Levelling race wins & losses.

193 replies to this topic
33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

currently at 233 losses and 320 something wins as far as I remember 
back when I played more casually it was 200 losses 150 wins, since I really enjoy racing I just played a lot and I caught up in no time (and overtook) :)

• UniqueAsh likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

Some asshole is in my pool

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

Maybe I should pay someone to lose 216 races but don't return the favour.

Just kidding.

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

Try racing clean racrers(probably a crew for this)...or maybe no contact races?...maybe start a new character and race at lower levels?

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

I race non-contact most of the time. I lead then somehow I lose that lead..

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

if yourgonna loose leave. it doesn't register as a lose

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

if yourgonna loose leave. it doesn't register as a lose

I always exit a race if I know I'm gonna lose despite the bad sport warning but it does count as a loss :/

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:22 AM Edited by jcph3, 24 June 2014 - 05:23 AM.

OP your stats are borderline BS. I don't anyone much above 1:1 seriously. As others have stated if your racing in full fields 8 - 16 (rare now) with contact, your not gonna dominate anywhere.

The high W/L records come from Trading wins, so called "clean racing with friends ( another version of trading wins) quitting races and racing limited fields. (<2 or 3 racers)

Easier now and has been since racing $ and RP were nerfed but I'm still suspicious of stats that high.

a like for the Langley Raptors  :^:

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:28 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 24 June 2014 - 05:35 AM.

Zeus your crew member here i have the same kind of record and i was close to meeting evens two weeks ago. As you may of noticed there are some really good racers in our crew in fact some of the best online so playing against members in the crew will almost always present a bigger loss than win average. What you need to do is find a track you are really good at and make it yours, dominate it so you only lose on the odd occasion, it can be a custom race or R* created. That's what i used to do i had a track which no one could touch me on simply because i new all the little tricks and how to win even if i was last at the start of the race.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Thanks Bhoys.
I've made a race locked to Comets to give people a challenge, crew or not, default weather is rain & traffic on, non-contact. Not one stranger joins my races only crew members & someone will win my race but me. Sadly, the only people who play my content are crew members :( & not strangers & that means there's no way I'll win my own created race :( it's hard to win races because we have elite racers who know what they're doing & I know what I'm doing but I never win when racing with crew members :(
I made a muscle car race for the windy roads of Vinewood Hills, I didn't win that; I made a circuit race for Sports Classics & I didn't win that.
Basically, I've created 5 races & I've never won them lol.

Are you on PSN by any chance? I can invite you to some fun (I hope) races.
Yes I am. Why? Only if you let me win 216 races in a row lol.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:36 AM

OP your stats are borderline BS.

What do you mean?

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

I'm always joining a race, 100% expecting to win by not using brakes on corners (lay off acceleration), but I know for a fact I always lose, f*ck.

Not using your brakes?       :panic:

It works but somehow you'll get passed by someone who used brakes in the same corner -_-

that's because they;re using the brakes
simply put you want to be slow in and fast out of a turn (generally speaking)
xfxn4n.png

This tactic is bullsh*t. It doesn't work.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:33 AM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 24 June 2014 - 07:35 AM.

I'm always joining a race, 100% expecting to win by not using brakes on corners (lay off acceleration), but I know for a fact I always lose, f*ck.

Not using your brakes?       :panic:

It works but somehow you'll get passed by someone who used brakes in the same corner -_-

that's because they;re using the brakes
simply put you want to be slow in and fast out of a turn (generally speaking)
xfxn4n.png

This tactic is bullsh*t. It doesn't work.

and you wonder why you keep losing XD

just keep not using the brakes

do wonder what this thread is good for now though

you're asking for advice and than just stubbornly keep doing what you were doing wrong

• vipprimo likes this

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

When you using this tactic in a contact race, you will be rammed by a 12 year old in his pink/chrome adder with green $-wheels lol

• Horndog_SA likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:18 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 24 June 2014 - 08:19 AM.

Using what tactic exactly? No braking? Contact or non-contact? You'll get passed in both modes..

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:28 AM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 24 June 2014 - 09:36 AM.

When you using this tactic in a contact race, you will be rammed by a 12 year old in his pink/chrome adder with green $-wheels lol

it is indeed a risk you take especially in crowded races

but some1 who corners like that usually crashes bad the next turn, or the turn after that

point is it might get you past one guy but in the end racing is about being the fastest and not braking or slamming into your opponent every chance you get is not the fastest way to go around a track

it's also part of racing, you can't always take the optimal line and sometimes the optimal line isn't even the best

you can block people in turns or cut them off by deviating from it but generally speaking going in wide, braking late before the turn and going for the apex is the best way to take a corner

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

So I'm guessing it's only good to race with less than 6 people? O..... kay...

But I know for a fact I'll still lose that will add more losses, f*ck that!

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Why is nearly everyone on this site an aspiring dirtbag? You can't post innocent topics regarding GTA...on a GTA based website without getting straight up dbag responses.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:37 AM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 24 June 2014 - 09:40 AM.

