113 replies to this topic
Zoobz
  • Zoobz

King of Queens

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Usernames

We all have a username we use for different sites around the internet and for different platforms.

Examples such as GTA Forums, Rockstar Social Club, Twitter, Xbox Gamertag, PSN ID, Steam etc.

So my question is how did you come up with your username?

• For some it is simply your real name
  • For others it is a nick name
  • And for some it is based of something they have an interest in.

Another question is, do you use the same username across various sites/platforms or do you have multiple usernames for each one?

Last question. What do you do when your desired username is taken already?

• Do you choose a slight variation of the name you wanted, adding numbers or spaces/underscores perhaps?
  • Maybe you choose an entirely different name all together?

I'll go first.

For me my username Zoobz, is a nick name given to me by friends based off my real name.

I tend to use the name Zoobz across gaming related platforms such as a Xbox Gamertag, Rockstar Social Club, Steam etc.

However I do also use it for other internet social sites such as GTA Forums, Imgur etc.

For other platforms such as Twitter and Snapchat I use a variation of my real name.

If I want to use the name Zoobz and it is taken I tend to add to it by adding an underscore or a letter. For example my Rockstar Social Club is Zoobz_

Xyn
  • Xyn

Đɇłɨrɨřʋs

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

1)First syllable of my real name...minus the X, which was just used to look "cool".

2)Most of the time since it's easier to remember, but some sites won't allow such short usernames.

3)I make something else up...

• Palikari likes this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I was given this nickname by my old college band mates. My name rhymed with our drummers (Tel and Del,) which got confusing, so we were both given nicknames. I got El Tel, he got Deli. I think I came out on top.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well first I had mine as my psn ninjakafi81 but then changed to THE GHETTO SAMURAI and idk why. Then since that account got banned I named this account as THE GHETTO JEZUS because I was able to come back like jesus and since I have THE GHETTO in there, why not change a S to a Z 

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Voodoo, 4 weeks ago.

My real name is gtalover741328leet but it was already taken so I settled for this.

E - There is another recent topic that's similar but it's kind of a mess so let's just make this the official one.

• Mister Pink, theadmiral and Franceska like this

rawrsnar
  • rawrsnar

Mom's Spaghetti

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by rawrsnar, 4 weeks ago.

I was eating dino nuggets when I came up with mine. I added the "snar" to sound more masculine and to attract mates.

I hate my username

• PhilosophicalZebra and Franceska like this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Out of Commission

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Ermac., 3 weeks ago.

Before the forums were updated, my name was mr6plow9, an obvious variation of mr plow with a lazily tacked on innuendo. It used to be my screen name for practically everything, but I guess I "outgrew" it so to speak. When we were allowed to change our names, I wanted a name that sounded better when read aloud (and in my head). Mister six plow nine didn't exaclty roll off the tounge, knawmeen.

I've always loved MK, Ermac has always my favorite ninja (Sub-Zero and Scorps are overrated imho but that's another topic), and his name sounds cool as hell (to me at least). The period at the end is because someone else already beat me to the punch 11 years ago.

I don't go by Ermac. anywhere else but here for the most part. My PSN is still reminiscent of my mr plow days for old times sake, and I change my Steam name more than I change my bed sheets

If a name that I want is taken I usually just slap a number on the end if a period isn't possible, or try and think of something really out there, like finite parabola or freedomferretfughazi.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Essential NPC

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Winning001, 4 weeks ago.

How i got my name

1. Wing it

2. ???

Spoiler

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't exactly know where my username came from. I was just looking through a thesaurus and then I was satisfied.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

What do I put here?

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have no idea.

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by toxluv, 4 weeks ago.

My username comes from an 80s Italian movie called "Amore Tossico", which means "Toxic Love". Although it doesn't represent me anymore, I still like it.

Seluryar
  • Seluryar

Pilot For Hire

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I paid a team of researchers to find a totally unique name for me, I spared no expense, hotels, food, limo rides to and from the workplace, etc:...

