Quantcast

» «
Photo

Best ''small time'' GTA game?

35 replies to this topic

Poll: BEST SPIN-OFF/EXPANSION PACK OF GTA? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one??!?!?!?!??!!!??!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

1. GTA: London 1969 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. GTA: London 1961 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. GTA: Advance (1 votes [1.89%])

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

4. GTA: Liberty City Stories (5 votes [9.43%])

Percentage of vote: 9.43%

5. GTA: Vice City Stories (19 votes [35.85%])

Percentage of vote: 35.85%

6. GTA: Lost And Damned (13 votes [24.53%])

Percentage of vote: 24.53%

7. GTA: The Ballad Of Homosexual Tony (13 votes [24.53%])

Percentage of vote: 24.53%

8. None (2 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

I know it does not make any sense at all calling it ''small time gta games'' but what I mean with that is the GTA games that were made mostly as expansion packs, and spin offs. Wich spin-off/expansion pack of the main series in GTA do you think is the best?

PS: I will not include GTA VC or SA , even though they were considered Spin-offs, the crital acclaim and the fame they gained were big enough to consider them one of the best in the series. 

SO to wrap it all up; Whats your favourite ''small time'' GTA Game? And why?

:Poll open

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:39 AM Edited by Spadge007, 25 June 2014 - 11:39 AM.

The LC & VC stories are excellent, I also liked London.

Ep from LC were awesome too.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

The LC & VC stories are excellent, I also liked London.

Ep from LC were awesome too.

LCS and VCS definently. Although, I can hardly think of VCS being the end of the 3D Universe.....

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

VCS. It's really underrated. I think if it wasn't made as Sonny exclusive it would have better sales. That game brought some amazing features from SA to VC plus improving on previous games mistakes, and it's new features were unique, like business system. It was really different and better than VCs. Another of new features was  purchasing bike outside of your house and if you died, getting back your weapons from hospital/VCPD. It really felt unique, although atmosphere was worse than VCs and story wasn't that good, since it's short & rushed in the beginning, but later it improved, i can say it's great game and deserves more. I know there may be many things to complain about at this game, but it also has MANY unique things that makes it special.

• Tyla, G.S.T, matajuegos01 and 2 others like this

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by Spadge007, 25 June 2014 - 02:17 PM.

VC is not really the end, rather the beginning. And GTA III which began the series ends it all. 3D era was great and will remain my favorite, I honestly miss it's characters, atmosphere and connections in the newer titles ..

• AnDReJ98 and HUGOHL like this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

The Ballad of Homosexual Tony? What's that?

Anyway. Voted VCS. The small time game that went big time.

Empire building; enhanced hand-to-hand; swimming; little things like buying back your collection of weapons from cops and the hospital; buying unique vehicles.

It's a gem.

• Tycek, universetwisters, G.S.T and 3 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

To be totally honest, GTA Advance.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

I voted VCS, because it was the game that surpassed in many things even games like SA and in my opinion is definition of gameplay in GTA series. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Liberty City Stories was the bombing bomb.

• Tyla likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:48 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 25 June 2014 - 06:51 PM.

In the 3D Universe, Liberty City Stories. I know VCS had better detail, empire building, the ability to swim, aircraft e.g, but LCS for me just has more of a gritty atmosphere and interesting look into Liberty City's criminal underworld. I also think the soundtrack is quite underrated. And I don't think any other GTA game let's you dress like this.

130px-CoxMascotoutfit-GTALCS.jpg

In the HD Universe, it can be a tie between TLAD and TBOGT. Both add a great number of new weapons, vehicles, missions, songs and protagonists to play around with, and offering new sides to IV's Liberty City. In terms of story though, I thought TLAD's was superior. TBOGT's for me often felt all over the place and didn't make sense at times.

I do think Chinatown Wars is an underrated entry as well. If you can ignore the top-down perspective, you can have alot of fun with it. Surprised it isn't here.

• Tyla and universetwisters like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 25 June 2014 - 08:19 PM.

VC is not really the end, rather the beginning. And GTA III which began the series ends it all. 3D era was great and will remain my favorite, I honestly miss it's characters, atmosphere and connections in the newer titles ..

