Photo

GTA 5 Conspiracy: Rockstar Is Purposely Delaying Heists

152 replies to this topic
shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:32 PM Edited by shattered-minds, 23 June 2014 - 01:33 PM.

I think everyone in this thread that believes there is a conspiracy beyond 'they are working on it, be f*cking patient you entitled little sh*ts' needs to have a sit down, think about their lives, and just wait. 

I have honestly never seen such a bunch of immature, whiny bullsh*t in my life. 

Whilst I think this conspiracy BS is well, BS. I can understand people's frustrations. It was advertised as part of the game and 7 months down the line there is still no word of these heists just that they are coming, which is all they have said.

And...?

They will release them when they're ready. Unless you guys simply CAN'T live without them and want bugged, unplayable versions that make you all complain EVEN MORE. 

Because people have paid for a feature that over half a year after purchasing, still do not have it. Because regardless of whether or not you believe GTA Online to be "free" heists were advertised as part of GTA Online and as part of the reason to buy GTA V and over half a year after buying the game, these heists are nowhere to be seen.

You can keep saying we should wait or we'll get a buggy, unplayable mess, but that's just a strawman arguement as it doesn't excuse Rockstar for taking far too long to release these heists in the first place.

It amazes me how you're still OK with the fact a feature that was advertised is 7 months on and nowhere to be seen. Is it a Rockstar thing? A videogame thing? Would you be ok with buying anything else with an advertised feature with the promise of it arriving soon and 7 months later still not getting it?

• sqre, Donut, AddamHusayin and 4 others like this

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

That dubsta is beautiful.

u mispelled fugly hehehee

Maro Hannover
  • Maro Hannover

Scriptboy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Ron is a Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist

What does that mean even what is conspiracy?

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Leaked heists update:

http://i.imgur.com/WDBx2We.png

Is this fake or another too soon released leak like it was with "I'm not a Hispter" update. With that update there was a similar leak some days before everyone knew about it.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:45 PM Edited by AhmadJ, 23 June 2014 - 01:46 PM.

Leaked heists update:

Is this fake or another too soon released leak like it was with "I'm not a Hispter" update. With that update there was a similar leak some days before everyone knew about it.

looks legit to me

i guess rockstar will release it unexpectedly sometime next week or next month or... never

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:19 PM Edited by Waingro, 23 June 2014 - 02:19 PM.

Glad we'll get a revolver if this picture is legitimate. I'm going to pre-whine though, after 7 months of delays, we're going to get four heists in totality? I hope these jobs actually require teamwork and communication and are in depth and long.

"Run here, smash this, run away" won't cut it.

• JRock462 likes this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

I don't see any actual reason for them to delay it... in fact it will be worst if they release it close to CG/ PC.

Think about it, if they release it now people with LG will play the game now and they might spend some money now, specially knowing their account will be moved ot CG when they get the game again. So there is no reason to hold it, specially now that we know it's coming and you'll be able to use the same account and your online progress, so you can still play it after. It's not like people are waiting for heists to buy the game on CG/ PC.

The only reason i see for them delaying it is just technical problems, or general tweaking, they must have some stability issues that they need to iron out. Although I think they might be close, they've been in silence for long time and in the last post they talked about heists and said that they'll release them as soon as they are ready. Which means they are close to completion, otherwise they've keep in silence like they've done till now.

Remember what R* once said, they rather say nothing then say things that they'll be forced to not achieve in time, so they are very careful with what they say and when they say.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 23 June 2014 - 09:07 PM.

Do you think Rockstar is delaying Heists closer to Next Gen release of GTA5 to make more money ?

I doubt it, i would think a SP DLC would be released when the NG is released. there going to release something to get everyone to buy it. Heist would only be geared more towards the online crowd which is dying by the hour.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by Delta India Echo, 23 June 2014 - 09:11 PM.

