how to create alpha blend ?

11 replies to this topic
SweetCheese
  • SweetCheese

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

can someone tell me how to create alpha blend texture like this .
the models is original by R*
this is really awasome but i don't know how to make it  :cry:
  :cry:  :cry: 
note : this screenshot by 
Mark01

2v3nd3a.jpg

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by _DK, 28 June 2014 - 12:49 AM.

You need to create an additional mesh with 'transparent' vertex alpha.

SweetCheese
  • SweetCheese

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

oke i will try it ,i hope its work

SweetCheese
  • SweetCheese

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

can u show me how that's kinda difficult  :/

Mark01
  • Mark01

It's nice to be nice but I wouldn't lie to be nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Maybe you could give more infos, what you don't understand? I was going to reply to your pm but since you created a topic I'll answer you here.

So the first thing you should do is

1-Select the polygons where you want vertex alpha

2-Click on the "Detach" button and select copy as clone

3-Now select the object with the duplicated polygons and apply a vertex paint modifier

4-Select the first colored cube on the left to see your painting then select "vertex alpha" channel on the right modifier panel

5-Now paint the vertex on the border of your object with a black color, black=transparent, you can also change opacity value for areas you want semi transparent

6-Export with this exporter and you're done

Don't forget to add "68" at the end of the ide line of your object, this number has to do with transparency so the engine knows vertex alpha is used for this object and display it properly.

SweetCheese
  • SweetCheese

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Maybe you could give more infos, what you don't understand? I was going to reply to your pm but since you created a topic I'll answer you here.

3-Now select the object with the duplicated polygons and apply a vertex paint modifier

4-Select the first colored cube on the left to see your painting then select "vertex alpha" channel on the right modifier panel

5-Now paint the vertex on the border of your object with a black color, black=transparent, you can also change opacity value for areas you want semi transparent

Don't forget to add "68" at the end of the ide line of your object, this number has to do with transparency so the engine knows vertex alpha is used for this object and display it properly.

can i request video of this trick just number 4 until 6 and the ide line  :/  :cry: 
but if u are not busy right now :/  , i can wait  :colgate:  :colgate: 
i'm really newbie at modeling  :bored:

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:34 AM Edited by pep legal, 23 August 2014 - 01:45 AM.

It's always nice to see  people helping stranger in this forum.

That's the spirit on which this huge modding community was built.

indirectly  you help me as well. I was strugling to get alplha working properly with Mipmaps...and your tips help me a lot.

I'm doing a vegetation overhaul in SA, mixing Oblivion e BSOR trees, and reducing the polycount of all those models in 3dsMax (avoiding damage them)...also creating ultra low-poly LODs (model+texture) for each tree and plant.

Unfortunately, I cannot put it for public use (at least until I get all those credits and autorization stuffs).

Thank you.

SweetCheese
  • SweetCheese

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

indirectly  you help me as well. I was strugling to get alplha working properly with Mipmaps...and your tips help me a lot.

I'm doing a vegetation overhaul in SA, mixing Oblivion e BSOR trees, and reducing the polycount of all those models in 3dsMax (avoiding damage them)...also creating ultra low-poly LODs (model+texture) for each tree and plant.

Unfortunately, I cannot put it for public use (at least until I get all those credits and autorization stuffs).

Thank you.

are u successfully creating alpha blend texture ?

JohnnyK
  • JohnnyK

San Andreas Rewind Vehicle Artist

• Feroci
  • Italy
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:34 PM Edited by Aztecas_5, 23 August 2014 - 02:35 PM.

If you see the files in the img,you can see that most of the models have got two .dffs.
One is the base model while the other is the one with alpha textures.
For example:CE_groundPALO03(dff with no alphas),CE_groundPALO03a(model with alphas)

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:17 PM Edited by pep legal, 24 August 2014 - 12:58 AM.

Thank you.

My problem is very diferent of yours...but I can say something about it :

As it was said above, you can make alpha blend by tweaking the models...

...or you can take the easiest way and just "blend" two diferent textures using Photoshop or Gimp.

For exemple, using Gimp, take one of those black&white images below and put it as the alpha channel for a grass texture (just pick the one you like more)

KkttgUE.png

Gku78jq.png

Then you  will do the same thing for another texture, a sand texture for example....but this time you will INVERT the pixel values of this black&white image (black turns white and white turns black) - use the  command "invert" inside "color" menu in Gimp.

Put the "inverted" black&white image as the alpha channel for the second texture.

Now, you have two texture (sand and grass) but with opposite alpha channel. All you have to do is to merge those images. Just copy one over the other. It's done !

Gimp is a tricky (and irritating) piece of sh...software, but you can manage it properly for those basic things....or you can use Photoshop.

Link for a "not too crappy" version of Gimp -> www.partha.com (if the link doesn't work, just type the url in your browse)

SAND + GRASS :

1B0Bw0K.png

SweetCheese
  • SweetCheese

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

Thank you.

My problem is very diferent of yours...but I can say something about it :

As it was said above, you can make alpha blend by tweaking the models...

...or you can take the easiest way and just "blend" two diferent textures using Photoshop or Gimp.

For exemple, using Gimp, take one of those black&white images below and put it as the alpha channel for a grass texture (just pick the one you like more)

Then you  will do the same thing for another texture, a sand texture for example....but this time you will INVERT the pixel values of this black&white image (black turns white and white turns black) - use the  command "invert" inside "color" menu in Gimp.

Put the "inverted" black&white image as the alpha channel for the second texture.

Now, you have two texture (sand and grass) but with opposite alpha channel. All you have to do is to merge those images. Just copy one over the other. It's done !

Gimp is a tricky (and irritating) piece of sh...software, but you can manage it properly for those basic things....or you can use Photoshop.

Link for a "not too crappy" version of Gimp -> www.partha.com (if the link doesn't work, just type the url in your browse)

SAND + GRASS :

Thanks for your tutorial i will try it :D

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

You may also check this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users