Yeah chronologically but it the releeases, VCS was the last 3D game

It is very ironic, as III was the first 3D Era game, but the last one chronologically, while VCS is the last 3D era game, but the first chronologically

BTW Even though VCS is great and all, didn't anyone think it was weird to play a dead protagonist?

marksia8296
  • marksia8296

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

It's a toss up between TBOGT and TLAD for me.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by Spadge007, 25 June 2014 - 08:44 PM.

Yeah chronologically but it the releeases, VCS was the last 3D game

It is very ironic, as III was the first 3D Era game, but the last one chronologically, while VCS is the last 3D era game, but the first chronologically

BTW Even though VCS is great and all, didn't anyone think it was weird to play a dead protagonist?

I don't think so, since in-game chronology ignores it. It's like watching Star Wars III and saying it's weird to see Yoda because you he dies in Star Wars VI.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

I wanted to vote LCS, but, VCS had unique, unforgettable features. I basically loved it.

So, my vote goes for VCS.

• jeanrjm likes this

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

Yo

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

I voted for The Ballad of Homosexual Tony mostly because of the memories I had with it, but nostalgia aside I'd say VCS was great! I played it for the first time a few months ago and loved the story. the Empire stuff was cool but did get a little annoying when your businesses kept getting attacked.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

I never thought to myself while playing VCS that playing as this dead guy feels weird. To be honest, did he even resonate as the same guy?

The Vic we were playing as wasn't an out-of-shape dude with a bad haircut and Latin twang. He was military in peak condition.

Wow. Now I remember the old Vic Vance vs Pete Vance theories we used to get on here.

All my memories of VCS are fond. The only thing they screwed up on, IMO, was sacrificing Lance's character from VC to try and cultivate some kind of brotherly bond. For a guy who's your main hook up in VC he didn't half act like a tit.

TLAD also gets a favorable mention for having an awesome protagonist, story and reintroducing gang warfare. It also introduced protagonist specific abilities if you look at Johnny being able to handle a hog properly that way.

• universetwisters likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

I pick TLAD and VCS over them. These two games are bombshells for me.

The Lost and Damnes is a well-written foil in my opinion, IMO despite being a 22 missions story or so (which is pretty successful enough compared to other GTA games which are generally around 60 missions and over). The protagonist, Johnny K, a real gritty, badass biker we'd like to see in my opinion. Having an antagonist like Billy against a badass like Johnny is even better. Bill is my favourite antagonist after Tenpenny. Look, Billy is the man. He's a sneak bastard with "above the bar" manipulative skills, he is a violent and wild guy, proper for a one percenter MC. I mean Billy is more to be likeable than to be hated, good thing. Having a best friend like Jim is over the top. I mean, Jim is more like a mentor figure for other brothers (John states that also), he's reasonable, integrative yet a hardened man. Story is quite impressive and enough. 

Vice City Stories is one of my favourites right after IV. I don't know, people were generally disturbed about the story, but I did like it. Actually I couldn't like Vice City with VC, but VCS made me a bit high level more concerned with Vice City, and totally interested in Miami underground world. Coming to the story, it was quite impressive, I don't care what others say about it. Vic was a one tough nut, although in VC, he was a douchebag drug dealer (maybe Vic adapted himself in his business after Louise died, IDK. However, although I liked Vic, sometimes I think maybe Vic could make a perfect "dark" protagonist, by being a three-bit, cunning drug dealer, so this wouldn't form destructive confusions between VC and VCS in this matter of fact). Another good thing is with our noble Colombian drug lord Diaz. I think we could see much more of Diaz by VCS, I felt his solid characteristic much more better here. The missions were quite satisfying and joy, IMO. Also the empire building made the game more interesting, gave the player a more playing time.

Although, these two games were cool as ice, IMO, I will vote for VCS. It's more unforgettable and legendary for me.

• matajuegos01 and jeanrjm like this

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

Mr Busta!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

In the 3D Universe, Liberty City Stories. I know VCS had better detail, empire building, the ability to swim, aircraft e.g, but LCS for me just has more of a gritty atmosphere and interesting look into Liberty City's criminal underworld. I also think the soundtrack is quite underrated. And I don't think any other GTA game let's you dress like this.

130px-CoxMascotoutfit-GTALCS.jpg

In the HD Universe, it can be a tie between TLAD and TBOGT. Both add a great number of new weapons, vehicles, missions, songs and protagonists to play around with, and offering new sides to IV's Liberty City. In terms of story though, I thought TLAD's was superior. TBOGT's for me often felt all over the place and didn't make sense at times.

