mission spawn locations

42 replies to this topic
philmceagles
  • philmceagles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hello. almost 90% of the missions I play I spawn wherever I start the mission. if I am out at sandy shores and play rooftop rumble that's where I spawn and have to drive from sandy to to start the mission. Pretty much which ever mission I choose I spawn right where I am. Anyone have the same problem? Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

This is how it worked when the game originally launched.  I forget when, I think it was December/January they implemented the system that teleported you to the first objective.  In the last update they switched it back.

It's a design choice.  It's supposed to be doing that.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Bethesda fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

Just fail the mission and quick restart, your new spawn will be in the parking lot.

• DanieljJ, NudasPriest, Sangers and 1 other like this

philmceagles
  • philmceagles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

This is how it worked when the game originally launched.  I forget when, I think it was December/January they implemented the system that teleported you to the first objective.  In the last update they switched it back.

Thanks for the reply but that is just crazy, driving over 5 miles to start a mission? I think it's rediculous and should be fixed, what is R* thinking?

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Rockstar wants you to goto a mission with effort and i personally like driving to destinations, it adds a bit of adventure to it all.

• Grimase, TomKongPhooey and hentai_posse like this

philmceagles
  • philmceagles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Just fail the mission and quick restart, your new spawn will be in the parking lot.

Yes but you still have to drive there the first time or do you blow yourself up where you initially spawn twice, even so it is dumb

Rockstar wants you to goto a mission with effort and i personally like driving to destinations, it adds a bit of adventure to it all.

What adventure do you get driving 5 or 6 miles to start a mission? It just adds time to play and play another mission

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for the reply but that is just crazy, driving over 5 miles to start a mission? I think it's rediculous and should be fixed, what is R* thinking?
the txt message indicates how far away the mission start point is so you can choose not to if you think it's too far away.

They did this because it keeps the suspension of disbelief better than answering a text and teleporting.

Ten patches later this idea is all f*cked up...
  • NudasPriest and Sangers like this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Bethesda fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by Mikelo, 23 June 2014 - 10:41 PM.

Yes but you still have to drive there the first time or do you blow yourself up where you initially spawn twice, even so it is dumb

What adventure do you get driving 5 or 6 miles to start a mission? It just adds time to play and play another mission

Well i think that killing myself 2 times rather than driving all the way to the parking lot is better, so i think i'm dumb.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

If you start jobs from the start menu you spawn in the correct location for the job.

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Because...

Cash Cards.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

I like it.

philmceagles
  • philmceagles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

If you start jobs from the start menu you spawn in the correct location for the job.

What do you mean by the start menu?

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by reform, 23 June 2014 - 10:47 PM.

I believe he's talking about the menu when you press "start".

• b0ppa, Sangers and TomKongPhooey like this

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Its intentionally like that so you cant grind it as fast.

philmceagles
  • philmceagles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Well i think that killing myself 2 times rather than driving all the way to the parking lot is better, so i think i'm dumb.

I never impied you were dumb Mikelo I think your suggestion is a good way around it :)

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, that.  Start your job from that menu instead of getting them on your phone.

philmceagles
  • philmceagles

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Yeah, that.  Start your job from that menu instead of getting them on your phone.

That's what I usually do but it makes no difference

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

That's what I usually do but it makes no difference

Can't help then, I'm afraid.  I always start at the right place for the job when I do that, but have heard that starting from your phone can have different results.

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

I hate this when it was brought in on patch 1.13.    I figured "nah, the community of players won't support this non sense and next month they'll switch it back".    Come 1.14, it's still here.

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

Such a life not being able to drive somewhere, they might aswell take all the cars outta gta so you can "SPAWN OH SPAWN" at the location. some people just wanna grind so bad they waste time trying to figure out how to grind faster. driving is fun and it is like the main key to gta. enjoy it.

• bonedeth667, TomKongPhooey and VictinisRage like this

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

Not everybody is a power player. I prefer the realism in this, plus I enjoy driving on the game. Going to missions feels like something big is going down and no one else on the road knows it. You are driving with a purpose ready to kill some people without remorse because you get paid for it. Immersion is what I look for in games.
Sometimes it is convenient to start at a mission objective when you are stuck up Mt. Chilliad after an invigorating bike ride, but most times I don't mind.
  • reform, bonedeth667 and TomKongPhooey like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:18 AM

Such a life not being able to drive somewhere, they might aswell take all the cars outta gta so you can "SPAWN OH SPAWN" at the location. some people just wanna grind so bad they waste time trying to figure out how to grind faster. driving is fun and it is like the main key to gta. enjoy it.

That's your opinion bud, sometimes we just want to play the goddamn mission as soon as possible. Also driving is not very good, compared to the one in IV.

Evershade
  • Evershade

He Who Sparketh It

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:18 AM

It's a little annoying, but having to drive a couple miles to the job helps to let the ambient track build to a decent crescendo by the time the shooting starts. =D

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Bifta'sRus☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

It's called play the game.

-generic rude commenter

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:40 AM

I'm annoyed with this also. I don't mind it sometimes, especially if I'm alone, but when more people are involved, you get people blowing themselves up so that the lives are all used up by the time you get to the mission. I don't think this was just a change to try to stop the grinding, I think it is also so that you actually get to drive your car(s) for more than two minutes. I don't usually take out my vehicles in open free modes because someone is always going to try to blow them up. Again, it's annoying but has its good sides.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

The spawns are so erratic that I really think the reversion after 1.13 was unintentional.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:01 AM Edited by Filip454, 24 June 2014 - 02:01 AM.

Lol there's always one "mule player" that will deliver the package.

I always stay near the rooftop rumble spawn, start it again and my "mule" comes to my session (usually lvl 50-75) - and I just kill the enemies and do nothing except staying after killing enemies.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

Hello. almost 90% of the missions I play I spawn wherever I start the mission. if I am out at sandy shores and play rooftop rumble that's where I spawn and have to drive from sandy to to start the mission. Pretty much which ever mission I choose I spawn right where I am. Anyone have the same problem? Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help

Yep, I hate this, before the High Life Update, you spawned within the mission area.

Now you have to walk / drive everywhere, hence R* putting in that "Mysterious" Karin Asterope or random car after passing a mission to give you an incentive to keep playing. 

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

The worst thing about it is not knowing where you're going to start from when accepting a mission invite.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

It's not about driving to start the mission its driving every time you replay the mission.  Mixed up with coke I always end up in Del Poro and have to drive back to replay

It's another anti grinding nerf, which is why this became my favorite mission

It's called "Franklin needs a New Car"

0_0_1.jpg

• Mr. Crowley likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users