Why...why...

191 replies to this topic
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

1- Suicide bombing: you already know this. You stuff your car's front bumper with stickies and kamikaze against the douche. I'll simply suggest you to use an Elegy, since you can get it free and you don't pay insurance for it when you destroy it (last time I checked. Dunno if they changed it. The car is still free, though).

When being gang spawn killed you don't get time to get a car, and OP was in the middle of nowhere, so no cars there anyway.

2- Predict your enemies moves - car version: you see a white dot going down the street you are at mad speed. Must be a douche in a Chrentorno. Cover the road with stickies and stay behind them (don't stay near them, you want to kill the douche without killing yourself). Douche goes over the stickies - boom. You waste 10k, but it's worth.

Again, gang spawn killing in the middle of nowhere.  Blips are irrelevant as every one of them is a few seconds drive away and is coming for you, now.

3- Predict your enemies moves - on foot version: Take cover on corner A. Douche takes cover on corner B. Place sticky on A and proceed to C. Douche goes to A - boom. Rinse and repeat. Works with multiple douches at the same time, just be calm and use your mini map a lot. The mini map. Use it.

Enemy moves predicted.  They're a few seconds away, in a car, with their friends who are also in cars and they're all coming directly for the OP.

• mesusmist likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:15 PM Edited by ninjaontour, 23 June 2014 - 04:16 PM.

Getting spawn killed and can't leave a lobby?

Joined a bullsh*t Deathmatch where the host has it rigged to mince you before you can move?

Both situations mean that you can't hit pause, so what do you do?

EXIT TO DASHBOARD, DRY TEARS, LEARN LESSON.

I know that's taken a second seat to your pride OP, but the best warriors know when to pick their fights, and live to fight another day.

• mesusmist likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by Zodape, 23 June 2014 - 04:41 PM.

@Furry_Monkey

If that's the case, then...

Passive mode. Get to higher ground/interior. Take advantage of the spawn killing and hope to respawn near a building or something.
If douches can't get you there, then breath and get your sh*t together.

Wait in that safe spot until the douches get tired and go to troll someone else. Get revenge.

Edit: of course, you can also join a random job, leave and hope to be in the city or something. Then look for the griefers and get revenge.

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

There's a thing called: "Invite Only Sessions"

It's not for decoration.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

The mods on this forum really need to start banhammering people who spout gibberish without reading the OP, and subsequent replies before sticking their oar in.

So many solutions offered which the OP states he was unable to do... ADHD motherf*ckers.

• mesusmist likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Joined a bullsh*t Deathmatch where the host has it rigged to mince you before you can move?

I know that's taken a second seat to your pride OP, but the best warriors know when to pick their fights, and live to fight another day.

I was feeling this aside from the slap in face text, but no really. Why do people assume tears coincide with sh*t like this? I was T'd off. No weeping for my life. People shouldn't just ram you out of a game like that. You just sit and think what the actual f*ck.

But yeah, I'm not seeking GTA to be some sort of warrior but I get where you're coming from. Thank you.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by ninjaontour, 23 June 2014 - 04:39 PM.

I was feeling this aside from the slap in face text, but no really. Why do people assume tears coincide with sh*t like this? I was T'd off. No weeping for my life. People shouldn't just ram you out of a game like that. You just sit and think what the actual f*ck.

But yeah, I'm not seeking GTA to be some sort of warrior but I get where you're coming from. Thank you.

Didn't mean it to come across that way, OP, sorry. Simply a way to have it noticed in a thread full of people not listening to you. Oh, and "dry tears" is simply a turn of phrase where I'm from.

• mesusmist likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

There's a thing called: "Invite Only Sessions"

It's not for decoration.

No, but your post is for decoration.

I'm not going to f*cking sit in a session by myself when I wanted to be around people under the impression that eventually I'd find a group to click with. No friends were online. I didn't assume that I would be bashed on to the pulp when simply pressing go to enter online and I'm not compromising my gameplay to suit douchebags.

