Photo

Levelling race wins & losses.

193 replies to this topic
Youppi
  • Youppi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

To start, my race record is 249W & 464L. I'm quite disappointed by this because it's the only thing in the game I take seriously. Is there a way to go from 249W & 464L to 465W & 464L WITHOUT trading wins? I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who takes racing seriously around here..
By the time Rockstar adds stats for 2nd place, 3rd place finishes ect, that's the day I'll feel better about myself.
No, I'm not trolling, I'm dead serious. I've had enough of losing races.

If you took it seriously, you wouldn't have this problem.

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

"AKA The Bhoys2011" Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

saying its JUST FOR WHINERS is rude and incorrect. It was to eliminate the “rubbing is racing” mentality that some wish to avoid, if you did your research that is what it clearly says. That is facts and Voodoo is rude and incorrect.

So people didn't whine about getting smashed?  Really?  So that was just all make believe eh?

It is what it is.. People whined non stop and R* catered to them.  If you don't like my choice of words, tuff sh*t buddy.  Deal with it.

Its rude..lmao?  What are you a nun?

Your just not getting it you said R* included non-contact JUST FOR WHINERS maybe they did but is it the correct term to use? No. I have dealt with it and i don't no what your going on about, you get a little help from another trolling f*ck and you think you can carry on with this bullsh*t. Where the f*ck do you think this going just out of curiosity?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

saying its JUST FOR WHINERS is rude and incorrect. It was to eliminate the “rubbing is racing” mentality that some wish to avoid, if you did your research that is what it clearly says. That is facts and Voodoo is rude and incorrect.

taking offense to being called a whiner is being a sensitive little bitch

sure it's rude, this is the internet, what else is new

all he meant to say was that R* only added non-contact after a group of players requested for it multiple times

his choice for the word whiner could have to do with a dislike for non contact in general

or perhaps by the way that many people chose to voice their criticism about the contact during races, which in many cases could accurately be described as crying.

Oh just f*ck off! who cares what you think when you got nothing constructive to say in response to Zeus opening comment. That's why I'm here to help as best i can your just here to troll that's all you ever do day in day out.

I cared what he thinks... And i agreed with him. 

Also hes not trolling.  Telling it how it is is not trolling.. Just sayin'..

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

Now you're just arguing sementics. The fact is people asked for it because for whatever reason, they didn't like being rammed by other players, you've pretty much said it yourself, so I don't know why you go on to call Vooodu incorrect.

• Zwenkwiel likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

Wanted: Dead or Alive: Strauss Zelnick

• Daily Globe
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

For the guy who asked about the Comet race, here. 31 plays, all done by crew members & sadly, no strangers & I never win my own race :/

http://socialclub.ro...oQ?platformId=2

It was originally challenging going past Tinsel but I edited it & made it longer. Challenging if you set the weather to raining.

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

2nd and 3rd place should count as a win...just saying

Maybe but only with 8 or more players because 2nd out of 2 or 3rd out of 6 isn't worthy of a win.

Maybe you have to finish within a few seconds of first....

The problem is that losses at the moment include these 2nd and 3rd places that if this was changed couldn't be changed to wins/podiums because R* don't know.

For example I currently have 360 losses, and some of them (i'd like to think half) would be 2nd and 3rd finishes but R* couldn't go through them and convert them. If this was implemented i'd have 640 wins, 0 2nd/3rd finsihes, and 360 losses still so it can't be implemented now.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:01 PM Edited by kjahcleveland, 23 June 2014 - 07:01 PM.

I race seriously. Did a lot of criminal criminal records back in October but never traded. My record is 568 wins 511 losses. Nobody's got nothin on my DM record tho. Currently at 886 wins and 155 losses. All legit.
  • UniqueAsh and DriveLikeAViking like this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

"AKA The Bhoys2011" Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by TheBhoys2011, 23 June 2014 - 05:29 PM.

I race seriously. Did a lot of criminal criminal records back in October but never traded. My record is 568 wins 511 losses. Nobody's got nothin on my DM record tho. Currently at 866 wins and 155 losses. All legit.

Nice! great DM record well done :)

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

I race seriously. Did a lot of criminal criminal records back in October but never traded. My record is 568 wins 511 losses. Nobody's got nothin on my DM record tho. Currently at 866 wins and 155 losses. All legit.

Nice! great DM record well done :)
thank you sir. Gotta give a lot of credit to the GTA Forums crew.

