191 replies to this topic
Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Stop your crying and change sessions.

I mentioned aggravation, no sign of tears. Sought better methods to deal with the situation by coming here, which I felt was reasonable enough. Maybe don't be a smartass and avoid posts you don't want to see to save trouble both ways. This game isn't scot-free bliss.

And again, I couldn't get to the start screen. I was stuck period.

Oh alright, my apologies.

• mesusmist likes this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

u have guns op, shoot them bitches til you see "douchebag1999 has left"

• mesusmist likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:47 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 23 June 2014 - 01:56 PM.

Whats your response to being outnumbered in gta? do you leave the session? you fight them till the end alone? or do you call in some back up?

As far as being outnumbered, I'd like to address the fact that there are some ways you can try to keep that situation from occurring in the first place:

-make friends. Keep a decent amount of friends, and perhaps join a crew or two. If you have people you play with regularly, being outnumbered is hardly ever a problem. And if you your group is just facing a larger group (like 3 against 6) at least your not ALONE.

-know your surroundings. You have the advantage if you take the advantage, so if your solo, keep to areas with lots of cover that you can defend yourself in or that you are good with.

-watch the map. Keep your eyes on where clusters of players are. If you glance at the map, and see a group of players gathered in a spot, all with the same crew tag (like BANG or MP3), watch them to see if they start movin towards your general direction. It's fight or flight.
More than likely tho, you will find yourself solo, facing multiple players at the same time at one point or another, so here's some things to keep in mind:

-STRIKE THE WEAKEST LINK. Both strong and weak players can attack in groups, but usually weak players can't do well ALONE (without a tank or jet), so try to pick off 1, and keep them isolated after they respawn. (If they stay too close to each other, grenades or explosive are the best against those clustered bastards and get them to spread out.)

-defense is the best offense. Being that you are outnumbered, your opponents consider themselves to have an overwhelming advantage and maintain an aggressive attack style. They often get reckless, and do not operate the same as if they would alone. So keep calm, and constantly position yourself where you can keep all of your threats coming in the same direction. Don't let yourself become surrounded. Since they are chasing you, you can lead them RIGHT where YOU want them.

-USE ALL WEAPONS. Idc when people say miniguns and RPGs are cheap. They require a lot a of work to own, they have expensive ammo, and you need SKILL to use them. You know what doesn't require a whole lota skill? A TANK. So anyways, stick to your best gun, but one suggestion; MGs for long range, shotguns for up close and personal, explosives for enclosed spaces. (I know, duh right?).

-stick and move. Keep on the move, don't stay in one cover too long, cause good players will eventually pluck you out of your spot. If you can make them chase you and predict where they wil run, leave a sticky bomb on the path and wait til u see them cross that spot on the GPS. Then blow them up, wile-e-coyote style.

-dont be fooled. A typical scenario you may find yourself in is fighting 2 or 3 players at the same time. A common tactic is to to bait and snipe the outnumbered player. The first and second player wil rush forward to get as close as they can, and a third will hang back in the distance. Don't just step out to take shots at the open players, or the third will snipe you. Ascertain if the sniper has a clear view of your position first. If he does, fall back and let the others keep coming, and then take them out one by one. Usually the sniper will run forward himself when this happens, and pursue you himself. Deal with him accordingly.

-when in doubt, take the fall. After enough commotion, the cops WILL show up. They kill you,( sometimes they take your kills -_- smh). If your cornered, or low on health, let the cops kill you and try again. If they are not shooting you fast enough, committing suicide is also an option to keep the attackers from getting the kill.

All in all, there are plenty of strategies (I have a lot more for anyone who needs them.) when all else fails, just retreat by exiting the session. You have to do what you can.

Edit: I realize that in your instance there was a pretty coordinated effort involving a tank and fire trucks. In cases like these, if you don't have back up to call or cannot fight back because of their varied forces, your best option would be to go off the radar, kill yourself so you respawn away from them, and retreat for tank.

In some cases, it might even be better to retreat to your house first given u only have a minute or less to get away. This way they will more than likely wait outside your house until they go away. At that point you have the element of surprise on your side and have ample time to grab a tank and sneak up on them.

