Why can't we use the tanks mounted gun?

45 replies to this topic
justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Also bugs me to see a mounted gun on the tanks and not be able to use it.   I've tried to get a second player in the top of the tank but it never works, the tank seems 1 player only.    What the hell is the point of a second hatch and a machine gun if we can't use it?

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

What the hell is the point of a second hatch and a machine gun if we can't use it?

Because RockstarGames is taking the fun from us. 

• s13racer316 likes this

drinkduff
  • drinkduff

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Because it would of made more sense not to have a jet firing Tank Shells as "canons" and to have a tank in the game that only shot machine gun rounds.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

They were all going to buckle down and do some coding to make the gun work but then the Housers walked in fresh from Colombia with about two kilos of party powder and a few handles of whiskey so yeah, that night they never finished it. Im sure theyll get around to it sometime.
  • saintsrow, MrcTOtheJ, BOILER. and 2 others like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Because overpowered.
The MG would be deadlier that the cannon.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

MASTER OF IMPROVISATIONAL COMBAT.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

I dont know so I will try to sound cool...kersh kerds? pussy auto aim? tanks? heists? rocky road ice cream?
  • Yura'ndGames likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

Cannon has reload time.
MG unleashes a stream of death while being behind armor.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Same reason why there's a hoook infront of the Sandking and it doesn't work.

Same reason why there are hoodlights on the patriot yet you can't turn them on lol

Keep it going guys

• ashtreylil likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Is this being brought up as a way to make up for the tank nerf >__> hm?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:05 PM Edited by saintsrow, 23 June 2014 - 07:06 PM.

The reason machine guns are not functional on tanks is that just operating the main cannon and moving the tank down the street occupies all of the average twanker's brain cells. :p  Having more controls would cause a twanker mental meltdown.  

This is a limitation of present-generation twankers.  We expect that next-generation twankers will be able to operate machine guns while they are operating the throttle controls, and furthermore, tank turret rotation speed will be increased to 10,000 degrees per second.   :turn:

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:09 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 23 June 2014 - 07:14 PM.

Cannon has reload time.

Not if you requireed operation of the .50 Cal to be done by another player.

Therefore I would argue that the reason that the secondary MG is unusable is because the player that manned that gun would be far more vulnurable to attack than the tank driver.

That's why no one uses the secondary gun onboard a tank in Halo vehiclular combat.

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

Cannon has reload time.

Not if you requireed operation of the .50 Cal to be done by another player.

Therefore I would argue that the reason that the secondary MG is unusable is because the player that manned that gun would be far more vulnurable to attack than the tank driver.

That's why no one uses the secondary gun onboard a tank in Halo vehiclular combat.

That's probably it, but the option should be there though.   If I want to climb into the top hatch of a tank manning the gun exposing myself as a friend drives around, then that's my choice.   Rockstar shouldn't be making that decision for me.

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Should have figured it out by now that some vehicle and aspects to the game rely on style and i would personally rather a tank cannon that an MG.

whats so fun about a tank anyway, its way too easy. 

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

It's bad enough with the turret being fully function, but you want the mounted gun too?

Griefer detected.

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow gta players (especially those 25 years old and over) but wasn't it possible to use the machine gun and tank turret at the same time in one of the previous gta games? I mean gta III, vice city or san andreas?... I always found it kind of odd in gta v having a tank with a mg that is unable to fire...

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Hopefully Helpful

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

It would be really cool to have a friend using the mounted gun. Or if it was possible to park the tank and climb up to use the mounted gun instead of driving the tank and managing the cannon if you're by yourself.

Skylan
  • Skylan

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow gta players (especially those 25 years old and over) but wasn't it possible to use the machine gun and tank turret at the same time in one of the previous gta games? I mean gta III, vice city or san andreas?... I always found it kind of odd in gta v having a tank with a mg that is unable to fire...

Not that I know of. Unless you mean the APC tank from BoGT? Although its been a while since I've played it, I'm pretty sure that didn't have a turret either.

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

It's bad enough with the turret being fully function, but you want the mounted gun too?

Griefer detected.

I rarely use my tank in online free mode, thank you very much.   And the majority of time I do use it, it's hunting for other tanks.   I only really mayhem if friends are over to my place.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

TANKS HAVE A MOUNTED MG..

Just activate the option R* ... OMG...

....& stop these silly theories...

NightProwler
  • NightProwler

Nutter with a heart of gold

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

Most likely because it's like every Rhino in the series. The canon is the wrecking machine. If were able to use the mounted gun,next would be flares,smoke screen,different type of shells....ect. Rockstar will never go for that. Look how long it took for them to change the armor. It would be nice to use but,then we'll say "why can't we remove it from the mount and add it to the weapon wheel".

Nyraider77
  • Nyraider77

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

Damn the cannon ain't enough

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

The trouble with these forums is that I can never tell if people who write posts like this are actually serious or not.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:08 AM

It'll become active one day. This game has huge scope for expansion. It'll probably be actively updated for 5 years, sooner or later the tank will get its gun.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:30 AM Edited by marco-polo, 24 June 2014 - 03:31 AM.

Most likely because it's like every Rhino in the series. The canon is the wrecking machine. If were able to use the mounted gun,next would be flares,smoke screen,different type of shells....ect. Rockstar will never go for that. Look how long it took for them to change the armor. It would be nice to use but,then we'll say "why can't we remove it from the mount and add it to the weapon wheel".

Well that's a pretty poor excuse as to why we can't use something that's already displayed but not available to use..

Forget the smoke and other add-ons, MG and boom stick is all it needs.

s13racer316
  • s13racer316

DRFTSLT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:31 AM Edited by s13racer316, 24 June 2014 - 03:32 AM.

Because overpowered.
The MG would be deadlier that the cannon.

Give it a 250 round drum, a slower rate of fire than the crap mg, have it overheat every 75 consecutive fired rounds, slow reload (show spent drum drop, load new drum, place ammo belt in receiver, ready). There are so many ways to make it not only work but also in a way that won't be over or under powered. Hell, you could even put a 1000 round cap on it. I think all vehicular weapons should have a ammo cap. 50-100 primary rounds and 1000-2000 secondary rounds. Just a brain fart. Excuse me...

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

useless, not like you'd be able to aim right above to the jet who is about to rain death on you. speaking of which. R* took out all the fun of hunting tanks, if you do find one, it's a one hit like everybody else.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

The trouble with these forums is that I can never tell if people who write posts like this are actually serious or not.

I cannot tell if you are serious or not. But its not a problem actually.

If you have difficulties what is serious or not then perhaps you need to adjust your thought process, otherwise you will forever feel confused.

I reiterate, the tank should be capable of supporting 2 players, 1 for the usual main control and the other for the MG.

For a trial period R* should enable this tank with MG to test for gameplay fairness.

CosmoKramer0
  • CosmoKramer0

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

You're thinking of the Scorpion from Halo CE and Halo 2 maybe?

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

I DON'T recall any MG working with ANY tank on any GTA version.

CosmoKramer0
  • CosmoKramer0

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

I DON'T recall any MG working with ANY tank on any GTA version.

Why are you telling me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users