Levelling race wins & losses.

193 replies to this topic
Intoxica7ed
  • Intoxica7ed

Rickdiculous

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

The top racers in my crew have positive win/loss records with over 1000 wins. You're not the only one taking racing seriously.

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Profile is Under Construction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

Dude let me just say that a record doesn't necessarily define how good someone is in fact someone could've came in second ALOT which is obviously a loss in gta and you got people who also trade wins which is cheap but when i enter a race i never assume that someone with a higher win ratio is gonna win and sometimes it comes down to the size of the race. If you race in more crowded races then it will be harder to have alot of wins especially with races like that starting off as ram fests. You got to learn to not place so much importance on a record as much as having two goals, one being having fun and two strive for first.
  • ParanoiaX and UniqueAsh like this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA TheBhoys2011 Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

OK Zeus ill PM the race that i did its about four minutes long but really easy to master. It's not my race believe it or not but one a friend made when i first joined GTA online moths ago. I'm actually more of a DM player myself and i intend on coming out of creator now that ive made way to many jobs and rediscover my form somewhat. 

Also it helps if your racing non-contact and there's no more than four players. The more players the less chance you have of winning at the end of the day.

You could also try a small playlist of races that you are good at and win most races in playlist eventually you'll start getting more wins than defeats. I might be able to help with that if you give me some ideas of what your better at and what kind of races you prefer.

Dude let me just say that a record doesn't necessarily define how good someone is in fact someone could've came in second ALOT which is obviously a loss in gta and you got people who also trade wins which is cheap but when i enter a race i never assume that someone with a higher win ratio is gonna win and sometimes it comes down to the size of the race. If you race in more crowded races then it will be harder to have alot of wins especially with races like that starting off as ram fests. You got to learn to not place so much importance on a record as much as having two goals, one being having fun and two strive for first.

I appreciate your comment here my friend hence why i liked it but its only normal for Zeus to want to better races vs defeats. I'm the same when it comes to DM's id would hate having more defeats than losses simply because i no I'm not a bad player so i see where Zeus is coming from.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Also it helps if your racing non-contact and there's no more than four players. 

Meh..

Thats not going to make you a better racer.  It will help on making you a better driver for said track but racing means you compete for positions and space.

I say... no more then 8 players with contact ON is the ideal way of racing. 

• Intoxica7ed and Jobbo like this

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by oleg_aka_djmeg, 23 June 2014 - 03:43 PM.

join broughy's crew and race with some skilled racers, not these jumps jumps jumps kids. that's what i did. can't really say i improved my skills, but maybe i just did not notice that.

• Intoxica7ed likes this

FertileFuZZ
  • FertileFuZZ

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Basically either face the fact that you can't win every race you play... Even if you "Think" your that good, your obviously not that good..

It's a bit of a strange attitude to have, getting humpy because your not winning every race tho.. Relax it's just a game... I would love to win every race i played but then it would just get boring..

• AceThaCreator likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Without stacking the deck in some way in your favor, either a personal favorite track, leaving races your losing, choosing to race people you know you can beat or something of that nature the odds are greatly stacked against a positive record. The arcadish style of racing in GTA under regular circumstances combined with the fact that only one person in a race gets the win and every one else gets the loss means that unless you are seriously good you will likely lose more often than not.

The record really means nothing though and to be honest anyone I see with a positive record instantly is suspect in my opinion.

I consider myself pretty darn good in the overall collective of racers, not nearly the best but still better than most...yet I still have a losing record. Over 1800 wins and over 2700 losses.

Who cares though, really?

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Profile is Under Construction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

OK Zeus ill PM the race that i did its about four minutes long but really easy to master. It's not my race believe it or not but one a friend made when i first joined GTA online moths ago. I'm actually more of a DM player myself and i intend on coming out of creator now that ive made way to many jobs and rediscover my form somewhat. 

