Best gta ever?your opinions

96 replies to this topic
toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

Wednesday, I've bought, for my PS2, both GTA: Liberty City Stories and GTA: Vice City Stories from Amazon, I'm very looking forward to playing them!

Anyway, now I'm playing GTA: Vice City and I am at 98% completion.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Man i`ve played all the games from GTA series except the top down ones and i can still say that noone beats the VCS or/and VC. Not even GTA V let alone IV. Of course that is just my opinion and i`m sure many of you will agree on me just for VC part. As for VCS will not likely anybody agree with me..

Well maybe somebody will since it`s VCS forum :r*: But on any other forum i would be attacked like Vic from sharks death squads in their gang ranchers :cry:

Anyway there are some things i prefer in VC and there are some i prefer in VCS. Both of the games are unique and they will always have a special place in my heart.

For example the take on 80s athmosphere is better in VC, the music is also a little (but not that much) better in VC. As for graphic, the unique orange sunset  :santa: , side missions and of course hand to hand combat VCS wins.

I mean Vic is a fu**ing killing machine, i cant remember any protag from gta3 to gtaV who can snap necks and have tons of killer fighting techniques except for CJ when is 100% buffed with muay thai skills but that is possible later in the 2/3 of gameplay while Vic has these skills by default.

And i will never understand how many people are bitching about Vic`s personality when he is great, the best character, second is Tommy Vercetti. IMO of course.

Vic has heart, he has emotions, he isn`t a hipocryte or a fake moralist as some of you like to describe him. He is forced into doing bad things after Martinez fuc*ed his carreer in the army and after Lance screw the coke thing with Mendez brothers.

And amogst all of that he is a freaking killing machine.

Ok, i ussually dont go into the game so deep because i take it as a game and not reality but as for Vic, he is the only GTA protag i can get in so deep i was actually very sad few days after i discovered that Vic was likely the Vance brother who got killed in 1986.

So, Vic is the best protag for me ever, 2.nd and 3.rd being Tommy and Niko.

Oh and the characters are just freaking AWESOME in this game, they are so funny you simply cant hate them, even bad guys like Mendez and Martinez are quite likebale.

BTW, i find Umberto Robina and Lance quite funnier in VCS than VC.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

I just completed Protection Racket, Loan Shark, Prostitution, and Drugs jobs for the Business Types.  Tomorrow I am gonna do Smuggling and Robbery.

But the reason for this comment is mainly to say, good god was that repetitive and boring...

How can you possibly like doing Protection Racket?  Go to store, kill someone, leave store...Repeat process 15 times....B.O.R.I.N.G.

How can you possible like doing Loan Shark?  Go steal bike, bring it back, go steal truck, bring it back...Repeat 15 times....B.O.R.I.N.G.

Prostitution?  Once again, very boring and repetitive.

The only cool one I did was Drugs as it finally changed things up a bit and only 6 jobs instead of 15.

Seriously, Idk how a lot of you think this is the best game in the series.  Just because it has a lot of side things, doesn't make it a good game.  I call this FILLER.  Rockstar basically creates a mission and says go do it 15 times for 100%.  This is bullsh*t to me.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

@militia i agree on 4 types of bussines missions being boring after a while (except for drugs and robbery) but it aint all about this. It is about all storyline, the main missions are very interesting and i still didnt get bored of them after 40 repeats in the last 5 years.

What about business attacks and especially defending them, now that`s not boring is it?  :r*:

Especially those sharks in gang ranchers, equiped with ak47, now that`s fun and challenging as hell.

BTW, have some of you noticed that the fire rate of NPC`s when doing drive-by is way faster than on foot? But not for Vic, except in the Jive drive mission.

The fire rate of drive-bying NPC`s is just crazed fast, i havent noticed that in any other GTA game.

• Militia likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by Ash_735, 05 July 2014 - 08:24 PM.

Militia, this and LCS were created to played on the go, in between breaks, etc, so yes a lot of the side stuff is filler but it's meant to be that way so a player can easily jump back in and knock out a few more missions to get some money and stuff. It's not the best idea to play through this game directly in one go (nor LCS for that matter) as the side stuff is meant to be broken up for different play times, not all at once.

edit: A good example to think of is a mobile game, say Angry Birds or something, sure it's nice to play a few levels every now and then, but if your forced yourself to play through ALL of the levels in near one go, you'd hate it.
  • Militia likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

edit: A good example to think of is a mobile game, say Angry Birds or something, sure it's nice to play a few levels every now and then, but if your forced yourself to play through ALL of the levels in near one go, you'd hate it.

