Photo

Twankers have a new tactic

133 replies to this topic
Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:52 AM Edited by Pagan Lowrider, 26 June 2014 - 05:57 AM.

I love the "skill" argument.

I didn't know Free Roam was a skill based mode. (neat)

re-read my post.Theres no mention of free roam in it.
"thats because you have no skill in the game....cowardly tactics.
You prolly sit atop buildings and snipe,and when you get a bounty you go hide in your apartment."

this topic is about tanks in FR.
your comments above apply to tactics in FR.

but yes, you never mentioned FR.

#getoffmyporch.

this is my quote:

"it amazes me when people say there is no skill involved in this game.
Try racing Broughy and come back and say theres no skill involved.Im a horrible racer.I admit it.Broughy and some of the guys from Apex are skilled.Its a fact.

Same goes for knowing your weapons,when to use what particular gun for the right situation.To consistently win in deathmatches requires skill....and im not talking about guys who roof camp the whole match either.

Re:bounties...yeah well as I said im nearly 50 years old and still believe in honor when fighting.Personally I go to LSC when I have a bounty and kill as many hunters as I possibly can,and if/when someone takes me down,they earned it."

Being skillful in racing or deathmatches translates to free roam,of course since you never play DMs(I checked)you wouldnt know or understand this.

Im enjoying your porch

oh wait I almost forgot...........

#

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:36 AM Edited by Sky_Light12, 26 June 2014 - 09:36 AM.

I see them travelling in groups of 3 even 5 tanks now. Never fighting each other but griefing players with safety in numbers. I really needed a co pilot for my buzzard today. I died like 20 times fighting groups of tanks on foot.

Co-pilots , u crazy ? the Co may able operate rocket but u will not control rocket unless the Co exit the camera mode ( additionaly , Co doesn't have ability to lock on capability ) . just put gunner on left instead ( make sure no one try to seat on right , even if try to seat gunner on right )

this Co's camera with rocket is really frustating since i can't complete mission because a noob operating a rocket without my permission

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:58 AM Edited by Kid SixXx, 26 June 2014 - 12:30 PM.

it amazes me when people say there is no skill involved in this game.

Try racing Broughy and come back and say theres no skill involved.Im a horrible racer.I admit it.Broughy and some of the guys from Apex are skilled.Its a fact.

Same goes for knowing your weapons,when to use what particular gun for the right situation.To consistently win in deathmatches requires skill....and im not talking about guys who roof camp the whole match either.

Re:bounties...yeah well as I said im nearly 50 years old and still believe in honor when fighting.Personally I go to LSC when I have a bounty and kill as many hunters as I possibly can,and if/when someone takes me down,they earned it.

I am sure your friends are good people and excellent video game players. I'm not not the person that equates skill with something I do in my free time like video gaming. A skilled racer runs clean laps at the Brickyard, not through the streets of Davis.

All it really takes to be a consistantly good deathmatch player is determination along with map familiarity and the like. I like to win as much as anyone else, but I am not going to lose sleep if I have a losing record in GTA Online deathmatch play. I will always play to the best of my ability and keep things competitive, but winning isn't so important to me that I'd lose sleep over it. It's not like I brag about my K/D ratio at work or to my fiance or anything.

As far as honor goes, if roles are to be believed we're all criminals and there is not a lot of honor among thieves. If I have a bounty on me, my job is to survive one game day. Whether survival takes the form of evading or murdering my pursuers is up to me.

• Pagan Lowrider likes this

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

it amazes me when people say there is no skill involved in this game.

Re:bounties...yeah well as I said im nearly 50 years old and still believe in honor when fighting.Personally I go to LSC when I have a bounty and kill as many hunters as I possibly can,and if/when someone takes me down,they earned it.

I am sure your friends are good people and excellent video game players.  I'm not not the person that equates skill with something I do in my free time like video gaming.  A skilled racer runs clean laps at the Brickyard, not through the streets of Davis.

All it really takes to be a consistantly good deathmatch player is determination along with map familiarity and the like.  I like to win as much as anyone else, but I am not going to lose sleep if I have a losing record in GTA Online deathmatch play.  I will always play to the best of my ability and keep things competitive, but winning isn't so important to me that I'd lose sleep over it.  It's not like I brag about my K/D ratio at work or to my fiance or anything.