Also it helps if your racing non-contact and there's no more than four players. The more players the less chance you have of winning at the end of the day.
You could also try a small playlist of races that you are good at and win most races in playlist eventually you'll start getting more wins than defeats. I might be able to help with that if you give me some ideas of what your better at and what kind of races you prefer.

I appreciate your comment here my friend hence why i liked it but its only normal for Zeus to want to better races vs defeats. I'm the same when it comes to DM's id would hate having more defeats than losses simply because i no I'm not a bad player so i see where Zeus is coming from.
Yea who doesn't like having more wins then losses but sometimes theres nothing you can do about it. You win some and lose some its all in the nature of competing and theres always someone thats better than you at something but i try not to get too discouraged. And as far as deathmatch goes i find that when i join a random one i usually on the losing team unless i play with crew & friends but it doesn't mean im bad at the game because i don't come out winning every time. All a record exist for is let you know how many times you conquered and how many times you got knocked down but you should place more importance on the wins not the loses.
  • UniqueAsh likes this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Meh..

Thats not going to make you a better racer.  It will help on making you a better driver for said track but racing means you compete for positions and space.

Fair enough but why race in a clusterf*ck? you have contact on and you get some asshole kid chewing on your back end!?! yeh because that's fair isn't it ? the answer is no. If it was fair then why did R* include non-contact? 

Yea who doesn't like having more wins then losses but sometimes theres nothing you can do about it. You win some and lose some its all in the nature of competing and theres always someone thats better than you at something but i try not to get too discouraged. And as far as deathmatch goes i find that when i join a random one i usually on the losing team unless i play with crew & friends but it doesn't mean im bad at the game because i don't come out winning every time. All a record exist for is let you know how many times you conquered and how many times you got knocked down but you should place more importance on the wins not the loses.

You have some good points here friend and a open mind shame others in this post cant have the same open-mindedness :)

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

I'll rid the world of infestation - Sans Lingua Franca.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

How often does everyone win their own created race?? I've never own my own & they're a bit challenging :(

Intoxica7ed
  • Intoxica7ed

Rickdiculous

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

join broughy's crew and race with some skilled racers, not these jumps jumps jumps kids. that's what i did. can't really say i improved my skills, but maybe i just did not notice that.

^^^^ Broughy's crew 'Nonchalant Dominance' ^^^^ Join the crew and come race! We're clean with catch-up and slip stream off!

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by Vooodu, 23 June 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Meh..

Fair enough but why race in a clusterf*ck? you have contact on and you get some asshole kid chewing on your back end!?! yeh because that's fair isn't it ? the answer is no. If it was fair then why did R* include non-contact? 

How is that a cluster f*ck?  Its only 8 players...

Also...Who cares about the asshole kid chewing anything?   He won't survive the 1st turn anyways...lol

Like i said. If you wannt learn the track you play solo or non contact.. If you wanna learn how to race you play with contact on.  Thats just how it is..

I personally hate non contact.  Il race it.. But, being able take up the same spots does not make people better racers.  Infact it makes then worse if they get used to it. Just sayin'

And lets face it.. R* added non contact because people are whiners. 

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

I'm roughly 25 wins away from breaking even (I had a bad start in races), I wouldn't say I'm that great a racer, I mainly win because of people like the OP who don't understand the need for braking before going round a corner.

Whilst you think you may be going faster around the corner by coasting through rather than slowing down (braking), you're actually travelling a much greater distance than something who brakes in order to hug the inside of the corner and accelorate out of it. It's Racing 101 stuff.

I have a personal hatred for "catch up" I hate getting to the front of a race and beginning to feel the car losing power whilst the same car behind me starts creeping up.

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:14 PM Edited by TheBhoys2011, 23 June 2014 - 04:15 PM.

Meh..

Also...Who cares about the asshole kid chewing anything?   He won't survive the 1st turn anyways...lol

Like i said. If you wannt learn the track you play solo or non contact.. If you wanna learn how to race you play with contact on.  Thats just how it is..