Didn't mean it to come across that way, OP, sorry. Simply a way to have it noticed in a thread full of people not listening to you. Oh, and "dry tears" is simply a turn of phrase where I'm from.

Nah it's fine. I was just referring to past post when people try to come at the entire thread for whining, but my intention was never to beg for mercy or tissues. I just neat to fight fire with fire without having to skip out every time. You're good.

@Furry_Monkey

If that's the case, then...

Passive mode. Get to higher ground/interior. Take advantage of the spawn killing and hope to respawn near a building or something.
If douches can't get you there, then breath and get your sh*t together.

Wait in that safe spot until the douches get tired and go to troll someone else. Get revenge.

Edit: of course, you can also join a random job, leave and hope to be in the city or something. Then look for the griefers and get revenge.

I was in Passive Mode.

Bombarded by multiple players coming from all sides with fast, luxury vehicles from all sides.

I got to higher ground when I could. 

You respawn by the people that the system assumes you're starting some sort of deathmatch with, or who keep shooting you. That's where I spawned.

That is the process of what I did/attempted to do and mentioned.

Your input is still valid and appreciated.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:55 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 23 June 2014 - 05:29 PM.

crying is mainly used as a figure of speech online

no1 thinks there's actual tears rolling down your cheeks

saying some1 is crying usually just means some1 is frustrated, angry or otherwise upset to some degree

a simple complaint without any emotional charge can be dismissed by calling it crying without the need for pesky arguments or logic.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

@OP

What about that last bit I added in my last post?

Simply search for a random job, then quit and it will take you to some random place in free roam, away from the griefers. You will be in the same session, so you won't be quitting if you do that.

Then get revenge.
  • paulmgrath likes this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by adamsowilliams, 23 June 2014 - 05:25 PM.

why on earth do people have a problem with just finding a new session? i see it all the time, "i shouldnt have to leave because...", they arent stopping you playing the game, there is no difference whatsoever between the session you're in and the one you will join, other than it probably being jackass-less. there is no downside to having to change session.

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Slightly off topic, but when things like this are talked about, I'm happy to read it and it seems many others are too.  If you don't want to read it then there are many other posts to read.  Why spend all of your time reading and then moaning about posts others are interested in?  If it gets moved it wont be seen and we all miss out on the conversation. 
The real piss take is that they then say about searching for posts to add to rather than make a new one.  Well why don't YOU search for a thread instead of making the rest of us miss out on useful or interesting posts.

• mesusmist likes this

cg1221
  • cg1221

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Lol pride.. It's a game and you're playing with people you will likely never run into again. Are you really that worried about what random people think about you your gt/psn name?

I'm a stupid little bitch that picks his nose and wears sh*t stained tighty whities! Oh nooo cg1221's secret is out! How will he ever live with himself now that the members of gtaf know!?

• Gay Tony likes this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find a muscle race...
  • rampage08, Static and mesusmist like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Sometimes being griefed really grates to the point you want to try another game, don't let dicks do that to you though, find new session!
  • mesusmist likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 24 June 2014 - 12:46 AM.

Does anybody even read the Bitch and Moan thread?

Thats kind of the point so we all know where to avoid so we dont need to read crap like this thread. 

Why the hell would anyone car that the OP was killed in free mode? Why hasnt the OP been mocked mercilessly? This isnt the forum I know and love.  

• boron5 and Static like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:52 AM Edited by mesusmist, 24 June 2014 - 01:01 AM.

Thats kind of the point so we all know where to avoid so we dont need to read crap like this thread. 

Why the hell would anyone car that the OP was killed in free mode? 

