Photo

Bravado Duneloader Appreciation Thread

56 replies to this topic
sparky66
  • sparky66

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:20 AM Edited by sparky66, 24 October 2014 - 06:26 AM.

I like the Duneloader but the rust puts me off owning one. I also think it would look better with a tailgate back to the pickup bed.

I have also noticed a glitch on the front of it. Look closely at the chassis at the front under the two plastic bumpers, either side of the metal protection plate. The chassis has no 'end' modelled so you can see inside it. Moving the camera left and right makes it more obvious. There is also a bracket on the passenger side which supports three small metal bars. This bracket is missing on the driver side so these bars are floating. It's easiest too see if you sit in the drivers seat and zoom right in. I guess it was an oversight on rockstar's part and the model is unfinished in a couple of places. Might explain the lack of a tailgate on the back, but that could also be on purpose. Maybe the next gen Duneloader will be fixed.

I plan to mod the texture when I get the game on PC so I can have a clean Duneloader and also a clean Injection. The Duneloader actually has two textures. Both are similar, but one has a load of dirt on the roof and bonnet and the other just has rust and faded paint.
  • matajuegos01 likes this

goldadderXD
  • goldadderXD

heist runner

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:10 AM

i 0_0.jpg

i have one more garage now :)

• elfoam likes this

asilcenk
  • asilcenk

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:07 AM

Nice. Isn't it?
mr6VbR.jpg

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:33 AM

Can anyone verify if that snorkel actually keeps the truck from drowning in deep water, or am I just dreaming too hard? If this can go into deep water without hydrolocking that would be amazing.

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

I dunno about water but I've had one for agggeess and it's awesome. You don't see many people driving them.

sparky66
  • sparky66

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Can anyone verify if that snorkel actually keeps the truck from drowning in deep water, or am I just dreaming too hard? If this can go into deep water without hydrolocking that would be amazing.

Not sure but someone at rockstar doesn't quite understand the purpose of a snorkel. If you look closely exhaust smoke comes out of it...

scaldy78
  • scaldy78

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

I've got some bookmarked Sandking only races in which at least 2 of them are constant river crossings that only the Sandking should be able to make. I tried my Duneloader last week thinking the same as you, and yes, the Duneloader was able to complete the races :) albeit very slowly lol.

yello cactus
  • yello cactus

I like cactusus and I like the colour yellow

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

Not the best photo, but I use my Duneloader quite often when off-roading.

mili002.jpg

My previous Duneloader (with stuff in the back)

duneloader002.jpg

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by XJpostman, 30 December 2014 - 04:45 PM.

I'm pretty choked that r* changed the exhaust note on new gen. It went from sounding like a badass diesel on ps3 to sounding like a lawn mower. Still got one for my third garage though and love the look.

goldadderXD
  • goldadderXD

heist runner

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

I like the Duneloader but the rust puts me off owning one. I also think it would look better with a tailgate back to the pickup bed.

I have also noticed a glitch on the front of it. Look closely at the chassis at the front under the two plastic bumpers, either side of the metal protection plate. The chassis has no 'end' modelled so you can see inside it. Moving the camera left and right makes it more obvious. There is also a bracket on the passenger side which supports three small metal bars. This bracket is missing on the driver side so these bars are floating. It's easiest too see if you sit in the drivers seat and zoom right in. I guess it was an oversight on rockstar's part and the model is unfinished in a couple of places. Might explain the lack of a tailgate on the back, but that could also be on purpose. Maybe the next gen Duneloader will be fixed.

I plan to mod the texture when I get the game on PC so I can have a clean Duneloader and also a clean Injection. The Duneloader actually has two textures. Both are similar, but one has a load of dirt on the roof and bonnet and the other just has rust and faded paint.

youre sertainly right on the 2 textures

this one is clean compared with my old one :)

0_0.jpg

yello cactus
  • yello cactus

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:48 PM Edited by yello cactus, 01 January 2015 - 10:49 PM.