As far as honor goes, if roles are to be believed we're all criminals and there is not a lot of honor among thieves.  If I have a bounty on me, my job is to survive one game day.  Whether survival takes the form of evading or murdering my pursuers is up to me.

I hear what youre saying and agree to a certain extent.
I play DMs almost exclusively as free roam was a freeze fest for me up until 1.14(havent frozen once since 1.14)Im pretty familiar with many of the R* created and verified maps.Ive gotten to the point where I can dominate in some maps with a good degree of consistency.But every once in awhile I will run into a player who makes me look like a level 34 noob.Sometimes I can chalk this up to lag,other times I can chalk it up to other,more nefarious tactics.But then sometimes said player is just more skilled than I am.And thats a good thing cuz it makes me a better player.

Its within this context that I use the word "skill".If people refuse to understand that then I cant help them.

VerySleazy
  • VerySleazy

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

If you're good at it, a jet will kill all three tanks without a scratch

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:35 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 26 June 2014 - 12:35 PM.

I hear what youre saying and agree to a certain extent.

I play DMs almost exclusively as free roam was a freeze fest for me up until 1.14(havent frozen once since 1.14)Im pretty familiar with many of the R* created and verified maps.Ive gotten to the point where I can dominate in some maps with a good degree of consistency.But every once in awhile I will run into a player who makes me look like a level 34 noob.Sometimes I can chalk this up to lag,other times I can chalk it up to other,more nefarious tactics.But then sometimes said player is just more skilled than I am.And thats a good thing cuz it makes me a better player.

Its within this context that I use the word "skill".If people refuse to understand that then I cant help them.

Well, I don't want to make it seem like I am discounting anyone's aptitude because some of us have the knack for things and some don't.

And we both just reckon the definition of "skill" differently.  It's not that I don't understand where you are coming from.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

A new tactic called... friendship?

I hate twankers too.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

If you had a tank..what would YOU do?

I do have a tank and I rarely use it. 

I have tons of Pegasus vehicles from back in the billionaire days on both my characters, I hardly use any of them in fact. 

Just because you own a tank doesn't mean you have to go around and be a prick with it. 

Same here, I've used it twice - I wish I could sell it :-(

colagamerXD
  • colagamerXD

Cereal Gangsters [CRGS]

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Pause > Online > Find New Session

Best possible Answer.

I see them travelling in groups of 3 even 5 tanks now. Never fighting each other but griefing players with safety in numbers. I really needed a co pilot for my buzzard today. I died like 20 times fighting groups of tanks on foot.

You died 20 times?  You deserve that.  once is unfortunate but any more than that is sheer stupidity.

Worst possible Answer.

• AlienOne likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

If you have a get away, get away.

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

Problems with Tankers?

WujyTto.gif

• AlienOne likes this

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

I came across 3 guys in a crew 2 of which were tanking whilst the other one did some sniping... they were both driving around together killing every player in sight. My solution? as with most...fill up on sticky bombs and go off radar; drove up right behind the both of them in a NPC-V 4x4, I managed to destroy them both one right after the other. Obviously it was hilarious and it felt great, right up until they both just went and picked up another fresh tank each!

thorpey181
  • thorpey181

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:53 PM Edited by thorpey181, 26 June 2014 - 03:53 PM.

I've noticed this as well, there's nearly always two of them now. Came up against the biggest pussies i've ever met on GTAO the other night. 

All in tanks, camping apartments etc. So I went to get a Lazer. On the way there, I noticed another guy had the exact same idea. Messaged him "i'm coming to back you up with these fa**ots", both started destroying them over and over (we eventually became friends over it, GTA friend!). All 4 of them went and hid in the bridge wallbreach near the eastern LSC. The biggest pussies in Los Santos. 

When we eventually got bored of pointlessly strafing, they came out on passive and went straight to a tank. Over and over again. Killed, passive back to tank. Such a pathetic way to play it defies words. 

• jacka and Pagan Lowrider like this

tommyboy9413
  • tommyboy9413

Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

I've never seen a tank ANYWHERE in Blaine County, or at least in all the lobbies I've been in. So when I see a tank, I try to hightail it to Blaine County, or even Mt. Chiliad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users