The f*ck is the point of trying to rip people to shreds for the kicks? I've see posts of all degrees via this thread, from someone pissed at dirty racing to a random ass story about walking to the mountains or some sh*t. How about you go find a post you do enjoy instead of returning to my ONE thread about an experience I had that can be added onto. You also brought this back up, so don't throw it on me. Just shut up, people like you on this thread who just want to ass off the mouth to ass off. Christ. People won't care about everything; that is the purpose of a forum. To flock to what you like and discuss people of a similar nature. If you go back into something you don't like and constantly refer to the original poster for your thread issue that's your own sh*t. The purpose was not to bitch and moan; but thanks for joining the flock who has tried to make that the priority because you feel the need to bitch someone out yourself or prove some superiority complex via GTA Forums.

Sometimes being griefed really grates to the point you want to try another game, don't let dicks do that to you though, find new session!

I'd never switch games for any person though because it all boils down to it being a game. I remember I was in high school getting riled up with friends over Modern Warfare and I just kind of throw all of the tantrums into sh*t like that. Momentary instances. Thanks.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find a muscle race...

I need one of those. I've done about 5 bike races in a row since playing a while ago.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

Wannabe mod.

OT: people play like assholes.  That's why I like to join a quickmatch, then leave it and it spawns me across the map.  Or you can use the helicopter support.  Or just vote to kick and report for griefing.

• mesusmist likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:05 AM

Lol pride.. It's a game and you're playing with people you will likely never run into again. Are you really that worried about what random people think about you your gt/psn name?

I'm a stupid little bitch that picks his nose and wears sh*t stained tighty whities! Oh nooo cg1221's secret is out! How will he ever live with himself now that the members of gtaf know!?

Pride exists everywhere. I didn't even bring up my gamertag. sh*tty occurrence happened in game, I handled it in a mediocre fashion, sought out better method, didn't want to be the only one at the moment who has had such occur so I referred to a GTA forum about Grand Theft Auto. Do not attempt to analyze me if the only thing considered productive is acting superior when it comes to this stuff.

Wannabe mod.

OT: people play like assholes.  That's why I like to join a quickmatch, then leave it and it spawns me across the map.  Or you can use the helicopter support.  Or just vote to kick and report for griefing.

I did the latter. Was going to do helicopters as well; just didn't think I'd have enough time for that to go down. I'm pretty used to the asshole scene in this game. Today was just overkill.

Slightly off topic, but when things like this are talked about, I'm happy to read it and it seems many others are too.  If you don't want to read it then there are many other posts to read.  Why spend all of your time reading and then moaning about posts others are interested in?  If it gets moved it wont be seen and we all miss out on the conversation. 
The real piss take is that they then say about searching for posts to add to rather than make a new one.  Well why don't YOU search for a thread instead of making the rest of us miss out on useful or interesting posts.

This.

why on earth do people have a problem with just finding a new session? i see it all the time, "i shouldnt have to leave because...", they arent stopping you playing the game, there is no difference whatsoever between the session you're in and the one you will join, other than it probably being jackass-less. there is no downside to having to change session.

sh*t pops off out of nowhere; my mind can either retaliate or run off and try to find a new session. At first I attack. So by the time I'm seeking to leave, get higher, escape, can't go on start screen, and didn't think twice about my phone. It's valid to not want to be run off of a session for no reason, so I stand by what I said. Your input is still appreciated.

cg1221
  • cg1221

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:08 AM Edited by cg1221, 24 June 2014 - 01:15 AM.

So you're just looking for sympathy gotcha

What I meant by the pride thing is; why subject yourself to something you don't enjoy when you have complete control over the situation? It's not like any of it matters so why get so upset over it?

P.s If you took this as me trying to act superior to you that's all on you, this is nothing personal just my opinion of people getting emotional over a videogame (unless of course we're talking about the end of mgs3 we can all have a lil cry over that)

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:22 AM Edited by mesusmist, 24 June 2014 - 01:23 AM.

So you're just looking for sympathy gotcha

What I meant by the pride thing is; why subject yourself to something you don't enjoy when you have complete control over the situation? It's not like any of it matters so why get so upset over it?