Leaked heists update:

It's fake you dumbass. It was made by some random guy named Jimbothy in a preview for the IMNAH DLC cars.

radshad
  • radshad

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Maybe they'll make it a PS4/XBO exclusive at this point so people have more of an incentive to upgrade their system/game...that would actually be dubiously genius.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

I could easily see them waiting for next generation to release it on all simultaneously. And if they do, as a last gen customer I'd be pretty pissed. If thats the case then we are definitely all playing a beta right now. They're testing the waters getting all the bugs fixed before the true launch of what V should have been from the start.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

No. Why would they waste money waiting this long, they should of released during January for max profits

How would of releasing heists in January made them more money?

I think this video is pretty spot on.

Remember when R* said this game would be based around the "Pursuit of the Almighty Dollar"
Yeah that meant that for their company, as well as the in game story.

I also have no idea about that January thing. I mean January next year would make more sense. Just imagine, when V is out for PC and next gen, so I guess lots of ppl are thinking wether to play on the old console or maybe even get the new one because of some new features and enhanced graphics. Even though they already own the old console and V. 

So this way of thinking would increase the sales of V again. It would be like a little extra - not for the players, but for R* in form of extra profit for them. 

And sadly it is true, but the whole R* company is around the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Since GTA III. 

TJtheS2000fan
  • TJtheS2000fan

That guy from that thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

Doesn't some code in the Not a Hipster update prep for heists?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

Maybe Rockstar used the old Bait and Switch technique? They say that heists are coming, but they give you something else. What do you think?

Cheers.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:15 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 24 June 2014 - 11:18 AM.

Would you be ok with buying anything else with an advertised feature with the promise of it arriving soon and 7 months later still not getting it?

If it meant that it was working correctly when it was released, yes, I would. I bought a PS4, it doesn't have some of the promised features yet. Can I live without them until they're released? Yes, because I have other stuff to do in the mean time. 

And you've kind of stepped in your own sh*t here. Online was free. You didn't pay for it, nor any of the updates within it. You paid for V, which has also received free updates. 

I would love to see the collective of arse-aching idiots on this forum do a better job.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if this is your main priority, if this is a big deal and that you can't distract yourself with other things, even, GASP, NON GAME THINGS, until it's released, then you need to grow up, man up and sort your f*cking life out. 

THIS IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT. Take a look outside your window. See that world out there? YEAH, that's HAPPENING OUT THERE. 

Get involved in it, it's really neat. 

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

I think the plan was always to release it AFTER the PC/NG releases so it can be bought by users of all systems simultaneously (not only practical, but $$$). Otherwise, they have to release it twice in order to target all those different platforms, which would cost them more money and probably see less back.

So, the DLC could easily have been delayed because the PC/NG version was delayed.

So yeah, it may be to make more money, it may be to save more money, or it may be to do the most logical damn thing possible, which is to release the DLC once and once only.

And people say this whole "R* just want to make money" thing like it's a huge revelation. No, every company wants to make money. However, Rockstar North have a good development team, and R* have shown themselves to be very enthusiastic about all their game releases. Yes, because it sells. So why would they not try to do everything perfectly?

• Fuzzknuckles and A Maned Wolf like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

I think the plan was always to release it AFTER the PC/NG releases so it can be bought by users of all systems simultaneously (not only practical, but $$$). Otherwise, they have to release it twice in order to target all those different platforms, which would cost them more money and probably see less back.

So, the DLC could easily have been delayed because the PC/NG version was delayed.

So yeah, it may be to make more money, it may be to save more money, or it may be to do the most logical damn thing possible, which is to release the DLC once and once only.

And people say this whole "R* just want to make money" thing like it's a huge revelation. No, every company wants to make money. However, Rockstar North have a good development team, and R* have shown themselves to be very enthusiastic about all their game releases. Yes, because it sells. So why would they not try to do everything perfectly?

Exactly. 

This is a company that needs an audience to survive. Why would they do something as stupid as deliberately drive away the people that make it possible for them to exist?

Gamers - not just arseholes. Also stupid. Stupid arseholes. 

Alarming
  • Alarming

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Now for the question that is never answered....

