Photo

Levelling race wins & losses.

193 replies to this topic
Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

Some asshole is in my pool

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:19 PM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 23 June 2014 - 01:24 PM.

To start, my race record is 249W & 464L. I'm quite disappointed by this because it's the only thing in the game I take seriously. Is there a way to go from 249W & 464L to 465W & 464L WITHOUT trading wins? I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who takes racing seriously around here..

By the time Rockstar adds stats for 2nd place, 3rd place finishes ect, that's the day I'll feel better about myself.

No, I'm not trolling, I'm dead serious. I've had enough of losing races.
  • saintsrow and tambo75 like this

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Never lose.
  • djmatao likes this

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Is there a way to go from 249W & 464L to 465W & 464L WITHOUT trading wins? 

No, I'm not trolling, I'm dead serious. I've had enough of losing races.

I suggest winning 216 races.

• Dani_elle, djmatao, redpoint and 1 other like this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Never lose.

Nice response you smartass. I expected this..
  • ten-a-penny and mesusmist like this

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Never lose.

Nice response you smartass. I expected this..
I'm serious.

Johan
  • Johan

Kaioken!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

You already know the obvious answer to this... unless you want tips on how to win.

Anyway I'll take the smart ass side and say stop losing, get a friend to let you win 100+ times in a row or get lucky and face morons who suck at driving.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

You think your record is bad....lol.  I've got 600 wins and 2100 losses.  :p

• ten-a-penny, Lay and vipprimo like this

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

You could either race clean and drive carefully or you could get an Adder and crash into people.
  • Dark Pride likes this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Well, if you really wanted you could create your own super difficult track whcih you master and when you invite other players they alwayts lose and you always win....

There's no other way than to actually win races. I, for example have 640W and 365L.

Good luck though, also you're more likely to win a race the less people are in it.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

I'm always joining a race, 100% expecting to win by not using brakes on corners (lay off acceleration), but I know for a fact I always lose, f*ck.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

I'm always joining a race, 100% expecting to win by not using brakes on corners (lay off acceleration), but I know for a fact I always lose, f*ck.

Not using your brakes?       :panic:

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:31 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 23 June 2014 - 01:32 PM.

uhm get better?

I agree that the "if you ain't first you're last" rule kind of sucks

but as it stands the racing records are at least an accurate representation of how many races you won.

so really the only thing you could fo to change it would be to get better at racing and win more races

I would start by using the brakes, they;re there for a reason

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

It works but somehow you'll get passed by someone who used brakes in the same corner -_-

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:37 PM Edited by Vooodu, 23 June 2014 - 01:37 PM.

It works but somehow you'll get passed by someone who used brakes in the same corner -_-

It depends on the turn..   Brakes are not a bad thing you know?.... :D

If you are going too fast and some one gently brakes and apex's the turn he will blow right past you.

• vipprimo likes this

Taylo
  • Taylo

Waddup doe?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Your hardcore, aren'tcha? 

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

Names are for friends, so I don't need one

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Drive teh best of teh best, get better at driving, race dirty, etc.

Not an avid racer myself, but I'm pretty good at it, at about 100+ wins and 50+ losses. 
Also try to race on free aim, typically you get to race only 2-3 people at once, so it isn't as messy as AA 16 player races, lol. 

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

Try and come first

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:45 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 23 June 2014 - 01:47 PM.

that's because they;re using the brakes

simply put you want to be slow in and fast out of a turn (generally speaking)

xfxn4n.png

• saintsrow, ten-a-penny, Strikeslip and 3 others like this

AllDay808HI
  • AllDay808HI

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Host a race on the track you're most used to (I would stay on R* created tracks, not verified or user-created). Turn off catch up and set the rest of the preferences to your liking. I would test the track out with the car you handle the best with and get used to the turns and straightaways, basically get a feeling for it. Once you feel comfortable, go ahead and start racing with randoms. This is the best tip I've got to help you boost your wins.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

Nope. I take my racing seriously. Racing stats matter to me.

