Photo

ENB d3d9.dll old versions cause weird lag

2 replies to this topic
kaow
  • kaow

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by kaow, 26 June 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Hello. I have noticed that every single ENB below version ~0.1XX has terrible performance on my PC. For example when I try the famous danvsw's config based on 0.079 ENB(if I recall correctly), I get low fps, usually around 15, if I turn headlights on, fps drops even more by 1/3. But if I I keep all files and just replace danvsw's v0.079 d3d9.dll with 0.163 (or slightly older) version d3d9.dll, the lag is gone and I get solid 30-40 fps. Others with very similar rigs can run the same 0.079 based enb with no lag, at 30-40 fps. There's a guy on youtube that runs it with no problems with a 5 year old i7 950 and gtx 580 which both have almost identical performance with my fx-6300 and r9 270, game version and all the mods are the same, fps difference is more than double.

What could be the issue and how to solve it? I'm guessing it's some gpu drivers problem. Anyone else here run r9 270 or 270x or maybe other r9 series graphics card and had this happen? 

I would've asked this on enbdev forums but for some reason all of my accounts get autobanned when I try to post..

meon123
  • meon123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

bro i also have the same problem on installing ultimate graphics/enb series. i downloaded i from "http://www.mediafire...te Graphics.zip" . i read readme file and followed all instructions and after when i started gta 4  the mod worked there were very good graphics but it was not playable i has lags.so i tried deleting d3d9.dll file and after graphics were still good and i don't have any lags. my fps was increased. :lol:

hope this helps.

TempleOfLight
  • TempleOfLight

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

ATI GPUs suck major balls when it comes to running ENB older versions, mostly because Boris started developing the tool with NVidia GPUs in mind before anything else. I see no mention of your GPU anywhere in the original post, but judging by how this is a very-well known problem amongst the IV player base, I'm assuming this is the problem here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users