Twankers have a new tactic

133 replies to this topic
elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

I see them travelling in groups of 3 even 5 tanks now. Never fighting each other but griefing players with safety in numbers. I really needed a co pilot for my buzzard today. I died like 20 times fighting groups of tanks on foot.
  • thekillerdonuts, MrWuggy, thorpey181 and 1 other like this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Complaining about tanks? So original! Ever think that maybe they were together because they were friends or in a crew?

• MrcTOtheJ, Mr. Crowley and Ammunized like this

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by 8up local, 25 June 2014 - 04:41 PM.

sure you didn't just happen to run into dave and friends?

• SirPhilMcKraken, MrcTOtheJ, Flūttershy and 12 others like this

EW200
  • EW200

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Not exactly new, I have seen this herd mentality before.

Just like in nature, it's common for the weak and injured to band together, especially when travelling thru a predator rich environment.  

• SirPhilMcKraken, MilezDawg, Flūttershy and 20 others like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Pause > Online > Find New Session
  • Danny-Vain, SirPhilMcKraken, shadyelf and 16 others like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Sh*tdick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

sure you didn't just happen to run into dave and friends?

Ya we organize out tank shifts to lock down the city
  • meatrocket8 and 8up local like this

Niyologist
  • Niyologist

Tier 2-C: Universe+/Low Multiversal

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:45 PM Edited by Niyologist, 25 June 2014 - 04:46 PM.

I still do the "Sticky Situation" layout in those situations and finish it up with the "Grand Finale". 

I layout sticky bombs all over the street and lure them into the trap and then go off the radar and put a bunch a sticky bombs on the car and send it flying into the the tanks. 

• MilezDawg likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:45 PM Edited by elfoam, 25 June 2014 - 04:46 PM.

None of them were in crews, just herding together griefing innocents like usual. They left as soon as their tanks got taken out. But it took ages by myself on foot. No one else in the 5 tank lobby had RPGs or grenade launchers.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

I see them travelling in groups of 3 even 5 tanks now. Never fighting each other but griefing players with safety in numbers. I really needed a co pilot for my buzzard today. I died like 20 times fighting groups of tanks on foot.

You died 20 times?  You deserve that.  once is unfortunate but any more than that is sheer stupidity.

• Ninja_Gear, SirPhilMcKraken, PatrickGTA5 and 10 others like this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Best counteraction to that is a group of adept fighter pilots. They'll obliterate them one by one.

• ezfaun, Deathmaker158, Niyologist and 1 other like this

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

So OP is a predator and they're injured and weak players? 

Pfft, the truth is that OP is too poor to buy a tank himself.

Take this to the bitch & moan topic

• PatrickGTA5, am30, I.haigh and 2 others like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

good they'll be even easier to spot and avoid

no more twankers everywhere, but nicely concentrated in one annoying spot

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

People have always done that... 

Now it's actually better because you can get several tanks in one go with the jet :D

• paulmgrath likes this

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

So because this happened in your particular session you assume this is a new tactic for tanks across the entire gta community?

also how could you die 20 times in a row? Why not change sessions or go into passive?
  • Timely likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by elfoam, 25 June 2014 - 04:53 PM.

I have a tank.. And three times the level of any of today's tankers. I just don't believe in griefing other players.

I don't go passive or leave either. Never, I'll die a thousand times first :).
  • TheKidKid415 likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

You died 20 times?  You deserve that.  once is unfortunate but any more than that is sheer stupidity.

Right? Like wtf. Who tries fighting 5 tanks in unison, on foot, by yourself? You think you Chuck Norris or something?

Smh there's not even a need to call a group of 5 tanks names like "pussies" or "losers" or whatever. The fact that they gathered together in the tanks in the first place is acknowledgement of that fact, as well as a sign of being completely comfortable with it.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

off radar > steal car > drive away.

Rockford Hills is a good place to retreat to. hard for tanks to drive thru the narrow roads and still get a good shot, & there's lots of fences to hop if you're on foot.

rushfox
  • rushfox

One assassin for hire. PM me if you've got a target.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

I have a tank.. And three times the level of any of today's tankers. I just don't believe in griefing other players.

I don't go passive or leave either. Never, I'll die a thousand times first :).

LOL so euphoric.

