Quantcast

» «
Photo

TV Window Island

110 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite GTA Radio Station (208 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite GTA Radio Station?

1. Worldwide FM (10 votes [4.81%])

Percentage of vote: 4.81%

2. Radio Mirror Park (47 votes [22.60%])

Percentage of vote: 22.60%

3. Blaine County Radio (5 votes [2.40%])

Percentage of vote: 2.40%

4. West Coast Talk Radio (4 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

5. Blue Ark FM (4 votes [1.92%])

6. Flylo FM (7 votes [3.37%])

Percentage of vote: 3.37%

7. The Lowdown 91.1 (7 votes [3.37%])

Percentage of vote: 3.37%

8. West Coast Classics (30 votes [14.42%])

Percentage of vote: 14.42%

9. East Los FM (2 votes [0.96%])

Percentage of vote: 0.96%

10. Soulwax FM (5 votes [2.40%])

11. Rebel Radio (11 votes [5.29%])

Percentage of vote: 5.29%

12. Channel X (5 votes [2.40%])

13. Radio Los Santos (5 votes [2.40%])

14. Non Stop Pop FM (16 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

15. Vinewood Boulevard Radio (4 votes [1.92%])

16. Los Santos Rock Radio (41 votes [19.71%])

Percentage of vote: 19.71%

17. Space 103.2 (5 votes [2.40%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

Anyone else do this?

CYLLZTC.jpg

I do things like this lol, but I use Spotify. 

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Basicallly I'm new to GTA as...I've only watched family members play beforehand and never desired to buy one myself until someone got me this game for Christmas. I am now hooked. I'm unfamiliar with other radio stations aside from gaining suggestions to ones from previous games, then I go search for the songs. The point of this was to just find interesting music and broaden some sort of horizons on the whole music aspect of the game. Jesus christ.

I never really understood, despite not knowing of previous stations, how people dislike EVERY aspect of GTA V's radio, because some of the songs are great and not something you'd just go listen to on the radio irl. I believe anything that offers a vast arrangement of music is valid and something I can pick around and choose something off of to suit my taste palate. People are generally so opposed to new sh*t it's odd, but I mean. To each their own.

I'm assuming you're a gamer and how did you NOT wanna play ANY of the other GTA games? I have loved the music in ALL the GTA games. MAYBE not EACH song, but I can agree that each song in each game was memorable and got a few listens from me. My favorite station is Radio X.

Every summer a handful of family members would rent a beach house and ALL we'd play is GTA or Street lol, so I never bothered or had a true desire to buy any GTA games. The only reason I got V is because it was a Christmas gift and my mom assumed that this would suit me. I'm more of a survival horror type and action-adv, like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls, then anything with zombies I usually flock to. When I purchased both Dead Island games I had gotten into the open-world, sandbox division of gaming more so GTA seemed like it was a good next shift for me.

What the f*ck is up with that random font?

On Topic:

1. Los Santos Rock Radio - Great songs, (except Too Late For Goodbyes, Baker Street, Rock'n' Me and possibly another one I cannot remember).

2. Radio Mirror Park - Usually I avoid hipster related culture, although the songs are f*cking amazing (except Phyxixx City [however you f*cking spell it] and Do You Believe).

3. Channel X - Half are decent, the other half make me cringe (hello, Bored of You [prime example]).

I use this font all the time lol.

None. Most of them suck. Especially WCTR, Blue Ark FM, and East Los FM. I don't think anybody ever listens to those. I think R* should replace them with Integrity 2.0, Liberty City Rock Radio, and Vice City Fm from GTA IV Episodes. All of those Radio Stations were awesome! Especially Integrity 2.0 with Lazlow. That one was hilarious! 

Gotta check those out for myself.

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

Anyone have any insight on what TV, windows and an island have to do with the poll?

I had to check if "TV Window Island" was related to the name of the button, but it's called a radio button.

Where'd that title come from?

Radio is similar to a TV. Window is the closest thing I could think of to a mirror. Island is some sort of area, and so is a park. I didn't want to just call out a radio station via the title so I made a play on words.

I had to check if "TV Window Island" was related to the name of the button, but it's called a radio button.

Where'd that title come from?

Radio is similar to a TV. Window is the closest thing I could think of to a mirror. Island is some sort of area, and so is a park. I didn't want to just call out a radio station via the title so I made a play on words.

OOOOOOOOHHHH I GET IT YOU MEANT TO SAY RADIO MIRROR PARK.

Damn dude, that's some Grade-A puzzling. I like that. Do more of that.

Will do.  :cookie:

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:13 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 01:16 AM.

Radio Mirror Park is by far my favorite (I was here before you even knew "here" was a place!). Because of my broad taste in music, I can listen to all of the stations. It'd be easier to name the songs I DONT like.

At some point or another I even took the opportunity to look up other music from the artists I wasn't familiar with before the game. Hudson mohawke, Flying Lotus, Yuna, Twin Shadow, Chronixx, Niña Doiz and Toro y moi all turned out to have good material.

I think they should have had a Led zeppelin song instead of just a Robert Plant song, and they should have featured "Forgot About Dre" with all of the Dre tracks they threw in there.

Fun fact: Jai Paul, the singer from "Jasmine" is the same guy that you hear on Drake's song "Dreams Money Can Buy". He sampled the hook from Jai Paul's song "BTSTU".

