Photo

Twankers have a new tactic

133 replies to this topic
Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:42 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 25 June 2014 - 05:45 PM.

I see them travelling in groups of 3 even 5 tanks now. Never fighting each other but griefing players with safety in numbers.

The US Army fights in armored formation and they don't call it griefing.  They call it tactics.

I and Sun Tzu commend these players for fighting to their strengths.

It still won't keep players on rooftops from showering them with explosives, though, provided that the players fighting on foot stop shooting each other long enough to use a little teamwork of their own.

• BigBrother67 and mareepx like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

I see them travelling in groups of 3 even 5 tanks now. Never fighting each other but griefing players with safety in numbers.

The US Army fights in armored formation and they don't call it griefing.  They call it tactics.

I and Sun Tzu commend them for fighting to their strengths.

It still won't keep players on rooftops from showering them with explosives, though.

Don't agree with the U.S. Army on stuff, but they are an army with the "objective" of defending a country.

Tank traveling groups are griefers cause they ain't defending themselves, but looking for players on foot to attack and exploit an unfair advantage.

Not the same thing -.-
  • LeopardGecko and Darth_Zannah like this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

Sheep always stick together. A large flock of sheep is less tempting for a lone wolf.
  • Darth_Zannah likes this

Darth_Zannah
  • Darth_Zannah

Sith'ari

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

"Twanker". That'll show 'em!
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Sheep always stick together. A large flock of sheep is less tempting for a lone wolf.

or just a buffet :p

Darth_Zannah
  • Darth_Zannah

Sith'ari

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

It still won't keep players on rooftops from showering them with explosives, though.
Don't agree with the U.S. Army on stuff, but they are an army with the "objective" of defending a country.

Tank traveling groups are griefers cause they ain't defending themselves, but looking for players on foot to attack and exploit an unfair advantage.

Not the same thing -.-

But in GTAO they're defending more than a country, their honor!

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 25 June 2014 - 05:58 PM.

How is it an unfair advantage if it is pretty much an advantage given to them by the rest of the session population?   Everyone else is so busy shooting each other that they don't recognize the wolf at the door.

Why be angry at these guys when you should be more angry at your fellow players for not standing their ground and bombing these idiots when they start blowing things up?  Twankers count on the disarray of players and the fact that you will look out for yourself first.

They adopt to our climate of anarchy so we should adopt to their teamwork.  Every player on a server should help rally against all Rhino rampagers and once they are put down down, commence shooting at each other again.

It's nice to dream about such things even though you know it will never happen.

• 8up local and BigBrother67 like this

ktek01
  • ktek01

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

To do it on foot you need to find a nice peaked roofline where they cant get behind you. RPG mixed in with airstrike and grenades will give you a fighting chance. Otherwise off radar suicide bombing Panto could be fun. I would probably just drive around them and go get a jet, target rich environment. :)

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:11 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 06:15 PM.

How is it an unfair advantage if it is pretty much an advantage given to them by the rest of the session population?   Everyone else is so busy shooting each other that they don't recognize the wolf at the door.

Why be angry at these guys when you should be more angry at your fellow players for not standing their ground and bombing these idiots when they start blowing things up?  Twankers count on the disarray of players and the fact that you will look out for yourself first.

They adopt to our climate of anarchy so we should adopt to their teamwork.  Every player on a server should help rally against all Rhino rampagers and once they are put down down, commence shooting at each other again.

It's nice to dream about such things even though you know it will never happen.
Lol woah woah woah. First, don't confuse me addressing the situation with my own personal tactics. So

-the "session population" doesn't give it to them, Pegasus does
-personally, i do not get caught by tanks. I kno how to watch the map for players lurking by north Los Santos. Not to mention I'm usually with a crew or friends.

-all players are not in unison, just as All tankers are not in unison, so let's straighten that out. There are packs of people who are friends. Of course I'm only looking out. For my friends, just as they are.

-the issue at hand is that groups of friends now instead of just letting one guy get a tank, I guess must suddenly have everyone in said group with a tank cause the tanks are too weak to stand alone now lmao. I kno this because personally the last two times a tanker has tried to ambush my crew, we beat that ass lol.

- the idea is not the tank, but the mentality behind using a tank. Not all tankers are cowards, but most are. They are usually cowards that keep getting killed by guns, so now they need to exert something that can give them the upper hand withou much skill. The proof is a guy who goes into passive mode after getting blown out of one, or some dude that got killed 20 times and had to run and get one.

- fee roam fighting is not always about getting the kills by any means necessary, but by fighting on RELATIVELY even terms to fight for fun. On foot? A rank 3 guy can shoot a rank 230 guy and vice versa and kill each other. The reason the rank 3 guy doesn't win is skill, and the perks that the 230 guy has worked to earn, such as guns.

-with a tank? A rank 3 guy can trump all of that with no skill, and quite frankly that's no fun. And it's usually a tank that looks for people on foot to ruin the fight. If everyone's only concern was having the biggest advantage? There would be 16 tanks per lobby, every lobby.

- the reason it isn't is cause there is some honor involved.

-I am a commissioner in my crew, and my "faction" of the crew that I hang with know how to exert excellent team work, so that's not a problem of mine :) even if we get beat, we get beat as a unit lol.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Followin' the damn train since '92

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Thanks to tank nerfing, tank greifers travel in packs

Deal with it.gif

jacka
  • jacka

jacked up

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:21 PM Edited by TheJackalSega, 25 June 2014 - 06:22 PM.