OP this isn't new, I have done this with friends when we go after a crew. Often times other people take the aggressive action and they themselves become targets as well as the crew. If you run away at least from me, you won't be targeted. 

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

So because this happened in your particular session you assume this is a new tactic for tanks across the entire gta community?

also how could you die 20 times in a row? Why not change sessions or go into passive?

You can't have heard.  The OP is the centre of the known universe.  If it happens to him it therefore happens to everyone.

Right? Like wtf. Who tries fighting 5 tanks in unison, on foot, by yourself? You think you Chuck Norris or something?

Smh there's not even a need to call a group of 5 tanks names like "pussies" or "losers" or whatever. The fact that they gathered together in the tanks in the first place is acknowledgement of that fact, as well as a sign of being completely comfortable with it.

Even Chuck Norris would think twice.  Why?  because he ain't a stupid twat that gets himself spawn killed by thinking he can take on a group of tanks on foot.  Chuck Norris would have used his brain and used muggers, passive mode, cops turn a blind eye and off the radar to his advantage and picked them off one at a time.  So we can conclude that the OP isn't Chuck Norris.

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

Two tanks have no reason to fight each other. It just cancels them out when it'd be so much better for them to team up. Pretty logical since the nerfing

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

Best counteraction to that is a group of adept fighter pilots. They'll obliterate them one by one.

^This. Shouldn't you counter something powerful with something even more powerful? One jet can take down all those tanks in 10 passes or less.

Or at least reduce their morale to the point that they're actually hiding from you instead.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Been happening for a long time lol.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 10:28 PM.

You can't have heard.  The OP is the centre of the known universe.  If it happens to him it therefore happens to everyone.

Even Chuck Norris would think twice.  Why?  because he ain't a stupid twat that gets himself spawn killed by thinking he can take on a group of tanks on foot.  Chuck Norris would have used his brain and used muggers, passive mode, cops turn a blind eye and off the radar to his advantage and picked them off one at a time.  So we can conclude that the OP isn't Chuck Norris.
Just a few corrections to make:

- Chuck Norris INVENTED spawn killing.
-chuck Norris is never on foot; he levitates
-chuck Norris doesn't call muggers; muggers call chuck Norris
-chuck Norris Doesn't even know what passive mode is
-the cops pay chuck Norris $5000 so that he can turn a blind eye on THEM
-Chuck Norris IS the radar
-Chuck Norris doesn't pick anything off one at time. He calls Pegasus to remove the tanks. And it doesn't even cost him $200, they do it cause he says so.

Cleaned that up for ya. Don't mind me.
  • SkylineGTRFreak, fw3, Timely and 9 others like this

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

-Chuck Norris invented the radar
-Chuck Norris doesn't pick anything off one at time. He calls Pegasus to remove the tanks. And they do it cause he says so.

I was trying to make it relevant to the OP as he is not anywhere close to being the standard of Chuck Norris.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

players that need to resort to tanks are pu$$ies...end of story

• gta-massy, TheMckeever, KornbreadMaf1a and 2 others like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by mareepx, 25 June 2014 - 05:34 PM.

what about players that want to resort to tanks but don't need to?

(want and need are very different)

• Mr. Crowley likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

-Chuck Norris invented the radar
-Chuck Norris doesn't pick anything off one at time. He calls Pegasus to remove the tanks. And they do it cause he says so.

I was trying to make it relevant to the OP as he is not anywhere close to being the standard of Chuck Norris.

Lol well just tell him what to do straight up. Make the message as direct as possible.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Just use the "Find New Session" glitch. It removes all tankers in the map.
  • Ravey Davey and 8up local like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 05:49 PM.

We are being watched.....

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

what about players that want to resort to tanks but don't need to?

(want and need are very different)

I have between free roam and deathmatches nearly 25,000 players killed...ranked somewhere in the top 200 in the world.
Of those 25,000 kills I have exactly 858 Rhino Tank kiills.All of them were in other tanks,and if i was in a particularly irksome mood id kill them again once they were outta the tank.

In real life im nearly 50,I have Multiple Sclerosis,so my hands dont always do what I want them to,and im legally blind....If I can get over 24k kills with guns then all the rest of you can too.

Tank griefers are pussies. 

• ice_phoenix_66, RandallFlagg00, LordBattleBeard and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users