Showing off...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic
maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:08 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 June 2014 - 05:09 AM.

YOUR IDEA IS STUPID WE DON'T WANT IT TO WORK, THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM NOT YOUR PERSONAL THINK TANK.

your idea, you improve on it.

Thank You, come again.
  • Xyn, EZza2647 and rickreim like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

YOUR IDEA IS STUPID WE DON'T WANT IT TO WORK, THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM NOT YOUR PERSONAL THINK TANK.

your idea, you improve on it.

Thank You, come again.

Go to the bitch and moan topic.  Not here.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:11 AM

Boring.

Just launch an invite only session and invite your friends and presume your rides....

Besides, your idea's not new and it's easily exploitable.

These two points.

Then racing is useless because you can do it in freemode with friends.  Same with deathmatch.

How does improv racing in FR have anything to do with "your" car show idea (that you basically ripped off from R*'s event weekend streams)...?

"Your" idea is lacking polish, hence why so many people are telling you how glaring the exploits could be if it were ever inanely implemented as you describe...

How does it not? I think the idea in the OP is a good one, and I'd certainly use/play it. His point was very clear. With your argument, you think his idea is not valid because you can do it in free mode. Well, you can play death match in free mode. You can race in free mode. So keeping your argument in mind, we should remove these two modes? Since you can of course do these in free mode.

Why is everyone bashing on this idea? What is wrong with adding more variety? A lot of people clearly like doing things like this. I(and clearly a lot more people, going by the numbers evident by the numerous show off / car picture / rating threads and posts on this forum alone) DO in fact like seeing other peoples cars. A lot of the time, it even inspires the look of my own cars.

If you don't like the idea, then post your constructive criticism or gtfo.

• darkwar854 likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

Boring.

Just launch an invite only session and invite your friends and presume your rides....

Besides, your idea's not new and it's easily exploitable.

These two points.

Then racing is useless because you can do it in freemode with friends.  Same with deathmatch.

How does improv racing in FR have anything to do with "your" car show idea (that you basically ripped off from R*'s event weekend streams)...?

"Your" idea is lacking polish, hence why so many people are telling you how glaring the exploits could be if it were ever inanely implemented as you describe...

How does it not? I think the idea in the OP is a good one, and I'd certainly use/play it. His point was very clear. With your argument, you think his idea is not valid because you can do it in free mode. Well, you can play death match in free mode. You can race in free mode. So keeping your argument in mind, we should remove these two modes? Since you can of course do these in free mode.

Why is everyone bashing on this idea? What is wrong with adding more variety? A lot of people clearly like doing things like this. I(and clearly a lot more people, going by the numbers evident by the numerous show off / car picture / rating threads and posts on this forum alone) DO in fact like seeing other peoples cars. A lot of the time, it even inspires the look of my own cars.

If you don't like the idea, then post your constructive criticism or gtfo.

Thank you!  I was expecting people to be useful and discuss how it would work.  Not argue that it's bad.  That you can do in the bitch and moan thread.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:15 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 June 2014 - 05:16 AM.

"Are you a child? Are all of you children? This is the most childish bitch fest I've seen in ages. UNH YOU FIRST!!! FOAD."

we are so childish you felt right at home to go and post your childish cliché post.

same goes for the OP

you don't just redirect others to the Bitch & Moan thread, not when you're darkwar and that's your whole post history.

your threads always belly flop, go figure...

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

"Are you a child? Are all of you children? This is the most childish bitch fest I've seen in ages. UNH YOU FIRST!!! FOAD." we are so childish you felt right at home to go and post your childish cliché post. same goes for the OP you don't just redirect others to the Bitch & Moan thread, not when you're darkwar and that's your whole post history. your threads always belly flop, go figure...

And they are a belly flop because of people like you who instead of participate in a discussion, argue how it's a horrible idea and it would be the end of the world if there is a car show.  Seriously, we don't need you here.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

Your suggested payouts might be too high - I certainly can't see r* wanting to hand out big cash for standing around looking at cars...

Exploitation could be minimised with a forced duration. What if each show had to take 20 minutes?

I assume this would be a separate lobby thing? Invite/join like other activities? I doubt I'd take part - and bear in mind I say that as commissioner in a crew devoted to car meets/cruises.

Ultimately though, if you ask people what they think and they say they don't like it don't get into a slap fight with them. It just derails your own topic...

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

Thugged out. Pissed off

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:24 AM

idk man, it sounds kinda lame :/
i mean, if they had car shows now and again, it would be fine, but if people could do a 3 minute car show to get some quick grip, then what would be the point of doing anything else? we need more fun cooperative stuff to do, but im not sure if car shows are at the top of the list, but hey, if someone else likes it, amd it doesnt really affect anything negatively, then i wouldnt mind it.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

Your suggested payouts might be too high - I certainly can't see r* wanting to hand out big cash for standing around looking at cars...

