Photo

Why...why...

191 replies to this topic
mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:40 AM Edited by mesusmist, 23 June 2014 - 03:13 PM.

I'm in a session minding my business. This guy approaches and shoots me down. I think, alright. He does it again when I'm at AmmuNation. At that point I think the last straw was pulled, so I just throw a sticky on my own car, and when I'm driving, and he approaches I detonate it. Quick fix. His gun is obviously better and he has an entire posse with him by the time I drive over to where he's staked out so what really can I do?

Since then, he and the posse 2 of the people were in the same crew, 1 guy was just kind of there, then the initial guy; I guess they just met? I dunno, but it multiplied to more people) has taken it upon themselves to harass the sh*t out of me in the lobby, and I'm like okay. No. I shouldn't have to leave because these guys want to be jackasses. And that's still my thought process because I'm minding my business, but literally everywhere I've walked this guy has taken his stupid green Vacca and run me over mercilessly and just keeps doing it, then his friend in a pickup when I get to higher ground I swear I've never been ganged up on and I can do nothing but vent because it's 1 against 4 dudes just hanging around. I'm so pissed. It's a game but I'm pissed, and I could leave, but... 1) pride thing 2) the screen wouldn't stay, I don't know the codes, tactics to exit the premises in enough time, and 3) I just find it unfair that they can hang in this place and fool around and stalk me as one guy did with his golden rifle, and I'm just me.

Sometimes this game isn't for kicks. This forum anyhow, is just kind of to see if I could get better methods on what to do or if people have similar random griefing experiences.

EDIT: I forgot to note that I did try leaving at first multiple times, but the game doesn't pause so even when I managed to get to the start screen/pause, one of them would run me over and it would all disappear due to me dying. I didn't want to restart the entire console as I had just redone my car which then got destroyed, alongside other things that I felt would be jeopardized if I just restarted the game entirely. So no, a public lobby does not just mean "free reign." Technically, but not necessarily.

• ivarblaauw and strakan7 like this

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

It's just a game
  • liav114, YogurtStorm, PancakePoon and 1 other like this

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

pause > online > find new session 

• liav114, meatrocket8, jarz85 and 3 others like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

It's just a game

I know. Usually I just go about my time, but this has gone on for half an hour. It'd be easier if they weren't on the mics talking sh*t but it's like today is not the day for this game. 

SP1D3R-ZA
  • SP1D3R-ZA

It's still real to me...dammit!

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

What? My head just exploded...

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

pause > online > find new session 

I got that...had this game for a while. Still not going to stop me from venting or losing a pride complex. I'm pissed. People share experiences here. This is one of mine.

Sash
  • Sash

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

http://gtaforums.com...hl= bitch moan

• Dooma1090 and AlienOne like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

What? My head just exploded...

Basically, I was going around earning rep, etc. This dude approached. Attacks twice. I retaliate. He brings a crew of people to harass me wherever I go. Lasted a while. I got pissed. Only place to vent is here...or forums like these. So I did.

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Thug

• Members

Mercenaries, Mugger, Offradar, tank, Buzzard, Jet

They all help.

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

I understand the pride thing, but cut your losses and move on. You are their entertainment, and if anything, that's an insult to your pride.

• NikkoCharger, PelvisTornado, UltimateAntic and 1 other like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

Mercenaries, Mugger, Offradar, tank, Buzzard, Jet

They all help.

Considered. I didn't know how to go about it in the short period of time I had to do anything. The quickest was what I had on me.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:49 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 23 June 2014 - 11:51 AM.

but...pride thing

^^ This means they have 1 extra team member, and it's you.

You need to get over that or get used to this.

Edit: Up, left, X, X, X (or A, A, A if on Xbox).  Starts any old random job.  When the details come up just press circle (B) and you'll respawn at the job start point.

If they're real griefers then that will just give you a minute or two of breathing space.  I'd still recommend getting over the pride thing.  Been there, done that.  It's much better once that's gone and you can just leave.

• Gunslinger_GK, ninjaontour, NikkoCharger and 3 others like this

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Personally I would go off radar and create a big distance between us....if they kept coming I would either hold up in place to ambush them on arrival OR set a couple of bounties on their gang to distract them...if they all fail I would normally change session but imagine some people like that would just follow me to a new lobby so first I would appear offline then switch lobbies.

• mesusmist likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

I welcome people trying to bully me. It's a challenge. But sometimes you just don't stand a chance.

I think it was last month that a group of four players decided to grief me. One in a tank, one on foot, and two in a fire truck. I was in passive mode because of the tank but couldn't go anywhere because of the fire truck. One thing you can do is just let them kill you in passive mode. They'll lose money and get bored quick. Have a smoke or make yourself a cup of coffee while you wait. I was stubborn and fought back. Got a few good kills in but there was really nothing I could do.

