Quantcast

» «
Photo

Whats the best & worst movie you ve seen so far in 2014?

23 replies to this topic
LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

What's the best & worst movie you've seen in 2014 so far?

[ SPOILERS ]

Worst - Godzilla

I went in with high expectations but damn what a letdown this movie was.
The trailer is probably one of the most well done trailer ever made that makes you think
" wow this is gonna be so epic & there is no way this movie will be a letdown "
but like srsly. Also the trailer is hella misleading, it makes you think
Godzilla is the actual threat, but no it's the Mutos. Ye, those are gonna send
us back to stone age. -.-
Mutos got more screen time than Godzilla. They probably should have just
called this movie Muto.
The first half is a bore fest. In fact, things don't really pick up until about 90 minutes in. Every time you think a fight is going to happen the movie just cuts to something else. I was astounded.
It wasn't even the lack of Godzilla fighting that made this movie boring to watch, it was the lack of Godzilla doing anything at all. 

If you like drama + alot of side stories and 5 minutes of action then this is the right movie for you!
Ye, I am kinda angry now since I am a huge Godzilla fan, but this movie was a huge disappointment.
The biggest disappointment I have seen so far this year.
What was the director thinking while making this movie?

Best - Edge of Tomorrow

I went in with low expectations and came out speechless.
Hell I am not a Tom Cruise fan and tbh I don't like his movies at all, but
this movie was so good - words can't even describe how epic this movie is.
You have to see it to know what's up lol.
No srsly, in case you haven't seen it yet, go and see it!
The trailer was kinda " ye hm looks like a decent movie with some cool special effects and explosions "
but it's so much better than this. 

I don't wanna spoil anything here lol, just go and see it yourself.
For me this is not only the best movie of 2014 so far, but one of the top 10 movies I have seen all time.

IMO
  • Xyn likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

The only new movie I've seen this year is Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It didn't disappoint, so I will confidently say that's my best this year so far. :p

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

Just to clarify, do these have to be new cinema/DVD releases, or just the films I've watched in 2014 so far? Since, I've watched plenty of films this year, but none of them are all that new.

Will save my post until I know for sure. (:

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

The only movie i've seen in 2014 is Rise of an Empire, and its not bad at all. not good as the first one. and the fighting seemed a little too cinematic for my liking with lots of slow motion. but other than that its definitely worth the watch.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

Haha, I've also only seen 1 new movie so far this year, and that was Godzilla. I loved it!

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Best so far was definitely Filth, as for worst, none really, I tend to stay away from what looks to be crap. But Dom Hemingway was somewhat disappointing.

• Ziggy455 likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

I've only seen about 9 or 10 movies this year with most of them being Harry Potter because I had nothing better to do.

Best: Honestly I'd say all the HP movies. Sure some aren't as good as each other but because of the way it is I kinda consider the movies as one big 19 hour (20 if you round it) movie.

Worst: Considering I haven't watch any other non HP related movies. Gravity.

By no means is it a bad movie but it was pretty short. Not to mention there were some questionable scenes.

This brings up a few of them.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:56 AM

Best: 22 Jump Street

Worst: Enemy

Xyn
  • Xyn

Mønø

• The Yardies
  • Mexico

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

Best: Edge Of Tomorrow

Worst: Godzilla.

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

The best: edge of tomorrow. Great story and great humor.

Worst movie is either godzilla for having the most boring and useless main character of all time or the amazing spiderman 2 for being too big of a movie yet manage to feel like it went no where.

Its a shame i liked the amazing spiderman 1 and thought a guy with the last name webb would give us the best spiderman since sam raimi's spiderman 2
  • Ziggy455 likes this

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

I only seen The Amazing Spider-Man, but I loved it alot.

krashr
  • krashr

the freshmaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

the best for me so far this year is a toss up between edge of tomorrow and 22 jump street.

edge of tomorrow because i had extremely low expectations for various reasons and i ended up really liking it, despite some plot holes and tom cruise.

22 jump street because i was hoping it would be funny and it ended up being soooo funny.. not everyone's type of humour, but i laughed my ass off.

worst i would have to say maleficent.

some good visuals and she does look cool when she is younger with wings, but as far as the storyline goes, i felt it was a very poor effort for what was potentially good material to work with

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

Best:  Edge of Tomorrow, it being a near masterpiece.

