Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did any of you think that option c was a cop out?

46 replies to this topic
TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

All of the endings endings felt like they were written in 5 minutes, but I'd consider C to be the best. Still it feels like after the big score someone in the writing department forgot about the ending and they came up with this on a piece of paper after having a coffee break.

If we take ending C as canon it's arguably the worst ending R* North have ever conceived. The other two are just horrible IMO.
  • fac316 and Misunderstood like this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

i think its the best ending out of all the gta's (i haven't beat vice city and 4 so don't kill me) but it has it's problems like strech he had almost no build up and at first i had no idea why i was killing him. also the villains theirs something wrong when i hate micheals family and trevor more than the villains. i could go on but my post would be to long overall i thought it was a satisfying ending it wasn't amazing but it could be worse.  

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Nah. It was exactly what it should've been. Except, I wish it was kind of tied in with the final "Big Score". 

Like M, F and T having to fend off every single group they wronged (Merryweather, The Chinese, etc...) while sitting on those tons of gold. That would've added tension and more bombastic "coolness" to it. Have your current assigned crew participate in the whole fight, too. Michael, Franklin, Trevor and Packie going through the streets, piling up Merryweather and NOOSE body counts. Would've added a familiar feel (Three Leaf Clover). 

Maybe have a few of the crew members die, too. That never happens, unless you purposely pick all the inept cretins. 

It's a shame that the "inept cretins" died so easily, actually was looking foward to turning some losers like that Michael fanboy, into total badasses. So much for that. 

The only heists that lets you level up a lower gunman are The Bureau Raid (Roof Entry) and the Big Score, I always use Norm on the Buerau to level him up for the Big Score.

gamergirl24
  • gamergirl24

hair dye queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

I thought ending c was perfect! steve, wei, stretch, and devin got what was coming to them! I'd rather hear Michael and trevor bicker over anybody else's bullsh*t anyday.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Spoilers. Michael kills stretch to keep his death clear of franklin and Lamar right?, but when Michael gets there he says something like a message from franklin and Lamar. So that was a mess up from rock star still love the game tho. Any of he notice little things like that

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

I don't understand. How was it a mess up? It was a message from Framklin and Lamar.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Stretch was a sell out anyway. Probably saved the other ballas the trouble of killing him themselves.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

I thought out of all the endings that option c was the worst, there was no emotion no sense of tension. To put it bluntly it was a typical Hollywood ending.

As long as I had the option to keep all three characters, I don't care, which was likely the point of adding it as an option.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

All of the endings endings felt like they were written in 5 minutes, but I'd consider C to be the best. Still it feels like after the big score someone in the writing department forgot about the ending and they came up with this on a piece of paper after having a coffee break.

If we take ending C as canon it's arguably the worst ending R* North have ever conceived. The other two are just horrible IMO.

Hit the nail on the head on so many lvls there.... Its like they spent 5 yrs on everything but litreally 5 hrs on the script writing.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

Hit the nail on the head on so many lvls there.... Its like they spent 5 yrs on everything but litreally 5 hrs on the script writing.

They focussed way too much on Michael and Trevor's part of the story. It had a perfect beginning, okay middle and a dull ending, why didn't Franklin get any screen time for the whole middle, and don't get me started on Tanisha's pointless inclusion...

• Misunderstood likes this

Gameralfa095
  • Gameralfa095

Bang!

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

Gta endings has almost always been happy for the character, well except for TLAD but apart from that they have always been the character achieving his goal and getting rich, now what i don't like is that the main villian didn't have anything personal with Trevor and Franklin and that it doen't have anything to see with Mike and T's past ,what's the point of bringing all their story in if you're only going to bring it out in some missions and forget about it the rest of the game?

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

GTA V - targeted at the Michael Bay demographic

GTA IV - targeted at the Martin Scorcese/Francis Ford Coppola demographic

• TheOtherRyan likes this

MickeyKnox
  • MickeyKnox

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

I feel like it was a rushed scenerio.  However it was the only real option and way to end the story.

Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:26 AM

Yeah they should have made option C kill Franklin. But do you know how much hate rockstar would get if it ended with two Middle Aged white men murdering a black kid lol

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Yeah they should have made option C kill Franklin. But do you know how much hate rockstar would get if it ended with two Middle Aged white men murdering a black kid lol

How? Franklin had the choice and he isn't completely suicidal....

Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Michael and trevor find out Franklin is contemplating killing one of them so they kidnap him and torture him and then trevor shoots him in the head

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

Michael and trevor find out Franklin is contemplating killing one of them so they kidnap him and torture him and then trevor shoots him in the head.

I don't Michael would of even thought about that, Franklin and him were close, Trevor was f**king everything else up though...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users