I personally hate non contact.  Il race it.. But, being able take up the same spots does not make people better racers.  Infact it makes then worse if they get used to it. Just sayin'

You talk bullsh*t they added it because of whiners? hmmm your mentality and logic seem better off in a sh*t pit. I actually hate non-contact also just because i advised someone who's in the same crew as me you feel like rambling on about bullsh*t. I don't care what you think because ive won a lot of races myself without ANY of the advice i have given in this thread. 

Listen lets get one thing straight I'm giving advice to a friend. Who cares about how good you are? or what you like doing? because its not helpful to us right now so do one!

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

We're clean with catch-up and slip stream off!

i don't see a problem with that.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

1080 hypre train

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

249 / 464 doesnt seem bad considering there are more them two players per race and only one can win

16 players race = 15 "losers"

one way to get more wins would be to make your own race or choose one from R* and get pro in that one, them host and invite. once one or two players are in start the race, odds are that you practice more then the other guys

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

^^^^ Broughy's crew 'Nonchalant Dominance' ^^^^ Join the crew and come race! We're clean with catch-up and slip stream off!

And sadly full - he needs to split it into PS3 and XBox crews really.

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

My friends and I never knew about the mission menu (pausing the game) for at least a month after the game was released so all we did was racing from the vote menu's and obviously it got to a point where we would let each other win for all the unlocks and due to the fact I had 5 times as much cash as the others (I play a lot more than the others) I would always let someone else win...and now of course a majority of my crew no longer play the game to return the favour.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

Meh..

You talk bullsh*t they added it because of whiners? hmmm your mentality and logic seem better off in a sh*t pit. I actually hate non-contact also just because i advised someone who's in the same crew as me you feel like rambling on about bullsh*t. I don't care what you think because ive won a lot of races myself without ANY of the advice i have given in this thread. 

Listen lets get one thing straight I'm giving advice to a friend. Who cares about how good you are? or what you like doing? because its not helpful to us right now so do one!

Who talking bullsh*t or rambling exactly?.. Im just telling it how it is.

People cried about "OMG people keep smashing me!" So R* added non contact.  Simple as that.

Also.. i never bragged about anything.    Where did i even say anything about being 'good'?  

• shattered-minds likes this

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:26 PM Edited by shattered-minds, 23 June 2014 - 04:27 PM.

You talk bullsh*t they added it because of whiners? hmmm your mentality and logic seem better off in a sh*t pit.

Please enlighten us as to why they introduced none-contact then, you seem to be knowledgible on this subject.

• Vooodu likes this

NorthwolfF
  • NorthwolfF

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by NorthwolfF, 23 June 2014 - 04:37 PM.

Zeus your crew member here i have the same kind of record and i was close to meeting evens two weeks ago. As you may of noticed there are some really good racers in our crew in fact some of the best online so playing against members in the crew will almost always present a bigger loss than win average. What you need to do is find a track you are really good at and make it yours, dominate it so you only lose on the odd occasion, it can be a custom race or R* created. That's what i used to do i had a track which no one could touch me on simply because i new all the little tricks and how to win even if i was last at the start of the race.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Thanks Bhoys.

I've made a race locked to Comets to give people a challenge, crew or not, default weather is rain & traffic on, non-contact. Not one stranger joins my races only crew members & someone will win my race but me. Sadly, the only people who play my content are crew members :( & not strangers & that means there's no way I'll win my own created race :( it's hard to win races because we have elite racers who know what they're doing & I know what I'm doing but I never win when racing with crew members :(

I made a muscle car race for the windy roads of Vinewood Hills, I didn't win that; I made a circuit race for Sports Classics & I didn't win that.

Basically, I've created 5 races & I've never won them lol.

Psn?, social club link?....

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

saying its JUST FOR WHINERS is rude and incorrect. It was to eliminate the “rubbing is racing” mentality that some wish to avoid, if you did your research that is what it clearly says. That is facts and Voodoo is rude and incorrect.

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

How often does everyone win their own created race?? I've never own my own & they're a bit challenging :(

Don't ask lol, but with randoms greater success.

