Spoilers = Huge handling change.

135 replies to this topic
MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Dewbauchee CEO

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

agreed, you dont have to put the spoilers on just because it improves the handling. I for one only put spoilers on cars that i think suit them, the stock massacro  for example looks better without but with the extra splitters etc it suits the big wing well (in my opinion). Dont rush for the advantage just because its there...

Style and substance is as important as form and function in my book. I'm glad though that a lot of cars in the game have at least one decent spoiler.

I agree. I'd leave the massacro with the stock bumpers and no wing. It already looks amazing right off the bat.

Yeah I'm the same with the Massacro. It's a beautiful car stock and adding a spoiler ruins it. It only looks good with a spoiler if you fully race mod it to look like a LM racer.

Although now the spoilers make a difference I may re-buy a 9F Cabrio. It was the first car I bought online and loved it at the time. Unfortunately I had to sell it due to lack of use and I needed garage space.

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

who the F cares about spoilers? we were fine before so its not a big deal.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

9F looks nice with a spoiler.

Just don't go overboard with the race look. No carbon. Don't do that. That's weird. We're going for a middle between GT/Forza and NFS, not full NFS.

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Dewbauchee CEO

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

9F looks nice with a spoiler.

Just don't go overboard with the race look. No carbon. Don't do that. That's weird. We're going for a middle between GT/Forza and NFS, not full NFS.

The 9f cabrio I bought in the beginning had the small spoiler. My taste in cars has changed so I probably won't go down the carbon rims route like I did on the first car when I re-buy one.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

No spoiler on my Infernus.

Not now, not ever.

This! Only car I have the SPOILER on is teh Sultan!

• ninjaontour likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

This is only a factor if you are a racer because it does shave off seconds..  And if you are a racer i don't think a spoiler would matter.

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by Jimrod, 23 June 2014 - 01:47 PM.

This is only a factor if you are a racer because it does shave off seconds..  And if you are a racer i don't think a spoiler would matter.

But then I've raced some very good racers where it's been extremely competitive - especially with collisions off where there are far less variables, a second or two can make a big difference, especially over multiple laps.

Even with collisions off - someone pulling ahead can be a big distraction and cause you to make mistakes in an effort to catch up! :)

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

But then I've raced some very good racers where it's been extremely competitive - especially with collisions off where there are far less variables, a second or two can make a big difference, especially over multiple laps.

Even with collisions off - someone pulling ahead can be a big distraction and cause you to make mistakes in an effort to catch up! :)

Well..   Im not really a big fan of non contact.

But it is what it is.  If you race alot and race against other racers then you are probably gonna want a spoiler.  And looks barely matter.

If you barely race then spoliers are not that big a deal

FAT CURRY
  • FAT CURRY

Benefactor Collector

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

The Carbonizarre is beastly now with the tweak to traction.  It doesn't change the way you drive the car, but it shaves loads of time off corners.  Just gave it a spin on a few Dockyard laps.  I didn't want a spoiler on it, but I do use the car for certain races and it certainly makes a big difference.  The cheaper spoiler isn't as much of an eye-sore either.  

• jdkzombie likes this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

Spoilers aren't going to help you take turns.

In other words: If you consider yourself a good racer, and you're afraid of being beaten because of this addition to the game, maybe you're not such a good racer.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

In other words: If you consider yourself a good racer, and you're afraid of being beaten because of this addition to the game, maybe you're not such a good racer.

Well it is shaving seconds off alot of times.   So they are gonna help you make turns 'faster'..  Which is a big deal if you are a fan of racing

• jdkzombie, Intoxica7ed, Jimrod and 2 others like this

Intoxica7ed
  • Intoxica7ed

Rickdiculous

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:56 PM Edited by Intoxica7ed, 23 June 2014 - 03:04 PM.

But I don't want to put a spoiler on my Zentorno! I will have to though to keep up with my crew.

If it raises traction I would imagine it has an effect on how fast you can take a turn with out losing the back end or under-steering. This would be helping you take turns.

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Well it is shaving seconds off alot of times.   So they are gonna help you make turns 'faster'..  Which is a big deal if you are a fan of racing

But I don't want to put a spoiler on my Zentorno! I will have to though to keep up wit my crew.

If it raises traction I would imagine it has and effect on how fast you can take a turn with out losing the back end or under-steering. This would be helping you take turns.