Taylo
  • Taylo

Waddup doe?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

That's fine numbers on a page about your performance in a video game matter, whatever keeps you happy. :)

• who-dat likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

That's fine numbers on a page about your performance in a video game matter, whatever keeps you happy. :)

What will make me happy is the day when Rockstat adds stats for finishes other than 1st.

I kinda find it sad my longest winning streak is 6..

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

What will make me happy is the day when Rockstat adds stats for finishes other than 1st.

I'd have liked wins, podiums and then losses but R* couldn't really tell how many of our losses at the moment were podium finishes.

Also that wouldn't really be fair if you had only a few people because it could be impossible or really hard to not finish in top 3.

So straight up wins and losses is the only way it can work really. 

And i've still got a positive W/L ratio so i'm still happy

fryday
  • fryday

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

race with less players, maybe 1on1

a 16 player race is thrilling and spectacular, but the chances of winning decrease.

Taylo
  • Taylo

Waddup doe?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hey if your not first, your last ;p

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

I'd have liked wins, podiums and then losses but R* couldn't really tell how many of our losses at the moment were podium finishes.

Also that wouldn't really be fair if you had only a few people because it could be impossible or really hard to not finish in top 3.

So straight up wins and losses is the only way it can work really. 

And i've still got a positive W/L ratio so i'm still happy

you can easily put a % on it though

like you're in the umpteenth percentile or something

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA TheBhoys2011 Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Zeus your crew member here i have the same kind of record and i was close to meeting evens two weeks ago. As you may of noticed there are some really good racers in our crew in fact some of the best online so playing against members in the crew will almost always present a bigger loss than win average. What you need to do is find a track you are really good at and make it yours, dominate it so you only lose on the odd occasion, it can be a custom race or R* created. That's what i used to do i had a track which no one could touch me on simply because i new all the little tricks and how to win even if i was last at the start of the race.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Zeus your crew member here i have the same kind of record and i was close to meeting evens two weeks ago. As you may of noticed there are some really good racers in our crew in fact some of the best online so playing against members in the crew will almost always present a bigger loss than win average. What you need to do is find a track you are really good at and make it yours, dominate it so you only lose on the odd occasion, it can be a custom race or R* created. That's what i used to do i had a track which no one could touch me on simply because i new all the little tricks and how to win even if i was last at the start of the race.

Thanks Bhoys.

I've made a race locked to Comets to give people a challenge, crew or not, default weather is rain & traffic on, non-contact. Not one stranger joins my races only crew members & someone will win my race but me. Sadly, the only people who play my content are crew members :( & not strangers & that means there's no way I'll win my own created race :( it's hard to win races because we have elite racers who know what they're doing & I know what I'm doing but I never win when racing with crew members :(

I made a muscle car race for the windy roads of Vinewood Hills, I didn't win that; I made a circuit race for Sports Classics & I didn't win that.

Basically, I've created 5 races & I've never won them lol.

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

Names are for friends, so I don't need one

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

Thanks Bhoys.

I've made a race locked to Comets to give people a challenge, crew or not, default weather is rain & traffic on, non-contact. Not one stranger joins my races only crew members & someone will win my race but me. Sadly, the only people who play my content are crew members :( & not strangers & that means there's no way I'll win my own created race :( it's hard to win races because we have elite racers who know what they're doing & I know what I'm doing but I never win when racing with crew members :(

I made a muscle car race for the windy roads of Vinewood Hills, I didn't win that; I made a circuit race for Sports Classics & I didn't win that.

Basically, I've created 5 races & I've never won them lol.

Are you on PSN by any chance? I can invite you to some fun (I hope) races. 

SaturatedFat
  • SaturatedFat

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

I wouldn't let it bother you. If you're joining random races with the number of players set from 2-16, your odds of losing are way higher than your odds of winning. Factor in catch-up, slipstream and user-created races that they know better than anyone else, and I would say your record is pretty good. I'm at 350W - 500L, or something like that.

Most of the people who have more W than L are choosy about their races. They specialize in certain tracks, make sure catch-up is off, try to stack the odds in their favor before hand. I join any race and see it through, even things like long haul 2 or "Mega ramps 5". I have more fun that way

• tambo75 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users