Photo

Masks for 25.000 dollar

111 replies to this topic
grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Quit being cheap and pay up. $25,000 is nothing.

because people have this attitude game companies get away with this crap. I view game companies like I view political candidates. while campaigning/pre-ordering they make a lot of promises. when elected/launched you find out they were full of it and your lucky to get half of what they promised. in the end they both promise that only by you giving them more money can things get better.

$10,000 for a dress, $25,000 for a mask and $50,000 for a horn...while the best paying missions you've already grinded a 1000 times have been nerfed to be an even bigger, joyless pain in the ass. every update the new content increases in price while the ability to make in-game money drops. I don't think the actual car they used in Wayne's world sells for as much money as the one in game costs.

• paulmgrath, gorskiegangsta and KingJohn like this

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

because people have this attitude game companies get away with this crap. I view game companies like I view political candidates. while campaigning/pre-ordering they make a lot of promises. when elected/launched you find out they were full of it and your lucky to get half of what they promised. in the end they both promise that only by you giving them more money can things get better.

$10,000 for a dress, $25,000 for a mask and $50,000 for a horn...while the best paying missions you've already grinded a 1000 times have been nerfed to be an even bigger, joyless pain in the ass. every update the new content increases in price while the ability to make in-game money drops. I don't think the actual car they used in Wayne's world sells for as much money as the one in game costs.

its about novelty, there is no realism in prices involved. the price you pay for a zany mask is fine because you are paying for the novelty of having a mask which in my opinion is worth a lot more than buying a 9k motorbike.
you pay 140k for the rhapsody to have a cooler car to drive around which is more unique and interesting than one you can find off the street

• Xyn and Miss Malevolent like this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

Like I said before, an answer I have is shills. Shills who think R* is gonna see their post and smile or some sh*t. They're the ones who think R* sit in their offices all day just busting their asses to make content every second of every minute of every hour of every day because they "care" when in reality they're just sitting there laughing at the fact people are still buying cash cards almost a year after release and after finding out this gen's version was basically a beta. 

25k for a mask is definitely rubbish. The 50k horn I'm okay with surprisingly, probably the only item price I was fine with in the update since it's unique and meant to show off wealth. (It plays as long as you hold the horn down AND it changes speed based on your speed)

You say, "shills" I say people who use common sense.

I certainly don't believe that Rockstar employees are akin to Santa's elves.

But then again, I don't believe that a game structured around moving your way up in a criminal enterprise, you should get everything handed to you on a silver platter.

Can't afford the mask right now? Buy the motherf*cker later. Can't afford the ten car garage/apartment? Buy the bitch when you can afford it.

If people would join a crew, do some missions instead of trolling in free roam...and most important, play the damned game instead of coming here (the forum) to bitch about how expensive sh*t is, they'd have the money to buy what they wanted.
  • DJ Kornphlake and RoyalRedXIII like this

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

While they are over-priced they are easily affordable. You don't have to buy everything at once.

• Miss Malevolent and DJ Kornphlake like this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

the online pricing is quite logical for pretty much all aesthetic extras. Hot pink is expensive because it is eye catching. Certain masks are eye catching and thus expensive aswell. Bikes are very common and nothing special and this is why they are cheap as f*ck. 

get the drill?

• Miss Malevolent, LuapYllier and 33d like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Can't afford the mask right now? Buy the motherf*cker later. Can't afford the ten car garage/apartment? Buy the bitch when you can afford it.

If people would join a crew, do some missions instead of trolling in free roam...and most important, play the damned game instead of coming here (the forum) to bitch about how expensive sh*t is, they'd have the money to buy what they wanted.

-Bill
  • SAVILLAIN likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

Like I said before, an answer I have is shills. Shills who think R* is gonna see their post and smile or some sh*t. They're the ones who think R* sit in their offices all day just busting their asses to make content every second of every minute of every hour of every day because they "care" when in reality they're just sitting there laughing at the fact people are still buying cash cards almost a year after release and after finding out this gen's version was basically a beta. 25k for a mask is definitely rubbish. The 50k horn I'm okay with surprisingly, probably the only item price I was fine with in the update since it's unique and meant to show off wealth. (It plays as long as you hold the horn down AND it changes speed based on your speed)

You say, "shills" I say people who use common sense.I certainly don't believe that Rockstar employees are akin to Santa's elves.But then again, I don't believe that a game structured around moving your way up in a criminal enterprise, you should get everything handed to you on a silver platter.Can't afford the mask right now? Buy the motherf*cker later. Can't afford the ten car garage/apartment? Buy the bitch when you can afford it.If people would join a crew, do some missions instead of trolling in free roam...and most important, play the damned game instead of coming here (the forum) to bitch about how expensive sh*t is, they'd have the money to buy what they wanted.