Worst:  I haven't seen a bad movie in theaters since New Years Eve, and it wasn't even my choice to see that.  I don't waste money.  I always research movie reviews and such, especially with Rotten Tomatoes.  So instead I would say my least favorite movie of 2014 so far has to be Amazing Spiderman 2?  It was still an amazing movie, just out of what I've seen so far, I enjoyed it the least.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

New worst movie of 2014 for me.

Goodbye World.

If I could tell you how bad it is I would but words can not explain how bad it is.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

I've only seen a few, so most likely I put The Amazing Spider-Man 2 out of pure fanboyishness. 

Worst movie of the year? The Fault in Our Stars. A decent adaptation of the book, but bogged down way too much like many similar teensy, lovey things. 

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

BEST: Edge of Tomorrow, went in with an expectation to see a movie with a good story and be ok with it because Sci Fi Tom cruise, but was completely blown away by Emily blunt and Tom cruise and the amazing plot.

WORST: Transformers 4, too many plotholes and man it seemed ok for a bit but then they fell back to their old ways with big ass explosions. Man was it also a long movie

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

I've only seen a few, so most likely I put The Amazing Spider-Man 2 out of pure fanboyishness. 

Worst movie of the year? The Fault in Our Stars. A decent adaptation of the book, but bogged down way too much like many similar teensy, lovey things. 

Christ all f*cking mighty, a friend of mine can't stop talking about that goddamn book, or the movie. She's obsessed with it and it's not even that good.

• Ziggy455 likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Christ all f*cking mighty, a friend of mine can't stop talking about that goddamn book, or the movie. She's obsessed with it and it's not even that good.

I feel you, brother. I read online somewhere somebody put a status up saying: "I wish I had cancer so I could have a romance like Hazel in The Fault in Our Stars.' I literally lost my sh*t, and locked down my room while I continued to beat the sh*t out of inanimate objects until the rage was abated. 

It seems people will buy anything if you slap cancer and drama into it, while throwing in some hot guy, a cute girl and a relative sort of situation. My God, the books iffy, the movies sh*tty. Yet somehow, somewhere, you'll hear the proverbial dropping of panties over the male love-interest, and you'll then hear a bunch of f*cking moronic girls go on, like they've sat there and read some kind of fable on f*cking Dostoevsky's level. I could sh*t out a similar plot and probably get the same attention for it.

sh*t irritates me beyond comparison!  

• Mr Scratch likes this

ApexReclaimer
  • ApexReclaimer

People like grapes.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by ApexReclaimer, 03 July 2014 - 12:19 AM.

BEST: Transformers: Age of Extinction is by far the best action movie if you are a sucker for VFX action movies! If you go in there expecting a Oscar worthy script then you're stupid, this is one of those movies where you need to shut off your brain, and watch explosions. Anybody who hates it are G1 junkies, hard to please critics, or people who simply go in there wanting to hate the movie after watching it. Amazing Spodurman 2 was also very a touching GREAT movie for Marvel fans.

WORST: Earth to Echo because the entire time I felt like I was watching a bad disney version of ET.

krashr
  • krashr

the freshmaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

changing my worst to transformers 4. oh man so bad

• Ziggy455 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

I haven't seen many 2014 films.

Best- The Raid 2: Berandal, it is my new favourite movie.

Worst- Son of Batman (direct-to-video animated movie) I don't think it was too bad, It was just the one I liked least out of the movies I have seen.

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

I haven't seen many 2014 films.

Best- The Raid 2: Berandal, it is my new favourite movie.

Worst- Son of Batman (direct-to-video animated movie) I don't think it was too bad, It was just the one I liked least out of the movies I have seen.

Same with him, my best is the Raid 2, I actually went out and bought it on blu ray today. Edge of Tomorrow was probably the worst for me, I saw it with my friends family and I dozed off in the middle of it for about 10 minutes and had to keep myself awake for the rest of it.

Arcadax
  • Arcadax

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

The worst would be Old Boy, although I saw it on Netflix and it might be from a year or two ago. What a stupid plot twist. That's enough bullsh*t Spike Lee for me. I can't make a reliable best opinion as the only movie I went to see this year was Robocop but it was really, really good. I just tend to prefer my home theater free of nasty butter smell and ringing smartphones.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

Sabotage, (i only watched it becasue of Arnold) is the worst for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users