Masks for 25.000 dollar

111 replies to this topic
raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

Like I said before, an answer I have is shills. Shills who think R* is gonna see their post and smile or some sh*t. They're the ones who think R* sit in their offices all day just busting their asses to make content every second of every minute of every hour of every day because they "care" when in reality they're just sitting there laughing at the fact people are still buying cash cards almost a year after release and after finding out this gen's version was basically a beta. 25k for a mask is definitely rubbish. The 50k horn I'm okay with surprisingly, probably the only item price I was fine with in the update since it's unique and meant to show off wealth. (It plays as long as you hold the horn down AND it changes speed based on your speed)

You say, "shills" I say people who use common sense.I certainly don't believe that Rockstar employees are akin to Santa's elves.But then again, I don't believe that a game structured around moving your way up in a criminal enterprise, you should get everything handed to you on a silver platter.Can't afford the mask right now? Buy the motherf*cker later. Can't afford the ten car garage/apartment? Buy the bitch when you can afford it.If people would join a crew, do some missions instead of trolling in free roam...and most important, play the damned game instead of coming here (the forum) to bitch about how expensive sh*t is, they'd have the money to buy what they wanted.

"No no no! But I want it all right now! I just started playing yesterday, but I want all of the cars and money and guns and I wanna be rank 700 and I wanna blow up people that are better shooters than me with a tank and I want new clothes everyday and new cars and heists and and and more money! So rockstar needs to fix this game and make everything free and stop people from killing me so I can have fun! Right now!"

-general consensus of the minors that play this game.

Exaggerate much ?
  • marco-polo likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by BLeonard, 24 June 2014 - 11:19 PM.

My baseline is higher...I don't like to be below $15,000,000. But that's the trick...when you reach those milestones...$500,000, 1 million, 2 million, 5 million etc...set your baseline of what you're uncomfortable with going below.

I'm trying to make it back to 20 million, and depending how far into the twenties I get, 20 mill may be my new baseline.

Pretty much the exact same way I do things... When I hit a certain number, that becomes my new minimum (or, as you call it, baseline). As my bank account increases, so does my minimum. Then, when a new update comes out, I can buy things, but if I go below the minimum, I start working to build that cash right back up.

Setting certain goals helps, too, not just related to GTA$... I said I wanted to be at $10 mil GTA$, have 5 cars fully modded for each character and have all clothes/masks/weapons/attachments bought for each character by the time High Life came out.

People that complain about not having enough to do don't realize apparently that you can set your own goals to reach for.

-Bill

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Like I said before, an answer I have is shills. Shills who think R* is gonna see their post and smile or some sh*t. They're the ones who think R* sit in their offices all day just busting their asses to make content every second of every minute of every hour of every day because they "care" when in reality they're just sitting there laughing at the fact people are still buying cash cards almost a year after release and after finding out this gen's version was basically a beta. 25k for a mask is definitely rubbish. The 50k horn I'm okay with surprisingly, probably the only item price I was fine with in the update since it's unique and meant to show off wealth. (It plays as long as you hold the horn down AND it changes speed based on your speed)

You say, "shills" I say people who use common sense.I certainly don't believe that Rockstar employees are akin to Santa's elves.But then again, I don't believe that a game structured around moving your way up in a criminal enterprise, you should get everything handed to you on a silver platter.Can't afford the mask right now? Buy the motherf*cker later. Can't afford the ten car garage/apartment? Buy the bitch when you can afford it.If people would join a crew, do some missions instead of trolling in free roam...and most important, play the damned game instead of coming here (the forum) to bitch about how expensive sh*t is, they'd have the money to buy what they wanted.

"No no no! But I want it all right now! I just started playing yesterday, but I want all of the cars and money and guns and I wanna be rank 700 and I wanna blow up people that are better shooters than me with a tank and I want new clothes everyday and new cars and heists and and and more money! So rockstar needs to fix this game and make everything free and stop people from killing me so I can have fun! Right now!"

Exaggerate much ?

