Photo

Spoilers = Huge handling change.

135 replies to this topic
secrules2
  • secrules2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

I noticed that its glitchy when I put the spoiler on my new Banshee.

The traction stat would only show an increase after hovering over the 2nd spoiler. If I backed out of the menu and went back in I could highlight the first and the third spoiler and traction wouldn't change. As soon as I went over the middle spoiler the traction stat showed the increase and then the increase remained when hovering over all three.

I really don't know if this does anything or if that stat just shows glitchy... people have such a wild placebo effect in their minds when they see something like this and then report on it like its fact.

It is glitchy with how it shows up but once any of them are on and you go to remove it you will see the decrease every time. That and it's a huge improvement on some of the cars and I hate how most of them look but as a driver that doesn't like to slow down I need them :blush:.

Tabrizi
  • Tabrizi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

So in other words technically we cannot improve Adder,s performance as there is no spoiler for that car... Its good and bad , for instance it is logical that a spoiler improves performance and should not be treated as mere cosmetic change but i have an Infernus it has a spoiler by default color coded but it has to be fitted that black spoiler to improve traction, doesn't make much sense R* should fix this also

• dyspoid likes this

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

So in other words technically we cannot improve Adder,s performance as there is no spoiler for that car... Its good and bad , for instance it is logical that a spoiler improves performance and should not be treated as mere cosmetic change but i have an Infernus it has a spoiler by default color coded but it has to be fitted that black spoiler to improve traction, doesn't make much sense R* should fix this also

Definitely. The stock spoiler is the nicest of the available options for the Infernus.

• Tabrizi, PandaLambpaws and goldadderXD like this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:42 PM Edited by Bozzah, 14 October 2014 - 01:42 PM.

think this way: there are simply cars with better handling and there are some with better speed

the possibility is just an opportunity to enhance the handling, but it is already better so it doesn't really matter

AhmadMJamal
  • AhmadMJamal

Tis' The Season, BITCH!

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

I've never been a fan of spoilers on most of my cars but now it's almost a necessity, definitely if you plan on racing. It really "spoils" the look of my Massacro and Vacca!

Bang on - I didn't want a spoiler on my Massacro, Jester or Felon but it's now a necessity :(

Still, Felon with spoiler seems to be on a par with Exemplar which shakes the coupe class up a bit :D

Loved my slick Massacro - maybe I'll take the spoiler back off and just use the Jester for racing (Elegy is on my other character), there's just something wrong about ruining the clean lines of some of the cars...

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

That Massacro is classy as f*ck!

Tabrizi
  • Tabrizi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:48 PM Edited by Tabrizi, 14 October 2014 - 01:50 PM.

For me as Dyspoid said I love the default spoiler on infernus it suits it perfectly just wish it also had that performance gain as those ugly black ones...

Dirty80s
  • Dirty80s

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

Is there ANYTHING you people DONT bitch about ?

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

Yes, lots of people don't complain about people jumping on a thread with nothing constructive to add just because they're having a blobstrop

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

I've never been a fan of spoilers on most of my cars but now it's almost a necessity, definitely if you plan on racing. It really "spoils" the look of my Massacro and Vacca!

Bang on - I didn't want a spoiler on my Massacro, Jester or Felon but it's now a necessity :(

Still, Felon with spoiler seems to be on a par with Exemplar which shakes the coupe class up a bit :D

Still not the best coupe technically, the Zion with a spoiler is better on non-highway races.

goldadderXD
  • goldadderXD

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by goldadderXD, 14 October 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Still not the best coupe technically, the Zion with a spoiler is better on non-highway races.

honestly i feel like the diference isnt that great(between the top 3 coupe cars now)

besides the fact many people dont bother about custom coupes in races it seems, since spoilers improve traction and i have an felon 4 door, i was able to generaly destroy the competition with it, even if they had a custom zion :)

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

Loved my slick Massacro - maybe I'll take the spoiler back off and just use the Jester for racing (Elegy is on my other character), there's just something wrong about ruining the clean lines of some of the cars...

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Is that a cream coloured Massacro?

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

I don't get some people complaining over having to put a wing on their car. Most cars have options for smaller, more stylish spoilers or even lip spoilers, but so many people act like they have to put that oversized GT/Drift wing on to be competitive now. No you don't, guys. Just put one of the smaller spoilers on and you're good to go. Or, if you really don't want one, just brush up on your driving skills if needed and you'll be able to compete with most racers out there, even if they have spoilers on their cars.

I don't usually put the biggest wing on because it looks stupid. I'd rather make my car look nice.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Is that a cream coloured Massacro?

I've got a spoiler on my carbonizzare.

Wheeling and Dealing
  • Wheeling and Dealing

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:53 PM

I don't get some people complaining over having to put a wing on their car. Most cars have options for smaller, more stylish spoilers or even lip spoilers, but so many people act like they have to put that oversized GT/Drift wing on to be competitive now. No you don't, guys. Just put one of the smaller spoilers on and you're good to go. Or, if you really don't want one, just brush up on your driving skills if needed and you'll be able to compete with most racers out there, even if they have spoilers on their cars.

I put that one on my jester as a joke and ended up loving it. *only on jester though

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

Yeah at first I had my jester all clean, but I couldn't resist putting a wing on it in the end.

TimboSlice
  • TimboSlice

Stock Car Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by TimboSlice, 4 weeks ago.

As a Car/Motorsports enthusiast, it kinda sucks that they made the spoiler traction differences exactly the same (because realism), BUT I see why they did it. I sure as heck don't want to put the GT wing on my IROC-Z by any means. So in a way, I'm glad they did it that like.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

In real life where someone puts a large butt-ugly on a car to make it look "cool" and it isn't specifically designed for that vehicle, it can make the handling even worse
  • Groper17nz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users