Oh, that's why I thought Angry Birds was terrible... I just played it wrong, apparently.

Gaming seems a much more complicated process now than it was when I was younger. All these implicit rules about playing games, I just can't keep up.

But seriously, they should print that on the box or something. It's like having a music album which only sounds good if played at minimum volume :p

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

@militia i agree on 4 types of bussines missions being boring after a while (except for drugs and robbery) but it aint all about this. It is about all storyline, the main missions are very interesting and i still didnt get bored of them after 40 repeats in the last 5 years.

What about business attacks and especially defending them, now that`s not boring is it?  :r*:

Especially those sharks in gang ranchers, equiped with ak47, now that`s fun and challenging as hell.

BTW, have some of you noticed that the fire rate of NPC`s when doing drive-by is way faster than on foot? But not for Vic, except in the Jive drive mission.

The fire rate of drive-bying NPC`s is just crazed fast, i havent noticed that in any other GTA game.

I didn't exactly mind the Empire side quest, taking over each Empire wasn't hard at all.  The hitmen that come after you is not hard at all, quite frankly, you or at least I did, was ran away and they stopped coming after me sooner or later.  Thing is what I didn't like is my business' kept getting hammered one after another.  Go defend business.  Business defended.  Go defend another.  Business defended, and this literally repeated one time for me like 12 times in a row.  It didn't even give me 1-3 minutes break to save the game, so therefore my percentage in the stats went from 100% defended to 47% eventually after I took over all 30 Empires.  I have Vance 30/30 (100%) Empires taken over, and 100% Successful Attacks, but Empires Defended is only 47% due to not giving a f*ck if I was being attacked and just saved my game.  I didn't lose the Empire, it only got damaged (of which I just repaired later, anyways) and the attack eventually stopped.  It's almost impossible to get 100% Empires Defended because of how many you gotta defend back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back.  It's not really fun, it's repetitive and boring after a while...

The story wasn't bad, however the story only counts for 20% of the entire game which is the lowest amount for percentage in a GTA game to date.  That's crazy how you do all this work and it only gives you 20%.  Then there is 80% Completion of side stuff.  That's just not how a GTA game is supposed to be, imo.  It should be 60/40 or 70/30.  Not 20/80.  That's just wack.

Militia, this and LCS were created to played on the go, in between breaks, etc, so yes a lot of the side stuff is filler but it's meant to be that way so a player can easily jump back in and knock out a few more missions to get some money and stuff. It's not the best idea to play through this game directly in one go (nor LCS for that matter) as the side stuff is meant to be broken up for different play times, not all at once.

Well I got to 100% for my first time ever in LCS within 11 days.  And on the 12th day, I obtained the last proof vehicle I wanted in the game to complete my garages with 12 proof vehicles in total.  I know others like WildBrick142 here on the forum who is currently playing LCS on PSP right now and he got to 74% in like 3-4 days.  It's not exactly hard to complete quickly, it's just that it's annoying how they make you do the SAME mission numerous times over again for 100% Completion.  You do "The Portland Chainsaw Masquerade" now do Slash TV twice.  You do Karmageddon, now do it again.  You do See the Sight Before Your Flight, now do it 10 more times.  You complete the Sanchez time trial, now do it 11 more times.  It's honestly not fun.  It's easy, yet really boring for me.  I only like playing to 100% mainly for the proof vehicles, anyways and since LCS had such good ones, I liked the game, but solely for the vehicles, really...Nothing more.

I don't think money is needed.  If you're like me, you do the Red Balloons and Hidden Packages at the beginning of the game before even starting missions.  What is money for?  Guns/Ammo?  Well, if you do the collectables early on and the R3 Missions like Vigilante, Paramedics, Fire Truck, Taxi, etc, you surely get enough money and guns/ammo at the hideout that money is useless in these games.  Even VCS, I am sitting on over 1 million dollars from the Empires, but what good is it when I already have 99/99 Red Balloons popped?  I won't ever use it...

And you also gotta remember, I am playing this game after I reached 100% in III, VC, SA, and LCS.  All back to back to back to back.  This is the 5th game I am doing to 100% with a collection of proof vehicles.  My patience is running thin and it's really annoying.  I am not sure why LCS/VCS is so much "different" than III, VC, and SA.  Even IV/TLaD/TBoGT and V for that matter.  There is way more side stuff but it's not fun.  It's just filler and repetitive...