Just be sure you know what your doing if you decide to re engage them after they've already left you alone -.-

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

I had a similar issue last night.  I was hitting some bud IRL whilst watching the sunset on the beach in my 6X6.  A buzzard flew over and I admit the thought process at first was I should prob deal with him before he blows me up but nah I thought, I'll just leave him be.

So after he blew me up I went off roading, pulled off a big jump and upon landing BOOM he came outta nowhere and got me again.    I just figured, whatever and carried on.

I went and got my buzzard in an attempt at self defence and tried to go to maze bank to continue my session, I spotted him and thought "should I?"

Before I could finish the thought his crew mates in two lazers blew me up.  Then another buzzard turned up.  Then 1st guy went passive and started jazz handing me lol.  Then another of his crew went off radar and ran me over.  Then yet another got a firetruck and hosed me to death.

I messaged and said about how they used all that for one guy who wasnt fighting back.  I got "heheheheh get a crew you loser" and "have you seen all the tanks?"  There were no tanks except for the ones that more of his crew occupied.  Added to this is the fact I have a crew and they woulda fked them all up had they been online.

Not really that bothered but damn are they bitch made losers.  Braggin how good they are and yet when another crew of only 3 people turned up I constantly saw them getting killed so yeah, there are a lot of weak crews who are addicted to being asshole in OP vehicles

• AboveAndBeyoncé likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Just to mention I've since gotten over this earlier dispute and am currently playing golf, but the topic proceeds so as long as that happens...I'm still here, lol.

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Always Dapper

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

there is a bitch and moan thread for  this mundane crap.

• Jolly Swagman likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

Just to mention I've since gotten over this earlier dispute and am currently playing golf, but the topic proceeds so as long as that happens...I'm still here, lol.

It's best to take heed and prepare should that happen again, cause more than likely it WILL -.- lol.
  • mesusmist likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

He's not bitching and moaning - quite the opposite actually.  This is a request for advice.  Should it go in the Q&A thread?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

it's the ridiculous spawn system spawning you 3 feet from where you were killed

if a group of people is intent on spawn killing you there's not a whole lot you can do since the game just doesn't give the time to do anything

what I usually do is just start any random job from my phone if they don't even give me the time to pause to find a new game.

but if you ask me R* should really do something about the spawning

• mesusmist likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Does anybody even read the Bitch and Moan thread?
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct, NikkoCharger and mesusmist like this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

• Get bullied.
  • Quickly join a job.
  • Back out from lobby.
  • Spawn on other side of map.
  • Text them 'Lol u slow'.
  • You win.
  • RandomCholo, NikkoCharger, mesusmist and 1 other like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

I had a similar problem OP where people gained up on me... Like people gained up on you... My best bet is to go to the subway and head "Underground" (need for speed reference) and just hide about under the tunnels.. That's what I did 3 douches were after me and they even had another guy come with a tank and at that point I called in crew members to help me and soon after I saw a squad of crew members coming with tanks to help me out/ rescue me as the griefers trapped me... And they annihilated the douches lmao.. But yeah if you are cool with a few crews them call on some members to help you OP.. Fight Fire with Fire... They gang up on you? Then you call in crew members to gang up on them.

Second subway mention. I feel like I need better adjustment on how to retreat away. We were I think by a construction site and some hills, so my best bet I figured was hide in all the construction sh*t, maybe try to snip, throw bombs and navigate the screen asap. I'll remember that. One guy did help me with aircraft, so that was cool.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

I don't. Why would I do that?

laserdad
  • laserdad

GTA Junkies crew posterboy

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by laserdad, 23 June 2014 - 02:03 PM.

I feel your pain, I used to get in situations like this before. All you can do is leave, and work at becoming better at the game. Use your minimap, plan your escape route, seek higher ground (ladders are your friends), get out of sight before they can kill you. Once on a rooftop or a secluded location it's easier to set up a working defense (stickies at the entrance points, etc.).

Like I said, I used to get in situations like this, but rarely do anymore. Usually I'm able to retaliate and scare them off, but if they are too good or too many for me I'm always able to get away. So until you're able to give them sufficient resistance swallow your pride and run.