P.s If you took this as me trying to act superior to you that's all on you, this is nothing personal just my opinion of people getting emotional over a videogame (unless of course we're talking about the end of mgs3 we can all have a lil cry over that)

Not at all. I'm looking for stories of the same fashion as some have since posted. At the time they were good to read as I was T'd off by a bad gaming experience, which comes along with any game. I don't need to be told sorry. But at the same time I'm not going to justify people who think they can treat people like a piece of sh*t via the internet because they aren't prideful enough to leave the thread and find something pleasant.

It got to a point of heavily lacking control. No, it doesn't matter now but then it did. It's like playing a co-op game and having a grenade thrown at you. That sh*t doesn't just sit right with me and naturally we all react to things, regardless if it's different from how other people may have handled the situation.

Nah, I was just throwing it out there as generally I come across people via any forum who simply want to I guess take over or become some sort of guru of thread and can only choose to act high and mighty rather than just help, discuss, or leave. What you did offer was taken note of and appreciated, and that...is my sole intention. Not a plea.

The only thing game-wise I truly would like to cry over is Titanfall. Something about it was so good that I felt like tears were acceptable.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

This thread still open? Wowzers.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

Just get a f*cking tank.

GET IN THE TANK AND BLAST AT THEM MOFOS!

That's my new method - although I wasn't getting killed before - it's just to make sure everybody dies.

• mesusmist likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:34 AM Edited by mesusmist, 24 June 2014 - 01:33 AM.

I've logged off, slept for about six hours since I posted this, watched 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy, and ate some Haribo Happy Cola. I mean.

Just get a f*cking tank.

GET IN THE TANK AND BLAST AT THEM MOFOS!

That's my new method - although I wasn't getting killed before - it's just to make sure everybody dies.

I never wanted to resort to tanks because from what I've learned they're heavily looked down upon, but at this point I'm just going to invest more time into them.

• Filip454 likes this

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:42 AM Edited by Filip454, 24 June 2014 - 01:43 AM.

BTW killing everybody with my tank and still getting this "good player social reward" aka 2000 dollas for poor ass kind players from R* :D

• mesusmist likes this

reddead697
  • reddead697

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

This is when I bring the Tank out. 3 against 1 is unfair. 2 against 1 is unfair to but it its manageable if one is a lower level.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

Don't know if it's been said only read most of first page but if they are not giving you enough time to change session return to single player using the dpad method.

Crimie Marston
  • Crimie Marston

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

You Cant Win Em All. Also you are surrounded by a whole crew , I wouldnt be the one worried about losing pride when they have already thrown theirs out the window by picking on the one player.

Best Practice : Dust yourself off and forget about it man, these things happen all the time

• manicmechanic71 likes this

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

I don't even think this is near a 'bitch and moan' topic.  This is a discussion that needs to be had but its been blown out of all proportions.  Its simply a 'what to do in this situation' type topic.  But like I said before, if things are filed away into other sections then they dont get read or discussed.  

In all seriousness if people got their way and moved all items deemed irrelevant to different sections then just by looking at the first page nearly every topic would be moved.
I just don't get why its such a big deal.  

What exactly do those people deem to be acceptable topics?  I'd love to know.  Also has nobody noticed how boring it gets inbetween updates without this sort of thread?  Where would all the thread haters go to sh*t on people on the internet?  

The best car, look at this i found(when its nothing new), my character is hot, etc etc type threads just don't keep me entertained enough on their own, yet are all seen as useful topics.  Seriously?  Come on people, diversity keeps this place alive.  Also, its perfectly fine to mock each other and have fun with it, I mean thats kinda the general fun of this place, but keep to the topic, don't berate its existence or we end up with a few boring topics with no mick taking and no fun.

Swagman - Cricket threads - need i say more  (p.s. I loved those threads and all the random cricket legend accounts were hilarious)

boron5
  • boron5

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

Why the hell would anyone car that the OP was killed in free mode? Why hasnt the OP been mocked mercilessly? This isnt the forum I know and love.  

OP is apparently female and there is apparently a strong white knight contingent here. Ergo, this thread reached 6 pages.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users