Why is nearly everyone on this site an aspiring dirtbag? You can't post innocent topics regarding GTA...on a GTA based website without getting straight up dbag responses.

it's the internet, it brings out the best in people

#dirtbag4life

So I'm guessing it's only good to race with less than 6 people? O..... kay...

But I know for a fact I'll still lose that will add more losses, f*ck that!

!!!!USE YOUR BRAKES!!!!

go in wide, brake late, go for apex, accelerate out

it's what all those people beating you are doing.

i'm not really an awesome racer or anything and perform these techniques far from perfect, but even a basic understanding means you will beat most random racers who simply don't do any of this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Looks like I'll be doing that for the next 216 consecutive race wins :^: but that wont happen because that's impossible, f*ck me!

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

It doesn't seem like you're taking in any of the advice given. If you're not happy with your record you need to improve or adapt how you race. I race clean pretty much no matter what, which means my ratio against randoms isn't great. I'm usually good enough to finish in the top half of most races that way, which I'm happy enough with.

In a grid full of PIT-happy morons where I give them room if they're clearly faster and I still get spun out, I just play them at their own game, ruin their race and can often get wins. That's largely because I know when to brake for corners and they clearly don't.

If you refuse to change how you race then expect your record to carry on how it is. If you're determined to improve your record without changing anything then you'll have to find somebody who doesn't mind losing, get cheap wins and bask in the glory of a false W/L ratio.

You can hardly think it unfair that your W/L is where it is. You're the one who got it there after all.

• DriveLikeAViking likes this

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Think of your wins and losses in terms of batting averages.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

More chance of winning races with hosts who are afk :^:

Grabbed 2 wins ;)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

saying its JUST FOR WHINERS is rude and incorrect. It was to eliminate the rubbing is racing mentality that some wish to avoid, if you did your research that is what it clearly says. That is facts and Voodoo is rude and incorrect.

While Vooodu can be a bit blunt and crass about his comments, I assure you he is one of the nicest guys I know. Very care free and probably a bit too passionate about the non contact racing in particular. I assure you he is laughing his ass off behind each post.

What you say is true that they put it in to eliminate the "rubbing is racing" mentality, but waht he says is also true that those complaining all the time about being bashed are the ones that instigated the need to do it. Two ways of looking at the same coin. Heads is heads no matter how you look at it. Rockstar listened and added the feature.
  • vipprimo likes this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by paulmgrath, 24 June 2014 - 11:50 AM.

does OP want to get better at racing or just learn how to get cheap wins, racing afk hosts is just sad

What if you race solo dont that get added to your wins if you're so bothered

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

does OP want to get better at racing or just learn how to get cheap wins, racing afk hosts is just sad

I am a good racer thank you very much, my stats is all I care about, racing afk hosts justs adds wins. It's because fgts turn catch upnon in contact racing. Unrealistic as f*ck!
  • paulmgrath likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

I use this tactic all the time. It works fine. Particularly if your last in the grid, you get to watch the clusterf*ck in the corner and zip right past them on the inside. I don't know how many times I have gone from last to first on Downtown Underground or Cutting Corroners on the first turn and was so gone that even catchup couldn't help them.

ReignMillions
  • ReignMillions

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

To start, my race record is 249W & 464L. I'm quite disappointed by this because it's the only thing in the game I take seriously. Is there a way to go from 249W & 464L to 465W & 464L WITHOUT trading wins? I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who takes racing seriously around here..

By the time Rockstar adds stats for 2nd place, 3rd place finishes ect, that's the day I'll feel better about myself.

No, I'm not trolling, I'm dead serious. I've had enough of losing races.

Mind blowing. I feel trolled now that I've read this thread from page 1 lol

btw no one cares about stats. My racing stats are crap because I always race fast racers and not randoms and I don't care, I know I'm fast.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

To start, my race record is 249W & 464L. I'm quite disappointed by this because it's the only thing in the game I take seriously. Is there a way to go from 249W & 464L to 465W & 464L WITHOUT trading wins? I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who takes racing seriously around here..
By the time Rockstar adds stats for 2nd place, 3rd place finishes ect, that's the day I'll feel better about myself.
No, I'm not trolling, I'm dead serious. I've had enough of losing races.

Mind blowing. I feel trolled now that I've read this thread from page 1 lol

btw no one cares about stats. My racing stats are crap because I always race fast racers and not randoms and I don't care, I know I'm fast.

Lol, you haven't been trolled. Legit thread is legit.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

No. Solo races do not count at all for anything but record times. If they did my total races would be about 1500 higher.

I am a good racer thank you very much, my stats is all I care about, racing afk hosts justs adds wins. It's because fgts turn catch upnon in contact racing. Unrealistic as f*ck!

Only caring about your stats, IMO, is the opposite of being a good racer.

Catchup is the worst feature I have ever seen in a game.
  • vipprimo and paulmgrath like this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

More wins & less losses = good racer.

I'm a good racer but my stats are negative :/

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

The Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

You're looking at the negative. I see a ton of good racers giving positive, tried and tested advice to someone they shouldn't care about because they're passionate about it. This thread has given me hope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users