Why...why...

191 replies to this topic
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

I never wanted to resort to tanks because from what I've learned they're heavily looked down upon

We've now gone full circle and we're back to the plain and simple fact that your problem is you.  You're bothered what people think of you so you won't leave a session when people grief you, because you have it in your head that it will please them in some way.  You won't use a tank because other people look down on them.  There's nothing you can do in this game that doesn't get looked down upon by someone.

Seriously, next time it happens just swallow your pride (it'll hurt because it's clearly very large) and immediately walk over to your console and power it off.  Don't mess with menus or faff with "should I do this, or that, or how can I show them!" - just turn it off.  Then, turn it back on and start a new game.

Try it.  At least try it.  You'll see that it doesn't matter to anyone other than you.  If you can't take this advice then I don't see that this is a question/discussion thread.  If you can't do that one simple thing (and it is so, so simply) then this thread has no meaning.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Actually, when you are in passive mode remember that you can drink 8 beers and pass out. You will spawn at a hospital away from your enemies. I always have these beers with me just for situations where a tank will have me trapped somewhere.

• Doktor Gott and mesusmist like this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

the beer trick is good advice.. Also useful if you've got tards camping outside your apartment /garage

• mesusmist likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

Actually, when you are in passive mode remember that you can drink 8 beers and pass out. You will spawn at a hospital away from your enemies. I always have these beers with me just for situations where a tank will have me trapped somewhere.

Oh my god, thank you. Swear that would've never crossed my mind.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:24 AM Edited by Bozzah, 24 June 2014 - 10:27 AM.

I do have pride and everything but when it comes to griefing it's very simple and primitive. If I grief someone, it's fun. If somebody else wants to grief me and has the needed utilities or friends to do so, I will either power off my console or just switch sessions so he does not even get the chance to grief me, because he would have fun instead of me, and I don't like that.

1vs1 is fine, if he's better than me, so be it, that's where the "it's just a game"-part counts again, at least in my opinion. 

• mesusmist likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

the beer trick is good advice.. Also useful if you've got tards camping outside your apartment /garage

Lol I had a bounty the other day and a good group was camped in front of my garage, formed some sort of Purge, masks and all. It was actually pretty impressive.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:30 AM Edited by Bozzah, 24 June 2014 - 10:32 AM.

I don't think it works for every character. Mine didn't pass out after 10 beers... he was wasted though. I think it depends on your character's activities... Partying or doing illegal work probably has an influence.... 

I have tested it with a character with a full illegal work bar and about half full partying bar.

Oh and OP: learn to fly the jet and you will never have problems with griefers again ;)

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

I don't think it works for every character. Mine didn't pass out after 10 beers... he was wasted though. I think it depends on your character's activities... Partying or doing illegal work probably has an influence.... 

I have tested it with a character with a full illegal work bar and about half full partying bar.

Oh and OP: learn to fly the jet and you will never have problems with griefers again ;)

Just a thought, did you drink the beers completely?

Never used to be able to do it, then I held down the button when drinking a beer, pressing again after it was fully chugged..

if you just press the button about two swigs are taken and then it's thrown away.

in your apartment though, if you have whisky/wine use that instead.. the drink is completely drunk and you will pass out eventually...

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

It takes a couple of minutes to do the drinking trick though.  OP was getting attacked by relentless spawn killers, so that wouldn't help.

• mesusmist likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Lol I had a bounty the other day and a good group was camped in front of my garage, formed some sort of Purge, masks and all. It was actually pretty impressive.

Had a bit of a similar situ yesterday, some tard comes after me for a 3k bounty, gets me as I pull my gun out in Grove Street and get wasted by the gangs first then he gets a final shot..

so he hangs around after and I wipe him out a couple of times.. next thing I know I've got four welsh "gangstas" after me.. even with four on one, it was at least a 2:1 k/d ratio in my favour... but.. they couldn't get a grip on off radar.. :D  (and a lot of people don't either)..

best one was being in the metro tunnels just down from the Mores Mutual garage.. and they were above me attempting to shoot through the ground/blowing up the ground...   talk about cretinous!

I was more gutted as I rigged my car with stickies and parked it on a corner, waiting to blow it up if them came down.. obv then retreating further down the tunnel and picking them off with the heavy sniper in the dark... gutted they were so thick tbh...

It takes a couple of minutes to do the drinking trick though.  OP was getting attacked by relentless spawn killers, so that wouldn't help.

of course, but if you can get into passive then you've got half a chance to get into a position and do it.. :/

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Had a bit of a similar situ yesterday, some tard comes after me for a 3k bounty, gets me as I pull my gun out in Grove Street and get wasted by the gangs first then he gets a final shot..

so he hangs around after and I wipe him out a couple of times.. next thing I know I've got four welsh "gangstas" after me.. even with four on one, it was at least a 2:1 k/d ratio in my favour... but.. they couldn't get a grip on off radar.. :D  (and a lot of people don't either)..

best one was being in the metro tunnels just down from the Mores Mutual garage.. and they were above me attempting to shoot through the ground/blowing up the ground...   talk about cretinous!

I was more gutted as I rigged my car with stickies and parked it on a corner, waiting to blow it up if them came down.. obv then retreating further down the tunnel and picking them off with the heavy sniper in the dark... gutted they were so thick tbh...

of course, but if you can get into passive then you've got half a chance to get into a position and do it.. :/

Sounds like some good GTA action sequences. Bounties are taken so hardcore it's insane lol. Glad you were still able to man some ground and do enough justice to defend yourself. Wouldn't mind being in a good chase and dodge situation that gives time to smart your way out if need be. 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

Still people are posting things that make no sense if they'd actually read the thread.  The OP was in the middle of nowhere, getting attacked repeatedly by a group of players.  There was nowhere close enough to get off the ground, so she was getting run over pretty much as soon as she respawned.  The only 2 effective ways I know to get out of that situation are the quick job method (literally takes a second if you're familiar with it), or turn off the console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users