Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are GTA YouTubers misleading the GTA5/Online Community?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
317 replies to this topic

Poll: Are GTA YouTubers misleading the GTA Community (306 member(s) have cast votes)

Are GTA YouTubers misleading the GTA Community

1. yes (251 votes [82.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.03%

2. no (55 votes [17.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.97%

Vote
Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Yeah, just lazy c*nts who can't get a job and keep misleading people by their videos in order to get easy money.

They're a cancer, why?

* You see a video called "UNLIMITED GLITCH MONEY 20M/H SOLO 1.14", the video was uploaded 8 months ago and even when they know that doesn't even work keep changing the title in every update.

* They don't delete older patches videos. Pointless in having them.

* Asking for likes so they can upload a new trick.

* Stupid obvious information like "so, they brought six new cars", no giving info and just a five minutes video of they driving a modded car.

* Promoting glitching and modding but keep bitching about heists delay.

* Opinions given as facts, I still remember all the "1.10 HEIST UPDATE MUST SEE".

* They steal videos of each other and never give credits. One of the worst, I discovered a glitch a few months ago, messaged a youtuber and then he blocked me and uploaded the video saying he discovered.

* The same video in 40 channels. Spamming and spamming.

* Pointless videos like "UPGRADING A BRAND NEW CAR 1.14 ZOMG MUST SEE"

* Misleading thumbnails and misleading titles. Is really a big deal to say that your "UNLIMITED MONEY GLITCH SOLO THE BEST" with a thumbnail of a car being sold by +700.000 is in reality just a Potshot playlist that you didn't even created.

And so, these idiots make me sick, like I said, just a bunch of stupid assholes who can't grow some balls and find a job. YouTube was better before that sh*tty partner program.

• Funkwalrus, Jeone, RoachKiller_416 and 8 others like this

HORROH
  • HORROH

Mom's Spaghetti

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

The only videos I've ever watched regarding GTA on YouTube are stunt montages.

DBN
  • DBN

Redemption 2015

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

i might get a lot of hate for this but I like Domislive.  I don't understand why people here hate his channel so much.

because his titles are misleading 90% of the time and he spams money "glitches" when its actually rooftop rumble he is talking about. Everybody and their mama knows about RR. No need to upload a video on it every week.

• A Maned Wolf, Fireman Sam and NubcakeVII like this

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, just lazy c*nts who can't get a job and keep misleading people by their videos in order to get easy money.

They're a cancer, why?

* You see a video called "UNLIMITED GLITCH MONEY 20M/H SOLO 1.14", the video was uploaded 8 months ago and even when they know that doesn't even work keep changing the title in every update.

* They don't delete older patches videos. Pointless in having them.

* Asking for likes so they can upload a new trick.

* Stupid obvious information like "so, they brought six new cars", no giving info and just a five minutes video of they driving a modded car.

* Promoting glitching and modding but keep bitching about heists delay.

* Opinions given as facts, I still remember all the "1.10 HEIST UPDATE MUST SEE".

* They steal videos of each other and never give credits. One of the worst, I discovered a glitch a few months ago, messaged a youtuber and then he blocked me and uploaded the video saying he discovered.

* The same video in 40 channels. Spamming and spamming.

* Pointless videos like "UPGRADING A BRAND NEW CAR 1.14 ZOMG MUST SEE"

* Misleading thumbnails and misleading titles. Is really a big deal to say that your "UNLIMITED MONEY GLITCH SOLO THE BEST" with a thumbnail of a car being sold by +700.000 is in reality just a Potshot playlist that you didn't even created.

And so, these idiots make me sick, like I said, just a bunch of stupid assholes who can't grow some balls and find a job. YouTube was better before that sh*tty partner program.

These are illegal misleading videos, they already violated YouTuber's Terms of service. Which is a SUSPENDED youtube account.

i might get a lot of hate for this but I like Domislive.  I don't understand why people here hate his channel so much.

because his titles are misleading 90% of the time and he spams money "glitches" when its actually rooftop rumble he is talking about. Everybody and their mama knows about RR. No need to upload a video on it every week.

