no, but it's better than gta liberty city stories

• Journey_95 likes this

Slax_Vice86
  • Slax_Vice86

Vice City Pedestrian

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:31 PM

I have just finished replaying it recently, and after thinking about it, it's tied for me with VC for my favorite GTA.

I simply feel that VCS has too many ups and downs for me to consider it better than VC; VCS has a lot of aspects that make it excel from Vice City(be it some points in the story, a couple of visual aspects, the red balloons, etc.), but also some others that make it considerably worse than VC(again, some points in the story, many textures, awful framerate, the other half of the radios)...

It's just that while VC my be a constant 8(just a random number), VCS is at times a solid 10, but then it drops all the way down to a 4, sometimes an 8, other times it's just a 6...

I think I'll keep my"Vice86", though.  :santa: VCS can have the title of"prettiest and most favorite sky of any game"title from me.

• UshaB likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:02 AM

It's my most liked 3D Era GTA Game. The Radio Stations won me over.

• UshaB likes this

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:47 AM

This game is my second favorite in the III era, following close after GTA III. The city is much more vivid and colorful, it feels more alive. You could say it's the 80s in its glory!

The only thing that spoiled the game for me was Lance Vance. He always screwed up things for Victor, and I can believe Victor would never get into half of the troubles he were in if it wasn't for Lance... Makes killing Lance in Vice City much more enjoyable...

• PhillBellic, Misunderstood and gluserty like this

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

I don't think it's the best game (I don't want to choose a favorite game from this series; I'm glad they all exist), but there's a lot I like about it.

First off, there's more neon in the game and Vice City is more graphically impressive here than the original game, especially the changing colors of the sky (seems to me that the first game still has some of Liberty City's dankness in some spots).

I feel there's more content and it's longer than the first game.

A lot of what San Andreas offered carried over to this game which are the ability to swim, gang wars became empire building (which explains the constant attacks, as San Andreas had constant attacks), able to keep weapons after death, and purchasing custom vehicles.

I think the missions for both games are both excellent, since they're both multifaceted.

I don't know, I think this game is a great companion piece to the first game; I can't get enough of both of them.

• Arsen Vitiuk, Original Light, PhillBellic and 3 others like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

Unlocking the Clymenus suite and walking inside it for the first time and saw the view of the amusement park no game could come close

• UshaB likes this

JTap0
  • JTap0

Grove Street 4 Life!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:38 PM

I wouldn't say it's one of the better ones, but it did give us Rod Edge as a director.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:43 PM Edited by B Dawg, 22 September 2016 - 12:44 PM.

The best? No. One of the best? Abso-f*cking-lutely, on the top among San Andreas and IV (+TLAD).

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

Nope, but it's underrated...
  • PhillBellic, M0rk, Journey_95 and 1 other like this

NearExpansion
  • NearExpansion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

Not the best game but a good supplementary story to VC.  I like Vic Vance, a protag I actually liked to be playing rather than had to be in order to play the games.  Yes the Stories game are short but to me filled the gap between SA and IV very well for me.

• PhillBellic likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:02 PM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 24 September 2016 - 04:33 PM.

Is it the best? No. But is Vice City Stories one of the best GTA games? Yes. In my opinion, it's one of the most underrated GTA games.  GTA Vice City Stories introduced empire building, which essentially replaces property and assets from it's sequel, GTA Vice City, and it's like an alternative to gang wars in GTA San Andreas, which is great. I wish empire building made a return in future games. The soundtrack, as expected from a game that takes place in the 1980's, is fantastic. Although the game is pretty short compared to the other GTA games, I feel that GTA Vice City Stories is a good companion game to GTA Vice City, much like how Liberty City Stories is a good companion game to III.
  • PhillBellic and gluserty like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

It's fairly low down on my list of favourite GTA games. Maybe that's because I loved VC so much that VCS was always going to have a pretty impossible task to make me fall in love with the re-imagined city. VCS is a good game for what it is but with all the changes they made from the original VC it just lost some of it's atmosphere for me and therefore drops down in the list of my favourite GTA games.

• CaptainMental likes this

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

What are you doing, giving birth?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:05 PM Edited by Ribsey, 22 October 2016 - 07:06 PM.

I agree with Militia on a few points. If you're going for 100% then the initial "an entire GTA game awaits me" turns to "when is this over?" more often than not due to the tedious side missions. What makes this one so great are the illegal empire missions (Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery), the weather and lighting (sunsets!), the varied missions (even if a few are weak), the soundtrack, the characters and some other interesting tidbits lurking in the game. 

Collecting vehicles is a pain on the PSP with the garage glitch (another glitch I come across is the random spawn encounter of the VCPD Cheetah, which can disappear from spawning at 3+ stars for a loooong time).

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

Finally starting the game now after setting up a little bit ppsspp, I tested the melee combat this afternoon real quick, what a blast! Now Im ready.

Quick question for you guys, am I going to get this feel of criminal world ?

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

Finally starting the game now after setting up a little bit ppsspp, I tested the melee combat this afternoon real quick, what a blast! Now Im ready.
Quick question for you guys, am I going to get this feel of criminal world ?

With the empire system sure. I personally enjoy it for its comfort value, the soft oranges and deep purples, just enjoy the aesthetics my man.
  • anthony likes this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

Every single day, every time I pray, I'll be missing you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:16 PM Edited by SMACKED!, 14 July 2017 - 10:41 PM.

If this game wasn't all sidemissions and it had more focusing on storyline then yes, I would say yes. 

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

I clawed my way out of Willamette

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:44 AM

The LCS & VCS are the best :inlove:  ,but I prefer GTA 3 Than LCS but i love the 2 games  :) and i no have decision to say what Vice City is Better, the Original or the Stories  :panic:

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

So far so good! Love the atmosphere! Especially the relatio with phil and repo job with that other guy who beat his wife' so far amazing, this is a GTA; pure criminal stuff with bad people.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

VCS is cancer. Sorry. f*cking try to make a good save. The side missions are horrible. Duping = skips missions. Om0 = unstable af.
RationalPsycho made it a better game.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:46 PM Edited by universetwisters, 26 July 2017 - 06:46 PM.

The best? Far from it.

>Whiny protagonist
>graphic downgrade
>a plot that involves you to build up an empire knowing you'll lose it by the time Vice City comes out
>Also a plot that moves either too fast or pads out way too much (HEY VIC MEET THIS COOL GUY I'M WORKING WITH NOW WAIT NEVERMIND HES A COP)
>random DEFEND YOUR BUSINESS THATS ACROSS THE MAP notifications worse than the random DEFEND YOUR HOOD notifications from SA
>barely memorable characters

>the gang rancher

At least with LCS it felt like a proper prequel showing how everything got to be where they were when III took place, but VCS was just some story that happened to take place in Vice City before the events of VC. 

• SMACKED! and Lennart - like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

>Also a plot that moves either too fast or pads out way too much (HEY VIC MEET THIS COOL GUY I'M WORKING WITH NOW WAIT NEVERMIND HES A COP)

I blame production on this, there's was three cut missions between those two, so you were supposed to be working with Forbes and THEN it was revealed he's a cop.

Russian Mobster
  • Russian Mobster

In the Air Tonight...

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

YUP, AND IT WAS MY FIRST GTA TOO, THE LAST ONE THAT I PLAYED WAS GTA III

BACK TO THE TOPIC, OF COURSE, I DONT THINK THAT EVERYONE SAY THAT THIS IS THE BEST ONE, BUT IT IS FOR ME AND THATS ENOUGH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users