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

last 2 words make me doubt the rest.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by kjahcleveland, 23 June 2014 - 05:50 PM.

^ Ask anyone in the GTAF crew. I was in a R* stream crew battle and won. Check my stats. The only stats on my Social Club stats that is incorrect is the Income pie chart because of the stupid gifted money. My SC name is in my sig. Seriously all I do anymore is TDM and Inv only sessions lol.

DerBarde
  • DerBarde

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Stats for 2nd and 3rd would be nice or a stat showing the average place in comparison to average player count.

At the the end, couldn't show the skill. If I race my own tracks, I win more races then joining a random race. If I join Crew races I rarely win, because it's a pure racing crew.

WHAT you can do without sticking to self created stuff is to leave race lobbies with races such as long haul, where luck is everything you need. Stick to more technical tracks or host them yourself to make them no catchup / no slipstream or no contact. If you're a skilled driver this should increase your chances to win.

If you haven't done yet, you can also test out different cars of each class to find the perfect vehicles. Other then that, there're some Race Crews such as Apex Stalkers or Red Rum Racing. Both have some incredible skilled driver. You WILL lose to them, but they have a clean race policy and you'll improve your own racing when being forced by so many skilled racers. 

That's all I could think of to get better stats over time. Keep serious on racing but have fun. Keep clean and work on yourself to get better ;)

• DriveLikeAViking likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

Just do a class where not many people have custom cars such as coupes or vans. Your annihilated opponents most likely weren't planning on letting you win, so technically your win was legitimate. :p  

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by dewtech_2008, 23 June 2014 - 06:30 PM.

Mines way out as I've helped quite a few people unlock mods, It doesn't worry me as It'll give rivals a false sense of security

• DriveLikeAViking likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by saintsrow, 23 June 2014 - 06:39 PM.

I also never win races, but I at least feel a little better when I can finish ahead of the middle of the pack.  As OP and everyone else says, there is no credit to be accumulated for anything but first place, which is a stupid way to do statistics in racing. Rockstar should know better.  It's another lazy cop-out in the design of GTA0.  

Racing should have a number of accumulated stats, such as place, seconds behind the winner, how customized your car was, etc, and it should be possible for these other stats to contribute to getting your performance unlocks, not just simpe wins.  

Another thing is that I understand where the OP is coming from in terms of racing style.  I like to run a clean, controlled race, that feels like real driving and like good competent driving.  This is as opposed to the typical balls-out maniacal driving style required to win.  And the game controllers cause me endless frustration in not being able to smoothly control the car.  So GTA0 racing is almost the utter opposite of the way I would like to drive.  

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

a lot of practice, practicing how to race properly, less brakes, cornering, proper lines and more importantly how to dodge idiots who like to race bumper cars.

i have around 1950 wins and 1300 losses and its legit and ive thrown around 200 races to help friends or crew members get their unlocks, and no, i dont play with one other racer or noobs, i race with at least 4 other players and prefer full lobbies, ive won many 16 player races too. PRACTICE.

• vipprimo and DriveLikeAViking like this

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:25 PM Edited by novesori, 23 June 2014 - 07:27 PM.

Be beter. I saw people in racing crews with 1500wins and 200loses. I drove against them, and my god they are fast...

This is why I didn't race them, but only noobs in random races.

//Edit: yeah and there are people like horndog. They don't have a life :D

• Horndog_SA and DriveLikeAViking like this

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

a lot of practice, practicing how to race properly, less brakes, cornering, proper lines and more importantly how to dodge idiots who like to race bumper cars.

i have around 1950 wins and 1300 losses and its legit and ive thrown around 200 races to help friends or crew members get their unlocks, and no, i dont play with one other racer or noobs, i race with at least 4 other players and prefer full lobbies, ive won many 16 player races too. PRACTICE.

good stuff
  • Horndog_SA likes this

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

Be beter. I saw people in racing crews with 1500wins and 200loses. I drove against them, and my god they are fast...

This is why I didn't race them, but only noobs in random races.

//Edit: yeah and there are people like horndog. They don't have a life :D

lol, why you dont race me anymore Novesori lol :D

i got a life, im happly married, my wife is as happy as a pig in sh!t, i have an 8 year old daughter, i cook, work my as* off 10 hours a day, im just good at what i do lol, oh and i balance them all.