• MrVance likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Oh, that's why I thought Angry Birds was terrible... I just played it wrong, apparently.

Gaming seems a much more complicated process now than it was when I was younger. All these implicit rules about playing games, I just can't keep up.

But seriously, they should print that on the box or something. It's like having a music album which only sounds good if played at minimum volume :p

Just using Angry Birds as an example, since it's split up, same objective, just slight variation like 200 different times. As it's meant to be played in short bursts, if you forced yourself to play through all if them in one go, it defeats the purpose if its short burst play style design. Come on Deji, do I have to explain everything for you?

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

I wouldn't say the best gta ever, but it is better than most GTA's.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

Well i find myself those annoying and constant gang attacs on bussineses in VCS quite disturbing, especially when it`s impossible to pass 1 freking minute to save the game at the nearest bussines as @militia said.

But i found a solution for this and i believe you guys know too that saving and reloading the game will stop those gangs from attacking you. Well at least until the next bussines you hit :*(

Plus i found out that gang attacks on you (Vic) just wont stop until you reload the game. They will eventualy stop attacking your bussineses but they will still attack Vic on sight like 4ever :/

Well those bikers arent the problem, but sharks, that is a little bit too much because of they are 4 of them and because of the crazy firew rate from their ak`s.

So i`m doing those things in my own  special way;

Firstly you cant attacking and defending bussineses at the same time. You either attacking them or just defending them.

When i go for all 30 of them i drive around in a cop vehicle. Because as soon as i finish the attack and entering a vehicle i hit R3 button for triggering vigilante mission so i wont get attacked and thus losing my defending percentage.

So i drive to another bussines i want to hit it, step out of the car towards the gang vehicle outside, than quickly hit R3 button 2-times to cancel the vigilante mission and trigger an attack on vehicle (with RPG or grenade) hopefuly fast enough that damn pager sign "your bussines in little havana is under attack" doesnt outrun me   :colgate: 

The same thing i repeat when i take over a bussines succesfuly and buy it. But some times that pager text for attack just pops out faster than I`m even able to enter a cop car and trigger a vigilante. In that case i go defend one.

I ussualy save game after every 10 bussines attacks.

Ok, now that the attacking part is over i go for defending only to fill my defending percentage up to 100%.

I go and by a bulletproof limo, recruit me 3 gang members and just driving around the city, responding to attacks and eradicating oncoming gangs which coming on me every freaking minute, it`s unbelievable.

The attacks after i own all 30 bussineses are much less frequent but they still are present.

So after i fill my defending percentage up to 100% then i go and save the game and reload it to stop the attacks for good.

Now it`s time for bussines repairing and developing it into high rollers.

After that i go for bussines missions.

This is how i do these things which makes it more easy i believe and more controllable.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

Oh, wow....Nice plan.  I didn't know that or think about triggering an R3 mission to stop the attacks on business'.  That's pretty cool.  However this will constantly make your "Mission Attempts" go up in number, and that is also what I try to keep low.  I like to pass everything first try, and if I don't, I reload.  I don't like to have more mission attempts than I need to.  I like my stats clean.  I also never bothered recruiting Gang Members.  Same for SA, I just took care of the Vagos and Ballas on my own, as I did in VCS with the Sharks and the Bikers.  It's not challenging at all, stand back, get your M249 or AK-47 out, and gun them down as they come out.  The Empire is taken over in 30 seconds or less for me.  It was so easy.  I just had problems with defending the territories as they kept coming, so sooner or later I would just save the game which would make the attacks stop and then I'd go get another Shark Empire.  I also did the Shark Empires one by one, just want to get that nonsense over with already.

However, before the mission "Hostile Takeover" I literally took over the entire West Island one by one.  So before that mission, I had 13/30 Empires taken over already and immediately I bought the Empire and made it High Roller.  However, for the Business Type, I picked mainly Protection Racket, Loan Shark, and Prostitution, but I did pick one or two Drugs as well.  I saved the Sharks Empires until after I completed Level 15 with all the R3 Missions...I also did the 99 Red Balloons early in the beginning of the game, too, but saved 59 of them for when the East Island became unlocked after From Zero to Hero, but once it was unlocked, I got those remaining 59 Red Balloons.  Money isn't even needed in these games if you do the collectables.  What good is money when you have all the guns and ammo at your safehouses?  Money is worthless, lol...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Yeah well the bad side of my way doing this is of course the numbers of mission attempts going sky high up to 300 or more :catspider:  as you said

but that doesnt bother me so much.