I hardly see people in tanks anymore; it's mostly people in Lazers. You get a decent pilot in one going around killing people, best to just leave the session asap. Or as I like to do, send them a taunt, then teleport around the map via Quick Job before they can kill you. Like one big game of wack 'a' mole.

• Timely likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 06:22 PM.

A group of 5+ tanks is not worth fighting. What are they trying to prove? Superiority? Lol right. They know that's not true, else they wouldn't be in the tanks.

Are they griefing? I can understand that. I'm mean, it's not cool or whatever, but atleast they have a solid purpose lol.

Are they seeking a tank vs. Tank battle? If they were they wouldn't attack people on foot. There are plenty of DMs designed around that.

It's my own preference not to use tanks, but I find most of the reasons that i often see used justify its use either juvenile or just senseless. That is not to say that there is never a use for them.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

players that need to resort to tanks are pu$$ies...end of story

what about players that want to resort to tanks but don't need to?
(want and need are very different)

If they want but don't need to, they are just trolls if they attack players on foot.

Not just trolls, but near the worst hated level of trolls.

A step above hackers and modders that attack players with god mode on.
  • Pagan Lowrider likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

Pause > Online > Find New Session

Drive to Zancudo > steal a jet > evade AI cheating jet > cause some massive butthurt > session clean.

• ezfaun likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

Suck sh*t. If that's how they want to roll after the nerf, i'm more than happy with it.

No one likes paying 1.5m for a wet paper bag.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Pause > Online > Find New Session

Drive to Zancudo > steal a jet > evade AI cheating jet > cause some massive butthurt > session clean.
ugh you ruined it

EW200
  • EW200

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

I have between free roam and deathmatches nearly 25,000 players killed...ranked somewhere in the top 200 in the world.
Of those 25,000 kills I have exactly 858 Rhino Tank kiills.All of them were in other tanks,and if i was in a particularly irksome mood id kill them again once they were outta the tank.

In real life im nearly 50,I have Multiple Sclerosis,so my hands dont always do what I want them to,and im legally blind....If I can get over 24k kills with guns then all the rest of you can too.

Tank griefers are pussies. 

Wallbreach much?

And don't tell me your legit. No one reaches lvl 256 with only 4 days played.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Complaining about tanks? So original! Ever think that maybe they were together because they were friends or in a crew?

Confirmed tank griefer. 

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

I have between free roam and deathmatches nearly 25,000 players killed...ranked somewhere in the top 200 in the world.
Of those 25,000 kills I have exactly 858 Rhino Tank kiills.All of them were in other tanks,and if i was in a particularly irksome mood id kill them again once they were outta the tank.

In real life im nearly 50,I have Multiple Sclerosis,so my hands dont always do what I want them to,and im legally blind....If I can get over 24k kills with guns then all the rest of you can too.

Wallbreach much?

Never wallbreached.Ever.
Thats level 276...and 4 days and 10 hours played...in deathmatches dipsh*t

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

Yesterday 2 friends and I got tanks and grieved about 6 different people at the same time :lol:

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

never seen that happen, seems far to intelligent of a tactic for your average noob tank griefer, lol

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

If you had a tank..what would YOU do?

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

People still get griefed by tanks?  :lol:

EW200
  • EW200

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

Wallbreach much?

Never wallbreached.Ever.

My apologies. Whats your total days played?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

If you had a tank..what would YOU do?

Kill peds until the little whiners deliberately pick a fight with a tank and bitch over the mic that i'm a pussy when i kill them. :)

• Mr. Crowley likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

i hate the tank so very much, itss impossible to see any player whos more than half a block away cause the camera is so far behind the tank that if they even render they are about 1 pixel in size, and its handling is so sh*tty that id rather stand on the ground and fight cause I get 10X as many kills in half the time that you do in a tank.  At least i did till SUPER f*ckING LAG FROM HELL patch 1.14 that f*cked the game up causing headshots to sometimes take two rounds and chest to take 3 to kill someone with a heavy sniper.  combat roll dont work half the time and you jump instead, people render at random distances and not at the same time on everyones screen.  I tested with friends and they can see me and I cant see them or vice versa even at relatively short distance most of the time but sometimes you can see one for about 5 block distance, totally random and makes no f*cking sense at all.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

At least i did till SUPER f*ckING LAG FROM HELL patch 1.14 that f*cked the game up causing headshots to sometimes take two rounds and chest to take 3 to kill someone with a heavy sniper.

I know the struggle :(

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Wallbreach much?

Never wallbreached.Ever.

My apologies. Whats your total days played?

59d 8h 22m 21s

EW200
  • EW200

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

So OP is a predator and they're injured and weak players? 

Pfft, the truth is that OP is too poor to buy a tank himself.

Take this to the bitch & moan topic

Assume you are replying to my first post.

I don't know if OP is a predator, sounds like he is not since he allowed himself to killed 20 times. 

But yeah, my main point remains - a group of tankers banding together are weak ass bitches.

• sultangris and RoyalRedXIII like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

So OP is a predator and they're injured and weak players? 
Pfft, the truth is that OP is too poor to buy a tank himself.
Take this to the bitch & moan topic

Assume you are replying to my first post.

I don't know if OP is a predator, sounds like he is not since he allowed himself to killed 20 times. 

But yeah, my main point remains - a group of tankers banding together are weak ass bitches.
Nah.

My friends and I all grabbed tanks and grieved the whole lobby. It was fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users