Exploitation could be minimised with a forced duration. What if each show had to take 20 minutes?

I assume this would be a separate lobby thing? Invite/join like other activities? I doubt I'd take part - and bear in mind I say that as commissioner in a crew devoted to car meets/cruises.

Ultimately though, if you ask people what they think and they say they don't like it don't get into a slap fight with them. It just derails your own topic...

I can see the exploitation, but 20 minutes is quite a bit for 30 seconds of work.  You know?  Instead, it could just be a social club feature similar to MCLA like another user suggested.  And you could have a set price for your cars, and then you would get money for each one that was sold.  Then your friends can get them and it would be like giving them your car.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:30 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 June 2014 - 05:30 AM.

people have been having car shows without needing a special mode or payouts therefore OP's argument point is moot.

OP just likes to be rewarded and having people agree him for nothing.

Bitch and Moan thread is to complain about stuff actually in game.

sugestions get debated on the thread they are sugested in.
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:32 AM

people have been having car shows without needing a special mode or payouts therefore OP's argument point is moot.

Yep, my idea is good and you just like to spam and argue.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

I don't see the problem with it? You're rewarded good sport $ for doing literally nothing in the game. And you have a problem with this? Why don't you just leave this thread. We get that you don't like the idea. You're not contributing anything right now.

• darkwar854 likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

I don't see the problem with it? You're rewarded good sport $ for doing literally nothing in the game. And you have a problem with this? Why don't you just leave this thread. We get that you don't like the idea. You're not contributing anything right now.

I'm confused at why people have an issue with this idea at all.  It affects you in no way whatsoever.  Now if it was something like buffing tanks, then yes, I can see why you would have an issue with that.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:39 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 June 2014 - 05:39 AM.

"Why don't you just leave this thread."

i would but you and the OP's bickering effectively summon me back.

it's not that i don't like the idea, it's not even an idea, OP's going back and forth about money.

Why don't you just ignore my input?

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

Ok, ignoring the spammer, my idea could work, but the issue is stopping it from being grinded.  If it rewards no money, then barely anyone would play it.  How do you think it could work?  Only give half the amount of money?  Takes 5 minutes?

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

I can see the exploitation, but 20 minutes is quite a bit for 30 seconds of work.  You know?  Instead, it could just be a social club feature similar to MCLA like another user suggested.  And you could have a set price for your cars, and then you would get money for each one that was sold.  Then your friends can get them and it would be like giving them your car.
I assumed you wanted people to take their time and enjoy looking at the cars? Certainly $4000 seems like far too much to be given for 30 seconds "work". 20 minutes might be too long, you get about $5k for a solo 4 minute race so maybe 5 minutes as a minimum. Honestly 10 seems better to me. I only played the very first mc so I can't comment on that, but selling cars (for set prices) seems plausible. Do you imagine the seller making a loss (in which case why do it?) or a profit? If a profit, why would I buy yours instead of modding my own? I'm not writing your idea off, but pointing out potential hurdles to consider...

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:45 AM Edited by CReaper210, 24 June 2014 - 05:46 AM.

"Why don't you just leave this thread."

i would but you and the OP's bickering effectively summon me back.

it's not that i don't like the idea, it's not even an idea, OP's going back and forth about money.

Why don't you just ignore my input?

What? No he's not. He was listing a potential reward for the small feature/mode, which I have no issue with at all.

YOU are complaining about the money.

Don't bother replying to threads just to bash other people/ideas.

Perhaps if you had some constructive criticism on how to improve this idea, or explain why it would never work. But right now, you're posts are annoying and pointless, with no contribution to the thread at all. Just go away.

I assumed you wanted people to take their time and enjoy looking at the cars? Certainly $4000 seems like far too much to be given for 30 seconds "work". 20 minutes might be too long, you get about $5k for a solo 4 minute race so maybe 5 minutes as a minimum. Honestly 10 seems better to me. I only played the very first mc so I can't comment on that, but selling cars (for set prices) seems plausible. Do you imagine the seller making a loss (in which case why do it?) or a profit? If a profit, why would I buy yours instead of modding my own? I'm not writing your idea off, but pointing out potential hurdles to consider...

I agree with this. There are of course some things that need to be polished/changed in the OP.

But the feature itself is something that I think would be cool to see. I'm just remembering all the fun I had using Rate my Ride in Midnight Club with this idea.