Each gamer has it`s own ways of playing games, me personally never want to get wasted in any GTA game, so i save often and if i do get wasted i reload back and re-do it.

But i still find bussines wars minigame in VCS more challenging and less boring than gang wars in SA for example. Altough neither one isn`t hard for us experienced GTA gamers but i still find bussines wars in VCS more interesting because of the attacks on side. I mean in GTA SA there are 3 waves of gangsters on foot only and after that they wont come after you whenever you are like sharks and bikers do.

Well back to the topic there are 3 things in VCS that really inspires me and which are unique in GTA series;

- Vic`s awesome fighting techniques (strangling, neck-snaping and knee kicking from behind)

-gorgeous orange sunset

-incredibly fun characters (IMO)

Just 3 minor details but important for me enough to love this game above all :r*:

But anyways that is only my opinion as well as i can say that neither one GTA game from GTA 3 to GTA V (top downs excluded because i havent played any) isn`t a bad game, theY are all good, some of them better than others but they are all awesome and all i want to say is ROCKSTAR RULES :r*:

Those guys just know best how to make a good games so RESPECT!

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by Militia, 06 July 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Yup, same here.  I always have 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, 0 missions failed.  The ONLY way I fail a mission or die is if it requires a death or to fail a mission to obtain a proof vehicle.  I am big with collecting these in every GTA game in the PS2 era.

SA there was also 59 territories.  In VCS, only 30 Empires.  It took a lot getting used to the Gang Wars in SA, if you stood to close to the wave coming at you, you'd die so easily since later on in the game the Ballas and Vagos had AK-47's etc...The guns the Sharks and Bikers use are sh*t, LOL...Except when the Sharks come at you in the Gang Rancher, then you gotta be careful and keep your distance.

That orange sunset blinds me.  I didn't like it in VC, either.  You'll be driving down the road and all of a sudden you can't see anything...

I think the V Rock Station of the Radio in VC AND VCS is great, and I also find the peds pretty funny in VCS "I'm Gonna Get Some Rubbers!"  LOL...."Me and Your Mother Did it Again!" LOLOL

Yeah, I am like that, too.  Never played GTA or GTA III, nor GTA Advance or GTA Chinatown Wars, but I own GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.

Leep
  • Leep

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

I like SA the best. it's a masterpiece.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Oh i forgot to add something, that is one thing actually that it really bothers me in this game, the lack of peds. This is probably the GTA game from GTA 3 onwards that have the less peds. This sucks, the streets are completely empty, even at day time let alone at night.

And beautiful ocean drive where in VC is full of peds, thus full of life but in VCS there is almost no peds at all. It gives city a strange feeling of emptyness. And the most beautifull part of the town, ocean drive has no peds. WTF!

That is one thing i don`t like about this game.

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Oh i forgot to add something, that is one thing actually that it really bothers me in this game, the lack of peds. This is probably the GTA game from GTA 3 onwards that have the less peds. This sucks, the streets are completely empty, even at day time let alone at night.
And beautiful ocean drive where in VC is full of peds, thus full of life but in VCS there is almost no peds at all. It gives city a strange feeling of emptyness. And the most beautifull part of the town, ocean drive has no peds. WTF!

That is one thing i don`t like about this game.

It maybe a bug, if you use memory card copy//breaking game, it has some problems. I had the same problem when I first installed a copy VCS. No peds and traffic. Reinstall it or buy an orginal one.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

@khan96 what do you mean by reinstalled it? I have a PS2 and memory card with 1 slot saved of 100% complete. So you mean i just need to delete memory card and star on new?

When i start a new game i`m saving on another slot of the same memory card.

Well it`s not like there arent any peds at all, they are but there are way less of them compare to other games, especially VC.

What`s in your case? Are streets full of them like in VC or no?

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

Not the fully memory card, only delete the game data and reinstall it. Don't touch saved data, so you can continue it. Well, I don't feel the streets are empty, especially compare to other games, it is nearly the same. For example Vice City Mall is very crowded in VCS. I am usin PSP version.

But in my first copy VCS was damaged. There were no peds and cars. Not less peds and cars, there were nothing! Vice City were a ghost town in my corrupted copy VCS.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Not the fully memory card, only delete the game data and reinstall it. Don't touch saved data, so you can continue it. Well, I don't feel the streets are empty, especially compare to other games, it is nearly the same. For example Vice City Mall is very crowded in VCS. I am usin PSP version.

