Photo

I'm NOT expecting anything new from the NG version of V

244 replies to this topic
Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

I'll be blunt here, people are setting themselves up for way too much hype with the next gen release. We've seen a few new animals in the trailer, and now everyone is expecting sh*t like gang wars, new mission strands, an entirely redone soundtrack and even f*cking jetpacks to eventuate from the next gen release.

But my personal opinion is we'll see nothing more than better graphics, better fps, more populated world, better performance in general, a few new animals and NPCs and whatever DLC Rockstar have given us since 17 September 2013.

Plus think about it, how many multi generation games recently have been released with significant ammounts of new content simply for the version on the newest console? Not too many, if any at all.

At the end of the day I can almost assure you that what you'll be getting Autum this year will be nothing more than a better performing version of the game we've got + a few minor details added in. And, hell, if I do end up being wrong you'll be more satisfied with something better than you expected than something worse than you expected.
  • Fuzzknuckles, Lc gta, Spider-Vice and 41 others like this

jondean31
  • jondean31

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

I agree with this, howeverI'm kind of expecting R* to pull something out the bag to encourage more people to buy it on next gen, not many people will buy it if its just the same game

• Che Guevara_187, ivarblaauw, robban and 2 others like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Nope, you're not the only one. I also can't understand, why people are doing this to themselves. They are all sitting on the edge of the chair, thinking that new Messiah will arrive at fall. The best thing is people who were somewhat disappointed this time, think the new version will fix every issue they found. Sure it will be better version, nicer looking with more fluent gameplay, but no way it will be new game. I seriously don't expect anything bigger than differences between WD on two generations. 

• shadyslady likes this

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by OUTFIT, 23 June 2014 - 02:52 PM.

I'm only hyped because I planned on getting a next gen console soon anyway. It's just a plus that my favorite game will be on it. To me, the graphics are what's significantly new.
  • sabestar, fac316, pilot410 and 2 others like this

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

I agree with you OP. Everyone is acting like this is the next entry in the series and will have a new soundtrack, map, characters, activities, and features. It's gonna look nicer, have some new animals, more peds and traffic, and sh*t I don't know a new weapon if you preorder? It's a re-release not a new release.
  • Big Danny K, GroundZero, LeonTheKiller and 3 others like this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

I agree with this, howeverI'm kind of expecting R* to pull something out the bag to encourage more people to buy it on next gen, not many people will buy it if its just the same game

I think the most Rockstar's going to pull is releasing next-gen exclusive DLC, and even then it's more than likely going to be simply for Online.

Like it or hate it, Rockstar feels the future of GTA is Online. And since there's no clear window for the next installment, Rockstar need a way to keep it going without it dying alongside the PS3/360, and the only means to do that is with a PS4/One/PC release.
  • Big Danny K likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

I completely agree, OP. 

I want there to be tons of new stuff, but I really doubt we'll get much more than smoother performance, better graphics (marginally better, at that) and the few extra animals and denser traffic that we've already seen. 

Frankly, I don't know which magical arsehole people expect this new stuff to be pulled out of. 

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by one55, 23 June 2014 - 04:31 PM.

i'm with you op. i think all we're getting is better graphics/performance and some extra stuff that was cut from the game. i'm talking of things that are already in the game but they just had to cut back on so it'd work on the PS3/360. that's things like wildlife, weather effects, destruction effects, higher density peds and vehicles. all those have been confirmed because the PS4/XB1/PC has much more powerful hardware and can easily handle the extra load.

we won't get things like new interiors (at least not outside missions), better police ai, changed driving physics, gang wars, drug dealing etc. anyone expecting these things is just setting themselves up to be let down. i knew it'd happen as soon as i seen that we'd be getting PS4/XB1 versions. that's what the majority of people on here like to do: set high/unrealistic expectations. then when they aren't met they will start bitching and moaning at rockstar. these people are simply ungrateful assholes. nobody is making you buy the game again so DON'T buy it. if you already got it then trade it in for something new! if you haven't done that already then you don't deserve the right to complain. you've elected to keep the game so STFU and play it.

i do agree that rockstar will have something up their sleeves to tempt people to buy it on PS4/XB1. i don't know what that will be but maybe something exclusive for GTA Online or maybe even timed exclusivity on DLC. Who knows.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by GTA564, 23 June 2014 - 04:57 PM.

I agree with you OP. Everyone is acting like this is the next entry in the series and will have a new soundtrack, map, characters, activities, and features. It's gonna look nicer, have some new animals, more peds and traffic, and sh*t I don't know a new weapon if you preorder? It's a re-release not a new release.

Well I agree with some of what you said, but read the full list of improvements:
  • new wildlife
  • upgraded damage effects
  • upgraded AI
  • upgraded weather
  • finer texture details
  • increased draw distances
  • denser traffic
  • enhanced resolutions
  • an array of new details to discover
Maybe you do not think that's enough improvements, and it's not even all the improvements
But still it convinced me to pre-order the PS4 version, Because all these improvements greatly enhance the game experience
  • StoProGratis, theNGclan, MilezDawg and 2 others like this

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

I agree 100%. It's like before V was released. Too much hype.

• JetsRLove likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:37 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 23 June 2014 - 05:39 PM.

I'm not expecting anything new or major for the re-release either. I'm already having a ton of fun online with friends on PS3. But now with all of the improvements for the game the overall experience will be even better than it currently is. And for that I'm really excited.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:42 PM Edited by sibs44, 23 June 2014 - 05:43 PM.