• Syndrome likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

God spoke to me and said either use this name or he'll molest me. So here I am.

• Xyn likes this

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Of The Coming Ćon

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by EQUIN0X, 4 weeks ago.

I just like the car. That's it.

Spoiler

No I haven't used this on any other forum.

Yes I used a slight variation because someone already took it.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 4 weeks ago

Its the rank I achieved in the royal navy before I retired

• Android likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I got it from a song. Groovy stuff.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

1) Four word usernames are my thing at the moment. Went for that retro gaming vibe here.

2) Nope. First site I've used it on. As mentioned above, I have a thing for four word usernames, so for example I'm rocking NotSoSpecialOne (variations there of) on football related sites.

3) Mix it up.

bst81
  • bst81

GTA V & Watch Dogs videos

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

BST is my name, abbreviation / first letter of my name, used this on my youtube too

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, A week ago.

I had a daily calendar on my desk, and on January 6 2013 the picture was of a bunch of zebras in a field. At the same time I had a few tabs open, and in one of them was this. In one word, I would describe that guy as "philosophical".

I'm thinking of changing my username to something simpler. Maybe Zeeb or Zebe. Which looks better?  :monocle:

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Pretty self explanatory.

GTA3 was 5 months old and they were developed by Rockstar. The mind of a 12 yo

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I thought it sounded cool.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Vlynor is the shortened version of my alias (Gullibilimir Vlynorsky) I used during my time in the KGB as a CIA plant during the Cold War. 

• universetwisters likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

GTAF's Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well, my previous user name on Xbox live was my last name reversed with my birth year at the end (wow such creative). It ends in "son" so the first letters of the gamertag were "nos" which I wanted to be called. Through both a combination of the letters being similar, and stupid human beings unable to read, I ended up being called "No Sugar", quite often.

After about a year of that, and the fact that I hated numbers in my name, I decided to change my name to something that even the simplest of primates could read, so I went with three, one-syllable words that made fun of what people used to incorrectly call me, and so it was that Sugar Free Nos was born. I thought it would be alright because it's an actual product (kind of), it's easy to read, and it doesn't have any numbers, x's, or any other silliness.

There you have it. I don't work for the Coca Cola company, and I didn't do it just to hear grown men call me "sugar", although that is a nice bounus, lol.
  • rawrsnar, SolidSnails and Zoobz like this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I chose the username zuckmeslow because i thought it would be an interesting ice breaker and because the best zucking is a slow zucking

Unfortunatly it seems that people assume i am a troll because of my username.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well my friend was called the barron and in San Andreas I collected all the Oyster's and I merged the 2 to come up with my name.

And I use it across every platform including facebook.

What happens when someone steals it?

I swear at the Brazilian f*cking cock nosher who stole my f*cking username on psn you piece of sh*t know I f*cking hate you you sh*tting cod fag who can't even afford a ps4.

Fair play though he got there first.
  • Ciaran likes this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I got my username from a close friend of mine from years ago on a ex wrestling site that died in 2010. So I kept it as a tribute of our friendship and we both barley have contact these days since we both live in different sides of the world. 

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Joe Chip, 4 weeks ago.

I was changing usernames with the update (because people accused me of being into animals multiple times :( ), and a couple usernames I'd been thinking about were already taken. Joe Chip is a character in a book I was reading at the time. I liked his name and it sounded catchy enough.

• El Tel likes this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I was changing usernames with the update (because people accused me of being into animals multiple times :( ), and a couple usernames I'd been thinking about were already taken. Joe Chip is a character in a book I was reading at the time. I liked his name and it sounded catchy enough.

Ubik, right? I f*cking love Dick.

Spoiler

• Joe Chip likes this

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

kill the cop inside your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm very original.

Postit123
  • Postit123

Angry Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Originated on Club Penguin years ago; the Postit comes from how much I liked Post-Its back than. The 123 was just because Postit was already taken.

This might get edited when I change it next month, if this topic is still around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users