But in my first copy VCS was damaged. There were no peds and cars. Not less peds and cars, there were nothing! Vice City were a ghost town in my corrupted copy VCS.

Yeah well the vice point mall is crowded in my case too but the streets are just too empty, i mean they are peds but i would say at least 3x times less of them than in VC for example.

So if i understand i need to delete my old VCS data from memory card and start a new game? Is there something with the old data taht corrupts these things?

It sucks because i have 100% completition on that slot but i will do this anyway because i would like to have more peds on the streets.

Thanks very much for that help! I`m playing this game since it`s release day, i replayed it for like 35 or 40 times and yet i haven`t figured this peds thing out yet.

THANX man!

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Oh and one more thing, is Ocean drive in your case full of peds? Because in my case there is only a few of them walking every few hundred meters maybe. While in VC there are full of them.

Do you thing that  should solve this?

Now i`m gonna wait for your reply before i go and start new game. I`m already looking forward to have some more peds to beat :lol:

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:49 PM Edited by Khan96, 10 July 2014 - 09:52 PM.

VC Mall is crowded in your game? Hmm I think you have no problem, but try to reinstall the game if you want, and not need to delete %100 saved slot!! Saved slots are not corrupted don't worry. I think about that and I realise VCS is a console game while VC is a PC game, PC's are much more capable than the consoles, it means there should be less peds and traffic in VCS, because of the console limits but PC one VC is capable for more peds and traffic. But I don't feel a real problem, VCS is a quite living world to.

Ocean drive? You mean that giant highway? Well, when I drive fast in there, it feels little empty but on foot lots of peds/ Cubans/ Cholo's spawns and it feels crowded enough. (There are more gang members than civilians though)But you can break a Cholo's neck anyway :D Just prepare for 9 mm bullet rain after that :D

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

Finished VCS today to 100% on PS2, surprisingly I didn't have to do Hyman Memorial O.T.D. or whatever it was called.  However, I did this just to see what would happen, and my game reached 101%...

VCS is so glitchy, easily the glitchiest game in the series.

And from my comments on the previous page and above, I still stand by what I said earlier...This game isn't fun, it was tiring, boring, and annoying for the most part.

But I am 100% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, and 12 proof vehicles stored.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Ocean drive is the most beautifull place in whole vice city map, it is that avenue when Tommy had a hotel at the begining of the game in VC.

So i don`t have to delete my 100% slot? Good, cause i`m really not in the mood to do all the ballons and checkpoints again  :catspider:

That`s interesting how the most stupid missions like some checkpoints are the toughest ones while the main important ones are quite easy.

@Militia, i certainly don`t find VCS  boring. But hey, everyone`s tastes are different so i can`t blame you to find my best GTA game boring, you are entitled to it :lol:  but.....

If i remember what kind of things you can do after you beat the storyline in each game (i will not compare 3D to HD however) i get to the conclusions that SA and VCS are the only games out of 3D era that don`t bore me out after the last storyline mission.

In VCS you`ve got plenty of air races, jet ski races, bussines empires, (ok, similar stuff but it still make you busy for at least 8 hours), unique air rescue, air firefighter and beach patrol missions, exciting repeatable rampages etc etc

(a little offtopic)

Now when i finish GTA 3 or LCS, there is no thing to do anymore that i would`t find it boring and useless. Should i go and collect garbage cans? Or delivering noodles for some triads whom i hate most? Oh come on, pure bullsh*t, i mean Toni just beat the crap out of half LC`gangs and got half million $ from Sal so he becomes the most important gangster in town and now he should go and do a trashmaster missions? LOL

Not to mention GTA3 where you can`t drive a freaking 100 m without being attacked. What could you do there besides collecting a packages with landstalker and roll over like million times before even get to manage 2 of them. Or medical missions- yeah that`s a challenging one lol, picking up patients with that ambulance vehicle is a complete nightmare, you roll over like a few times before you even pick up a new patient and if you`re lucky enough you may even pick up 5 of them without being exploded in that ambulance..

GTA VC? Well there is a considerable more amount of things you can do than in LCS or 3 and not being bored at after the storyline but still quite less than in VCS or SA. Rampages, purchasing real estates, hyman stadium missions, vigilante with brown thunder and sunshine car imports& races and than you are pretty much done.