People are optimistic because of the PC version. NG is just there for more money. Rockstar will never admit it, but they need modders, it keeps the game alive. 

• visionist likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Working hard to maintain my sanity.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

But my personal opinion is we'll see nothing more than better graphics, better fps, more populated world, better performance in general, a few new animals and NPCs and whatever DLC Rockstar have given us since 17 September 2013.

That's all I really wanted the first go around.  V is an excellent game, and I'm still amazed at how they were able to put it onto the current gen platforms, but it all felt like a beta.  Judging by the trailer alone, nighttime is going to be totally different!  Can't Wait R*

• Big Danny K likes this

Che Guevara_187
  • Che Guevara_187

Rebel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:55 PM Edited by burnzy187, 23 June 2014 - 05:56 PM.

who cares if people are hyped , let them be hyped , no doubt GTA V will be the game it was meant to be on PC and next gen 

• Aleph-Zero and capomertadon like this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

All I'm expecting from NG is a prettier version with the DLC already released included and spawning in world at launch, anything else is gravy, I'm buying it again because I'm interested in how Rockstar manage to improve it, not for if they'll add stuff in.

• NYC PATROL and kingcs like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

Totally agree with the topic

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by kingcs, 23 June 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Let people adjust their own expectations. Your personal opinion on what we'll get is enough to get people excited and is all that they want. Some of the things you listed is what people wanted in the first place and is enough for them to cream their pants.
  • Aleph-Zero likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

There will be a cockpit camera.

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yeah I agree with you but if you just take what we now so far as fact,that it`s coming to PC this in itself is enough to jizz over the keyboard.The additions R* are putting into this re-release are of a much higher standard than other companies that do similar and in any event what they don`t add or fix we can using science and PC`s.

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Well I agree with some of what you said, but read the full list of improvements:
  • new wildlife
  • upgraded damage effects
  • upgraded AI
  • upgraded weather
  • finer texture details
  • increased draw distances
  • denser traffic
  • enhanced resolutions
  • an array of new details to discover
Maybe you do not think that's enough improvements, and it's not even all the improvements
But still it convinced me to pre-order the PS4 version, Because all these improvements greatly enhance the game experience

Yeah I've read the list and know what they're adding but most of it is just stuff that makes the game look nicer, I'm talking more about the people that are like "Oh NG version! Stoked for the gang wars, and flights to North Yankton, the increased map size and new arsenal that's going to be added! Rockstar is finally gonna deliver what was promised in trailer 1!" Why are people acting like they aren't releasing what has already been released and doing something new? I'm excited for it and I don't even have a new console or gaming PC, and would love to play it but the investment just isn't worth it right now.
  • visionist and D3ADSH0T like this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by Aleph-Zero, 23 June 2014 - 07:42 PM.

@OP

You're in for some disappointment then :) Because there will be plenty of new stuff to discover as stated by Rockstar themselves. You don't use the word discover for better framerate and resolution.

"and an array of new details to discover."

Then there's the already confirmed video editor for PC and the obvious addition of Independence FM or similar.

I don't know why people make threads just to state their super pessimistic views specially when they're clearly wrong.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

"details" doesn't equate to features or content. "details" could simply mean additions to textures like improved detail on the ground textures more accurately portraying rocks, although the wording does suggest some "content" it's better to be pessimistic and taken by surprise than overhype it and be disappointed.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:47 PM Edited by Aleph-Zero, 23 June 2014 - 07:48 PM.

"details" doesn't equate to features or content. "details" could simply mean additions to textures like improved detail on the ground textures more accurately portraying rocks, although the wording does suggest some "content" it's better to be pessimistic and taken by surprise than overhype it and be disappointed.

Being pessimistic is different of being reasonable. "OH HERE! I CAN SEE A GRAIN OF SAND IN THE SIDEWALK NOW!! f*ckING DISCOVERED THIS sh*t! BETTER GET THE AMERICAN FLAG AND PUT IT THERE!" Makes all the sense.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

details generally is reffered to in the quality of models and textures, not features like cut things.

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:01 PM Edited by weidncol, 23 June 2014 - 08:01 PM.

It's pretty obvious SOME of the cut contnt will be in the game as most of the components needed to have the content is already in the GTA V files. They've had since late 2011 to build from the last-gen console versions, so no reason why the cut content would still be left out. Perhaps R* isn't mentioning it to simply surpise us, who knows. I say let's just all wait until more media is delivered from R* themselves to see what exactly is changed other than graphics.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

+1 to all the aspects of your post.

Euphoria will make people read something into anything these days. 

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm sick of people with big heads posting topics about why everybody is stupid for showing enthusiasm towards something.

Are you an emo?
  • weidncol, kingcs, Aleph-Zero and 1 other like this

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:15 PM Edited by weidncol, 23 June 2014 - 08:15 PM.

Yeah, you pessimstic people just ruin the excitment for everyone. Just let the people by hyped, it's a good thing.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Im only buying this because i fan finally enjoy it on PC. I dont care about "next gen".

I absolutely hate playing on my console. 20-30 FPS, overall low graphics and a controller.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

I think the phrase "an array of new details to discover" can say
  • new Interiors
  • improvement of existing graphical models
  • new character switching transition cut-scenes
  • new things that can be discovered on the sea floor
  • new npc animations