Quantcast

» «
Photo

3DS MAX Custom Animations and using biped?

4 replies to this topic
TheVideoVolcano
  • TheVideoVolcano

*bleep*

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Does anyone know how to use the biped for creating custom animations? 

I know how to animate it and all but I don't know how to export that animation with OIV because there is no root bone to choose.

Do I have to rig the bones to a model?

I'm not too sure on this.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:17 PM Edited by Alexander Blade, 22 June 2014 - 09:17 PM.

OFIO understands only the skeletons made using dummy as a bone with special props (see user props tab)

UltraNineNine
  • UltraNineNine

Nothing Is Really Over Until The Moment You Stop Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:13 AM

I know how to animate it and all but I don't know how to export that animation with OIV because there is no root bone to choose.

If you want to use the biped for creating an animation you need to download this,just follow the instruction in the readme but make sure that you put the scripts folder into the main directory of your 3dsmax first. Again you are using wrong topic friend ^^

TheVideoVolcano
  • TheVideoVolcano

*bleep*

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:20 AM Edited by TheVideoVolcano, 23 June 2014 - 02:32 AM.

Hey Blade,

Nice to hear from you,

I'm not sure what this props menu is, whether it is part of your importer or MAX, I'm more a Cinema4D person, but are you saying you cannot use the biped?

Because the way the joints work is such as blessing compared to h1vltg3s rig. Half of the time I select the damn helpers and not the bone.

Using the name list is slow work so I just deleted the dummy so I can get the actual bones selected.

*Edit

Bob Lester tells JulioNIB tells me that you can you the biped by exporting the fbx and them importing ontop of h1vltg3s rig. looks like it would work (Let's me export the anim) but then it is a static default pose in OpenIV.

;(

TheVideoVolcano
  • TheVideoVolcano

*bleep*

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

If you want to use the biped for creating an animation you need to download this,just follow the instruction in the readme but make sure that you put the scripts folder into the main directory of your 3dsmax first. Again you are using wrong topic friend ^^

ah! Thanks, I saw before but for it was yet another export tool. But for some reason, when I play in OpenIV, the animation doesn't move.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users