Had a blast anyway :)

• PelvisTornado, mesusmist and cebo84 like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:59 AM Edited by mesusmist, 23 June 2014 - 12:01 PM.

I understand the pride thing, but cut your losses and move on. You are their entertainment, and if anything, that's an insult to your pride.

Yeah, I got that. I've been playing this since November. In the months, never had as much of a problem as this so I had to let it out. And I figured similar experiences would ensue but I forgot this forum consists mostly of sarcasm, so.

but...pride thing

^^ This means they have 1 extra team member, and it's you.

You need to get over that or get used to this.

Edit: Up, left, X, X, X (or A, A, A if on Xbox).  Starts any old random job.  When the details come up just press circle (B) and you'll respawn at the job start point.

If they're real griefers then that will just give you a minute or two of breathing space.  I'd still recommend getting over the pride thing.  Been there, done that.  It's much better once that's gone and you can just leave.

That's what I ended up doing. I'm not the kind of person to be told what to do or to change myself for other people. I know I have a pride complex and sometimes when I play for a while it gets intense. I'm not a beginner as I know my way around I was just pissed. I thought I'd share that situation. My main issue was it went beyond the game and they sent me messages and I had to block them. Literally I've never been griefed so hard in this game so I'm beyond done rn.

Thanks.

I welcome people trying to bully me. It's a challenge. But sometimes you just don't stand a chance.

I think it was last month that a group of four players decided to grief me. One in a tank, one on foot, and two in a fire truck. I was in passive mode because of the tank but couldn't go anywhere because of the fire truck. One thing you can do is just let them kill you in passive mode. They'll lose money and get bored quick. Have a smoke or make yourself a cup of coffee while you wait. I was stubborn and fought back. Got a few good kills in but there was really nothing I could do.

Had a blast anyway :)

That's very similar to how I wanted to do things. I eventually when to go blog sh*t and Facebook because the more they did kill me while Passive is the more money I got bc of the hospital bill they had to pay. I got a good portion of money from it. And then I think one guy felt bad on the chat, so he brought over a jet and shot them off of me lol.

tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif

Personally I would go off radar and create a big distance between us....if they kept coming I would either hold up in place to ambush them on arrival OR set a couple of bounties on their gang to distract them...if they all fail I would normally change session but imagine some people like that would just follow me to a new lobby so first I would appear offline then switch lobbies.

Thanks. I need some sort of strategy. My only thing with the bounties was that they'd probably just kill each other and split my money. They messaged me and it's like, one person after another is approaching me in this game some how. I want to keep playing but like, no matter what I do from this point one of them is around to send or enact something. I've gone into races, and a mission. It's getting weird. 

WarnerKiller
  • WarnerKiller

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

I think everybody has experienced this sort've thing once or twice. I had it back when online first came out and some douche decided to spawn camp me and a friend with his supercar. He just kept reversing up to us and shooting from the safety of his bulletproof car, like a big pussy.

In the end I got fed up and threw down a sticky in the southern entrance of the main LSC just as he was coming round the corner, then got on the wall. Just as he slowly reversed into the driveway of LSC I blew him up and laughed heartily down the mic at him. I think I was flat broke at the time too, so he had to pay his own insurance.

That gave me long enough to get away from the area to somewhere that he couldn't spawn camp me. He was a much higher level than we were, so we didn't have much chance. The few kills we got were very satisfying though.
  • mesusmist likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

If I've learned anything from multiplayer videogames, it's that there are times when you set aside your pride.

Honestly, it's not them hurting you in that scenario. It's your pride, making you stay there, making you face them again and again until you straight up lose it or think you're somehow getting the one-up over them.

Some days you just gotta call it in early, feel?
  • ZeroSafe5615 and mesusmist like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

I think everybody has experienced this sort've thing once or twice. I had it back when online first came out and some douche decided to spawn camp me and a friend with his supercar. He just kept reversing up to us and shooting from the safety of his bulletproof car, like a big pussy.

In the end I got fed up and threw down a sticky in the southern entrance of the main LSC just as he was coming round the corner, then got on the wall. Just as he slowly reversed into the driveway of LSC I blew him up and laughed heartily down the mic at him. I think I was flat broke at the time too, so he had to pay his own insurance.

That gave me long enough to get away from the area to somewhere that he couldn't spawn camp me. He was a much higher level than we were, so we didn't have much chance. The few kills we got were very satisfying though.