I do think Chinatown Wars is an underrated entry as well. If you can ignore the top-down perspective, you can have alot of fun with it. Surprised it isn't here.

Many good things with LCS but you talk about underated soundtrack VCS soundtrack makes LCS overated "haven´t really heard any but i guess some hip hop songs is alright... But in VCS i can hear a good song on Espantoso and i dont even listen to latin music... LOL 

• G.S.T likes this

SickBoi
  • SickBoi

Formerly, KFranchise. I wanna change my name back to it tho...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

Ditto with everyone saying VCS and LCS.

God, I miss the 3D Era.
  • Spadge007 likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

VCS, that's why it's my favorite.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 26 June 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Being the First Ever Console Expansion Pack (The First in Playstation's History and the First in the Franchise) GTA Lndon 1969 wasnt a small time game atall,after watching many vids of the game on YT,with all the London Themes (which are correct esp.the Neighbourhoods/Districts HUD names) according to GTA Wiki the only less know game(s) in the Franchise are;the second London PC-exclusive game (London 1961) and Advance.

But yeah my favourites are (and the ones i have played amongst this list) TLAD and TBoGT.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

TBOGT is the only one on this list that I've played and completed, so it gets my vote by default. I started TLAD, but I didn't finish it.

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Loading... Please wait.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

I voted for none, since my vote would've gone to Chinatown Wars and it isn't here.
Still play it everyday.
  • TheUnholy and tehSpitefulPotato like this

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

Tromboning

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

I like all. They all gave us a new story to enjoy, a new perspective, and new new content. I liked the how LCS had a bright feeling to LC, where III gave us a darker feeling. VCS gave us the early 80's as opposed to VC's later 80's, which gave us a fresher experience as places were different in VC than in VCS (same for LCS and III). I loved TLaD's gritty, biker story, which made me want to explore and stay in Alderney, as I didn't venture there much as Niko. TBoGT gave us the opposing view, with the high life of LC, where we could experience the bright lights differently than in the other stories. All gave us something different to enjoy than in the bigger GTAs and that's what makes them special.

amcosk5299
  • amcosk5299

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

VCS is my favorite overall.

Fockstrot
  • Fockstrot

the bee's knees

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

GTA III because Catalina at the beginning says "I'm an ambitious girl and you, *BANG* you're just small time".

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

THERE IS NO CHEESE AT THE END OF THIS MAZE. ONLY ASSF*CK.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

I pick TLaD for many reasons, but one specifically stands out.

TLaD, like TBo(Homosexual)T, VCS, LCS, recycled a map, but it really felt immensely different than its predecessor game. VC and VCS were too flashy, cliche 80's drug lords, III and LCS were two guys working for the mob, but TLaD was meant to see a completely different part of the city and it nailed that very well. TBoGT wanted to be the high life and upper class, but other than the nightclubs I don't think sh*t like tanks and attack choppers really showcased that. Just before you thought you saw all the heavy sh*t in Niko's story, bam. Riding through the rain to go smack mechanics upside the jaw with sledge hammers. 

• Miamivicecity likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:22 AM

I pick TLaD for many reasons, but one specifically stands out.

TLaD, like TBo(Homosexual)T, VCS, LCS, recycled a map, but it really felt immensely different than its predecessor game. VC and VCS were too flashy, cliche 80's drug lords, III and LCS were two guys working for the mob, but TLaD was meant to see a completely different part of the city and it nailed that very well. TBoGT wanted to be the high life and upper class, but other than the nightclubs I don't think sh*t like tanks and attack choppers really showcased that. Just before you thought you saw all the heavy sh*t in Niko's story, bam. Riding through the rain to go smack mechanics upside the jaw with sledge hammers.

+1

This is pretty much how I feel about TLAD too.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

Vice City Stories, of course. It even made the original VC look a bit worse for me.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Definitely between VCS and LCS. I'm going with VCS because it felt like it added something to the series whereas LCS was like a glorified GTA III on PSP with a few things borrowed from VC and SA like motorcycles, more guns and ability to wear different clothes.

It's between these two to me. Haven't played most of the others but the EFLC games were cool and I'm not too big on the top down games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users