Ermac
  • Ermac

never heard of singles, except for my relationship status

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

My WL is positive not because I RQ whenever i'm about to take a L, but because I choose to do races that I know that i'll win because of the "skill" gap. I avoid races like jumps jumps jumps, long haul 2, the commute, etc. like the plague and stick to the technical tracks. I've found that despite the bumpercar mindset that's instilled in most pub racers doesn't negate the fact that most of them aren't very good at all. Catch up and slipstream only affect you severely if the race is comprised of straightaways, and since those (CU & SS) are 1st place killers, I avoid that by racing tracks that actually take a modicum of effort to do instead of holding down R2/RT for the duration of the race.

tee ell; dee arr: Cherry pick your races. If it's a straightaway race or some gimmicky race (loops, jumps, and all that jazz) leave and search for another.

I think this video helps as well. 

• UniqueAsh likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

I've made a race locked to Comets to give people a challenge, crew or not, default weather is rain & traffic on, non-contact. Not one stranger joins my races only crew members & someone will win my race but me. 

Thats a horrible race set up tho... I mean to each their own but.  But for me, its like this...

Rain on =  No thanks

Traffic on =  Why?

And non Contact on?   Why make it rain+traffic and non contact?  I mean non contact spoils the race, but non contact with traffic on means people crash due to others mistakes when dealing with traffic.

Basically you just made a cluster f*ck race with ghost racers and real traffic with less traction.  So maybe you want to re-think it

Personally i hate rain, so i would have left right there.. And seeing traffic and non contact on and ican leave fast enough :D

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:47 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM.

saying its JUST FOR WHINERS is rude and incorrect. It was to eliminate the “rubbing is racing” mentality that some wish to avoid, if you did your research that is what it clearly says. That is facts and Voodoo is rude and incorrect.

taking offense to being called a whiner is being a sensitive little bitch

sure it's rude, this is the internet, what else is new

all he meant to say was that R* only added non-contact after players requested for it multiple times

his choice for the word whiner could have to do with a dislike for non contact in general

or perhaps by the way that many people chose to voice their criticism about the contact during races, which in many cases could only be described as whining.

• Vooodu likes this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

My WL is positive not because I RQ whenever i'm about to take a L, but because I choose to do races that I know that i'll win because of the "skill" gap. I avoid races like jumps jumps jumps, long haul 2, the commute, etc. like the plague and stick to the technical tracks. I've found that despite the bumpercar mindset that's instilled in most pub racers doesn't negate the fact that most of them aren't very good at all. Catch up and slipstream only affect you severely if the race is comprised of straightaways, and since those (CU & SS) are 1st place killers, I avoid that by racing tracks that actually take a modicum of effort to do instead of holding down R2/RT for the duration of the race.

tee ell; dee arr: Cherry pick your races. If it's a straightaway race or some gimmicky race (loops, jumps, and all that jazz) leave and search for another.

I think this video helps as well. 

Some really good advice here buddy and was exactly the point i was trying to make earlier about picking your own races so thanks for this post. appreciate it and the Video sure Zeus will to.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

So people didn't whine about getting smashed?  Really?  So that was just all make believe eh?

It is what it is.. People whined non stop and R* catered to them.  If you don't like my choice of words, tuff sh*t buddy.  Deal with it.

Its rude..lmao?  What are you a nun?

Supreme Gentlemen
  • Supreme Gentlemen

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

2nd and 3rd place should count as a win...just saying

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

taking offense to being called a whiner is being a sensitive little bitch

sure it's rude, this is the internet, what else is new

all he meant to say was that R* only added non-contact after a group of players requested for it multiple times

his choice for the word whiner could have to do with a dislike for non contact in general

or perhaps by the way that many people chose to voice their criticism about the contact during races, which in many cases could accurately be described as crying.

Oh just f*ck off! who cares what you think when you got nothing constructive to say in response to Zeus opening comment. That's why I'm here to help as best i can your just here to troll that's all you ever do day in day out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users