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

Do "good" custom races, the kind people actually enjoy but heres the catch; do a few practice runs solo before you invite randoms. After you are getting nearly flawless results you invite people, however do not repeat the race with the same people as they will gain experience as well and perform better. Make sure it's set to non-contact so pussies don't win by ramming the better racers. I do this and it always works but i switch it up by doing all types of car races except for sports and super.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

I don't use brakes. Nor do I turn the wheel. I just go straight like a real man.

• paulmgrath likes this

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

OP:

Two ideas

-Create custom races with unpredictable corners and obstacles that only you know about, in a way that guarantees your victory every time

-Find someone to trade 216 wins with. You'll have to convince them to let you win the first 216 and then betray him and not return the favour

Both options are morally questionable however very effective in achieving what you seek.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

The Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

If you really think there aren't any serious racers here then that alone tells me you aren't doing your homework.  There are guys on here that are considered unbeatable!  Whether that's true or not is questionable, but they didn't earn the title by being bad at racing.  

There is a big difference between taking racing seriously and being a good racer.  For one, track time is essential and with that record you're an infant in comparison.  I spent a good portion of the first days of online racing tracks by myself to get a groove of where to be, how to brake etc.  You can't just jump in the ring on day 1 and expect to beat Ali and a lot of these guys are either good at racing or good at ramming so if you plan to play with the stiffs then you better be all around good.  If you run with a crew that races then you better be okay with having a losing record, spending way to much Rooftop Rumble cash on car options, and dealing with a long term negative record.

Besides, what's wrong with a negative record?  It's just odds!  Nobody is going to go into a regular lobby with catch-up on and no-contact off and expect to win every race.  Not in a million years will it happen.  Even of players I saw that were cheating their winning record was at best 2 to 1.  

You think your record is bad....lol.  I've got 600 wins and 2100 losses.   :p

Oh, and he's good.  

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Daily Globe
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

Making a complex race with unexpected corners is pointless because no one joins.

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

At one point I was around 50-150, when all anyone played was CR, DTD, Rt 68, or The Commute(no skill races) and my racing record paid the price for never leaving those races early(as i still never leave early, but that's one way to cheat your record, as many do).

At around 400-400 my record leveled out(after i quit racing straight highway crap),and about that time creator came out, so from that point my record has been around 700-300, so i have a career record of 1100-700, total. Here's a few tips:..

Choose your races wisely(no straight highway crap races). Pick a favorite track to learn, "grind" and boost your wins with. To me, this is "Dipping In"... I can't recall the last time i lost at this course.

Obviously, racing created content(ones that you know) helps(& NO, mine is NoT the BS that is designed to help and make me and only me get the win, it just helps rather than hurts)... That said...

Racing non-contact helps a ton too, if you are confident that you are fast enough to stay ahead....

Having an optimal racing garage(top car, or one of the top cars in each class that you drive well), helps to give you the advantage.

Experience helps, etc. etc....

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:09 AM Edited by customkingpimp, 24 June 2014 - 02:10 AM.

Honestly, start winning more. Take advantage of the boost at the go, get ahead of everyone, try to avoid people who get close to you by moving away so they cant pit you, if they try to pit you, turn into their pit, usually messes them up.

When taking turns, dont be the idiot that goes at it full speed, slow down, take the turn nice and smooth, outside to inside track. I have won the last 12-15 races in first doing this method. and at all costs if you get behind a bit, avoid the cluster of cars, they will take themselves out, then you can go around them while they recover. 

my win/loss record the other day was 50 wins, 70 losses, now at 65 wins, 70 losses. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

A racing W/L ratio is equivalent to K/D to me, meaningless.

Since there is no podium finishes stat, a W/L ratio means nothing.  I have a good one because I farmed Criminal Records multiple times for a few characters.  I don't see why you're so upset over it.  Those wins should be what you're proud of, and all the times you came in 2nd or 3rd place.

YOU know how good you are.  F*ck what everyone else thinks, dude. 

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Daily Globe
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 24 June 2014 - 02:45 AM.

I race seriously. Did a lot of criminal criminal records back in October but never traded. My record is 568 wins 511 losses. Nobody's got nothin on my DM record tho. Currently at 886 wins and 155 losses. All legit.

Was CR farmed solo?

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

Waw CR farmed solo?
what? Solo race wins don't even count as wins.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Daily Globe
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

Dammit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users