You can name others  like iCrazyTeddy. He is also another example. 

The only videos I've ever watched regarding GTA on YouTube are stunt montages.

Welcome to the GTA Community

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 22 June 2014 - 11:42 PM.

I fail to see where "illegal" and "scam" come in to this.

If people are putting up crap videos, dislike them and move on.

Although Zhake's points are pretty good - it does take time to sift through the crap - but usually most liked videos will shoot to the top of your search results.

• Ezza. likes this

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

Prince

• Members
  • Liberia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

They could just stop what they're doing.. apologize and start uploading legit, fun videos.

You know.. attract viewers the right way so they can sleep more sound at night. But hey, greedy c*nts are going to be greedy c*nts, éh?

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

They could just stop what they're doing.. apologize and start uploading legit, fun videos.

You know.. attract viewers the right way so they can sleep more sound at night. But hey, greedy c*nts are going to be greedy c*nts, éh?

Oh yeah for sure. They're probably to lazy for that.

You get the same crap in game with those $1000000 + 50000RP DEATHMATCH!!! GO!! type jobs too :/

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

Typical gamer and his videos which turned out to just be speculation over hyped and nearly ruined gta v for me. The expectations I had for the game were so high because of this YouTuber just speculating about the game as if it was all confirmed by R*. He still makes pretty good quality videos now though even if they are are obvious to anyone who hasn't got the game a month ago.
  • Coreyandy5 likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:53 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 22 June 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Just some responses regarding the original post, think it might be helpful for Fireman Sam to get a better understanding.

I do agree that some people post absolute rubbish though. 

Do you actually believed what these GTA YouTubers say in their videos?

Depends on how stupid it sounds, after you hear it you can just go and try it and see if something worked or not. 
If it's hacking/glitch related, I'd only trust content from reputable authors that released the video after the patch date.

Who asked for 3,000 likes on their video making a GTA5 video?

People click like because they liked the video. That's what it's there for.

Doomislive, he is an example who asked people to liked his videos and subscribed to his channel.

Yeah it's quite hard starting out and getting an audience, so going to them is a good way to start. 

If you didn't enjoy his video, then don't like or subscribe.

Don't you think their "greedy"?

No. The money you make off this is small, and you don't become a millionaire. Some people have made it in to full time jobs but it's a real challenge and can take years of hard work.

The GTA Community must be aware of  these YouTubers, they are asking people to like their videos?

There is so many of them, most people don't keep track unless you're a fan of a particular author.

Really? Are these GTA YouTubers pretending to like their fans or care for the GTA Community?

They have to, otherwise nobody would watch their videos. But there is a community larger than this forum.

If you subscribed to their channel or liked their videos. These YouTubers makes money off you.

Subscriptions and Likes do not generate revenue - none whatsoever - but they can lead to more views.

What does generate revenue is Views, the more people who watch your video (if adverts are enabled), the more YouTube pays the author.

Plus we're talking such a tiny amount of money, you really need 10,000 views+ a month. My channel has over 5,000 views, and I've received $0.00.

People get away from doing this scam or fraud. (Of making GTA5 Leaked Information videos)

When YouTube talks about this, it's more related to people who say "go to this URL and buy now" and rip you off.

"Leaked Information" should always be taken with a grain of salt.

You don't know if they have a legal channel contract with YouTube.

Who does? If it's on youtube.com, it's a legit YouTube channel. Even I have one (not for GTA though)

• Ezza. likes this

SemperJ550
  • SemperJ550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

Not all the time but yes, yes they do.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

Typical gamer and his videos which turned out to just be speculation over hyped and nearly ruined gta v for me. The expectations I had for the game were so high because of this YouTuber just speculating about the game as if it was all confirmed by R*. He still makes pretty good quality videos now though even if they are are obvious to anyone who hasn't got the game a month ago.

