Best gta ever?your opinions

84 replies to this topic
Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Strangely enough, I passed the St. Mark's Mafia Rampage AFTER I finished the story, as in my 100% Playthrough with 7 proof vehicles, I actually did the 20 Rampages LAST for 100% Completion.  I must of been lucky as hell, cuz I passed it first try...On the way back ON FOOT running through St. Marks I got SO close to dying...0 Armor and like 15 Health, but luckily I got back, saved, and didn't die as I like to keep the stats as clean as possible.

That's actually why I like VC, everything you said, is why I also like VC, but as a whole the atmosphere of the game just won't "make" the game for me.  There is many more compotents to the game than that....As for the map, for me, it's the worst one.  Especially in Little Haiti and Havana, etc...The roads are all over the place and don't make much sense to me, lol...The long straight aways on Ocean Beach and on the West Island as well, can be found in GTA III and LCS, too.  They have some long straight aways as well.  I usually would go to the long straight roads in III and LCS to get my point of view back as to where I was going and maneuvered from there.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It all boils down to taste I suppose, currently my favorite GTA is IV, while some like III the most, and others like SA the most. There will not be one single game that everyone on the planet likes more than any other game.

As I said I have not played VCS yet, but by looking at random videos on the internet, and comparing the game itself to my gaming preference, it just doesn't connect.

• SonOfLiberty and Militia like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Snitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

@militia i want to ask you where could i get an AP or at least BP&EP&DP vehicle in VCS? Because cars infront of bussines empires after you take all 30 of them are BP but not EP&DP which are important factors for defending bussineses which could make things alot easier.

Anyway what makes me mad in all GTA games is that you get things like unlimited ammo, weapon at your safehouses, 200% health& armour etc, as a reward for 100% completition so that means you get it at the far end of the game. Untill that point you`ve done pretty much all that can be done including all the exploring and shooting sprees. So what`s the point of all that when you don`t need it anymore. Even if you still feel like going around on shootouts there is no actual point of all the ammo because by that time you`ve got millions of $ already.

These kind of rewards would come to good use somewhere during the gameplay and not at the end.

Yes, little haiti is somewhat strange i agree it`s not like any actual district of Miami but the only thing i miss there in VCS are Haitians like they are in VC. In VCS little haiti feels too empty and lifeless.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

^ They are PP too.

Every game has at least one AP vehicle, not including IV and V. In this game, there is an AP/EC Sentinel XS. Here's a video.

• Militia and MrVance like this

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Militia, A week ago.

@MrVance...Yeah, there is only two AP (Bulletproof, Fireproof, Explosionproof, Damageproof) vehicles in VCS.  One is the AP/EC Sentinel XS from So Long Schlong mission, toward the end of the story and they other is the AP Yola Boat from the mission Unfriendly Competition...

You can't exactly replay the missions if you passed the story though.  Here are my vehicles in VCS that I obtained on my 100% save file:

H/FP/PP/EC Walton, BP/FP/EC Pony, UH Freeway, UH Wintergreen, H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS, H/EP/FP/PP/EC Infernus, BP/FP/PP/EC Stretch, FP/EP PCJ-600, AP/EC Sentinel XS, FP/EP/TP Admiral, FP/PP/TP/EC Stinger, H/WP Sanchez

The Walton is from early on in the game.  The Pony, Wintergreen and Freeway are toward the end of the Western Island missions.  The H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS is from From Zero to Hero, the last mission on the West Island, the the others are from the East Island.  However...On the Fire Truck Side Mission, that is where I got the EP/FP/TP Admiral...If you want it, you can get it easily, you just put the fire out of the vehicle, end the mission by hitting R3 twice, and drive away in the vehicle.  The Stinger I got is from the Race #4 on the West Island, however, ALL the race vehicles are proofed.  As for the H/WP Sanchez, this is from the Beach Patrol side mission with those Sanchez's on the beach...You basically get out of the BF Injection and on foot quickly kill one of the guys on a Sanchez from far away, and then end the mission by hitting R3 twice.  Then you get onto the Sanchez and drive away.  WP means Water Proof and TP means Tip Proof.  The car will not catch fire if you flip it upside down.  H means Heavy and it'll push vehicles out of the way like nobody's business...

And like Chris said, the Empire vehicles are BP/PP.  PP is Pop Proof and the tires won't pop by any means.