If anything that's a generous understatement.... Have you Read some of the threads on here!?!?
  • Xyn likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

http://www.theguardi...ells-hopi-masks

Masks are expensive, dudes.

raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:22 AM Edited by raggingmonkey, 25 June 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Exaggerate much ?
If anything that's a generous understatement.... Have you Read some of the threads on here!?!?
Being that I am a member of the forums, yes, ive read what other people have to say. Are they they all right? No. But nor can you possibly say that your post is an "understatement".

Ive read what other people have posted, that just sell a car and do RR and you'll have money for a mask. And though that is true, look at it from my perspective: the highest paying job doesn't even cover the cost for the mask. You've got to supplement the cost by selling another car. That's outrageous! If payouts were higher and were somewhat fair inporportion of content costs, I wouldn't complain. But when ive got to grind missions to buy crap, its difficult to enjoy the game. Call me entitled, spoiled or whatever, but I don't want to play the game as if it were a chore. Ive got enough of those as it is. Don't tell me to walk away from the game, cuz that's not your call. Higher prices supposed to extent the longevity of the game? Well that's just bullsh*t if an established game manufacturer has to make things cost ridiculously high so that players play longer. If anything, it encourages people to glitch, cheat and/or walk away.

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:25 AM

Those masks ARE expensive. I know when the game launched, the prices on the masks were kinda high, but $23,000 for one? R* seriously? I'm not even fussing about how a person could make that amount of cash to get one. Like someone said earlier, you can play RR twice or maybe thrice. But what I don't get is why it's so expensive. Those masks are unnecessarily costly. I know they look goofy and all, but I would've liked the masks from SP to be in here too. This worries me. I can't imagine how much a balaclava will cost, let alone some pantyhose to cover our identities.

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:10 AM

Those masks ARE expensive. I know when the game launched, the prices on the masks were kinda high, but $23,000 for one? R* seriously? I'm not even fussing about how a person could make that amount of cash to get one. Like someone said earlier, you can play RR twice or maybe thrice. But what I don't get is why it's so expensive. Those masks are unnecessarily costly. I know they look goofy and all, but I would've liked the masks from SP to be in here too. This worries me. I can't imagine how much a balaclava will cost, let alone some pantyhose to cover our identities.

It's based on demand.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Vɨda

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:31 AM

Who cares about expensive masks, they're ugly as sin.

I'm offended by your use of the word 'sin' and 'ugly' in the same sentence...

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

As others have already said... There is no requirement whatsoever to own the masks, just as there is no requirement to own all of the clothing, weapons, vehicles, or anything else in the game. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

It's based on demand.

Can't agree with that. How does R* know what is going to be demanded and what isn't? If the prices adjusted, based on how many people bought things, I'd agree with that, but the prices are fixed and are not changing.

One person could buy a certain mask, or a million people could buy it... It's still gonna cost the same.

-Bill

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

that is such a f*cking rip-off. 25 grand for a mask? i would rather buy a faggio.

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

that is such a f*cking rip-off. 25 grand for a mask? i would rather buy a faggio.

Why not buy a rebel?

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by liquidussnake119, 25 June 2014 - 03:51 AM.

I'm all for working towards stuff, but I feel that this isn't the best way to do that.

I'd rather Rockstar give us stuff that feels worth the work.  I mean, ultimately, I really don't care as I think the masks are stupid as f*ck and wouldn't buy one anyways.

Well this is great, cause you're making the choice NOT to buy something because it's not worth it to you.

But what I'm addressing are the people bitching and moaning about sh*t they supposedly don't want being too expensive. If you weren't going to buy it in the first place, why then do you complain it's too expensive for you to purchase? If the content is, "not worth the price", then it should be a simple choice to bypass that sh*t.

You don't HAVE to buy jack sh*t in this game all save ammo/guns. And even with that you can buy the guns you want...and on ammo tip...run around in a survival/deathmatch and refill the bitches that way if you're that cheap.

Because there are other things in the game that are outrageously expensive that shouldn't be.  This isn't just an issue with masks, but lots of stuff.

Of course, whenever I say something like "So and so part for gun shouldn't cost THAT much" or "so and so part for a car seems awfully expensive" or even "I don't understand why these things have to be so expensive when we have to reach a certain rank to unlock them." (my real issue with the system) I have to deal with the Rockstar Defense Force calling me a child for "wanting everything for free".

