Photo

Request: Multiplayer Walking

12 replies to this topic
Nurolight
  • Nurolight

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:54 AM Edited by Nurolight, 24 June 2014 - 05:21 AM.

I am hoping someone can either create, or point me in the right direction, for a simple mod - allowing you to walk in multiplayer. I would've assumed there would already be a mapped key to walk (like Alt + W) but sadly, there isn't.

The reason I'm looking for this is because me and a friend have been playing anonymous GTA, turning off all blips and disguising ourselves as pedestrians (with another mod). Its difficult not to know who the other person is, because we're always suspiciously jogging around. Walking would make this must more difficult.

(I'm aware it can be done with a controller, but I'd prefer it without).

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

I am hoping someone can either create, or point me in the right direction, for a simple mod - allowing you to walk in multiplayer. I would've assumed there would already be a mapped key to walk (like Alt + W) but sadly, there isn't.

The reason I'm looking for this is because me and a friend have been playing anonymous GTA, turning off all blips and disguising ourselves as pedestrians (with another mod). Its difficult not to know who the other person is, because we're always suspiciously jogging around. Walking would make this must more difficult.

(I'm aware it can be done with a controller, but I'd prefer it without).

First i was like, just press W to walk.. But now i get your point. It is possible to do that, and not very hard. You just have to stop the jogging animation while Alt is being pressed, and then enable the walk animation. Or something similar like that.

LetsPlayOrDy
  • LetsPlayOrDy

Too fast for ya

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

You may have to set the velocity of the player character too

Wiebrendh
  • Wiebrendh

C# Programmer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

You may have to set the velocity of the player character too

Yeah i forgot that

Nurolight
  • Nurolight

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'm surprised there hasn't been a mod for this already made. From what your saying, it's fairly easy to do and I found a post from 4 years ago asking for similar thing. I guess it's just not a highly sought after mod (it is a very minor thing).

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by LordOfTheBongs, 25 June 2014 - 06:42 PM.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a mod for this already made. From what your saying, it's fairly easy to do and I found a post from 4 years ago asking for similar thing. I guess it's just not a highly sought after mod (it is a very minor thing).

because when u press a key the game will try to play a jogging animation and keep trying to play it... u can stop it but game is just gonna keep trying to play it... r* f'd up or just didn't care... i assume the latter

workaround might be editing some dat file that sets the animations for peds/player... i think i have tried to set the player anim move group by script with the native and it didnt work, that also could be a way is to use different animations and if possible set via script or edit dat

Michael Wojtanis
  • Michael Wojtanis

Rinepim

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by Michael Wojtanis, 25 June 2014 - 07:05 PM.

GTA.Native.Function.Call("MODIFY_CHAR_MOVE_STATE", yourPlayerPedvalue, 0);

GTA.Native.Function.Call("SET_NEXT_DESIRED_MOVE_STATE", 0);

Not tested for player.

SlayerXYZer0
  • SlayerXYZer0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

You have to set your animations from the multiplayer character anims to the default player anims. Use Simple Native Trainer.

Nurolight
  • Nurolight

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Not tested for player.

I have no knowledge on GTA modding outside of OpenIV. Where would this go?

You have to set your animations from the multiplayer character anims to the default player anims. Use Simple Native Trainer.

It's not that the animation for singleplayer is walk and the rest are run (cause otherwise you'd see peds jogging everywhere). Every character animation has a walk, jog and sprint state. My problem is that by default W on multiplayer jumps straight to jog rather than walk. Ideally I'd like some form of native script as me and my friends plan on using this online and it would be easier than having to replace animation files.

LetsPlayOrDy
  • LetsPlayOrDy

Too fast for ya

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:10 PM Edited by LetsPlayOrDy, 26 June 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Not tested for player.

I have no knowledge on GTA modding outside of OpenIV. Where would this go?

It's not that the animation for singleplayer is walk and the rest are run (cause otherwise you'd see peds jogging everywhere). Every character animation has a walk, jog and sprint state. My problem is that by default W on multiplayer jumps straight to jog rather than walk. Ideally I'd like some form of native script as me and my friends plan on using this online and it would be easier than having to replace animation files.

You'd have to create a GTA 4 script, add a keydown or something, then put that code in there. (Requires some knowledge of either C# or VB. Can be done in C++ too.)

If you replaced the animation, it would only change locally, your friend would still see the jogging animation (unless he replaced the animation too).

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 26 June 2014 - 04:29 PM.

Not tested for player.

Nope, doesn't appear to work. I was looking into both the control reading code and some blind scouting around task code for whatever might do this (based on the referenced-around-600-times network game flag); didn't find anything yet, deferred it for a later time.

The new-and-improved control code is also fairly confusing for one used to CPad, sadly. :D

LetsPlayOrDy
  • LetsPlayOrDy

Too fast for ya

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:15 PM Edited by LetsPlayOrDy, 26 June 2014 - 05:17 PM.

Maybe this? SET_CHAR_MOVE_ANIM_SPEED_MULTIPLIER

Or maybe this? SET_DECISION_MAKER_ATTRIBUTE_MOVEMENT_STYLE. I heard DecisionMaker was buggy or something, but I'll throw this out there anyways.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:56 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 26 June 2014 - 05:56 PM.

Maybe this? SET_CHAR_MOVE_ANIM_SPEED_MULTIPLIER

Or maybe this? SET_DECISION_MAKER_ATTRIBUTE_MOVEMENT_STYLE. I heard DecisionMaker was buggy or something, but I'll throw this out there anyways.

nah, it's a specific check in CTaskSimpleMovePlayer; found the check for walking mode, will try to change sprint mode too (as it somehow is still different to the case with a controller/SP) and then make it a server-side toggle in CitizenMP. if OP needs help setting up a server for himself to play on, I'll possibly have time for finally writing up some documentation for that too. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users