• MrVance likes this

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted A week ago

I cracked up laughing when I saw the title of this topic.

Best GTA Ever is VCS? Not by a long shot friend.

It was still decent but in all honesty felt very *empty*, to say the least. The story was bland, Vic dies right at start of Vice City (feeling pointless playing him in VCS), the graphics are kinda strange. All around a strange game.

In my opinion San Andreas is and will always be the definitive GTA. Total Masterpiece.

• Militia and chrisscorsese88 like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Snitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

Thanks for your info guys, tommorow i will finish the storyline then i will go for 100% for the 2.nd time in VCS.

Anyway i wish GTA games had more missions, like at least 200. It`s just that all of them including GTA V seems too short., you beat them in few days only if you play it after the work let alone if you play all day long. In 2 weeks you can finish all of them 3D & HD era together, piece of cake.

Good games but too short and too easy.

See ya around guys.

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It was still decent but in all honesty felt very *empty*, to say the least. The story was bland, Vic dies right at start of Vice City (feeling pointless playing him in VCS), the graphics are kinda strange. All around a strange game.

In my opinion San Andreas is and will always be the definitive GTA. Total Masterpiece.

Yeah, SA is surely king.  If people don't see that, then they didn't play GTA that much and are probably biased to the facts or have a nastalgic feeling as to why another game is "better."  But nothing will ever top SA by a long shot.

I also thought the graphics were strange and blury.  VC looks tons better than VCS.  Same goes for LCS, it looks like sh*t compared to GTA III for some reason, and I am playing these games on PS2, not PSP.

Thanks for your info guys, tommorow i will finish the storyline then i will go for 100% for the 2.nd time in VCS.

Anyway i wish GTA games had more missions, like at least 200. It`s just that all of them including GTA V seems too short., you beat them in few days only if you play it after the work let alone if you play all day long. In 2 weeks you can finish all of them 3D & HD era together, piece of cake.

Good games but too short and too easy.

See ya around guys.

I also wish there was more substance to the story missions and not as much side sh*t.  200 missions would be nice and like 20 side missions, instead of like 90 side missions and 60 story missions or something like that.

If you need help obtaining vehicles, check Youtube and always watch "jam8tone" videos as he has the unique vehicle guide walkthrough's on his guide.  Some are tricky.  It's not so simple as to just drive away with a vehicle.  To keep the properties you must do certain things to obtain them...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Snitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

Well the author of this topic just didn`t put tittle so good, he should have wrote something like that; GTA VCS is the best game TO ME, anyone else thinks so? 

It is the best to him,  it is to me and maybe for somebody else too but that doesn`t mean it`s actually the best.

Tastes are different and there is not 1 game in this world that would suit everyones needs. Believe it or not i`ve heard that there are people who prefer GTA 2 to any other. :lol:

It depends of ones expectations i guess.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Snitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

I absolutely agree that SA is unique, there is no other GTA game with so many natural environments than in SA which gives you great feeling of freedom. I mean you`ve got Blaine county in V but in SA you`ve got badlands, you`ve got SF, LV, it`s just amazing and astonishing huge map for 3D era and it`s limitations. .And one more thing before i go, i think it very much depends on which GTA game you`ve started to play with. If you`ve started with GTA 3 than it is a good chance that it will be your best game forever. It is all about the nostalgia. All the gameplay improvements, mechanics, graphic, texture etc wont beat that nostalgia relationship you have with particular game.

So i would say nostalgia is a No.1 factor when it comes to a decision on which game is ones best. I.e. if you love the mafia thing than LCS will probably be your No.1, if you are into west coast gangsta thing, SA will rule to you. And if you are nostalgic 80s fan than VC (or VCS) will be your No.1

This is how these things work.

In my case it`s like that;

the highest fun factor during gameplay: VCS

the best nostalgic feelings: VC

the most interesting and diverse environment and sense of freedom: SA

the best gameplay quality and graphics: GTA V

There are several things that are important and each characteristic is more expressed in one game and less in the other but nostalgia is what counts the most at any GTA fan i think.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted A week ago

Yeah, SA is surely king.  If people don't see that, then they didn't play GTA that much and are probably biased to the facts or have a nastalgic feeling as to why another game is "better."  But nothing will ever top SA by a long shot.

