Photo

I wish GTA 5 had Max Payne 3 body armour

18 replies to this topic
zynlen101
  • zynlen101

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

Body armor. In Max Payne 3, shooting at an NPC's body armor actually made it feel like that you're hitting it instead of the armor simply being a part of the model. GTA 5 has it to an extent with the bullet decals but this seems to only apply to the player character. 

• Darth_Starkiller likes this

ItsThatGuy!
  • ItsThatGuy!

Why is Goofy a talking dog but Pluto is a DOG DOG?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

I wish Rockstar will carry over the power ups from Midnight Club. Argo would be useful against Los Santos stupid ass drivers and would been extremely useful on next gen. The traffic in the trailer take up the whole god damn highway. Fat ass NPC traffic make races harder.
  • LightningLord likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

This would take some time as the body armour for some characters is not really part of the model but rather an accessories or a task accessories within the model. The only NPC who has real body armour to this moment is the S.W.AT operatives.

• zynlen101 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

I kinda wish you could see the armor visually, similar to GTA Online. With the toggle. Since I assume most people like it being invisible. Might as well give us the choice. 

It would've been pretty cool to see a light vest under Michael's suit jacket. Or Trevor wearing a heavy vest with his camo cargo pants. 

I guess it'd require quite a bit of work, since there's tons of preset outfits and custom combinations. 

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

"I wish"

"I wish"
  • ViceCityStalker likes this

zynlen101
  • zynlen101

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:51 AM

This would take some time as the body armour for some characters is not really part of the model but rather an accessories or a task accessories within the model. The only NPC who has real body armour to this moment is the S.W.AT operatives.

I did notice that shooting NOOSE officers in the armor causes a spurt of dust. Recently tried the same thing with Army infantrymen in full combat gear; unfortunately it doesn't have the same outcome.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

Well, for some reason the vest on combat-gear soldiers is also an accessories (I forgot if it was a task accs. or a normal accessory) so that's why it doesn't work.

• zynlen101 likes this

zynlen101
  • zynlen101

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

The Army itself in the game didn't get too much attention put in them, unfortunately. Fort Zancudo is rather underutilized. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:10 AM

Welp, they're not really the Army. They're the USMC, however they have 1st Calvary division patches, but the game still indentifies them as marines, with an exception being the a mechanic that is called Armymech. Some attention did go into them and Fort Zancudo has it's share of details, in Online it is rather heavily utilised during most missions but when it comes to SP, I agree with you on that.

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

What about those super realistic gun wounds in max Payne 3, those should have been in gta 5 all we get is red paint splotches :(
  • zynlen101, FANTOMTRON, ViceCityStalker and 3 others like this

Mr. Tibbs
  • Mr. Tibbs

I feel 10 feet tall right now, and as strong as an ox

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

What about those super realistic gun wounds in max Payne 3, those should have been in gta 5 all we get is red paint splotches :(

You know what, Rockstar, make us an open world Max Payne game!

zynlen101
  • zynlen101

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Welp, they're not really the Army. They're the USMC, however they have 1st Calvary division patches, but the game still indentifies them as marines, with an exception being the a mechanic that is called Armymech. Some attention did go into them and Fort Zancudo has it's share of details, in Online it is rather heavily utilised during most missions but when it comes to SP, I agree with you on that.

Rather odd oversight. They're identified as Marines yet are clearly Army infantry.

I'm pretty sure they were meant to be Marines due to the voice files and the fact that the Cargobob has MARINES written on it, then they changed it because they're Rockstar, they have no rhyme and reason.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

I wish the whole combat from Max Payne 3 is in the game.

• ViceCityStalker likes this

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

...I wish V was Max Payne 3...

Che Guevara_187
  • Che Guevara_187

Rebel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

PC and next gen 

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Weltschmerz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

I kind of wish GTA V had Max Payne 3's combat system (minus the bullet time and shootdive mechanics). I mean, it's like GTA IV's driving physics, it just felt more dynamic, it felt like the guns actually had weight.

• ViceCityStalker and Kampret like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by theNGclan, 23 June 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Body armour can be stored as an ambient prop within the model or as an attachable object that would cling to a specific bone in a model.So regardless, there can be a different prop set for individual groups of characters. So no, it wouldn't "take some time". It would take about a day tops to get the system in working order. GTA IV had a body armour system that affected enemies, and so does V. They all use a similar command to MP3, but V's is nearly identical to IV's.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

I wish Rockstar will carry over the power ups from Midnight Club. Argo would be useful against Los Santos stupid ass drivers and would been extremely useful on next gen. The traffic in the trailer take up the whole god damn highway. Fat ass NPC traffic make races harder.

Or you can improve the AI and not turn GTA into Midnight Club/Saints Row hybrid. Jesus you already have Franklin's special slowmotion ability and dumbed down driving.

• Kampret likes this

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

Rather odd oversight. They're identified as Marines yet are clearly Army infantry.

I'm pretty sure they were meant to be Marines due to the voice files and the fact that the Cargobob has MARINES written on it, then they changed it because they're Rockstar, they have no rhyme and reason.

Marines or Army it doesn't really matter, they're basically the same thing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users