Photo

Why can't we use the tanks mounted gun?

45 replies to this topic
boron5
  • boron5

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

What a terrible, awful, very bad, no good thread.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Same as 90% of the other threads.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

Woke up wrong side of bed?

Why not start your very own thread!!?

I promise to contribute if your own topic/thread is NOT terrible, NOT awful, NOT very bad, but yes good thread.

Looking forward to it already.... :)

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow gta players (especially those 25 years old and over) but wasn't it possible to use the machine gun and tank turret at the same time in one of the previous gta games? I mean gta III, vice city or san andreas?... I always found it kind of odd in gta v having a tank with a mg that is unable to fire...

You're thinking of the Scorpion from Halo CE and Halo 2 maybe?

I DON'T recall any MG working with ANY tank on any GTA version.

Why are you telling me?

If you are being "quoted" don't automatically assume I am responding directly to you. In this case I am simply answering to the both of you. But perhaps a little more thought and time you may have realised this already. This time it is you I am responding to, the previous time it was BOTH. Now go and have that warm milk and cookie, you deserve it.

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow gta players (especially those 25 years old and over) but wasn't it possible to use the machine gun and tank turret at the same time in one of the previous gta games? I mean gta III, vice city or san andreas?... I always found it kind of odd in gta v having a tank with a mg that is unable to fire...

Not that I know of. Unless you mean the APC tank from BoGT? Although its been a while since I've played it, I'm pretty sure that didn't have a turret either.

Nope, just a mounted MG I think... ^^

Rocket Skates
  • Rocket Skates

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

I promise to contribute if your own topic/thread is NOT terrible, NOT awful, NOT very bad, but yes good thread.

Why are you telling me?

If you are being "quoted" don't automatically assume I am responding directly to you. In this case I am simply answering to the both of you. But perhaps a little more thought and time you may have realised this already. This time it is you I am responding to, the previous time it was BOTH. Now go and have that warm milk and cookie, you deserve it.

747.gif

boron5
  • boron5

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

I look forward to the guy who has quoted himself three times in his own signature posting in my awesome thread.

• redpoint and RoyalRedXIII like this

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

Could be yes true true... no idea why I got that feeling but yeah I used to play Halo alot back when I had my xbox so my memory could be playing games with me...
  • Rocket Skates likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

Cannon has reload time.

MG unleashes a stream of death while being behind armor.

Not if you requireed operation of the .50 Cal to be done by another player.

Therefore I would argue that the reason that the secondary MG is unusable is because the player that manned that gun would be far more vulnurable to attack than the tank driver.

That's why no one uses the secondary gun onboard a tank in Halo vehiclular combat.
That's probably it, but the option should be there though.   If I want to climb into the top hatch of a tank manning the gun exposing myself as a friend drives around, then that's my choice.   Rockstar shouldn't be making that decision for me.

Lol, what other decisions are they making for you? Giving you a face and making you wear clothes? Are they also making the decision for you to only be human?

Sorry :p just poking fun at the way you phrased your point. No harm intended.

I don't think the MG thing is them making a decision for us, as much as it is just them deciding what THEY want in THEIR game lol.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

What the hell is the point of a second hatch and a machine gun if we can't use it?

Because RockstarGames is taking the fun from us. 

From a fun game they gave us?

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

Couldn't care less if twankers get to bring their boyfriends on board with them to handle their gun. Easy pickins.
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

TheDjsicdog
  • TheDjsicdog

MMC4,GTAP,PJTR, HEARSE SHOP PS3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

Couldn't care less if twankers get to bring their boyfriends on board with them to handle their gun. Easy pickins.

Hahahahha

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

Not that I know of. Unless you mean the APC tank from BoGT? Although its been a while since I've played it, I'm pretty sure that didn't have a turret either.
Nope, just a mounted MG I think... ^^

GTA 2 had a cannon and nothing else, so did GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Advance, LCS, VCS, CTW and V. San Andreas had a riot tank with a water cannon and TBOGT had an APC with explosive rounds

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

Yes.  One of the tanks in a previous game had a functioning MG.  I'm almost sure it was GTA3.  Most of you aren't even old enough to have played it though.

The first thing I thought when I got in the Rhino was, how do I fire the machine gun?

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

FOXHOUND-SFG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Having one douch in a tank is enough for me thanks.

Can do without another guy MG'ing out the top taking the number of douches contained within upto two.

If you want a realistic tank crew, commander, gunner, driver, that's what Battlefield or Project Reality is for.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Think about how many people piss and whine about tanks, now imagine how many more people would cry and fuss if the MG was functional.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Having one douch in a tank is enough for me thanks.

Can do without another guy MG'ing out the top taking the number of douches contained within upto two.

If you want a realistic tank crew, commander, gunner, driver, that's what Battlefield or Project Reality is for.

Having a tank in GTA is realistic as proven by this video...

https://www.youtube....h?v=XnUoUKEIGoo

so realistic......

Think about how many people piss and whine about tanks, now imagine how many more people would cry and fuss if the MG was functional.

I cannot imagine. but it would be fun finding out !!! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users