Toro y moi was probably the best find of the game for me. For anyone who liked "Harm in Change" and "So Many Details", I highly recommend you check out his full album "Anything In Return". It's an amazing find.

One song I do hate: Life of a Mack. I get ready to blow up my PV EVERYTIME I hear it come on.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

One song I do hate: Life of a Mack. I get ready to blow up my PV EVERYTIME I hear it come on.

Dont you like rap songs about Scottish people? 

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 01:25 AM.

--------------->Joke
(-.- )
^^^ My head

x_BlackRose
  • x_BlackRose

Trick

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

I vote for MSX 98 from LCS. Old skool dnb and jungle all day
  • A Maned Wolf likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:50 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 25 June 2014 - 01:12 PM.

--------------->Joke
(-.- )
^^^ My head

Your not the only one.  tried this once before and no-one bit then either. Its just that its very common for Scots to have Mcor Mac at the start of their surname Eg Macdonald, MCGregor Ect. 

"Straight making that haggis,
Straight making that haggis.
Glaswegians getting glassed out here, all my felow Macs have got ginger hair .
Straight taking that haggis,
straight taking that haggis 
Look up my kilt and you can see my nut sack, its just another day in the life of a mac.""

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:52 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 01:54 AM.

--------------->Joke
(-.- )
^^^ My head
Your not the only one.  tried this once before and no-one bit then either. Its just that its very common for Scots to have Mcor Mac at the start of their surname Eg Macdonald, MCGregor Ect. 

We invented golf but not for jews or blacks, its just another day in the life of a mac.""
That would explain Mac Miller!!!

Edit: I don't know if he has any Scottish origin, but I do kno he is a ginger lol. He uses Mac as short for Malcolm. Is that related to what your said?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

--------------->Joke
(-.- )
^^^ My head

We invented golf but not for jews or blacks, its just another day in the life of a mac.""

Edit: I don't know if he has any Scottish origin, but I do kno he is a ginger lol. He uses Mac as short for Malcolm. Is that related to what your said?

I dont know who Mac Miller is 

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

--------------->Joke
(-.- )
^^^ My head

I dont know who Mac Miller is

-.- ....
Mac miller is a new school, American independent rap artist from the state of Pennsylvania. He's white, and happens to be a ginger.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:28 AM

-.- ....
Mac miller is a new school, American independent rap artist from the state of Pennsylvania. He's white, and happens to be a ginger.

That would be why I dont know who he is. When you live in regional Australia you dont tend to hear much about new school independent rappers from Pennsylvania 

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

You took some serious time entering each of those stations into your poll... kudos to you, OP.

As for a favorite, I like when I find a station that has a good, simple bed of ambient or downtempo music playing.
I can't stand getting on my Bati and it cranks up the loud punk. Not sure why it defaults there. ugh!

But, my real favorite is the talk station. When I'm just tooling around, it's just fun to listen to.

Sorry, i don't know the station names, so I didn't vote. But, there's my feedback. Cheers! ;)

• mesusmist likes this

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:46 AM Edited by GrottiCollector, 25 June 2014 - 02:46 AM.

Where is the option for "sh*t-tier rap played by ghetto thugs over headset mic"?

• Jolly Swagman and mesusmist like this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

You took some serious time entering each of those stations into your poll... kudos to you, OP.

As for a favorite, I like when I find a station that has a good, simple bed of ambient or downtempo music playing.
I can't stand getting on my Bati and it cranks up the loud punk. Not sure why it defaults there. ugh!

But, my real favorite is the talk station. When I'm just tooling around, it's just fun to listen to.

Sorry, i don't know the station names, so I didn't vote. But, there's my feedback. Cheers! ;)

Thanks a ton. I feel the same way, aside from when I just wanna hear music and turn to RMP or something.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:59 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 11:00 AM.

-.- ....

That would be why I dont know who he is. When you live in regional Australia you dont tend to hear much about new school independent rappers from Pennsylvania
Lol of course. Your absolutely right. I wasn't sure where you were from.

Where is the option for "sh*t-tier rap played by ghetto thugs over headset mic"?

Right next to the option for s***y metal that wanna be methheads play over their mics, but right before the option for s***y pop and alternative music that minors and girls play over their mics.

:) let's include everyone here lol.

Whybot182
  • Whybot182

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

Channel X, nothing better blasting some hardcore punk while mowing down randoms in my Vapid Dominator!

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Radio Mirror Park is my favorite

I also enjoy Rebel Radio, Johnny Cash and "The General Lee", Johnny Paycheck, etc. Non Stop Pop because Cara has a sexy British voice. Los Santos Rock Radio is great, when Robert Plant's Big Logg comes on while im cruising in my Sabre Turbo in the desert, pure awesome. West Coast Classics because when I was a kid growing up in Murica' in the 1990's I loved the Rap of that era, Tupac is my all time favorite Rapper, Ambitionz Az A Ridah is a perfect song for GTA, MC Eiht's Straight Up Menace, another great GTA song IMO.

In my humble opinion, the soundtrack for GTAV is just as good as Vice City, which seems to be most GTA fans favorite soundtrack.

• TheMckeever and mesusmist like this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Vice City defo was the best soundtrack to any game/flim ever assembled.

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Blue Ark FM

• mesusmist likes this

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

Vice City defo was the best soundtrack to any game/flim ever assembled.

Idrk about film...many films have soundtracks that have seriously blown me away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users