Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA Forums - On The Daily Argument Topics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic
The7thOne
  • The7thOne

I was very young, and very angry. Maybe that is no excuse...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

But I seem to find things inconsistent.  I've reported some threads that don't get locked even they are trolling which is against the rules, and i've reported threads that get locked right away.  But i'm not quite sure why my topics would get reported.  They aren't trolling, or deserve to be in another topic.  It also seems to be the case that if I report someone, the mod locks my thread instead of doing anything to the other person.

Mods aren't going to keep bouncing in and out of a thread, warning loads of people over and over again.

If a thread gets way too messy, it gets locked, plain and simple.  It's the easiest solution.

This.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

But I seem to find things inconsistent.  I've reported some threads that don't get locked even they are trolling which is against the rules, and i've reported threads that get locked right away.  But i'm not quite sure why my topics would get reported.  They aren't trolling, or deserve to be in another topic.  It also seems to be the case that if I report someone, the mod locks my thread instead of doing anything to the other person.

Mods aren't going to keep bouncing in and out of a thread, warning loads of people over and over again.

If a thread gets way too messy, it gets locked, plain and simple.  It's the easiest solution.

Who says they have to warn people over and over?  Just one warning and that would shut someone up.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by GunWrath, 27 June 2014 - 12:25 AM.

One locked topic and you act like the world has gone to sh*t. Take a midol, learn from your mistakes, sitting here bitching about power abusing moderators isn't helping your cause and only digging yourself deeper.

I highly doubt they were abusing their power, because if I was a moderator right now, I'd ban you.

• Xyn, Jolly Swagman and chrisscorsese88 like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

I was very young, and very angry. Maybe that is no excuse...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

One locked topic and you act like the world has gone to sh*t. Take a midol, learn from your mistakes, sitting here bitching about power abusing moderators isn't helping your cause and only digging yourself deeper.

I highly doubt they were abusing their power, because if I was a moderator right now, I'd ban you.

I know right? People shouldn't complain about the mods.

• AlexSniperBullet likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

I never made mistakes.  But assholes who visit my threads do.

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:25 AM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 27 June 2014 - 06:26 AM.

This is basically what caused my thread on the kitty cat dance to get locked because of trolls...  10 hours went so smoothly till some mouthoff kid had to ruin it and get it locked. 

I ain't gonna blame the mods for locking good threads & not wanna deal with every minute drama that comes in on it, Feel sad for them, never had a grudge against them either.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

Why get upset at the moderators then? They've closed the thread because it spiraled out of control, not to single you out. They can either take the f*cking time to go through and approach each off topic post or they can close the thread. 99% of the time, they're going to close the thread.

Where you may mess up though, is arguing with the people in your topic. Don't argue back, just report the member that's derailing or causing issues and mods will step in and take care of the issue. If they have to come in and see that it's spiraled far too much, then they will close the topics.

Also, it's just an internet topic man. Does it honestly ruin your life in any way? Your game? Your finances? No, so don't sweat it.

• chrisscorsese88 and AlexSniperBullet like this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Here's the amazing topic darkwar is talking about.

1. Comparing GTA V with WD.

2. Bitching about map size.

3. Bitching about grass in a game... wow, I don't even need to explain this.

Yup, it was completely wrong to lock your topic and I should be banned.

• Ryan, Miamivicecity, Xyn and 4 others like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:04 AM Edited by darkwar854, 27 June 2014 - 08:06 AM.

Here's the amazing topic darkwar is talking about.

1. Comparing GTA V with WD.

2. Bitching about map size.

3. Bitching about grass in a game... wow, I don't even need to explain this.

Yup, it was completely wrong to lock your topic and I should be banned.

You need to learn the difference between bitching and discussing.  I was discussing why the map in GTA 5 didn't feel right.  I can say that you are bitching about me.  And you know I reported you which is also why mods are biased.  You should not know that stuff.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

You need to learn the difference between bitching and discussing.

I could say the same thing to you and considering the opinions of other posters in your topic, my statement holds more water than yours.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:15 AM Edited by darkwar854, 27 June 2014 - 08:35 AM.

You need to learn the difference between bitching and discussing.

I could say the same thing to you and considering the opinions of other posters in your topic, my statement holds more water than yours.

No.  All your statement says is that you are biased against anything that conflicts with your opinion.  Hence that snip of you saying "I don't like sh*t threads".  Opinion, and your job isn't to have one.

Mods need to have to...

• Give a reason for locking a thread.  Not some smart ass response.
  • Instead of locking a topic because of spammers, just ban the spammers from the topic.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

Remember; you are a guest on a free service. You may make no demands and have no rights.
Moderators retain the right to remove you from the forums for any reason at any given time upon compromising the rules.

Dude, if I were you, I'd about face and just scoot on out.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

This is basically what caused my thread on the kitty cat dance to get locked

Actually, I locked it because it was pointless spam. Which is a re-occurring theme amongst people who bitch and whine about their topics being closed. The usual reason, in my experience, is because the topic is duplication of something somewhere else; like questions outside of question topics and videos posted as the it own threads. The second-biggest reason is simply that the topics are sh*t or intentional troll-bait.

<p>
Mods need to have to...

• Give a reason for locking a thread.  Not some smart ass response.
  • Instead of locking a topic because of spammers, just ban the spammers from the topic.

And you needs to learn not to try and make demands of staff when the rules of the forum say, in no uncertain terms, that you're a guest on a free service and have no rights.

If you don't approve of how staff run the forum, go away. It's a damn sight easier for all concerned than having to tolerate your pointless whining.

If people wanted your opinion on how the site was run we'd ask for it.
  • Andreas and Sugar Free Nos like this

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Enough.

• Girish, Miamivicecity and Sugar Free Nos like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users