"No no no! But I want it all right now! I just started playing yesterday, but I want all of the cars and money and guns and I wanna be rank 700 and I wanna blow up people that are better shooters than me with a tank and I want new clothes everyday and new cars and heists and and and more money! So rockstar needs to fix this game and make everything free and stop people from killing me so I can have fun! Right now!"

-general consensus of the minors that play this game.
  • Xyn, RowanSane, Miss Malevolent and 2 others like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

Arguably it gives the game longevity. Would you rather they make everything dirt cheap and own everything in a day?

GTAO would has the potential to be a long lasting experience. Players should be able to appreciate what they put time in to get, but nooo.

Everyone wants everything right now. And then get bored and complain and say "there's not enough content" cause they basically bastardized the experience of ACTUALLY ENJOYING THE PROCESS with glitching or "grinding" to get that "item" or whatever.

Now mind you, they could prolly add more diverse missions, and add just a few new little items here and there More often than they do instead of waiting for big update releases, but geez, the amount of entitlement I keep hearing from people is crazy.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 24 June 2014 - 09:32 PM.

Like I said before, an answer I have is shills. Shills who think R* is gonna see their post and smile or some sh*t. They're the ones who think R* sit in their offices all day just busting their asses to make content every second of every minute of every hour of every day because they "care" when in reality they're just sitting there laughing at the fact people are still buying cash cards almost a year after release and after finding out this gen's version was basically a beta. 25k for a mask is definitely rubbish. The 50k horn I'm okay with surprisingly, probably the only item price I was fine with in the update since it's unique and meant to show off wealth. (It plays as long as you hold the horn down AND it changes speed based on your speed)

You say, "shills" I say people who use common sense.I certainly don't believe that Rockstar employees are akin to Santa's elves.But then again, I don't believe that a game structured around moving your way up in a criminal enterprise, you should get everything handed to you on a silver platter.Can't afford the mask right now? Buy the motherf*cker later. Can't afford the ten car garage/apartment? Buy the bitch when you can afford it.If people would join a crew, do some missions instead of trolling in free roam...and most important, play the damned game instead of coming here (the forum) to bitch about how expensive sh*t is, they'd have the money to buy what they wanted.

"No no no! But I want it all right now! I just started playing yesterday, but I want all of the cars and money and guns and I wanna be rank 700 and I wanna blow up people that are better shooters than me with a tank and I want new clothes everyday and new cars and heists and and and more money! So rockstar needs to fix this game and make everything free and stop people from killing me so I can have fun! Right now!"

I'm all for working towards stuff, but I feel that this isn't the best way to do that.

I'd rather Rockstar give us stuff that feels worth the work.  I mean, ultimately, I really don't care as I think the masks are stupid as f*ck and wouldn't buy one anyways.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

wtf ? what the hell were they thinking ? It's so obvious rockstar wants you to spend real money ._.

I bought every single mask and clothing item on both my characters. Didn't need to spend real money. Just played the game normally.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

I'm all for working towards stuff, but I feel that this isn't the best way to do that.
I'd rather Rockstar give us stuff that feels worth the work.  I mean, ultimately, I really don't care as I think the masks are stupid as f*ck and wouldn't buy one anyways.

That's fine that you feel that way, cause your entitled to your own opinion. But there are plenty of us that do like the masks.

I can only suggest that if you have a serious enough concern about wanting something else, that you send some kind of notification to rockstar voicing your very opinion, so that maybe there's actually a chance that somethin can be done about it for future updates.

statistic
  • statistic

not running for anything.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

GTA $ do not equal real $.  It's pretend money.  I can grind out in one hour what it takes me a year to make in real life, lol.  

I probably spent $500k buying and modding out a f*cking smart car yesterday.  Would I pay that in real life?  uh.... no.  But in a game, it's just fun.  $16k for a roof rack?  uh...  sure why not?  After all it does increase my traction stat.  GTA Logic...

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well this is great, cause you're making the choice NOT to buy something because it's not worth it to you.

But what I'm addressing are the people bitching and moaning about sh*t they supposedly don't want being too expensive. If you weren't going to buy it in the first place, why then do you complain it's too expensive for you to purchase? If the content is, "not worth the price", then it should be a simple choice to bypass that sh*t.

You don't HAVE to buy jack sh*t in this game all save ammo/guns. And even with that you can buy the guns you want...and on ammo tip...run around in a survival/deathmatch and refill the bitches that way if you're that cheap.
  • garyfromscotland and DJ Kornphlake like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

Arguably it gives the game longevity. Would you rather they make everything dirt cheap and own everything in a day?

