Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are GTA YouTubers misleading the GTA5/Online Community?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
317 replies to this topic

Poll: Are GTA YouTubers misleading the GTA Community (306 member(s) have cast votes)

Are GTA YouTubers misleading the GTA Community

1. yes (251 votes [82.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.03%

2. no (55 votes [17.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.97%

Vote
beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Addicted to V

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

Most of them 95% are xbox glitchers and cheaters it's there fault heists are not released yet probably only my opinion

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

Most of them 95% are xbox glitchers and cheaters it's there fault heists are not released yet probably only my opinion

Reason why Heists was delayed that, Rockstar had to deal with the Cloud Servers were having issues.

Said by a Rockstar Techinian

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

there never was or ever will be a youtuber with respect

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Addicted to V

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

Reason why Heists was delayed that, Rockstar had to deal with the Cloud Servers were having issues.

Said by a Rockstar Techinian

did glitches cause the server problem?

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:59 AM

Rockstar doesn't really care about exploits and glitches unless if it things like the content creator exploit that allowed you to get free everything. And that "heist being delayed because of cheaters" was started by the same people who did the glitches themselves.

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Addicted to V

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

Rockstar doesn't really care about exploits and glitches unless if it things like the content creator exploit that allowed you to get free everything. And that "heist being delayed because of cheaters" was started by the same people who did the glitches themselves.

oh ok thinks for clearing that up

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

oh ok thanks for that baseless thought bubble 

FIFY

Zhake
  • Zhake

I own LSPD tint in the regular Pistol and looks gr8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:07 AM Edited by Zhake, 23 June 2014 - 06:10 AM.

i might get a lot of hate for this but I like Domislive.  I don't understand why people here hate his channel so much.

because his titles are misleading 90% of the time and he spams money "glitches" when its actually rooftop rumble he is talking about. Everybody and their mama knows about RR. No need to upload a video on it every week.

I haven't been watching his videos for that long, but I haven't seen him say anything about glitching on his channel, though I don't really watch every video of his, he has had some info on future DLC before release that turned out to be true numerous times too.

I fail to see where "illegal" and "scam" come in to this.

If people are putting up crap videos, dislike them and move on.

Although Zhake's points are pretty good - it does take time to sift through the crap - but usually most liked videos will shoot to the top of your search results.

More than "moving on", I think is our 'social duty' to report them by misleading titles and thumbnails. And if someone takes another video I report it to YouTube. I do that because I want a better YouTube, with cool montages and machinimas like the old good days when Machinima wasn't IGN 2.0. It's about ethic, I can't bitch about something if I'm not doing something about that.

And the new "comunnity channels" are the most hypocrite thing ever. Just a sad excuse to keep stealing videos. I mean, thanks to me I get closed a Facebook page that bullied a kid that upload bad videos and promote racism to all the South American countries. Indifference is why we got all this bullsh*t pseudo-called community.

Oh, and you know what's worst that all these generic youtubers? Spanish community, that's even worse.

Stop snitching fam.

What? Watching your comments, I don't really want an answer from you anyway.

Yeah, just lazy c*nts who can't get a job 

Are you sure you arent Australian and not Mexican mate? That sounds like the most aussie line ever. 

I've been called french, polish... but never australian. My english just sucks.

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

I don't care much for these "YouTubers". I don't watch their videos, and I don't even know any of their names or channels. Literally the only things I do on YouTube is listen to music, watch Blue Heelers and watch the occasional firearm shooting video. Anything else on that site just doesn't interest me.

ThugBunny_
  • ThugBunny_

Patched Demon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

8/10 GTA:O video titles will have something about heists in them and they will be complete speculation about it. Thats what works my nerves, don't put "NEW HEIST INFORMATION!1!1!!!1" as your video tittle if you are going to bullsh*t some minor leak and make it some big thing just for likes.

oh oh oh something else that grinds my gears, You shouldn't ask for likes and subs before the video is complete. Why would i like something that i'm only 30 seconds into? If the video is good enough it will get likes on its own, Youtubers should try and force you to like their content just so they will make a new video IE: "5,000 likes and i'll release a new video"

/rant

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

Only misleading the gullible.
  • am30 likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

well, They mostly talk BS about GTA Online/V, they just make something up and tell about it, without evidence of course.

However, they are just videos, so you can expect that it is fake or barely scratching the surface. If you want to find content, you have to go deep into forums. Sometimes you find a good youtube link, but this is just sometimes...

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:37 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 23 June 2014 - 06:37 AM.

Well you have now. Your English is great. We Australians just call people c*nts a lot (not neccessarily in an offensive way but more like as a general term for people like how people from other countries might say "guys" or "dudes" for example I might say "I went to the pub and every c*nt was blind" 

codywillmakeit
  • codywillmakeit

GTgAy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

Yea I only watch vanoss and his crew, speedy and his crew, and xpertthief. None of them beg for likes and they put out the most entertaining videos. I really don't need to watch "secret paint job" or "fastest way to earn money" videos. I just want a good laugh when I'm bored
  • davetopper likes this

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

Well you have now. Your English is great. We Australians just call people c*nts a lot (not neccessarily in an offensive way but more like as a general term for people like how people from other countries might say "guys" or "dudes" for example I might say "I went to the pub and every c*nt was blind" 

I can second that. I'm an Australian too, and the use of c*nt is really common and not that offensive (to the middle age - younger crowd anyway).