Nice outcome. I tried to sticky this one of the guys' cars but it was armored to the max. By the time I got another, I was already run over again. However when I got back up I threw a bomb directly onto one of the guys and that was pretty satisfying as he seemed completely ticked off via chat.

If I've learned anything from multiplayer videogames, it's that there are times when you set aside your pride.

Honestly, it's not them hurting you in that scenario. It's your pride, making you stay there, making you face them again and again until you straight up lose it or think you're somehow getting the one-up over them.

Some days you just gotta call it in early, feel?

I feel.

Before moving onto sandbox type games I was one of the few people who still managed to hang onto Black Ops. Used to playing with kids who were younger and blew up over everything, so staying and toughing everything out seemed more necessary than backing down to them.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Assassin's Creed/GTA Connoisseur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by The7thOne, 23 June 2014 - 12:14 PM.

Rockstar should add an harassment crew lobby, and a standard "regular" lobby. Also, make passive mode like non contact. I feel your pain, OP.

• mesusmist and Supreme Gentlemen like this

RSRocks
  • RSRocks

Hobby-Musician

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Put all of your cash to the bank, stand in the middle of the road and lay some sticky bombs down. They come near, you explode them. If they kill you before you get the chance to trigger the bombs, just trigger them in the "Wasted" Screen (it's possible since 1.14)

• mesusmist likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, I see what you're coming from. I come from Uncharted 3, where fights can get so tense you insult each other using clan tags, taunting animations, all that shizz.

Seriously though. You gotta know when it's going too far.

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:20 PM Edited by mesusmist, 23 June 2014 - 12:21 PM.

Put all of your cash to the bank, stand in the middle of the road and lay some sticky bombs down. They come near, you explode them. If they kill you before you get the chance to trigger the bombs, just trigger them in the "Wasted" Screen (it's possible since 1.14)

Oh, f*ck. Really? That's dope. I'm glad you said that. I've been assuming they were just gone for a while now whenever I didn't detonate them in time.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

I'm lost.  How does that help if they're nowhere near the bombs when they go off?  You're basically exploding money as well as getting griefed.

• paulmgrath likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

Rockstar should add an harassment crew lobby, and a standard "regular" lobby. Also, make passive mode like non contact. I feel your pain, OP.

I thought the bad sport would cover it, but def not. Would be convenient to have a lobby for that so they can all drive each other insane from the nonstop griefing that would occur between all of those users. They would def feel the pain of having to compromise their games. 

And yeah, passive needs a bit of work. The first time I played in passive mode I was run over by this monster pickup while in passive and I was just confused by what went down and how he managed to accomplish that.

• The7thOne likes this

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

You are welcome to play with my crew, we only screw around and do missions, so you can do whatever you need to do and occasionally drop a car on someone with a Cargobob without being ganged on. (the whole "find new session" or "play by yourself" comments are really unhelpful and regular sessions usually contain these kind of people.) If we do go into public we only ever attack people that do sh*t like you described.

• mesusmist likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Assassin's Creed/GTA Connoisseur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

I thought the bad sport would cover it, but def not. Would be convenient to have a lobby for that so they can all drive each other insane from the nonstop griefing that would occur between all of those users. They would def feel the pain of having to compromise their games. 

And yeah, passive needs a bit of work. The first time I played in passive mode I was run over by this monster pickup while in passive and I was just confused by what went down and how he managed to accomplish that.

To be fair, bad sport is a broken piece of shi*! that needs to be reworked. Also, at the very least, they should make passive mode to where you can still kill NPCS. Getting a wanted level with passive mode is just begging to get ranted on.

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

You are welcome to play with my crew, we only screw around and do missions, so you can do whatever you need to do and occasionally drop a car on someone with a Cargobob without being ganged on. (the whole "find new session" or "play by yourself" comments are really unhelpful and regular sessions usually contain these kind of people.) If we do go into public we only ever attack people that do sh*t like you described.

I'd be down to play with your crew. I found a few that I hang around and play with, which has helped with being able to play and get things achieved without being shot down every five minutes. Thanks.

To be fair, bad sport is a broken piece of shi*! that needs to be reworked. Also, at the very least, they should make passive mode to where you can still kill NPCS. Getting a wanted level with passive mode is just begging to get ranted on.

I agree.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

I'd be down to play with your crew. I found a few that I hang around and play with, which has helped with being able to play and get things achieved without being shot down every five minutes. Thanks.

Cool. Are you on Xbox? You can also let me know if players are doing this again (I love sniping people out of nowhere so should be fun) 

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

It's a public lobby. People can do whatever they want. Try invite only.
  • gizmonomono likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

It's a public lobby. People can do whatever they want. Try invite only.

Except they can't, or shouldn't. No.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users