my favorite 4 door is the warrener.

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

I don't understand why people are knocking it's performance. Stat wise it has the top speed in the sedan class & 3rd in acceleration. Braking & traction aren't as good as some of the others but those can be improved with the right upgrades.

I also tested it on a short, straight track (0.62 miles) & it was the 2nd fastest sedan. Schafter was the only one that beat it.

• dvntsvnt likes this

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

shortest lived car in my garage, slow, crap handling and not a great deal of modifications... worst car of the DLC in my opinion.

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

It looks good and has some pretty good mods, I just can't stand the fact it sounds like an SUV

Only if you mean a diesel powered suv. Sounds just like it should in my opinion

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

Its a Mercedes.

Why not?

0_0.jpg

• FunkyFreak likes this

NoMeansPlayDeaf
  • NoMeansPlayDeaf

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

It has an annoying shifting sound and controller vibration...just incase the slow speed wasn't enough for you to understand that it sucks.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Joins Heist; Beats members up

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

I can drift nicely with that. But best not to use in Free Mode because you'll be an easy kid aiming target.

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Th value of an item isn't measured in money. It is what it means to you.

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

The Glendale is food-proof, really. In case you have that one guy in your crew who eats during a shootout, and also finished your food for no reason.

Ill have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s one with cheese, and a large soda.

• The Byzantine Empire likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

The Glendale is food-proof, really. In case you have that one guy in your crew who eats during a shootout, and also finished your food for no reason.

Ill have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s one with cheese, and a large soda.

Yeah, but that's the Willard. I remember that it's Sweet's mission.

The correct reference would be:
"ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS *DRIVE* CJ"
x number of times you failed that mission because fatty McDipsh*t can't shoot

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Customization is dechromed bumpers, ugly roof racks, and virtually unnoticeable side skirts. Race suspension does lower it a lot, but the body style is wrong to be a sick AMG-style sedan, it just looks...odd. If you like old, slow by GTA standards, Benz E classes, then go for it. After going through all the wheel choices and paint colors I sold it. The Warrener is much more enjoyable and has more varied customization options. Personally it's far more fun to drive as well.

To each his own.

Highest top speed and 3rd highest acceleration in the Sedans class. You still may not like the Glendale due to styling, handling or particular preference, but don't believe the Glendale is a slouch in the Sedans class

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users