You're both right, I was more or less referring to the fact that adding a spoiler won't suddenly make you a better racer - used wrong words. My bad.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'm going to be a hipster and start hating on spoilers first

f*ck YOU SPOILER WEARER-ERs...  You guys are just as bad as dollar rim people and chrome Adders

Spoiler

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Gaudium Enim Victoria

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 23 June 2014 - 03:19 PM.

Spoiler

Sorry, had to be done.

• beretta-gt88, Bongsquirrel, RoachKiller_416 and 4 others like this

Lord Darantuin
  • Lord Darantuin

Boogieman

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

WELL THEN! I wasn't wrong when I thought I noticed a significant difference on Warrener's handling after implementing a lip spoiler. Now the oversteer is even more controllable and I'm loving it :)

I think things like this are GREAT! I wish they'd give us even more options to customize our vehicles behavior on a minute level.

Like seamless suspension tuning? How great would it be if you could independently adjust your front and rear springs (slider bar adjustment) to get JUST the kind of profile you're looking for, for your driving style and setup.

Same with tire setup, tire width and thread for an example.

I remember back 10 years ago or so, there was some Need For Speed game which allowed you to take your car to bench and adjust everything from turbo pressure to drivetrain and sh*t, I used to love how you could make the car behave just the way you wanted. Oh and there was a tool for GTA SA on PC where you could also adjust pretty much ANYTHING you can imagine, car mechanics related for any car in the game :)

Stuff like that (even minor additions at a time) would really spice the game up to a whole new level of driving experience.

• strakan7, Jimrod and FAT CURRY like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Try the drag wing on the blade, makes a huge difference to control, almost feels AWD. I hate spoilers but you need to be totally uber not to gain advantage racing with them. I'm glad you gain advantage with small ones, I really don't want to fit a 'Big Ghey Wing' ©
  • DriveLikeAViking likes this

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Spoiler

Sorry, had to be done.

BUAAAAAAHAAAA

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

So now i gotta add that ugly racing spoiler onto my Zentorno in order to match other peoples ugly Zentornos? f*ck!

PinkRibbonScars
  • PinkRibbonScars

Also known as happpy11

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Can anyone confirm this with codes/ingame files?

Are you sure it's not a placebo affect?

This. I'm wondering the same thing. 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

I say...kersh kerds.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

So now i gotta add that ugly racing spoiler onto my Zentorno in order to match other peoples ugly Zentornos? f*ck!

The other ones work as well.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

I say...kersh kerds.

Man, all this cool stuff I'm missing out on...I really needs to get me one of these magical kersh kerds.

They seem like the ticket to EVERYTHING!

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

And you can see the stat bar go up a bit.

• Intoxica7ed likes this

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

really love how the comet zooms around every corner with even less fishtail than before

So you're telling me that the GT Wing is worth more than just getting caught on everything...

0_0.jpg

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

And you can see the stat bar go up a bit.

Ugh.. Cutting corners....      I think he keeps forgetting that the Sultan is the faster 4 door too...lol

lunaticz0r
  • lunaticz0r

Crazy Dutch Drugs

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

I don't get some people complaining over having to put a wing on their car. Most cars have options for smaller, more stylish spoilers or even lip spoilers, but so many people act like they have to put that oversized GT/Drift wing on to be competitive now. No you don't, guys. Just put one of the smaller spoilers on and you're good to go. Or, if you really don't want one, just brush up on your driving skills if needed and you'll be able to compete with most racers out there, even if they have spoilers on their cars.

this!

if you just out-drive the people you dont need a spoiler....

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Are you sure all level spoilers give the same traction? I could have sworn last night i saw rhe level 1 spoiler increase grip less than top tier spoiler.
  • manicmechanic71 likes this

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

I wish that each performance and body mod actually affected the overall car.

Like Engine 1-4 are different besides but a higher stat.  Same with transmissions.  There should be long gear ratio, and short gear ratio options.  There should also be more than a single f*cking turbo option.  I would like to have a supercharger.  And possibly a turbo with a blowoff valve that doesnt operate at 200 dB.  Suspension should affect handling. There should be a handling stat, and get rid of that traction nonsense.

But yeah, I added the spoiler to my Carbo, and that thing blazes through corners with more confidence than before.

• PandaLambpaws likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

The jester looks incredible with that big GT wing on the back. Love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users