Unfortunately, for many, the answer is "yes"... That would give them more time to bitch about being bored because they had everything, as opposed to bitching about the prices...

I bought every single mask and clothing item on both my characters. Didn't need to spend real money. Just played the game normally.

Funny how it's usually the glitchers who never seem to have enough money and are also the ones bitching about the prices, being bored and lack of content (ex: Heists), isn't it...?

-Bill

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

Unfortunately, for many, the answer is "yes"... That would give them more time to bitch about being bored because they had everything, as opposed to bitching about the prices...

Funny how it's usually the glitchers who never seem to have enough money and are also the ones bitching about the prices, being bored and lack of content (ex: Heists), isn't it...?-Bill

Lol you are basically saying the same things I addressed in the post you quoted me from :p

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

If you can afford it, play the game until you can or shut up.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by BLeonard, 24 June 2014 - 09:46 PM.

and on ammo tip...run around in a survival/deathmatch and refill the bitches that way if you're that cheap.

You can actually get weapons from survivals for free as well, if you're smart about it...

But, such nonsense would require playing the game as intended... Surely, you see the fatal flaw in your logic here...

Lol you are basically saying the same things I addressed in the post you quoted me from :p

Truth is worth repeating... :)

-Bill
  • Miss Malevolent, DJ Kornphlake and RoyalRedXIII like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 24 June 2014 - 09:51 PM.

GTA $ do not equal real $.  It's pretend money.  I can grind out in one hour what it takes me a year to make in real life, lol.  

I probably spent $500k buying and modding out a f*cking smart car yesterday.  Would I pay that in real life?  uh.... no.  But in a game, it's just fun.  $16k for a roof rack?  uh...  sure why not?  After all it does increase my traction stat.  GTA Logic...

Yeah, last time I checked, the general public seems to think the "smart car" is goofy and stupid (at least in America), yet the panto is the most popular car in the game right now lol.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

this is a forum not a f*cking letter

-your mom

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

@BLeonard @Miss Malevolent

Only thing bout them survivals is that you can only keep the weapons you pick up there until you leave Your session. If you want a weapon permanently you still have to buy it.

And once you reach whatever rank it is that let's you max your ammo carrying capacity to 9999 rounds, the survivals won't let you pick up ammo any more.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

wtf ? what the hell were they thinking ? It's so obvious rockstar wants you to spend real money ._.

Bane-Mask.gif

• Bozzah likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

the online pricing is quite logical for pretty much all aesthetic extras. Hot pink is expensive because it is eye catching. Certain masks are eye catching and thus expensive aswell. Bikes are very common and nothing special and this is why they are cheap as f*ck. 

get the drill?

Yup. Desirability is what increases the price. It matters not what the relative real world prices are. 

• Miss Malevolent and Bozzah like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by BLeonard, 24 June 2014 - 09:58 PM.

this is a forum not a f*cking letter

-your mom

Good thing, too, judging by the lack of capitalization and punctuation in your post...

Also wondering how many accounts my mom has on here... She's replied a lot lately... Oughta look into banning her multiple accounts...

Only thing bout them survivals is that you can only keep the weapons you pick up there until you leave Your session. If you want a weapon permanently you still have to buy it.

Half true, at least in my experience...

Yes, you lose it after leaving the session if you're not at the eligible rank to keep it (ex: 120 for the minigun). But, if you are at the level, haven't bought it yet and get it in a survival, you can keep it... Again, in my experiences, this has been the case.

So, hit rank 120, don't buy the minigun, go into survival, acquire minigun and it's yours to keep... At least that was the case when I acquired the weapons.

-Bill

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

And once you reach whatever rank it is that let's you max your ammo carrying capacity to 9999 rounds, the survivals won't let you pick up ammo any more.

*nod* I know...but damn, if you don't have enough money at that rank to refill your ammo, you're doing it wrong.
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

this is a forum not a f*cking letter -your mom

Good thing, too, judging by the lack of capitalization and punctuation in your post...Also wondering how many accounts my mom has on here... She's replied a lot lately... Oughta look into banning her multiple accounts...

@BLeonard @Miss MalevolentOnly thing bout them survivals is that you can only keep the weapons you pick up there until you leave Your session. If you want a weapon permanently you still have to buy it.

Half true, at least in my experience...Yes, you lose it after leaving the session if you're not at the eligible rank to keep it (ex: 120 for the minigun). But, if you are at the level, haven't bought it yet and get it in a survival, you can keep it... Again, in my experiences, this has been the case.So, hit rank 120, don't buy the minigun, go into survival, acquire minigun and it's yours to keep... At least that was the case when I acquired the weapons.-Bill

Weird things and glitches Have happened in GTAOs past... I won't bother you with an example of a story, but I'll just say that I can believe that happened lol.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

Two other things I'm curious about:

1: Wonder how many of those complaining about a $25k mask had zero problems plopping down $1.5 mil for a tank, $1.75 mil for a buzzard, or both.