Can anyone verify if that snorkel actually keeps the truck from drowning in deep water, 

I can verify...it doesn't

duneloader.jpg

duneloader02.jpg

-Morbid-
  • -Morbid-

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

I don't own one anymore, mainly because it is 2WD and has a stupidly small amount of suspension travel. Shame though as from an aesthetic standpoint it is probably one of my top 5 vehicles in the game.

yello cactus
  • yello cactus

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

If they stuck 4wd drive on it, it would be excellent. I don't mind it being slow as long as it can get over the rocks around the coastline.

bigghoss556
  • bigghoss556

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

I would love to see R* put a non-rusty clean 4x4 version in a future update. With a functional snorkel. And lots of custom options like a roll bar and fender delete maybe. maybe even delete the whole bed and make it into a rock crawler.

zzr
  • zzr

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

r4vTc11SHkKruv3gdTG2eA_0_0_small.jpg            

Unfortunately they messed up the sound of this truck on current gen, they took its diesel exhaust note away and made it sound like every other van in Los Santos. Still an awesome truck.  

Frogboy
  • Frogboy

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

I love how this thing drifts when you slam it!

dylanheyes
  • dylanheyes

This is a massive oh cock! - James May

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:34 PM

I called my Duneloader ''The Rustbucket'' I love it too bits :). Kept mine original with the default green and it's unique horn. I also love the engine note. I am usually a snob but when I found this parked up I drove it and fell in love with it. It looks quite military looking in my opinion

Y89Todf.jpg

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:12 PM

That looks...................

Let's just say that looks like a Giantsgiants car

The Bravado Duneloader is a vintage pickup truck found in Grand Theft Auto V. Its colors and wheels can be changed at any LSC. With that said, let's see those Dodge Power Wagons.

I'll start with one I customized:

aQsAdYl.jpg

In his defense I've seen him do some cars some respect where he doesnt flat out butcher it and make it hard to look at. Although sometimes i think he just does this for the reaction. But, This one is pretty hard to look at. But to each their own I guess. More power to him if that's what he likes.

EskotheSkycat
  • EskotheSkycat

Paleto Resident, Car Collector and Joyrider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:52 AM

This thing is so cool. I love mine

Rottieman92
  • Rottieman92

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:04 AM

The only thing stopping me from owning one is the engine sound which just sounds stupid, and the way the gearbox changes, it revs the nuts off the engine for about a minute then it decides to change gear, the same way the semis do it, really puts me off.
  • Randy93 likes this

The Owl Man1999
  • The Owl Man1999

U ɯѺҐʈ m8?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:39 AM

The only thing stopping me from owning one is the engine sound which just sounds stupid, and the way the gearbox changes, it revs the nuts off the engine for about a minute then it decides to change gear, the same way the semis do it, really puts me off.

Unfortunate side effect of Rockstar patching the, Double Clutch/MDSB/Whatever you want to call it. It f*cked over all the big trucks.

EskotheSkycat
  • EskotheSkycat

Paleto Resident, Car Collector and Joyrider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:35 AM

0_0.jpg

Rottieman92
  • Rottieman92

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:02 AM

Unfortunate side effect of Rockstar patching the, Double Clutch/MDSB/Whatever you want to call it. It f*cked over all the big trucks.

Yeah I know Owl its really disappointing, everything on the big trucks is fine except for the at awful gearchange.

goldadderXD
  • goldadderXD

heist runner

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:49 PM Edited by goldadderXD, 07 December 2015 - 06:49 PM.

though the duneloader looks better my guardian does its specialized job better(i only use it when someone is driving in the back and has a heavy machine gun, rpg or minigun equiped

so yea, duneloader got replaced

though, if they ever bring in a faster non rusty version i realy woud be tempted to buy it though :)

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:01 AM

They are dissin' the Duneloader on the other thread, hurts my soul. I love this old POS truck.

If you are on PS4, I've got a locked Duneloader race:
Dirt, Duneloaders, and Sea (PS4) - Race a Duneloader on dirt road, beaches, and highway in North Chumash in a lap race.
2_0.jpg
  • Beez likes this

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:52 PM Edited by BoomBapPoet, 21 April 2016 - 08:58 PM.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:55 AM

I like it, just too bad that this thing is that slow...

(anyway, it appears third in the video)

Music : Godsmack - I Stand Alone

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users