• darkwar854 likes this

DJ_Vejeejee
  • DJ_Vejeejee

Crackhead

• Members
  • Cayman-Islands

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:50 AM

whaaaaa fantastic idea. 

must happen.

owners get at least 25.000$  because the event must attract a crowd and then its gonna be a big deal in GTA ONLINE. and the voters get at least 5000$ lower and they wont come to the car show. 

And these car shows should be held at different places on the map so u dont have to go to the same place again and again.

oke Cockstar. Hope u get this topic. NOw go to work, im waiting .. tik tak tik tak              hurry !! im dyingg here .. slowly   I wanna play I wanna go to a carshow

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

Well, if the car is worth like $50,000 stock, then is tuned to get a value of $100,000, I would imagine that the seller would have to set a price below $100k, but above $50k.  Because in MCLA, you could sell your car, but you are actually selling a "replica".  You get to keep your own car.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

Well, if the car is worth like $50,000 stock, then is tuned to get a value of $100,000, I would imagine that the seller would have to set a price below $100k, but above $50k.  Because in MCLA, you could sell your car, but you are actually selling a "replica".  You get to keep your own car.

And because of that, the seller always gets just $10k for it, if I remember correctly.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

And because of that, the seller always gets just $10k for it, if I remember correctly.

They do?  I thought they got the full amount...  Well, like I said, if you could range your price between the original car cost, and the modded cost, that would be a good price range.  Plus, it would end a lot of the grinding we see now.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

I think Midnight Club LA's thing where you could upload a car and get it rated would probably be what R* would go with.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:57 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 June 2014 - 06:02 AM.

" If it rewards no money, then barely anyone would play it. "

go figure why car meets are the most popular thread type in the Find a Lobby & Meetups if you think players need a pay to do everything.

if your idea went ahead i could see car meet fans complain that people are on it just for money.

you underestimate the need we have to have others play along because they want to, not just because it gets them something.

darkwar shifts opinion like the wind going as far as to contradict himself, his post history proves it.

and the fact you're all debating how much money you want it to pay is proof enough you guys don't really care about showing off cars.

this is a "i want money" thread

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

I think Midnight Club LA's thing where you could upload a car and get it rated would probably be what R* would go with.

Yeah, I changed the topic a bit to reflect on that.  It would be better.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:03 AM Edited by CReaper210, 24 June 2014 - 06:03 AM.

go figure why car meets are the most popular thread type in the Find a Lobby & Meetups if you think players need a pay to do everything.

This is exactly why we want this feature.

if your idea went ahead i could see car meet fans complain that people are on it just for money.

People do that now(with other jobs) We shouldn't refuse features/modes because of whiners.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

This is exactly why we want this feature.

People do that now(with other jobs) We shouldn't refuse features/modes because of whiners.

Yes!  It's better to have more ways of making money in this game than having a bunch of unplayed features, and only one way of making decent money.

Zhake
  • Zhake

I own LSPD tint in the regular Pistol and looks gr8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

OP's logic is like:

If you don't like my sick motherf*cking ideas, then you don't want a new feature and you're a grinder who only RR all day.

This is a forum, man. You should come here to share and take ideas, but no, you only come here to say that you're the voice of the reason and if we don't like your ideas then you're in the right to attack people. Oh, but when someone post something that you don't like then you can sh*t in them without arguments, that's why you're a hypocrite. There's a lot of AlexSniperBullet in here...

Don't come to a forum with a closed mind.

• Xyn, EZza2647, maybeanotherone and 1 other like this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:13 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 June 2014 - 06:14 AM.

GTA is a video game not your day job and R* is not forcing you to buy everything right away.

but thank's for coming out and admiting this is about money, thought you guys were ignoring me but guess i struck a nerve.

if it's about money mind i redirect you to you know where?

yeah, that thread exactly...

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

OP's logic is like:

If you don't like my sick motherf*cking ideas, then you don't want a new feature and you're a grinder who only RR all day.

This is a forum, man. You should come here to share and take ideas, but no, you only come here to say that you're the voice of the reason and if we don't like your ideas then you're in the right to attack people. Oh, but when someone post something that you don't like then you can sh*t in them without arguments, that's why you're a hypocrite. There's a lot of AlexSniperBullet in here...

Don't come to a forum with a closed mind.

Nope.  What's so bad about my idea?  Is it affecting your game at all?  No because you won't use it, Is it ruining the game at all?  No because it's just another feature.  And FYI, you are a hypocrite because we do come here to discuss ideas.  It's not my fault that you and all the people who liked your post derail this topic for no reason.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

What do you think?

I think:

1) This could have easily gone in a wishlist or general discussion thread.
2) You need to learn to take criticism of your ideas without throwing your toys out of the pram.
3) You also need to not to report people for "spam" purely for disagreeing with you.
  • Brock Elvis, Drunken Cowboy and RoyalRedXIII like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users