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:55 AM Edited by BLeonard, 25 June 2014 - 03:56 AM.

Because there are other things in the game that are outrageously expensive that shouldn't be.  This isn't just an issue with masks, but lots of stuff.

I asked this earlier in the thread, nobody responded: Are you as outraged that a tank in GTA:O costs a mere $1.5 million, when in reality, they cost much more...?

Personally, I haven't seen any "Tanks are too cheap to buy" threads on here that I can recall, yet I see a "X is too expensive" thread on here around once a week, if not more often... Why is that?

-Bill

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:08 AM Edited by liquidussnake119, 25 June 2014 - 04:32 AM.

I asked this earlier in the thread, nobody responded: Are you as outraged that a tank in GTA:O costs a mere $1.5 million, when in reality, they cost much more...?

Personally, I haven't seen any "Tanks are too cheap to buy" threads on here that I can recall, yet I see a "X is too expensive" thread on here around once a week, if not more often... Why is that?

-Bill

I'd rather have everything be balanced, even if that meant tanks that cost anywhere from 4 to 5 million. (whoever told you they cost 30 million was wrong, btw)

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

Of course, whenever I say something like "So and so part for gun shouldn't cost THAT much" or "so and so part for a car seems awfully expensive" or even "I don't understand why these things have to be so expensive when we have to reach a certain rank to unlock them." (my real issue with the system) I have to deal with the Rockstar Defense Force calling me a child for "wanting everything for free".

The masks are expensive...so what, as anyone gone to buy a motorcycle helmet? There are some that are tens of thousands...and they've been there since game launch. Expensive items are not new to this game...it's been this way since online's inception.

I stand by my statement, if you needed the items to get anywhere in the game, then I could see where the complaints are valid. Since you don't and they are extras and more asthetic...get it when you can afford it.

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

The masks are expensive...so what, as anyone gone to buy a motorcycle helmet? There are some that are tens of thousands...and they've been there since game launch. Expensive items are not new to this game...it's been this way since online's inception.

I stand by my statement, if you needed the items to get anywhere in the game, then I could see where the complaints are valid. Since you don't and they are extras and more asthetic...get it when you can afford it.

And I've had these complaints from the start.  So I stand by my statement.

Yay!  Everyone is happy!

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

As others have already said... There is no requirement whatsoever to own the masks, just as there is no requirement to own all of the clothing, weapons, vehicles, or anything else in the game. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

It's based on demand.

Can't agree with that. How does R* know what is going to be demanded and what isn't? If the prices adjusted, based on how many people bought things, I'd agree with that, but the prices are fixed and are not changing.

One person could buy a certain mask, or a million people could buy it... It's still gonna cost the same.

-Bill

Because people like to dress up like cats.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:52 AM

And I've had these complaints from the start.  So I stand by my statement.

Yay!  Everyone is happy!

And yet you still played the game for 9 months to still bitch and moan about the same thing?

Complaining: Online™
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

Exaggerate much ?
Being that I am a member of the forums, yes, ive read what other people have to say. Are they they all right? No. But nor can you possibly say that your post is an "understatement".
Ive read what other people have posted, that just sell a car and do RR and you'll have money for a mask. And though that is true, look at it from my perspective: the highest paying job doesn't even cover the cost for the mask. You've got to supplement the cost by selling another car. That's outrageous! If payouts were higher and were somewhat fair inporportion of content costs, I wouldn't complain. But when ive got to grind missions to buy crap, its difficult to enjoy the game. Call me entitled, spoiled or whatever, but I don't want to play the game as if it were a chore. Ive got enough of those as it is. Don't tell me to walk away from the game, cuz that's not your call. Higher prices supposed to extent the longevity of the game? Well that's just bullsh*t if an established game manufacturer has to make things cost ridiculously high so that players play longer. If anything, it encourages people to glitch, cheat and/or walk away.