So VCS and SA gets you most busy after the main plot is finished. Well maybe there are gamers who actually enjoy collecting packages and delivering pizzas so in that case you are not bored in any GTA game but me personnaly don`t find that interesting at all. It`s useless and boring. And besides i just couldn`t do that to Tommy, i like him too much to humiliate him by force him to do some pizza delivery :lol:

It just doesn`t fit with his reputation in VC that`s all.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:35 AM Edited by Militia, 11 July 2014 - 10:56 AM.

The story was easy, except Unfriendly Competition and Tune In, Turn On, Bug Out.

I also passed Level 1 through Level 15 first try.  I didn't use the checkpoints.  This just adds more "mission attempts" into your stats which I do not want, lol...I finished with 127 or so Mission Attempts.  However, it would of been lower, but I purposely failed some of the missions in order to obtain some of the proof vehicles in the missions...

All the stuff you just named as what you do after 100% in VCS...Yeah, all of this is boring to me! :p I am glad this game is over.  The reason I collect proof vehicles is because after 100% Completion in all 5 PS2 Era GTA Games, I find driving around in an "invincible" car, so to speak, a lot more fun than doing repetitive side missions.  I like going on police chases and seeing how long I can go for, etc...I like to just cruise the map and relax, not do the side missions over and over...

Well, to answer your GTA III and LCS problem, I just explained it above.  The Mafia and Cartel can't stand a chance against me in GTA III since all 7 of my proof vehicles are Bulletproof.  Some are even All Proof (AP = Bulletproof, Damageproof, Fireproof, Explosionproof), etc....Same thing in LCS.  LCS has an awesome feature in the proof vehicles which you can get H vehicles, this means Heavy.  Heavy Vehicles are actually heavier than a Tank or Fire Truck, but control just the same as lets say a Sentinel for instance.  Also in GTA III and LCS, there is a Crusher Glitch which makes your vehicle into a Ghost and you can drive through walls and buildings and into blue hell.  Once you put the vehicle in your garage as a ghost, it can become DP (Damage Proof)...So these games are some of my favorite games due to H/DP cars and nobody stopping me in my AP vehicles, etc...That's the whole point in collecting, it gives the game much more replayability after 100% due to an amazing collection, and it's hard work.  Getting to 100% isn't even hard.  It's collecting the vehicles, getting to 100%, and making sure none disappear in your garages which is hard...100% is only half the battle.  And the story is nothing for 100%, it's only half the game...

You speak of the Paramedics Level 12 in GTA III...This is why for 100% Completion, I do this FIRST thing.  GTA III you gotta plan strategically, or you won't reach 100% due to the Gangs.  This is neat for me as I like a challenge.  I don't like the easy HD Era for casual gamers...It's too boring and easy for me...

VC has even less proof vehicles than VCS, and surely the worst game for me when it comes to that area of proof vehicles in the PS2 Era.  LCS and SA have over 70 proof vehicles in each game.  GTA III has 8, but 7 of them are amazing, VC only has 9, but half of them are just FP (Fire Proof) which is kinda useless as who uses fire besides the character himself, Tommy Vercetti.  The police, military, nobody uses fire on you, so VC Proof vehicles are almost useless, however, there is one AP vehicle and I got it of course, and also a BP/FP/EP (Bulletproof, Fireproof, Explosionproof) Sabre Turbo, which I have as well.  VCS has a decent amount of proof vehicles, but they were SO easy to get, it didn't feel much of an accomplishment to me, tbh...Really easy stuff...

After finishing reading everything you said, I came to the conclusion, you're more or less a person who doesn't reach 100% in these games then and just does the story and a handful of side missions.  I don't do this.  I 100% ALL of the games and have a proof vehicle collection in all of the games, too.  That is where we don't see eye to eye.  I am playing GTA for "bigger and better" reasons and collecting these one time only mission specific vehicles which adds MY replayability and having fun with my vehicles after 100%, you seem to continue to want to do side stuff, but most side stuff in any GTA game sucks...I get to 100% and that's it for me, and then I just turn the game on and have fun in my AP Maverick, for instance in SA...Or my AP Vortex or AP Infernus, etc...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Well i did reach 100% in all GTA games except for GTA 3 but i aint plan to do this again soon except in VCS where side stuff isn`t so boring at all, at least for me.

Hardcore GTA gamer as myself i find it to get boring by now since i`ve 100% and replayed all games except top down ones for more than 15x up to 35x times in SA case , so it really becomes boring eventually and it didn`t even cross my mind to 100% it  again and all that stuff. So VCS is the only game that i didn`t get bored yet or maybe GTA V too because of the submersible and exploring.