Yeah with that stuff I always get multiple opinions on the net. They should be clearer about what's rumour and what's confirmed.

What almost ruined GTA:V for me was playing "The Last of Us" a week before GTA:V was released lol

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

:/?????? I am all the way confused smh.

Who are those guys misleading and how are they misleading them? What is the community being mislead about?

As for the YouTube subscribe/like cash card UFO conspiracy, lol they're no different than anyone else. They want to get paid and they need likes to do it.

As far as update info, I treat their "insight" the same as I would reading what some guy would say on this forum:

"Okay, that's nice.".... And then I move on! Lol

I read what comes out on the rockstar newshire, and then I take that to be true.

And furthermore, the reason ANYONE feels the need to get "an inside scope" or "sneak peak" in the first place is BEYOND ME lol. We all get to play it at the same time when it's released, and nobody gets exclusive early access, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

Although Zhake's points are pretty good - it does take time to sift through the crap - but usually most liked videos will shoot to the top of your search results.

More than "moving on", I think is our 'social duty' to report them by misleading titles and thumbnails. And if someone takes another video I report it to YouTube. I do that because I want a better YouTube, with cool montages and machinimas like the old good days when Machinima wasn't IGN 2.0. It's about ethic, I can't bitch about something if I'm not doing something about that.

And the new "comunnity channels" are the most hypocrite thing ever. Just a sad excuse to keep stealing videos. I mean, thanks to me I get closed a Facebook page that bullied a kid that upload bad videos and promote racism to all the South American countries. Indifference is why we got all this bullsh*t pseudo-called community.

Oh, and you know what's worst that all these generic youtubers? Spanish community, that's even worse.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

No, don't dislike them; Don't rate them at all. Both likes and dislikes gain them better results in the search.

Don't watch them, don't rate them, and don't talk about them. That's the best way to not support them.

Christian21J
  • Christian21J

I have small junk

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

I don't care
There's that PewDewPew guy that makes 4mil a year...I don't care

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

King of crap

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

To me it's yes and no. Someone like Domislive. Some of his vids were correct but to me he has enough unnecessary vids to make me like and dislike him.

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

I blame the fan boys of people like iCrazyteddy (hate that guy) his every video is stolen and always full of lies yet these fan boys ass lick him all the time encouraging him to continue - people should stop paying attention to these clowns that lie so much

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

They sure are misleading the youtube search. I hope for a day where I can search GTA and find what I look for without getting bombarded by glitches, tutorials and sketchy rumors. A day when a description gives an actual description and not a list of words to funnel views.

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

I don't care

No, don't dislike them; Don't rate them at all. Both likes and dislikes gain them better results in the search.

Don't watch them, don't rate them, and don't talk about them. That's the best way to not support them.

That's simple

Who are those guys misleading and how are they misleading them? What is the community being mislead about?

As for the YouTube subscribe/like cash card UFO conspiracy, lol they're no different than anyone else. They want to get paid and they need likes to do it.

As far as update info, I treat their "insight" the same as I would reading what some guy would say on this forum:

I read what comes out on the rockstar newshire, and then I take that to be true.

And furthermore, the reason ANYONE feels the need to get "an inside scope" or "sneak peak" in the first place is BEYOND ME lol. We all get to play it at the same time when it's released, and nobody gets exclusive early access, so I don't see what the big deal is.

GTA YouTubers are misleading the GTA Community.  They are mislead about disinformation leaks of DLC updates.

I don't care

That's simple

GTA YouTubers are misleading the GTA Community.  They are mislead about disinformation leaks of DLC updates.

You can't even tell if they have a legal contract with youtube.

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

I haven't been watching his videos for that long, but I haven't seen him say anything about glitching on his channel, though I don't really watch every video of his, he has had some info on future DLC before release that turned out to be true numerous times too.

More than "moving on", I think is our 'social duty' to report them by misleading titles and thumbnails. And if someone takes another video I report it to YouTube. I do that because I want a better YouTube, with cool montages and machinimas like the old good days when Machinima wasn't IGN 2.0. It's about ethic, I can't bitch about something if I'm not doing something about that.

