Photo

I'm NOT expecting anything new from the NG version of V

244 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by Sting4S, 29 June 2014 - 06:42 PM.

I can only imagine how angry this place is going to be when the new version releases. :lol: Go on, continue to be overhyped idiots...

Wow, you are very ignorant, nobody here is an idiot for having expectations.

That makes me ignorant? Shut up. A lot of people got their hopes up for V pre-release and look what happened. A lot of people, including me, got disappointed. I learned never to get overhyped for a GTA again but obviously some people just haven't learned. People are expecting more cars, better physics, more interiors and other major stuff. More than likely it won't happen. Disappointment post-release is inevitable and quite frankly it's idiotic to get your hopes up.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

And anybody who keeps saying sh*t like "they showed us more grass, hammerhead sharks, cyotes you're an idiot" so forth. Wow, getting killed by Hammerheads and Cyotes as opposed to Great Whites and Mountain Lions? I guess that's going to add so many hours of new gameplay huh?

Holly hell why do you people even have a brain? Do you even understand what's the reason for this thread and what is being discussed here?

We're not saying there will be Gang(bang) wars, neither more interiors or anything that turns the game into something very different... those might happen but no one is saying it will. The point here is the fact that people still yell that the game is the exact same thing, with just better visuals, in other words another port that converts what runs on old hardware and increases the resolution, textures, fps and amount of assets. That was exactly what IV PC did and have... and that is exactly the same thing that the pessimists or whatever they wanna be called are screaming.

When the facts show that it's nothing like that, it's not just a visuals improvement neither and increment of in-game assets, it's a lot more then that and we know this from a trailer with slightly more then 1 minute.

Now taking into account that we've seen some new/ extra additions it's more then proven that it's not just a port and the additions are quite significant (keep in mind we barely scratched the surface with these few minutes of footage), it's also a fact that the game was so "naked" because of technical limitations, otherwise they would be in the already released version and they seem interested in using all the extra juice they have now. So with this in mind is almost proven that the stupid reason why BS, CB and the hotdog stands were empty was the hardware limitations, I know they aren't that heavy but they had to cut here and there, so they decided if they removed those NPC's and all the code related to it they could get more resources for other things more demanding, in situations like these every MB counts.

So what is being discussed here is the simple fact that the game is not a refurbished LG version, but something with a lot of extra things, things that improve the immersion and consequently the game experience, it's completely ridiculous that in 2014 platforms like PC and CG consoles with the hardware they have, to deliver an empty open world game, if they do/ did that would be just laziness and nothing else.

So if we seen new animals, new NPC's and increased numbers of them, vegetation covering the huge landscape preserving the view in the distance, new light system, new filters and effects without forgetting that it seems that each car was individually modeled to its own brand and HUD style, the way NPC's interact with objects (the NPC that reacts to the big truck something that didn't happen before), along many other things... it's rational to think that this si just the tip of the iceberg.

And in fact it makes more sense to be that way then anything else... they wanna sell the game again not only to new costumers but to the same that already gave them almost 2 billions, so they need to give them strong reasons to spend more money they they spent before instead of moving on to new titles. If they didn't change anything other then graphics the only reason people could have to spend money again is the GTAO, so the SP also needs to have something worthy... for those that already finished the game they need very good reasons to play it all over again and not only for the visuals.

Anyone have the right to his opinion, but don't say things that are more then obvious proven by the facts in front of all of us, thats not a matter of opinion, that is pure ignorance.
  • Cutter De Blanc and BlackScout like this

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by KingGTAV, 29 June 2014 - 10:31 PM.

It is profoundly unfortunate, because until new content / footage is disclosed, the trolling and pessimism will only become more prevalent, and with such pessimism taking precedence here excitement is just going to be curtailed. 

Just like before the PC announcement.

Oh yes, that is very true. I apologize for the state of my previous comment, as it appeared fragmented and incomprehensible. I had to step out at the time, but it was edited and finished. :) I must reiterate what I declared on the 'GTA: V is Coming for Playstation 4, Xbox 360 and PC' thread. I myself, am yearning for that next jolt of anything that will help to better define the New-Gen Variant of Grand Theft Auto: V. My postulation, is that again for myself, the footage served as a sizable teaser.

What I love about Rockstar is how they elect not to pitch the microcosmic details conspicuously, (i.e. the green parking lights warning indicator that is present on Michael's tachometer, and the other realistic indicators that are prominently displayed on the dashboard). Rockstar is imploring that the player delve into the heart of the game, engage in exploration and make that epic discovery themselves. :)

whats_a_username?
  • whats_a_username?

Football aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

<snip>

On CG we will see GTA V 2.0, the way it was meant to be played.
I believe that from the start, GTA V was made to be for next gen.

With this phrase I agree very much, and it just shows how all the pessimists wrong.
And because it's true, I'm sure we're all going to be very surprised by the amount of
improvements and additions that we will see in the coming weeks

GTA V was made to be for next gen - equals -> All the things that were missing, are now in the CG & PC versions.

Your reasoning is flawed.

We don't know why certain things were cut in the previous version.
It could have been limitations for some things. Other things might have just not fit the game or Rockstar executives (the Housers & Leslie) visions of what the game should be.

During the development of games, ideas get tested. Not all these things will make it into the final product. A lot gets cut. Some of the stuff might still have traces in the game files. That doesn't mean it will be used in the future or even ever.
Do you really expect the devs to go through everything to remove every trace in the code or files when they cut a feature for whatever reason?
Ain't nobody got time for that. Specially devs who work on a tight time schedule.

Could cut features return in the new version? Sure, but don't bank on it.
Most, if not all, of the features that were cut will not make it into the new version.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 29 June 2014 - 10:43 PM.

If V was to be a port it would look something like this, with better light but the same in terms of graphics and effects:

As for the high expectations, I would be happy if V was exactly like the already released version but with higher settings and number of NPC's/ cars like IV was, but running smooth and not stressing the machine... everything else they add is just an extra and will be welcome, although they've been showing that they won't do that and actually they can't if they wanna sell the game well again... despite of being a 1 year old game,  they'll make it look like it's brand new, even for the people that already played it.

• BlackScout and Aleph-Zero like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users