First I'd like to say, yes, duh, I was exaggerating. But my response to saying I was exaggerating was sarcasm, just to reiterate the point of why I was even exaggerating to begin with. That's because more or less, that it's a compiled summary of of the entitled rants I hear from ungrateful players smh. I can remember a time before games had the option of "DLC". You bought a game and had to make the most of it. Kids these days just don't do that.

Apparently, you have already read all of the different viewpoints one the issue, but apparently you missed 2 big ones:

1.) your right! It's not my call to tell you not to play the game -.- which is why I didn't go in your room and snatch your controller. But please realize that is just people listing your options. All I'm doing is making a suggesting by saying if you "don't like it don't play it." You know what people who genuinely don't like this game do? THEY DONT PLAY IT. Don't get mad at somebody for merely pointing out an option you don't wanna except

it's not a chore if you don't make it a chore. If you want these in game items sooooo bad, maybe you need to reevaluate how much importance your putting on things like that in the first place. But don't say "man I want a million dollar jet, but I don't wanna work for it, and I don't want it to be a million dollars". You work for things in real life, games are no different. If everything in the game was just "handed to you on a silver platter, nothing would be worth a thing, and everyone would only say there "isn't enough content."

OF COURSE THERE ISNT GONNA SEEM LIKE ENOUGH CONTENT IF YOU GLITCH TO GET EVERYTHING IN A DAY.

2.) if you feel so strongly about your dissatisfaction, but still insist insist on playing, I also SUGGEST you notify rockstar games in some form or fashion about your complaints, so that there may possibly be a chance about something actually being done to change it.

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

Wow. So much hostility in one thread over expensive pieces of material to conceal ones' identity. So much arguing and bickering. People complaining that folks are complaining and so on..

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

It's true: how is anyone even supposed to compete in this game unless they have the best mask and the best horn?  When you're just starting out, you pretty much just have to accept the fact that you're gonna get killed over and over and over until you finally make enough $$ to buy a 25k mask and 25k horn.  And since the missions all either pay like 1k or were buffed to be nearly impossible now (RR, Coveted), you have to play for nearly 2 weeks to make 25k.  Or else buy a shark card.

Okay, now with no sarcasm: are masks and horns outrageously expensive?  Yeah, obviously.  Have you considered... oh, I don't know... not buying them?  They're what I would call "luxury items"--stuff you buy after you've already bought everything that you really need, and have lots of extra money that you have nothing else left to spend on...

GokuOfEarth
  • GokuOfEarth

Z Fighter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

I think I may have an idea as to why so many people, including myself, feel that these prices are absurd. Look back to the single player of GTA V. Buying clothes and upgrading cars at LSC was very easy. Everything is cheap in SP compared to Online. There are a few price differences such as the tank in SP costs $3 million compared to the tank in Online which is cheaper at $1.5 million. Unlike in Online, all of the DLC vehicles are given to us for free basically in SP, so we don't have to waste as much money buying and then upgrading them.

Another thing is that there are fewer ways to make money in SP than Online. There are a few jobs done during missions, but you make most of your money from doing heists and playing the stock market. That is why we have so much more money in SP than Online. There is less stuff to spend your money on, and when you do decide to buy stuff or upgrade a car, it is far less. I don't understand the logic of having the price difference for nearly everything be more expensive in Online except for buying cash cards. I say that they make it one value or the other.

The reason that people are making a big deal out of this is that when a new DLC comes out, especially a free one that they have to get anyway, we want to try out everything, whether it is buying new clothes, cars, or experimenting with different paint styles. Sure there is the fact that you can test out cars in SP, but not only are the physics slightly different, as I said before everything is cheaper. This is a problem because we have no idea how much we will have to spend in Online until we buy the car and find out how much the upgrades cost.

This is why so many people glitch to get money, because they do not want to play for ridiculous amounts of time just to buy something expensive and start all the way from the bottom again. When we had that Double RP/$ weekend before the High Life DLC came out, I grinded RR for pretty much the whole weekend with my crew and only earned around $2.5 million. By the time I bought the things I wanted, the cars and my second property among other things, I was right back where I started.

We need heists to come soon, and to pay well, otherwise things will just get worse for many people. Even after the Hipster DLC, I literally have less than $5000 to my name.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users