Oh and i forgot to mention that i have the highest rate points ( King of san andreas in SA i.e.) in all games except for GTA3.

So after all that work i have puted in these games already i don`t see any sense why to 100% it again, so i do only storyline and side things that interests me. But i`m also the kind of guy who don`t like to miss a single second of cutscenes, i carefully watch every thing because i`m doing my own GTA chronology from 1984 and all the way to 2013 :lol:

As for AP vehicles, that realy isn`t so important for me except in VCS when i defend my bussines empires, that time you actually need them otherwise you need to visit pay`n`spray every f*cking minute if you even stand untill there.

In GTA3, well i don`t have a reason to visit st. marks again at the end of game as it really isn`t any interesting about that place, i have already explored every corner of 3D era LC map so far.

Anyway one thing i find especially great at VC map in both games, VC and VCS, is the ability to drive really fast for really long distances such as on west island from docks all the way to hyman memorial as there aren`t many obstacles. So that makes it great for crazy bike racing or police pursuits.

That one i miss in LC map because of plenty of corners and not enough place.

Well that is interesting how tastes differs, you find LCS and GTA3 more amusing than VCS, well i find LC map in 3D complete bore. But i must say i like storyline in LCS very well.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by Militia, 11 July 2014 - 04:48 PM.

I've only did GTA III, VC, and SA twice.  I did LCS/VCS once, and I did IV/TLaD/TBoGT/V only once, as well.  And like you, I didn't ever play the Top Down Games as they don't interest me and don't feel like GTA, really.  Chinatown Wars looks cool, but unfortunately it's not for PS1 or 2, and I won't buy a PSP or DS just to play CTW.

But the way I see it, is go big or don't go at all.  Passing the story isn't hard, the side missions aren't hard...GTA overall for me isn't exactly hard.  What IS hard for me and causes a lot of anger and frustration is trying to obtain said vehicles.  I feel much more accomplished if I obtain these proof vehicles while getting to 100%.  100% alone isn't all that special to me...

And not really...I don't find III, or LCS better than VCS, etc...They ALL suck for side missions, not one single thing I find fun...Just tedious and annoying.  The reason why I mainly like III, other than proof vehicles, is cuz it's so damn hard.  Passing a handful of those Rampages was hell.  Even without Gangs hating you at the beginning of the game in Portland, doesn't mean Paramedics is actually easy to get to Level 12, either.  GTA III is by far the hardest game to date to reach 100%, let alone obtaining proof vehicles while you get to 100%.

III had some crazy hard Rampages...Kill 25 Purple/Red Nines in 2 minutes with M-16 HEADSHOTS ONLY...Talk about an actual challenge...Or better yet....Kill 25 Columbians in 2 minutes with a Flamethrower.  Meanwhile they destroy you in seconds with the AK-47's they carry.......GTA III is by far the hardest game out there...It's not really for the casual gamer.  They seemed to make it like that for a reason.

Also, VC is probably the easiest game to reach 100% on...Everything was so easy in that game for me in 2007 and in 2014.  So simple...

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Yeah well i don`t even consider the top down GTA`s as true GTA series. I really don`t have any interests to play them at all. I wouldnt like to ofend their fans or something but since i`ve started your GTA gaming experience with 3D era it is literaly impossible that i could ever play top downs. In that case i would rather play good old street fighter on super nintendo, i`m sure i would enjoy it more :lol:

I agree on GTA`s being a bit too easy, but only after you replay the game becuuse when i`ve played it for the 1.st time it seemed quite hard to me. .But i can count on my fingers how many of missions in all series were realy difficult, maybe, 9 or 10 the most.

So you`ve finished them only once. But you don`t feel like repeat them? Beacuse i needed to repeat the storylines for at least couple of times untill i completely understand whole plot and conected it to a whole GTA chronology..

Anyway even if our opinions on VCS quite differs it`s been nice to discussing with you, i can see you are real GTA master, like myself :lol:

• Militia likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Like both of you, the 3D era was my first GTA experience, so to me as well, the top down era just doesn't quite feel like GTA.

However, I'm more with Militia in the fact that I'm not into the story as much as you are MrVance, pretty soon I plan on doing exactly what Militia is doing, going through all the games to 100% will collecting as many good proof vehicles as I can, while maintaining perfect stats. My record is currently at zero though, so I'm no master yet, but pretty soon I hope to join your ranks.