To quote Marcellus Wallace: "On the night of the fight you'll feel a small sting. That's pride [email protected] with you. [email protected] Pride!"
  • mesusmist likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

it's the ridiculous spawn system spawning you 3 feet from where you were killed

if a group of people is intent on spawn killing you there's not a whole lot you can do since the game just doesn't give the time to do anything

what I usually do is just start any random job from my phone if they don't even give me the time to pause to find a new game.

but if you ask me R* should really do something about the spawning

This is my main thing. At one point I tried killing myself, and spawned even closer. It's a true flaw.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

if they on PS3 , i'll find the way to track them down

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Exactly. It's like saying "shut the f*ck up" without the balls to do so.

Which is weird, considering how ballsy everyone is, heh.
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct and mesusmist like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

It's best to take heed and prepare should that happen again, cause more than likely it WILL -.- lol.

Oh yeah, it will. I think the rough days are usually being shot up in Suburban or some sh*t trying to buy a new pair of pants or something lol. I think Blaine County is the best retreat for any of this.

if they on PS3 , i'll find the way to track them down

Lmao thank you. Wish I could've done it on the spot fr.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:11 PM Edited by Sky_Light12, 23 June 2014 - 02:12 PM.

is this the crew ? http://socialclub.ro...seof1000corpses ( tag : 6969 )

if only Rockstar social club allows search by crew's tag

or this one : http://socialclub.ro..._of_1000_corpse ( tag : 1000 )

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

He's not bitching and moaning - quite the opposite actually.  This is a request for advice.  Should it go in the Q&A thread?

I'm a she lol. I felt this was general and broad. Happened online, and it's not a direct question thing so I just put it in the general forum.

u have guns op, shoot them bitches til you see "douchebag1999 has left"

I was shooting at first and then got my ass handed to me and folded lmao.

is this the crew ? http://socialclub.ro...seof1000corpses ( tag : 6969 )

if only Rockstar social club allows search by crew's tag

or this one : http://socialclub.ro..._of_1000_corpse ( tag : 1000 )

Nope. I tried searching on there and that's the only one I got. I'll try finding them if need be.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

pause > online > find new session 

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Stop your crying and change sessions.

I mentioned aggravation, no sign of tears. Sought better methods to deal with the situation by coming here, which I felt was reasonable enough. Maybe don't be a smartass and avoid posts you don't want to see to save trouble both ways. This game isn't scot-free bliss.

And again, I couldn't get to the start screen. I was stuck period.

Oh alright, my apologies.

No need, all good.

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

King of crap

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

I was in the same situation like several times. I just call Lester to be hidden and either head underground or a lengthy distance and send a mugger and mercenaries.
  • mesusmist likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Exactly. It's like saying "shut the f*ck up" without the balls to do so.
Which is weird, considering how ballsy everyone is, heh.

Well to be fair, there is a lot of outright bitching and moaning that I take it most people don't wanna hear, and that's the place people who do that need to be redirected to to keep from "taking up forum space with useless threads". just keep all the complaining in one place I figure lol.

On the other hand, it has really gotten out of control where peopl use it for a pure insult. For instance:

-"Man, keep losing races. Any one got advice?"

-"TAKE THAT S*** TO THE BITCHING AND MOANING THREAD PUSSY"

like really -.- where do people get off wit that lol.

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

tumblr_inline_mq392aBZgV1qz4rgp.gif

• Zwenkwiel likes this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Passive mode

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

try reading a thread before commenting thank you very much

• mesusmist likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

this one ? : it's nearly matched ur said , 1000 tag & title

xrL2orq.png

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

try reading a thread before commenting thank you very much
Tldr

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

I'm a she lol. I felt this was general and broad. Happened online, and it's not a direct question thing so I just put it in the general forum.

Lol - sorry about that.  Mentally prefix all my "he" with an "s" :)

I was joking about the Q&A thread as well.  The suggestion that this should go in the bitch & moan thread was puerile and so I responded in the same manner.  I thinks it's right where it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users