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

Fireman Sam cannot be older than 14.
  • ModderX likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Yeah, just lazy c*nts who can't get a job 

Are you sure you arent Australian and not Mexican mate? That sounds like the most aussie line ever. 

Wouldn't an Aussie call them lazy barstewards mate? :lol:

• Jolly Swagman likes this

DomisLive
  • DomisLive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

i might get a lot of hate for this but I like Domislive.  I don't understand why people here hate his channel so much.

because his titles are misleading 90% of the time and he spams money "glitches" when its actually rooftop rumble he is talking about. Everybody and their mama knows about RR. No need to upload a video on it every week.

Do you even watch my channel ? i haven't done a money glitch since November, these are the rumors that you guys spread. 

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Do you even watch my channel ? i haven't done a money glitch since November, these are the rumors that you guys spread. 

Hey Dom, you seen this?

https://pbs.twimg.co...AURNC.png:large

The heist man
  • The heist man

heists should be my name

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by The heist man, 23 June 2014 - 02:27 PM.

Hey Dom, you seen this?

does any one really believe in Jimbothy? he put this joke up in his video about im not a hipster. its a complete JOKE!!

Jeone
  • Jeone

S.H.A.R.P

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Yes people like domislive and Icrazyteddybear and others make videos about nothing and then fill them with bad dubstep and demand likes
Didn't they all get banned for tag spam anyway?

DomisLive
  • DomisLive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hey Dom, you seen this?

Yup this is all fake I believe, I'll have someone checking on it today and I'll make a video on it.

Funkwalrus
  • Funkwalrus

Friendly neighbourhood walrus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:51 PM Edited by Funkwalrus, 23 June 2014 - 02:52 PM.

I don't care
There's that PewDewPew guy that makes 4mil a year...I don't care

Although I dislike Pewd's content, he seems like a nice guy. He enjoys making his content, and people find it funny regardless of how pathetic it is in my eyes. Plus, he donates a lot of his money to charities. Whereas these kinds of youtubers are usually just money-whores.

• Zonnex likes this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

So flag/report the videos on YouTube then

Jeone
  • Jeone

S.H.A.R.P

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

So flag/report the videos on YouTube then

I flagged a lot of youtubers to spam404 when they used extra tag spam and I report their name to rockstar but I doubt they do anything

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

Hey Dom, you seen this?

Yup this is all fake I believe, I'll have someone checking on it today and I'll make a video on it.

It's legit man.  A few of us in the QotD are playing them now.

• Funkwalrus and Jeone like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

so we should be reporting these attention whores to youtube hoping they get banned or something?

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Misleading titles to generate views is one of the oldest YouTube tricks in the book. Back in the day when they first allowed thumbnails, people would use misleading images in tandem with misleading titles to bait people in to clicking their videos. GTA Youtubers are among the worst of this view whores nowadays. I don't know what annoys me the most, them trying to thump the latest news as if they're the ones who broke it, announcing a new glitch or exploit to further complicate things, or asking for a certain number of likes before the video even starts! Let me watch the video first then judge whether I like it or not you f*cking assholes.

Take a look at some other gamer channels out there like the almighty PewDiePie. if he does a call to action, it's at the end of the video...if at all. Maybe that's a bad example cuz he's got more subs than anyone on YouTube, but the point is that if the video is entertaining and/or informative, people will like it regardless, so stop being f*cking whores, you f*cking whores.

• Jeone likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 23 June 2014 - 03:31 PM.

I only hate youtubers that whore for attention and money by making titles or descriptions in caps lock "OMGZZ MONIES GLITCHEZ AFTER PATCH 1.14 OMG MUST WATCH GIV ADS MONEYZ" or just make a title that is comletely misleading and has nothing to do with the video at all. I also hate those who use images of real life cars on videos with GTA cars. Some are not even f*cking close to their GTA counterpart. And those who make videos of leaks without posting the source and then claim that they own it is just pathetic.

I'm so tired searching for GTA V stuff and all I get is some sh*tty videos by moronic youtubers who think they actually know something, yet they play the game only because they want the money from videos. And not only that, 90% of results is the exact opposite of what I'm looking for.

I don't mind Youtubers that actually have common sense and are not making everything in caps or misleading. It's their business. But it they want the money just to have the money without actually caring about content or subscribers, then they really don't deserve views and the money.

• Jeone and The7thOne like this

Daniel123Shaw123
  • Daniel123Shaw123

Some Random

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Meh... I watch people like MrBoss, DomisLive, and JoblessGamers. It can be annoying when they copy eachother but whatever, I go on YouTube all the time so that informs me. And I like it when they discuss it and sh*t. I don't really like the funny videos YouTubers like KRY Speedy. There dead overrated. They have got it easy though, but there more than capable of finding a job. Some people with confidence issues and sh*t should probably be the ones doing YouTube. And PewDiePie making 4 million a year? Since when? He still lives in an apartment. 

Meh... I searched that. So it is legit? sh*t... he should atleast spend more time talking to his fans, I go on one of his videos and he has like one comment per video, I see YouTubers with like 30k subs replying to every comment. I'm not saying he should do that, hell nah. But he should atleast respond to... meh... 30 atleast. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users