I'm only into the story on my first playthrough to be honest, after that, I'm more about the gameplay. Even though I haven't played III, VCS or LCS, I will both experience the story, and collect the proof vehicles. However when it comes to VCS, this game will be my least looked-forward to game in the series, mainly because this game is a glitch fest and there is just so much side sh*t to do. Not sure how you can stand it, but I applaud you MrVance, I truly do applaud you.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Yeah well i don`t even consider the top down GTA`s as true GTA series. I really don`t have any interests to play them at all. I wouldnt like to ofend their fans or something but since i`ve started your GTA gaming experience with 3D era it is literaly impossible that i could ever play top downs. In that case i would rather play good old street fighter on super nintendo, i`m sure i would enjoy it more :lol:

I agree on GTA`s being a bit too easy, but only after you replay the game becuuse when i`ve played it for the 1.st time it seemed quite hard to me. .But i can count on my fingers how many of missions in all series were realy difficult, maybe, 9 or 10 the most.

So you`ve finished them only once. But you don`t feel like repeat them? Beacuse i needed to repeat the storylines for at least couple of times untill i completely understand whole plot and conected it to a whole GTA chronology..

Anyway even if our opinions on VCS quite differs it`s been nice to discussing with you, i can see you are real GTA master, like myself :lol:

Yeah, that is how I am, out of all the 3D GTA games, maybe 10 missions were overwhelmingly harder than all the other missions.

No, I don't feel like repeating them.  The only game I will be repeating is LCS and SA, only cuz in LCS, there is so many proof vehicles but the game only allows you to store 12 total vehicles and I want more as a lot of them interest me, so I need to do a whole other 100% Completion Save with a whole new set of 12 vehicles from the first time I did it.  As for SA, I am greedy and want even more proof vehicles than the first time around.  I got 23 the first time around and the next time I do this game, I plan on getting around 40 give or take.

That is also where you and I differ.  I do NOT watch cutscenes and I do NOT listen to phone calls.  I skip all cutscenes and I hang the phone up the moment I can.  I don't like wasting time and I am trying to finish the game as quickly as I can without getting burned out with it.  Plus, the GTA Games Storylines are all on Youtube, I could just sit on the Computer and watch someone else play the mission while seeing the cutscene, etc...

Thanks.  Yeah GTA is basically the only video games I play and know about.

Like both of you, the 3D era was my first GTA experience, so to me as well, the top down era just doesn't quite feel like GTA.

However, I'm more with Militia in the fact that I'm not into the story as much as you are MrVance, pretty soon I plan on doing exactly what Militia is doing, going through all the games to 100% will collecting as many good proof vehicles as I can, while maintaining perfect stats. My record is currently at zero though, so I'm no master yet, but pretty soon I hope to join your ranks.

I'm only into the story on my first playthrough to be honest, after that, I'm more about the gameplay. Even though I haven't played III, VCS or LCS, I will both experience the story, and collect the proof vehicles. However when it comes to VCS, this game will be my least looked-forward to game in the series, mainly because this game is a glitch fest and there is just so much side sh*t to do. Not sure how you can stand it, but I applaud you MrVance, I truly do applaud you.

Haha, yeah, I applaud him, too.  I absolutely couldn't stand VCS.  My least favorite game out of the 3D Era.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

Because i know that there are a lot of GTA gamers who don`t like VCS i joined VCS forum in hopes i wont be alone with my endless love with VCS but i guess i`m alone on this forum as well :catspider:

Anyway it`s hard to explain why i love this game so much along with VC too but i just love everything these 2 games have; the map, storyline, characters, athmosphere, soundtrack etc. It`s like R* created a perfect game for my taste. Besides i was in the army 4 years and a half and i have 2 brothers as well so that helps me get into Vic`s personality i guess.

The only 2 things that VCS has worse than VC IMO is 80s atmosphere which was captured in VC way better. It feels good in VCS too but not so much as in VC. R* did a masterpiece with VC`s atmospehere, if you focus on a game completely you have a feeling that you`re actually in Miami back in 80s. Especially while driving in white infernus around Ocean drive and listening to Jan Hammer or Whang Chung.

And the storyline was a bit better in VC too but i liked VCS`s plot also. 

As much as some of you may wondering how can i stand repeating VCS so many times i`m wondering how can anyone still enjoys playing GTA3. Well, 100 people- 100 different tastes.

Yeah rampages in GTA3 are quite hard, especially that one in st.marks, even before mission last request that was pretty tough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users