Where is this magical comment from rockstsr on their own site that says that heists would be released when online went live???
  • A Maned Wolf likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Now for the question that is never answered....

Where is this magical comment from rockstsr on their own site that says that heists would be released when online went live???

They said it would be coming in Spring, it's now Summer. 

But like I say, if this is the most important thing in people's lives and they're this worked up by a feature in a video game which they will almost certainly find a million reasons to bitch about when they finally get it, then those people need to sort themselves out. 

R* make games. They make good games. Let them do that. They'll deliver when they're ready. Stop acting like they owe you something - you paid for your copy of V, you got your copy of V. Beyond that, it's all in their hands. No one cares if you're upset or think there's a conspiracy. 

People that believe in conspiracies are generally f*cking idiots. This thread proves that. 

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

Possibly. I mean, it is Rockstar. Also, it would make sense. We're playing GTA 5 on 10 year old consoles.

They're not even eight years old yet.

Glockinmypocket
  • Glockinmypocket

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

These "Conspiracies" are starting to get old. 

• Fuzzknuckles and Shaundi. like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Maybe they'll make it a PS4/XBO exclusive at this point so people have more of an incentive to upgrade their system/game...that would actually be unethical and dishonest.

Fixed. If R* releases heists for xb1/ps4/pc only, it will be a major FU to the fans who bought the game on ps3/360 who made rockstar their precious billions. Not everyone has the cash to run out and spend $500 on next gen and a new copy of V.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

They'll get here when they do, and I don't personally mind the wait; I'm satisfied as long as I'm thrown a bone every month. GTA: O is still a pretty fun game to me.

I just hope that it doesn't turn out as the DLC for Skyrim was on the consoles. That is, heists being released on next gen exclusively or on only one platform until they "fix" it for the others.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Maybe they'll make it a PS4/XBO exclusive at this point so people have more of an incentive to upgrade their system/game...that would actually be unethical and dishonest.

Fixed. If R* releases heists for xb1/ps4/pc only, it will be a major FU to the fans who bought the game on ps3/360 who made rockstar their precious billions. Not everyone has the cash to run out and spend $500 on next gen and a new copy of V.

They've already done something similar on a smaller scale in regards to the iFruit app. Though it was eventually released on Android, it took a long time to do so. We also shouldn't forget what John Koller said earlier this month, about how there's going to be something special for the PS4 version of GTA 5, as well as how "GTA is a Playstation franchise."

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Always Dapper

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

yes, buts not a conspiracy ! its just good business !! HEIST need to be an exclusive when next gen launches! great selling point. Good call if they do! . Then again if they want to beta test heist on me on my current platform then that's fine too. The content creators are more interesting and have more potential than pre-made heists anyway.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by blk95ta, 24 June 2014 - 01:31 PM.

yes, buts not a conspiracy ! its just good business !! HEIST need to be an exclusive when next gen launches! great selling point. Good call if they do! . Then again if they want to beta test heist on me on my current platform then that's fine too. The content creators are more interesting and have more potential than pre-made heists anyway.

If R* only releases heists for PS4, I bet there will be a lawsuit for false advertising. Heists were an integral part of the GTAO trailer and before the "GTAO is free" crowd jumps in, AFAIK you can only play GTAO if you purchased GTAV, therefore it is not free. It's just like those deals offering a free big screen TV if you buy a new car. The cost of the TV is hidden in what you paid for the car, it isn't really free.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"Boobs Are Under-Powered"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

I still say if you brought this game only for heists, you are the best tool in the tool box.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

GTAO heists have burned a permanent hole in the hearts and minds of GTA players...

Your grandchildren will be told bedtime stories of it:

"Once upon a time, there was a place called rockstar that promised us somethin special....."

WesternMotorcycleCo.
  • WesternMotorcycleCo.

Western Motorcycle Company Cruisers

• WMCC
  • Ireland

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

lurminerti confirmd

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

I still say if you brought this game only for heists, you are the best tool in the tool box.

Is the best tool the sharpest or is it the most blunt one .__.?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users