Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think racing on next gen is going to be difficult with traffic?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think racing on next gen is going to be difficult with traffic? (91 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think racing on next gen is going to be difficult with traffic?

1. Yes, I would be crashing more because people in GTA is a fatass. (14 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. No, I will be able to slip through the traffic without a scratch. (47 votes [51.65%])

Percentage of vote: 51.65%

3. Yes, the traffic will be insane but Rockstar will put in the Argo power-up from Midnight Club. (2 votes [2.20%])

Percentage of vote: 2.20%

4. Stickbomb that bitch. (28 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote
ItsThatGuy!
  • ItsThatGuy!

Why is Goofy a talking dog but Pluto is a DOG DOG?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:15 AM Edited by MrSemiFunny, 23 June 2014 - 12:17 AM.

If you seen the next gen trailer the traffic is packed in the city. I would like if Rockstar carried over the Argo feature from Midnight club.
tumblr_n6yvciUFkZ1sxvumto1_1280.png

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

They know that having high/very high traffic in the city or on the highways takes out the fun of driving for the player. I doubt they are gonna pile up the roads to 100% simulate LA traffic. There might be some moments of the day cycle with higher traffic than others but in general it will still all be well 'drivable'.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

a732932fa0.jpg

I had to.

• HoleInTheSky, ToyGT_one, fac316 and 2 others like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

I normally see traffic as dense as in that picture...

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:12 AM

R* purposely makes all roads in GTA bigger than they are in real life so we can slip by cars easier. I think it'll be tight definitely (Now with the increased traffic) but nothing extreme.

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

a732932fa0.jpg

I had to.

Two things:
1.  Most people here are console gamers so they've never seen this slider before.

2.  The PS4 and XO versions won't have this option.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, InTheShadowsSince04, kipakolonyasi and 1 other like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

Yep, there definitely won't be a traffic slider on consoles version of V.

And I wondered the same thing when I saw the trailer and all those cars. How the f*ck are you supposed to play that? You'd have to drive offroad almost exclusively to get anywhere. Also, think about how traffic gets congested if you hang around traffic stops and intersections for a few moments. sh*t gets BACKED up and that's with what looks like the equivalent of maybe 20 traffic density vs next gen trailer's 100.

I just don't seeing it playing out well when it actually goes live like that. I get the feeling they're pulling another bait and switch on us and the actual PS4 game won't look anything like that trailer in regards to traffic density.

• ItsThatGuy! likes this

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

All I know is I'm going to make a killing when I buy the scrapyard.

If all the explosions don't annihilate the frame rate and cause the game to crash.

• Luddite and FANTOMTRON like this

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:30 AM

It'd be cool with more of a challenge I think

Plus I don't have to worry about anybody beating me ;-)

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

1. Vehicle density slider as someone posted above.

2. That's a trailer, they will always put more cars in a trailer to make it look better, they will never put that many cars in the final game that you get to play. Even without hardware limitations it would just be ridiculous and they know it's gameplay>realism.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

a732932fa0.jpg

I had to.

Two things:
1.  Most people here are console gamers so they've never seen this slider before.

3. But they should if they want to make people happy. :p

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

They know that having high/very high traffic in the city or on the highways takes out the fun of driving for the player. I doubt they are gonna pile up the roads to 100% simulate LA traffic. There might be some moments of the day cycle with higher traffic than others but in general it will still all be well 'drivable'.

That's what you think dude

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

Traffic will be reduced during races, who knows.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

No. Absolutely not. I think the traffic will be reduced during races

• mulder84 likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

Why would they bring in a new feature from another game for a game that's already been released without it?

People, stop convincing yourselves that there's going to be a ton of new sh*t. You will be disappointed if it isn't there. If you think that NOTHING new will be added, you may end up getting some nice surprises that surpass your expectations. 

• InTheShadowsSince04 likes this

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Why would they bring in a new feature from another game for a game that's already been released without it?

People, stop convincing yourselves that there's going to be a ton of new sh*t. You will be disappointed if it isn't there. If you think that NOTHING new will be added, you may end up getting some nice surprises that surpass your expectations. 

Exactly this. I'm going with the mindset that the game will be exactly the same but it will look better.

I know it will better and i'm more than happy with that, anything else is a bonus. People that complain are the ones that over hype it to themselves.

• Fuzzknuckles and InTheShadowsSince04 like this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Mhmmmmm.... Oh yeah

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

2. That's a trailer, they will always put more cars in a trailer to make it look better, they will never put that many cars in the final game that you get to play. Even without hardware limitations it would just be ridiculous and they know it's gameplay>realism.

It was captured on a PS4.