I also thought the graphics were strange and blury.  VC looks tons better than VCS.  Same goes for LCS, it looks like sh*t compared to GTA III for some reason, and I am playing these games on PS2, not PSP.

Oh of course. Almost anybody who doesn't say SA is talking from pure nostalgic reasons. I have major nostalgia for III and VC too, but I can still tell you that SA is King and is the definitive GTA still as of right now.

Now as for LCS though I actually thought those graphics were a step up from III. Either way the "Stories" games feel just strange in general and feel like they are lacking something. They're like all treble with no bass. A cooked stew with no pot. A living body with no life.

Lol you get what I mean.

• Militia likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

SA is the ultimate GTA no doubt because in the 3D era, it has the biggest map, and it has the most proof vehicles, while V has NO proof vehicles and IV has watered down proof vehicles. Sure it says my favorite GTA as of right now is IV, but don't be surprised if that changes when I go back to these games as well. For me, it has nothing to do with Nostalgia, VC is the first GTA game I ever owned, and that's no where near my favorite. I'm more about gameplay and replayability, and SA surely delivers on those fronts.

Third time I said this, but I have yet to play VCS, however after looking at some videos and feedback from certain people, VCS will forever be at the bottom of my list.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Militia, A week ago.

Oh of course. Almost anybody who doesn't say SA is talking from pure nostalgic reasons. I have major nostalgia for III and VC too, but I can still tell you that SA is King and is the definitive GTA still as of right now.

Now as for LCS though I actually thought those graphics were a step up from III. Either way the "Stories" games feel just strange in general and feel like they are lacking something. They're like all treble with no bass. A cooked stew with no pot. A living body with no life.

Lol you get what I mean.

Yeah, SA had so much to offer.  In fact, I thought Gang Wars were one of the worst, repetitive features of the game, but overall SA still did it for me.  It's not about being in the West with a bunch of Gangs.  That didn't really do it for me, it's just the game as a whole did it for me and the different parts of the map, etc.  Great game, 9.5/10 for me...

Yeah the "Stories" games did feel kinda off.  I think it's cuz of the story line to side missions ratio.  LCS Story is only 40% of the game and VCS is only 20% of the game.  The other 60% Completion in LCS and 80% Completion in VCS is all side missions, which is quite strange.  Those games are lacking something, I agree.  But overall, I did enjoy LCS a lot and VCS was half good and half bad for me...

SA is the ultimate GTA no doubt because in the 3D era, it has the biggest map, and it has the most proof vehicles, while V has NO proof vehicles and IV has watered down proof vehicles. Sure it says my favorite GTA as of right now is IV, but don't be surprised if that changes when I go back to these games as well. For me, it has nothing to do with Nostalgia, VC is the first GTA game I ever owned, and that's no where near my favorite. I'm more about gameplay and replayability, and SA surely delivers on those fronts.

Third time I said this, but I have yet to play VCS, however after looking at some videos and feedback from certain people, VCS will forever be at the bottom of my list.

VCS is just....odd.  I can't explain it.  I really didn't like it, though.  The proof vehicles were decent, but overall the game just didn't do it for me.

BrandonModz
  • BrandonModz

GTA Modder

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

GTA San Andreas

xge1n
  • xge1n

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

My best gta is gta 5. And i hope gta 6 would be better than san andreas and gta 5 

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Vice City police officer since 2002

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Not the best but still great !

• Vice City criminal likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 6 days ago

No, but I liked it for what it was. The empire building was the best part of the game IMO.

• Vice City criminal and MrVance like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Snitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 6 days ago

No, but I liked it for what it was. The empire building was the best part of the game IMO.

At last someone who thinks like me :lol: 

I will never understand how anyone can say that empire bussineses in VCS were boring. I mean that was the most exciting thing in whole 3D era. Blown up a vehicle infront of empire bussines with M60 and than wipe out a squad of sharks or bikers with M4 and than as a candy on a cupcake beat them inside one by one and snap their necks than smash their inventar with SPAS 12. f*cking awesome man! After that seting up a high roller robbery bussines and what`s the most challenging the bussines defending. Driving around vice city with BP limo with 3 recruited gorrilas inside and wiping out those sharks in ranchers who come at you every f*cking minute. Defending bussineses which are under attack every freaking minute, defend one, and the next second the other one is under attack...

I remember once i had to do more than 120 defends before i filled up my defending percentage up to 100% just because i didn`t defend them at the start..It took me 9 hours of pure fun.