And the new "comunnity channels" are the most hypocrite thing ever. Just a sad excuse to keep stealing videos. I mean, thanks to me I get closed a Facebook page that bullied a kid that upload bad videos and promote racism to all the South American countries. Indifference is why we got all this bullsh*t pseudo-called community.

Oh, and you know what's worst that all these generic youtubers? Spanish community, that's even worse.

Stop snitching fam.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

I think they are. Not only that, but the bulk of their information can simply be found by searching it up online. What's even worse are the ones who have "facecams" or whatever the f*ck they call them, so basically you have to see their face while they're playing a game. No, I don't want to see your face. I don't want nothing to do with you. Crawl back into the sewer you came out of and leave us be.

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

Don't see how that's any different than going to a forum, I see just as much if not more speculation about DLCs and content on here and other forums as I do on youtube.

EV4
  • EV4

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

Just saying, if I were a gta youtuber I wouldn't really care that much about the community considering it's a bunch of 12 year old illiterate swearing children. There is barely any community at all. Not to mention the buttloads of money

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

Don't see how that's any different than going to a forum, I see just as much if not more speculation about DLCs and content on here and other forums as I do on youtube.

Exactly what I was sayin. Apparently it hasnt been made obvious to everyone yet that the only OFFICIAL info comes from the R* newshire.

If people are buyin to that rumor/speculation/gossip, especially from a YouTube video, well it would seem we have more issues than just false DLC info...
  • A Maned Wolf and KingJohn like this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:25 AM

If you believe what a YouTuber tells you (such as Dumbasslive Domislive), you deserve to be misled.  The YouTubers that put out videos claiming to have knowledge of future DLC releases will just say whatever their viewers want them to say thus ensuring they have a steady stream of easily led fools watching their dross.

The YouTubers that put out entertaining videos, like Vanos, H2O Delirious, Lui Calibre, XpertThief and the like are the only ones worth watching.  The ones that enjoy the game and want to share their antics, not the ones that view it as a cash cow and feed anyone watching made up stories and other such crap until the next big release.

Yup, exactly this.

Coreyandy5
  • Coreyandy5

Jokerz Gang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

I remember glitch videos saying they were 1.13 when 1.12 was currently out. Or those monster truck or jet pack videos. The youtuber I hate is icrazyteddy, his content is crap, ridiculous speculations, annoying voice and he smack talks to his commenters. I don't really mind the others, mrbossftw is my favourite speculator as he is realistic, very accurate and he makes fair judgements unlike those who make up stuff and become like whores.

When teddy had the old intro I had to mute the video the intro music was soo loud, Ross is that dude tho

I blame the fan boys of people like iCrazyteddy (hate that guy) his every video is stolen and always full of lies yet these fan boys ass lick him all the time encouraging him to continue - people should stop paying attention to these clowns that lie so much

Who does he steal them from I'll check out there channel

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, just lazy c*nts who can't get a job 

Are you sure you arent Australian and not Mexican mate? That sounds like the most aussie line ever. 

• RowanSane, marco-polo and Ezza. like this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

Sam....you're right, but its not news. These youtubers and their overall style have been a subject of mockery, satire and hate here on gtaf for months that I know of and probably longer. How have you not noticed before?

The idea that they're bending or breaking YouTube's rules is interesting though.
  • Fireman Sam likes this

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

Sam....you're right, but its not news. These youtubers and their overall style have been a subject of mockery, satire and hate here on gtaf for months that I know of and probably longer. How have you not noticed before?

The idea that they're bending or breaking YouTube's rules is interesting though.

Your welcome.

JohnWeazel
  • JohnWeazel

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Am I wrong or could Rockstar get these channels banned for exploiting their game?

Of course they could! But they'd rather PROMOTE someone who's doing it.

Why? Because Rockstar logic. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users