• InTheShadowsSince04 and Kampret like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Difficulty comes from how the AI functions ( drivers ) not the annoying traffic.
I'm really not sure about the options, they don't make f*cking any sense to me.
If you're talking about racing in SP, then the traffic is not going to be that high as normal game. It's pure common sense here.
Just like in the game GTA SA where the racing was a joy to replay and much more challenging than GTA V.
Anyways, I don't imagine that the racing going to be affected by "traffic" or whatsoever, unless one hell of stupid AI making it more boring than difficult.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Traffic will be reduced during races, who knows.

It already is in the current version.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:57 AM Edited by Xerukal, 24 June 2014 - 06:57 AM.

a732932fa0.jpg

I had to.

Two things:

1. That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it? I'm sure someone "here" has at least had one look at the PC graphics options at some point, during the many years IV has been out on PC...

2. We don't know about that. I see no reason why not? It can only help. And NG consoles certainly are capable of higher, if not highest vehicle density settings. While toning them down can only help (in both gameplay and performance :p). 

Really though, I don't think racing is going to be too much of an issue at higher vehicle density. The streets seem to be quite wide and spacious in V. In IV, there's a lot of condensed space and crowded buildings. Not much room for shiny sports cars, sadly. 

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

All I know is I'm going to make a killing when I buy the scrapyard.

If all the explosions don't annihilate the frame rate and cause the game to crash.

I'm thinking the same thing. Fudge driving lol I want to blow up all them cars lol

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

It doesn't matter what they say about how and on which platform it was captured, the point is it won't look like that in the final product. The number of cars is increased to make the video look better, it won't be as high in the final game. It's wouldn't be the first time to do so.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 24 June 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Well, I`m a great racer. If it`s a fair race then I`ll be in top 3 for sure. The problem is that 99% of the players drive like crap, so no matter how good of a driver I am I will end up in a ditch, because some ass decided to use me as brakes on that corner or intentionally spin me out when slipstreaming me on a highway. 

• Kampret likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Well, I`m a great racer. If it`s a fair race then I`ll be in top 3 for sure. The problem is that 99% of the players drive like crap, so no matter how good of a driver I am I will end up in a ditch, because some ass decided to use me as brakes on that corner or intentionally spin me out when slipstreaming me on a highway. 

I know how you feel. Those noobs who don't use their L2/LT, uses other cars as a goddamn brake.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

a732932fa0.jpg

I had to.

It that from IV? Gawd-damn PC is winning me more over each day. With the console we already know what to expect: Dissapointment and wasted oppurtunity.

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Mhmmmmm.... Oh yeah

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

It doesn't matter what they say about how and on which platform it was captured, the point is it won't look like that in the final product. The number of cars is increased to make the video look better, it won't be as high in the final game. It's wouldn't be the first time to do so.

-_-

• Kampret likes this

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

I know how you feel. Those noobs who don't use their L2/LT, uses other cars as a goddamn brake.

Yeah it`s just horrible. But I use my sweet Vacca against all those Entities, Adders and Zentornos so a win over those "fastest car in the game" rammer kids is a good feeling from now and then. Last week I finished 1st in a no-collision race in my Vacca against a lobby full of Adders and Zentornos. It was awesome. What`s the point of owning the fastest car in the game if the guy can`t drive it? Also some people, ok, most of the people say that no-collision races are for noobs, but I say that`s where the real driving skills show, because anyone can ram people and take the 1st place, but it takes some skills to finish first with a clean car. Being a level 102 I`ve only finished 1st once with a car with no scratches in a 16 player race. Usually I end up in a ditch or a tree because the starting line is a complete mess.

Oh and the guys who decide to go reverse the entire race and ram the 1st place are just the worst. 

• Kampret likes this

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by <Yang3, 25 June 2014 - 09:56 AM.

ONLY the PC version will have the Vehicle Density slider.

The console versions will play the game the way the devs want it to be PERIOD

No Sliders..Because it's not called PERSONAL PLAY STATION 4, PERSONAL XBOX ONE or MID-RANGE GAMING PERSONAL COMPUTER for a reason.

R* will present the traffic the way it's meant to be. But, during races/missions, it will be toned down the way it's meant to be. Because that had always been the case.

SLIDERS ARE f*ckING BULLsh*t ON CONSOLES. It's on the PC because some hardware can't handle it 100%.

But, console settings are pre-made during development.

• mulder84 likes this

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Now I'm seeing what is going to happen to the framerate on the PS4/XO when you blow up all those cars on the high way, it will dip down to 1FPS and the consoles will shut them selfs down.

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

R* will present the traffic the way it's meant to be. But, during races/missions, it will be toned down the way it's meant to be. Because that had always been the case.

^This. And I'm pretty sure vehicle density slider, even for PC, only works in single player and not for online. Probably online on next gen will have as much traffic during free roam as single player mode on the current gen, slightly toned down from next gen's and PC's single player for performance issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users