How the hell can that be boring huh? :r*:

@clement_attlee, where did you got that cop? He looks way better than actual VC`s cops. And less retarded.  :beerhat:

• SonOfLiberty likes this

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

I've played every GTA game apart from China Town wars.  I'd say GTA V is the best followed by Vice City, San Andreas, IV, 3, Vice City Stories, Liberty City Stories, GTA London, GTA 1, GTA 2

MrVance
  • MrVance

Snitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 days ago

When someone asks which game is ones best that`s very objective question. It depends is the best on what? I have some things i prefer in particular GTA game and some that i prefer in other. You need to detailed such question.

For example in which game you have the most fun, in which you like graphic the most, in which you like protagonist the most, or AI, quotations, characters, soundtrack etc etc.

You can`t just say this one is the best.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

^^^^^

That's how I am as well.  Each game has it's positives and negatives.  Like if I say VCS is a 7/10 and then I say GTA V is a 7/10, does this mean each game is equal for the same reasons?  Obviously not...

Out of III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V...I don't rate ANY game lower than a 7/10, but each game is scored for different reasons.

Saying this is the best over this game, doesn't really make any sense.

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Comparing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

The only people who are going to like SA are the ones who grew up playing it. Notice a lot of people just don't get they hype of it, that can tell you their age group right there.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Snitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A day ago

The only people who are going to like SA are the ones who grew up playing it. Notice a lot of people just don't get they hype of it, that can tell you their age group right there.

So what are you trying to say that SA is only good for teenagers or kids? I don`t know if i understood you correctly but that "the only people" bugs me.

SA was the best game of 3D era and it is still better than IV, only V beats it. I`m talking about overall rate. Graphics, characters, story, soundtrack and of course the map, all that together.

Nostalgia is prety much involved in every game, those people whos their 1.st GTA game was GTA 3 for example, they will love it for ever, the same goes for any other but not for SA, SA is different, SA is that kind of game where no matter which one you play before it, you`ll always love SA. The only exception is V. I can see this in my case as well. When i`ve started to play V, i had troubles returning back to 3D era, but if i for example played IV yesterday and i will play SA tomorow, i wont have any problems with it, even if graphic isn`t as half as good as in V.

If you know what i mean.

So overall i would say V and SA beat all other GTA series. Sure my "best" game is VCS but that`s not overall rate, my bond to VCS is more or less nostalgia, protagonist and great 80s soundtrack. But other than that V and SA shadows it.

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Comparing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

So what are you trying to say that SA is only good for teenagers or kids? I don`t know if i understood you correctly but that "the only people" bugs me.

SA was the best game of 3D era and it is still better than IV, only V beats it. I`m talking about overall rate. Graphics, characters, story, soundtrack and of course the map, all that together.

Nostalgia is prety much involved in every game, those people whos their 1.st GTA game was GTA 3 for example, they will love it for ever, the same goes for any other but not for SA, SA is different, SA is that kind of game where no matter which one you play before it, you`ll always love SA. The only exception is V. I can see this in my case as well. When i`ve started to play V, i had troubles returning back to 3D era, but if i for example played IV yesterday and i will play SA tomorow, i wont have any problems with it, even if graphic isn`t as half as good as in V.

If you know what i mean.

So overall i would say V and SA beat all other GTA series. Sure my "best" game is VCS but that`s not overall rate, my bond to VCS is more or less nostalgia, protagonist and great 80s soundtrack. But other than that V and SA shadows it.

You can't expect a 14 year old now to like SA. It has sh*tty graphics (from what their use to) and unless they wanna play it for certain reasons (to understand why a lot of people like it, etc), it's not going to attract them to play. 

MrVance
  • MrVance

Snitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A day ago

If you know what i mean.

You can't expect a 14 year old now to like SA. It has sh*tty graphics (from what their use to) and unless they wanna play it for certain reasons (to understand why a lot of people like it, etc), it's not going to attract them to play. 

Yeah you right from that point, i think i didn`t get your point above.

Of course if today`s kid who is used to play HD era series would suddenly started to play SA it would make him puke. But if guys like me who have played SA for 6 years non stop would return to play SA again, other than graphic (which would make my eyes burn for few hours before i get use to it again) would`t be any problems because the game still rules.

But it rules only for us who have played it already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users