mission spawn locations

42 replies to this topic
ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:53 AM

Missions launched from the map will still spawn you in the correct location.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

DUH! That's because the blue circle is the start point, you still have to get back there everytime  

ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

DUH! That's because the blue circle is the start point, you still have to get back there everytime  

No, highlight it on the map from the start menu and hit square to launch the mission. 

• ~TKP~ likes this

VictinisRage
  • VictinisRage

Anti_Hero

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

Such a life not being able to drive somewhere, they might aswell take all the cars outta gta so you can "SPAWN OH SPAWN" at the location. some people just wanna grind so bad they waste time trying to figure out how to grind faster. driving is fun and it is like the main key to gta. enjoy it.

THIS.

This is the reason I start at Sandy Shores when ever I host any mission.

Well....apart from Extraction, since my team ALWAYS ignores the Jets when I'm screaming into the mic "GET THE DAMN JETS YOU PLEBS!"

>_>

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:23 AM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 24 June 2014 - 11:24 AM.

I think they switched it back to NOT warping you to the mission start point because people were
using it as a way to warp across the map from location to location quickly and as a method of
outwitting a bounty hunter.

However as ever there is very little consistency to it!

The common missions from your phone usually it will start you from where you are on the map
but some of them it will still warp you when you get into the actual mission.

Classic examples where you still warp are Out of Court Settlement, Trash Talk, GTA Today etc
and the Non Contact Missions such as Coveted, Coasting etc.

My example here is Trash Talk, I usually always start this near to where your Buzzard spawns
at Vesucci Beach and I get warped up to Martin's house and have to then drive back to where
my car and my buzzard to continue.

I personally prefer the driving to missions but I think the starting at the mission location
way has to be reinstated as you can't have one method for phone jobs and non phone jobs.
  • Jobbo likes this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

It's not about driving to start the mission its driving every time you replay the mission.  Mixed up with coke I always end up in Del Poro and have to drive back to replay

It's another anti grinding nerf, which is why this became my favorite mission

It's called "Franklin needs a New Car"

0_0_1.jpg

I've been grinding legit cash since the money reset, but I'm seriously considering saying f*ck it and going back to glitching lately. RR is still easy, but it's f*cking annoying to have to drive all the way back every time. ...not to mention I can't start any missions I had bookmarked from the start menu or it freezes every time, and I have to back ojt of online.

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

I remember someone saying it's just Martin's missions that don't warp you to the location, a bug of 1.13.

philmceagles
  • philmceagles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

Rockstar wants you to goto a mission with effort and i personally like driving to destinations, it adds a bit of adventure to it all.

Are you a R* yes man or what?,Your dubious comments make no sense, it's like you are only on this forum to post your dopey rebuttals. I am not talking about grinding. I enjoy driving like every one else just not 5 miles to start a mission.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

It's not about driving to start the mission its driving every time you replay the mission.  Mixed up with coke I always end up in Del Poro and have to drive back to replay

0_0_1.jpg

I've been grinding legit cash since the money reset, but I'm seriously considering saying f*ck it and going back to glitching lately. RR is still easy, but it's f*cking annoying to have to drive all the way back every time. ...not to mention I can't start any missions I had bookmarked from the start menu or it freezes every time, and I have to back ojt of online.

Launching the mission from Martin's driveway will start you at the parking garage.

• Mottershead likes this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

0_0_1.jpg

Launching the mission from Martin's driveway will start you at the parking garage.

Launching the mission from the start menu freezes the game for me. Every single time.  Have to go to the marker to start it. 
All other missions that actually work from the start menu launch from wherever I am when I launch them.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Just fail the mission and quick restart, your new spawn will be in the parking lot.

Yes but you still have to drive there the first time or do you blow yourself up where you initially spawn twice, even so it is dumb

Rockstar wants you to goto a mission with effort and i personally like driving to destinations, it adds a bit of adventure to it all.

What adventure do you get driving 5 or 6 miles to start a mission? It just adds time to play and play another mission

Well i think that killing myself 2 times rather than driving all the way to the parking lot is better, so i think i'm dumb.

I never impied you were dumb Mikelo I think your suggestion is a good way around it :)

Oh ok it's fine bro.

P-loss
  • P-loss

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Everyone sees just the bad things, and i think the best parts are for example, that you can choose now your locations, and that helps if you want a tank or any pegasus vehicle for certain missions, other its that if you are in other cars, even the cop cars;except bigger trucks or special vehicles. Well you are going to appear with that car in the mission XD, so its like a boos taking my crew members in FBI cars XD.

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:28 PM Edited by hotrats773, 25 June 2014 - 11:28 PM.

I don't care too much about spawning 5 miles away. It's the spawning with my car 5 miles away from ME. This happens a lot more now than it used to so I'm not sure what update messed it up. Using RR as an example, if I join a mission while parked in my car, my car stays right where it is and my character is spawned to the starting point. Thanks a f*cken lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users