2: Wonder if they are complaining about the price of those items being too low... Last I checked, a tank IRL ran around $30 mil or so... Or, are they only complaining about things that they deem "cost too much..."

-Bill

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

@BLeonard @Miss MalevolentOnly thing bout them survivals is that you can only keep the weapons you pick up there until you leave Your session. If you want a weapon permanently you still have to buy it.And once you reach whatever rank it is that let's you max your ammo carrying capacity to 9999 rounds, the survivals won't let you pick up ammo any more.

*nod* I know...but damn, if you don't have enough money at that rank to refill your ammo, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, Ikr? Sadly this me more often than not :/ lol I own most of the cars, clothes and vehicles I want, so all my money really goes to the consumables like ammo, and snacks and whatnot.

Only thing is I like free roam fighting so much, I usually blow all of my money until I'm flat out and don't even have enough for a single sticky bomb.

Then I grind missions for a good while, stock up, and go back at it lol. A terrible cycle.

But, lemme add that I for one dont ever complain about prices -.- it's a game. You play it or don't.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, Ikr? Sadly this me more often than not :/ lol I own most of the cars, clothes and vehicles I want, so all my money really goes to the consumables like ammo, and snacks and whatnot.

Only thing is I like free roam fighting so much, I usually blow all of my money until I'm flat out and don't even have enough for a single sticky bomb.

Then I grind missions for a good while, stock up, and go back at it lol. A terrible cycle.

But, lemme add that I for one dont ever complain about prices -.- it's a game. You play it or don't.

Heh, you sound like one of my crew-mates.

Recently though...and level 203 or 223 he's gotten smarter about managing his money...he's at $400,000 and he said he wanted to do some missions cause he was below his baseline of $500,000. He wanted to get back up to a million so he could do what he loves to do, and that is blow sh*t up.

My baseline is higher...I don't like to be below $15,000,000. But that's the trick...when you reach those milestones...$500,000, 1 million, 2 million, 5 million etc...set your baseline of what you're uncomfortable with going below.

I'm trying to make it back to 20 million, and depending how far into the twenties I get, 20 mill may be my new baseline.
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, Ikr? Sadly this me more often than not :/ lol I own most of the cars, clothes and vehicles I want, so all my money really goes to the consumables like ammo, and snacks and whatnot.Only thing is I like free roam fighting so much, I usually blow all of my money until I'm flat out and don't even have enough for a single sticky bomb.Then I grind missions for a good while, stock up, and go back at it lol. A terrible cycle.But, lemme add that I for one dont ever complain about prices -.- it's a game. You play it or don't.

Heh, you sound like one of my crew-mates.Recently though...and level 203 or 223 he's gotten smarter about managing his money...he's at $400,000 and he said he wanted to do some missions cause he was below his baseline of $500,000. He wanted to get back up to a million so he could do what he loves to do, and that is blow sh*t up.My baseline is higher...I don't like to be below $15,000,000. But that's the trick...when you reach those milestones...$500,000, 1 million, 2 million, 5 million etc...set your baseline of what you're uncomfortable with going below.I'm trying to make it back to 20 million, and depending how far into the twenties I get, 20 mill may be my new baseline.

That was working for me at one point.

After the billionaire days ended, I was set at 1.5 mil. (I didn't get banned cause I only "received" money :p) and easily stayed above 2 mil.
All of the cars, clothes and weapons I was foolish enough not to buy thinking we would have infinite money forever, I had to just work to buy them. no problem.

But then that infernal "high life" update came along and I went and spent $500,000 on the new apartment like a dummy -___- only to find out the inside was still just as dull and lifeless as the old apts. after buying other stuff from the update, I just hit the bottom and never climbed back up lol.

My baseline since said occurrence has been $0 up until now. I think I might have $13 lol.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:03 PM Edited by RowanSane, 24 June 2014 - 11:06 PM.

You know those owl masks are hand made by blind Tibetan rugby players, right? Using only feathers from the endangered kakapo? I think its Tibet...

Do you know how much it costs in food alone to raise foxes and cats with heads that big? The racoon, ok, that's a rip off...

Its bling, people. Like racing yellow metallic with a salmon pearl. When its time to mask up for a heist and I pull out my basic pig and you pull out your grey cat.....I'm gonna be like damn this guy pimpin!* Its the reason I own a vestra.

Pro tip: potshot x3. Level 24 or so. Congratulations you have earned enough for a mask in 12 minutes or less...

*I won't be, actually. But that's the idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users